- Leading our front office team and maintaining a level of professionalism according to the standards set forth by Starwood and Sheraton Wall Centre.
- Adhering to all policies and procedures set forth by Starwood Hotels and Resorts and Sheraton Wall Centre.
- Balancing the house and blocking rooms according to the standards set forth by Starwood and Sheraton Wall Centre.
- Ensure that checklists are being completed correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Ensure adherence to all credit procedures in the front office, reviewing high-balance report and follow up with credit manager or Front Office Manager if needed.
- Ability to handle relocation of guests according to established procedures.
- Ability to interact and mingle with guests in the lobby to make them feel welcome and as though they belong to the Sheraton Wall Centre family.
- Adhere to and promote all Sheraton Wall Centre Core Values.
- Maintaining guest satisfaction by dealing with guest concerns both in person and by correspondence.
- Promoting the Starwood Preferred Guest Program, motivating agents to continually enroll guests and achieve monthly goals set by the Front Office Manager.
- Response and adherence to emergency procedures. Ensuring a smooth response and coordination of appropriate departments during all emergencies. Training of associates to hotel emergency response procedures. Follow up on all deficiencies found during emergency situations.
- Assist other departments as required in resolving problems.
- Train and develop all front office associates to help them reach their potential.
- Maintaining the standards of the Welcome program and all service recoveries.
- Ensure friendly and efficient guest registration, check out and telephone service.
- Direct and train both guest service agents and telephone operators. Assist in new-hire and ongoing training. Assist with agents evaluations both monthly and annually.
- Review current day’s expected arrivals and check all VIP and special request reservations to ensure that they are pre-registered, blocked properly and other departments are notified of the room assignments. Review the daily room availability and inform other team members.
- Other duties as assigned by the Front Office Manager.
- Previous experience as an Assistant Front Office Manager; or have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory role in an upscale hotel setting strongly preferred.
- Must be fluent in Galaxy/Lightspeed, Microsoft Office or similar front office hotel system experience an asset.
- Excellent guest service skills are required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, a second language is an asset.
- Diploma or certificate in Hotel and Restaurant Management or the equivalent is an asset.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Walking and standing for long periods of time occasionally required; you must be able to exert a well-paced mobility to get to other departments in the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to work longer than 8 hours if needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
- Scheduling flexibility including the ability to work overnight shifts.
Email your cover letter & resume.
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Indeed - 16 months ago