Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Performs pre-trip inspection to prepare the vehicle for travel.
- Performs site preparation procedures to set up the vehicle for operation upon arrival at destination.
- Performs vehicle shut down procedures upon returning to base.
- Performs cold weather storage procedure.
- Performs fueling and refueling of the van before and after events.
- Responsible for communicating any maintenance needs.
- Communicates with to confirm changes, additions or deletions from route schedule.
- Assists with basic cleaning of the unit including: emptying the trash, sweeping the floor, and wipe
down of surfaces.
- Performs other associated duties as needed.
- Assists clients in and out of van, when and as needed.
- Participate with all team members to keep all log books updated.
- Uses check sheets to maintain proper maintenance and safety.
- Must be willing and able to perform physically demanding work outdoors, in all types of weather conditions.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires superior detail orientation, and superior communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 4 Alberta Driver's license and a minimum of 4 years driving experience (required).
- Must have excellent driving record and provide a driver's abstract (required).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a customer/client focused team enviroment (required).
- One year driving experience in a multi-passenger van or a bus, preferably in a health care or
retirement community setting (preferred).
- Must possess strong verbal communication skills, a clear speaking voice, and a strong customer service skills including: courtesy, flexibility, sensitivity, and patience (required).
- Must be willing and able to perform physically demanding work outdoors in all types of weather conditions (required).
- Be available to work on a calendar rotation schedule (required).
- Various shifts