Shell Employee Reviews

Shell in a nutshell
Shell Trading and Operatins Trainee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2014
Great company to work for! I enjoyed the extra lunch and learns which were very educational and essential to my career growth. I especially love the yearly IDP and IPF's as they are a fantastic opportunity to further yourself.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Big corporation
Sucks
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON25 April 2016
After working at Shell for almost a year they still treated me as if I was a new worker, as if I knew nothing. They do not trust their employees.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, horrible owner, not enough staff ever
Shell
Senior Petrophysicist (Technical Authority (TA2)) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2016
great company to work for, good skills development and good people to work with. i would not think of leaving unless the current situation is dictating so.
Pros
big orgnization
Cons
great cluture
Confidence and Communication
Worked as a Cashier/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 June 2016
I had always lacked communicating with other people but this job gave me an opportunity to work on my skills and make them better.
Dealing with customer and solving spontaneous problems gave me confidence for my bigger dreams.
very productive environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 July 2016
I really enjoyed working at bank. It was my first job where i gained a lot of knowledge and confidence to make myself comfortable with others.
very productive,fun working environment,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 June 2016
It was very good experience working with Shell.I want to work again with Shell Gas Station.Very nice working environment.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
Productive and fun place to be
IT Support Engineer / System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Port Harcourt15 March 2016
Resolving of users IT Related issues. working during weekends. Colleagues were fun and interesting to be with. Long hours
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Layoffs, staff quitting, company very disorganized
Upstream America (Former Employee) –  Canada27 April 2014
Shell has a "third party" hired to help turn the company around. Management has no clue what they are doing, no communication, staff members overloaded with work, and no moral anymore.
Pros
Company benefits
Cons
Unstable company
OK
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa4 September 2015
For a dead end job this was ok for a bit. The management was great and the co-workers were fun, but that's about it. Min wage, very little job security and little room for advancement, pushed unrealistic quotas without commission and no ways for us to even really boost sales. There was long hours alone and extremely short shifts as well.
Nice Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB23 May 2016
Shell Gas Station, Poplar Drive, Grande Prairie (Alberta) has excellent work environment. Management is great. Co-workers are supportive.
Good Company
Survey Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray17 February 2015
Very good company to work for great work/life balance. Good compensation package friendly co-workers. Very good work schedule to balance work and family time.
nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 May 2016
I get very less chance to work here due to schedule problem but how much time i a have work was quite good. Managers were good and learn lot about Canada's culture and lots more of experience facing many problems.
Highly skilled staff and crew
Journeyman Millwright (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 July 2015
Wonderful place to work; with great benefits. Unfortunately with the low price of oil 150 skilled trades people were laid off.
Ample opportunity to learn and grow very team orientated
IM/BA Document/Data Information Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2016
Beginning each day with emails and it started from there. I learned something new almost everyday. Co-workers were great. I really enjoy my job but unfortunately the price of oil dictated the ending of my job on June 30 along with so many others. My skills enable me to be versatile.
Pros
Very people, safety and environmental aware.
nice place to work at
gas station clerk/agent (Current Employee) –  Ladner, BC27 June 2014
manager is very friendly, will help you in any way she can.
morning shifts are busy, specially in the afternoon when the kids finish school.
most enjoyable part of the job is that i can converse with people to actually practice my english.
Pros
easy job
Cons
no benefits
enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 June 2016
This was my first job in canada,I learn communication skills,Nice manager and coworker.Always ready to help.I got numerous WOW from head office.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Timing
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 April 2015
Not many benefits to the job at all. I worked cash and it wasnt too bad, but wouldnt work there again unless I was really desperate. The owner wasnt the greatest. Didnt even have as much as water available to us.
limited advancement and poor communication from management
Night Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 March 2016
This job has no future but is a good stepping stone to more productive and fulfilling career job. it is a line assemble job with no structure or encouragement to do more than what is least required to do job.
Pros
own boss
Cons
no comunication / advancement
Logistics Team Lead, OSG (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2012
Lots of opportunity for additional training and advancement
Pros
excellent pension and benefits
Cons
calgary
Great Customers, Poor Management skills for the manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Liberty Street , Bowmanville, ON28 February 2015
Shell Canada on Liberty Street in Bowmanville, On was my first cashiering job. I enjoyed it. I never had time for my Fiance or friends but I enjoyed my job until my manager started to mix personal life with my work life. My manager had went and told my Fiance that I accidentally locked myself out on a night shift and that I was an idiot for locking myself out. She made me sit outside in the dark for an hour and a half. I would have loved to stay working with Shell because my boss was awesome, the pay was great and I was getting amazing hours. But the manager was the problem and still is. I would return to Shell if the boss hired a new manager, the manager abuses his/her position as a manager. The hardest part of my job was impatient customers or customers who liked to blame me for the gas prices. The enjoyable part was getting to meet so many people in my community.
Pros
Excellent Hours
Cons
Poor Management

74%