Shell

Shell Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I enjoyed working for the company
Sr. Office Asst - Special Projects (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 24, 2014
Shell provided the opportunity to enhance job skills. Management looked after their employees, respected the employees, and gave opportunities to grow.
It was not fun
Fuel Attendant (Former Employee), Aloha OregonMarch 23, 2014
I didn't mind being a fuel attendant but I did mind all the back stabling of the employees and the management
learned to work with public
cashier (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXMarch 22, 2014
learned people skills how to interact with the public and cashier lottery and responibilty
Electrical maintenance
electrical technician (Current Employee), chennaiMarch 19, 2014
Planned and effected preventive, breakdown as well as the routine maintenance schedules of various electrical equipments and instruments to increase up time and equipment reliability.
boring
Customer Assistant/Forecourt Attendant (Current Employee), Ramsgate, ENGMarch 18, 2014
Very boring place to work not always busy but manger great learnt how to use the tills
A typical day
Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 16, 2014
What a great place to work. The people are fantastic, the company culture is great and the opportunity to learn new things and grow is always there if you want it. I thoroughly enjoyed working at Shell and would return there in a heart beat.
Fun, exciting experience
Systems Analyst, Shell Trading (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 15, 2014
Management involved in employees day-to-day activities. Everyday different and exiting. Worked with intelligent, knowledgeable people. And enjoyed learning new, exciting things.
I had the opportunity to learn a lot from this business.
Cost Accountant / Assistant Controller (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 15, 2014
I had the opportunity to learn a lot from this business; also I was exposed to different areas of the oil indutry.
Shell is a great place to work
Material Coordinator (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 11, 2014
A typical day involved communicating with a lot of people to get the job done efficiently. I have learned a lot about the drilling and completion process. The management is great everyone is always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is having to look into old information that may be unavailable at times. The most enjoyable part of the job – more... for me is doing all the research in order to get to the end results. – less
Shell is another nice company in terms of work, job security,management, job, and compensation, i rate them 597\ 600
from rousrabout to floorman (Former Employee), At otumara,abiteye and sapele-west and opucushi .March 10, 2014
i like them due to safety standard job culture and job security, the company have well organised forward plan schedule which made the work so easy for driller,s to preform work without stress.
Very relaxing, positive place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant - Internship (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 10, 2014
This was a internship in HS
- Respectful adults toward a student
- Work load was adequate to time frame
My Job at Shell
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 6, 2014
Pros: hours, co-workers, and free soda
Cons: insurance, rate of pay, and no vacation
I get to work at 4:15am and I start the reports from the computerized register, first I clock in from the register, I then write down the scratch tickets numbers and amounts on a paper provided I start the coffee pot and tea pot. Then at 5 am I open the store for the public.
Management is great, my boss is very supportive and understanding when it comes – more... to the job and my schedule.
My co-workers are great, I get along with all of them, and we have fun at work.
I want to say the hardest part of my job is the customers who aren't very happy, whether it's their personal life that makes them grouchy or the weather, it's been cold lately and it makes everyone mean.
The most enjoyable part of my job is every day is different, even if I see the same people everyday, I love my job and I want another one just like it. – less
Great experience
Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free fountain drinks
Cons: no reg.lunch breaks
Working on cash register and serving lotto customers.Having great customer service account for having a good day.Management work team was efficient it operating each day.The hardest part of the job was haven no benefits.Working with my team was the enjoyable part of the job.
It was good fun
Till Operator (Former Employee), Rhyl, WLSMarch 6, 2014
Pros: being trusted to get the job done without any problems.
Cons: long shifts when its quiet.
I usually opened up, turned off the alarm, started work in the shop putting stock out. collect delivery of the days sandwiches and chilled food, rotate what we still have. monitor the petrol pumps and serve the customers. I usually worked alone which can be fun when it is busy and hard when its not.
this job was good.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Richmond, TXMarch 6, 2014
I was a cashier and gas station attendant. I was responsible for keep store clean and help each costumer. The main thing I didn't like was the down time. I like to be kept busy.
COUSTMER SERVICE
Shift Manager (Former Employee), ANDHRA PRADESH HYDERABADMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches and snax
Cons: 10 hours work
COUSTMER SERVICE , NEATNESS , PUNCTUALITY AND REACH THE TARGETS.
like this job
Shipment manager (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILMarch 4, 2014
management is great, co-workers are very flexible. I have learned a lot of patience with costumers. Hardest part of the job is dealing with mean stubborn costumers.
Working as a Analyzer Technician and Acting Supervisor in QATAR SHELL GTL on Behalf of QATAR NATIONAL FACILITY SERVICE [QNFS] till date
Analyzer Technician and Acting Supervisor in QATAR (Current Employee), QATARMarch 3, 2014
• Working in Qatar Shell, Pearl GTL plant as analyzer technician.
• Carrying out preventive & corrective maintenance of process gas chromatographs (ABB, Vista ll).
• Carrying out preventive & corrective maintenance of AMETEK Tail Gas analyzer
• Carrying out preventive & corrective maintenance of Nox, CO, CO2 & CH4 analyzers (Sickmahiak).
• Carrying – more... out preventive & corrective maintenance of Oxygen analyzers (Sickmahiak).
• Carrying out preventive & corrective maintenance of TOC analyzers (Sickmahiak).
• Carrying out preventive & corrective maintenance of PH & Conductivity ( Knick)
• Maintaining higher standards of safety by following the Shell safety policies and standards. – less
Good part-time job
Cashier (Former Employee), Pharr, TXFebruary 27, 2014
It was a good experience but not meant to make it into a career, hours were good, pay was ok, co-workers were good, manager was good. learned how to inventory merchandise and close/open shift inventory.
Worked as Senior Manager Accounts
Senior Manager Accounts (Former Employee), London, United KingdomFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free accomodation and health insurance
Cons: visa issues
responsible for maintaining a thorough understanding of the customer’s end markets, their important customers and their competitors. Appropriately, positions value propositions for Flow, Pump, PP&E and other Pressure Pumping products and services to meet the needs of the accounts managed. Achieve budgetary targets (revenues, margins & working capital). – more... Negotiate and lead the development of complex contractual agreements (MSA, framework agreements, standard terms & conditions etc.). – less

About Shell

Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, – Read more