Shell Employee Reviews

Gas attendant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 November 2015
Generally a fun place to work A typical day would be serving the customers, do stocking, making sure you have fresh coffee, coffee and Slurpee center area is cleaned and work on till. I learned a lot from doing the same thing everyday the most I enjoyed about my day was seeing customers everyday. I had some interaction with my co-workers but not much. The hardest part of my day was if an emergency came up I was the only one there to deal with it.
Pros
Love interacting with the customers
Cons
you can be by your self all day with no breaks
Good life experience
petroleum transferr technician (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC21 March 2016
helped to support MYSELF AND FAM.! A typical day was fresh air and meeting lots of new friends. I learned how to mingle with new clients!
Great place to work with a fun, safe environment
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McKay, AB23 October 2015
Great place to work with amazing people. Management was very supportive in bettering ones self. There can be some days where nothing goes the way you think it should, and other days where it felt like everything was going just as you imagined. The most enjoyable part of my job was working alongside my coworker i worked with everyday, created a great relationship il always have and learned a lot from him.
good crew
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB29 February 2016
loved the job. constantly busy always moving had a lot to do in a shift. management was decent. things were always changing with new product sales and advertisements
Shell has been a great company to work.
Drilling Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2016
Shell has a continued focus on future technology and exceptional development of their staff. They create a good working environment to promotes team work.
Wonderful Company
Site Information Manager Document Control (Former Employee) –  Albian Sands/ Calgary8 January 2016
My Time at Shell Canada was a great Experience. The Work Ethic was amazing and everyone was respectful of one another. I would recommend Shell to anyone that wants to apply there.
A great multinational company.
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB, Canada15 October 2015
Good for opportunities to learn and advance a profession.
Big investment projects underway that benefit the company and society at large.
Operates with a world class safety culture.
Pros
Good opportunity to advance career, with descent pay and benefits.
Cons
Culture based on grading system, that rewards more to visible individuals than performance.
Productive And Fast Learner
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 February 2016
I like to work in a team rather than working alone. I like sales the most and i always learn new techniques to promote a product.
Good place to know about process engineering
Technology Improvement Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2016
Work at site with several classmates
Learned about the process of pipeline for both the oil and gas.
Learned how to use CAD
Busy work place but fun and versatile
Bilingual Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2015
Great company to work for with the ability to transfer departments within the entire company. Working in the retail department lets you be very hands on with gas station owners, customers and other office staff. Open work space so you can always interact but still have the privacy needed when dealing with customer and staff. There is definitely red tape as it is a very big oil and gas company but always had a great time at work, It never felt like work as we had a fantastic group of co-workers
Pros
Loved the interaction with customers
Cons
couple months out of the year it was a lot of overtime for contract time.
Its a job
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 September 2015
It was a lot better then working at fast food. No room for advancement, you still have to deal with irate customers. But it wasn't really all that bad. I worked with some nice people, my regular customers were all nice people, my boss was a good hard working man and wife, both were very accepting when I made the decision to move and couldn't complete my last 5 days of work.
Pros
Cons
Customers irate for no reason 90% of the time
Completions Engineer
Field Completions Engineer/On-Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Foothills, AB26 January 2016
Shell was an excellent company to work for. I benefited from excellent training, both formal and through mentor-ship.
large environmental job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2015
It is really easy and fun job, specially when it comes to an customer service. The advantage is you get to see all kind of people everyday and by talking to them gaining experience and a good relationship through them.
Pros
No lunch unless you bring your own
Cons
Maximum 8 hours shift
great starter place to learn the ropes of work place.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 November 2015
Place to work for must be team oriented as well as organized to result in a successful team. seasonal work and has low season to save up for but when busy it has its own rewards. I liked the variety of trades involvements to learn from.
shell
foreman on tools and A QC (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB20 December 2015
I worked directly with shell's qa qc it gave me the advantage of knowing exactly what shell would except therefore only having to do the job once therefore he keeps me on schedule of whats on task
great experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgeway, ON14 August 2015
This was my first job being promoted from a gas attendant to supervisor all the way to being a manager.
My coworkers were all amazing I never had any issues with them at all.
Typical day at work when I wasn't at school would start at 6am to 9pm. Coming in counting the cash, making sure all the pumps were on and working, car wash was working smoothly, employees had checked in on time for work.
The hardest part of the job is that it was full serve so winters were very cold and bitter but we make it through them.
The best part of my job was being given such s great opportunity for working as a manager and meeting some amazing and understanding customers who always made my job better without making a hassle.
What I learned with this company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 December 2015
First company I worked for in the oil sands. Worked with Sycrude for l
many years and learned a lot of values with home and work life.
Pros
Dinner banqets
Cons
No overtime
Automotive technician
auto tech (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 August 2015
I worked 12 hour shifts.7 on 7 off .Week of days week of nights .I stayed in camp ,Flew home to Grande Prairie on days off, I repaired company equipment .I took courses to enhance my knowledge on other mining equipment .Highly competent in Diag and repairs of automobiles .Very strong people skills .I am an excellent team player .Management team were supportive and helpful .I enjoyed working with my team .Great bunch of guys .Job was not difficult for the most part. I enjoyed working and learning along side my team.
Cheque exchange
Heavy Oil Revenue Business Integrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2015
This is one of the most stressful week during cheque exchange at the end you see the positive results, you can count on your coworkers we all a team it doesn't matter what is your position on that day everyone is the same, is a long day ( you go home around 8 9 sometimes after 10 pm) some times with out dinner, is so intense, waiting for volumes, prices, input the revenue and upload JE, at the end of the day you high five because you did your part, in stead of taking taxi, i will drive my coworker home stop at mcdonald's for a milk shake and talk about our day, there's no complains, your learn to work as a team and gather ideas and results, we had a little bit of supervision and the end for sign off,
Pros
our time to price ourselves by going for coffee next day
Cons
You don't get to have dinner with your family but they understand is not everyday you stay late
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 November 2015
Great place to work co-worker are great .Working through the years gain more experienced everyday.A lot of new equipment to learn and challenge on every day job.
Pros
Staying in camp more free time after work.
Cons
Don't mind long hour