Shell Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
A good learning experience for customer service and management skills.
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Delta, BCJune 4, 2015
Pros: Healthy environment, free coffee, very systematic
Cons: basic pay, no breaks
I normally do 6 am - 2 pm shifts and it is mostly the busiest time of the day. But working in such a fast paced environment helps me to handle customers, taking care of cash, keeping the store organised all at the same time and also working as a team with my co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is multi-tasking to ensure everything is going right in order to satisfy the needs of the customer but it s also the most enjoyable part of my job as it provides a great learning experience for me.
Prior to the market fall out Shell was a great place to be employed.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Workdays were 8.25 hours with every second Friday off
Cons: Oil and gas market.
Shell provided great learning opportunities, of which I took advantage of during my time there.

Until the market stabilizes I am not confident to work in this industry.
With the Oil price decline, the company is shedding many jobs
Downstream (Former Employee), London, UKJuly 28, 2015
I have enjoyed working for Shell, but recently the environment has gotten much tougher with lots of good staff being transferred or being let go, so hopefully soon it will go back to being a great company to work for.
oil & gas
Head of Projects Services (Former Employee), egyptSeptember 16, 2015
performance management of the Operations Performance Unit
Developing and maintaining clear metrics for the operations teams supported
Budgeting & Financial analysis
My time at Shell Canad was extremely enjoyable and challenging. I had learned so much there and appreciated everyone I worked with and for.
Logistics Lead UA Alberta (Former Employee), Edson ABMay 15, 2015
I was in charge of all the logistics for U/A in Alberta. That consisted of managing 116 contract companies and a 3PL company. Also managing 5 internal staff. I managed all freight, water, camps and aviation throughout Alberta. All Road Transport in and out of my assets were managed by me. I learned how to be a true leader and learned a lot about continuous self improvement. The hardest part of the job was the fact I had no breaks I was on call 24/7. The most enjoyable part of the job was always being presented with new challenges.
Poor work place effected by huge cuts.
Electrician (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Flights provided
Cons: Worst lunch selection have ever seen.
Due to recent cutback the Albian Site has become a uneasy place to work with little or no job security. No body wants to share or help each other for fear of losing there job.
Enjoyable place to work for almost all my time there
Fuel Attendant (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Spring/Summer months very nice weather, Meeting customers and speaking with regulars, Worked with friends, Amazing manager up until he left in summer of 2014
Cons: No breaks (unless no cars), No in-store food to buy (only drinks), Winter months are extremely cold when outside for long periods of time.
Shell in Grimsby is a very old place but that didn't stop us from having a blast working there. Although we never had much to offer besides fuel, and few in-store purchases, the customers loved coming back.
treat people very well
Project Financial Accountant (Current Employee), CalgaryAugust 4, 2015
As Shell has offshored accouting transaction work load to oversea FO so I maily worked on oversea coordinating, process improvemenet, vendor management, and across department communication.
good place
Assistant Attendant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2015
i like to work there it is nice place to work i like working here i should work there more what else do you what me to say i said i liked working here
Good experience to boost confident level
Customer executive support (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free coffees and snacks
Cons: 8 hours standing job
Eight hours shift in that have to make coffees every 2 hours. This is the great opportunity to meet people have good conversation and contact with them. It boosts confidence level and helps to improve communication. Hardest part is to stand for eight hours and lot of instore work like refilling grocery, chocolate bars section, cleaning dusting. maintain work orders, getting all work done related to system, technical field.
Shell Canada is an upper echelon company to work for with great pay to contractors.
SFE Expeditor/Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2015
Pros: Shell Canada upper echelon of oil and gas companies to work for
Cons: Shell executives, management and leadership staff preserve their own exorbitant incomes at all costs, work force counts for little
Inadequate management in place - I feel that working for Shell was overall a good experience, but the lack of proper leadership was a contributing factor to the failure of the Carmen Creek Project experience to date.
Busy Work Atmosphere
Customer service / key holder (Former Employee), leducJuly 23, 2015
A typical day at work is helping customers with their purchases and stocking shelves and make sure the cleanliness of the overall store inside and out is up to store standards.
Canadian customer service at Shell
Cashier (Former Employee), Claresholm, ABApril 10, 2015
Pros: Exciting arrival in Canada
Cons: Being paid less than agreed in contract
Customer Service in Shell Service station. Managed all aspects of service station store including orders, restocking, taking inventory, managing and balancing cash, making daily reports, and serving customers. Most of these tasks were not new to me but I had not previously worked in a service station. I enjoyed my arrival in Canada and made some friends among my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was being paid less than the rate promised in my contract and the isolated location in Claresholm.
enhances people skills
Manager at Shell petrol station (Former Employee), Grand Valley, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: talking to diff customers all day, not a boring job.
Cons: love every bit of it.
A day at work is basically completing transactions. checking and stocking inventory, entering data, ordering products and dealing with clients. I learned customer service skills, people skills, being independent and working in a fast paced environment and delivering positive results. I learned to work better in a team and alongside my co workers. Hardest part of the job is keeping the customer happy which is also the most enjoyable part.
Flexible hours
Cashier (Former Employee), Regina, SKAugust 27, 2015
I enjoyed how I was able to work different shifts during the week. The management of the Shell gas bar that I was employed at was awesome to work for.
World class global company to work for.
HSSE Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, CanadaAugust 23, 2015
World class global company to work for. Great work life balance and learning.Global career opportunities and growth.
Good Manager, poor upper management and everything else
Retail Service Rep (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaApril 1, 2015
Pros: Easy Job
Cons: Poor Leadership
The job wasnt hard, and it was great at first. I got to sit on my butt half the night and do didly squat and get payed for it. But eventually that just got to be too much. It was boring, more of the same every shift I ended up working. There is zero room to grow and advance within a gas station, and for 10.75 an hour the way I was treated by the upper management it was finally to much and I quit.
Contract work
Data Entry Clerk (Contract) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Pros: very welcoming
Cons: project got terminated
Contract data entry as I've learned different ways of the process on oil and gas industry.
I've enjoyed the people I've worked with; the team was very welcoming.
Only worked there on a short period of time as the project got cancelled and some of us got let go.
It was a very good opportunity to gain more skills in the oil and gas industry and also to have met a great team.
Excellent Company
Field PC Manager (Former Employee), Peace River, ABAugust 22, 2015
Excellent Company to work for, in all aspects. Camping, flights, work environment all high standard. Staff are very good.
Productive, fast paced and fun place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Staff christmas parties.
Relieve the morning staff, and help them finish up, then proceed with the evenings to do list.
efficient ways to handle inventory, and how to effectively serve customers.
Management was very reliable and effectively communicated.
Co-Workers were fun to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs was the dinner rush.
Headquarters