Shell Employee Reviews

Improvement as a person as-well-as Employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 November 2016
Good working environment
Co-workers were helpful
Most enjoyable part was greeting customers and talking with them
I learned how to be responsible and co-operative by working here
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Nothing Free
Great Experience
Quality Measurement Instrument Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 November 2016
I had a pleasure to work with a great team and was exceptionally please with getting exposed to challenging but rewarding experience not only in operation but also in reliability and technology.
Pros
Great team to work for
Cons
Someone stress full at times.
Great Company to work for.
HSSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC7 November 2016
I have been working either directly or indirectly for Shell for 20 years and what I like about Shell is they have been a company that really works with the communities that are in the area. I have personally been involved in some of this and it is good to see a company put back into the communities and not just take.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Such a large company you need to be patient and follow the process
A great place to work
Project Coordinator & Snr. Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2016
A company that provides you training both on the job and otherwise, to enable you do your work for mutual benefit. You are given the freedom to apply your knowledge and encouraged to seek help from peers and colleagues when you have difficulty.
Not the best first job
Pump Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB2 November 2016
I got decent hours when I first started then summer time came and I got cut down to 3 days a week and a 4 hour shift , getting paid once a month. Then I got sick with bronchitis and got 1 day a week and a 4 hour shift. Management wasn't very polite and hard to understand
Cons
Short hours, foreign workers
Good job starting out.
Site Safety Leader (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 November 2016
The job was great for starting out and building up some experience on the resume, however it is deffenatly not a long term position.
was a good company before
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 October 2016
i enjoy working cash. i use to like my job. i learned a lot since i started working there. i learned how to serve food to customers.
It's a pretty fun environment at my work place. We all get along and try out best to help each other as best we can, which I think is super important
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Westlock, AB24 October 2016
I have a lot of fun working at shell. It's super friendly and pretty well paced. People love the gas and service that we provide to them and they always come back. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to start practicing in the retail world.
Pros
You get lots of hours
Cons
It gets boring sometimes
Geologist GIT
Project coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2016
Provided me with good tools on how to approach complex situation and problem solving skills. overall it was a great experience working with shell
I love to communicate to different people.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 October 2016
My current job at Shell gas station is awesome, i like that job. My job there is to
• Receive payment in exchange of filled gas or goods from the convenience shop
• Make receipts and bills for customers
• Price and shelf incoming goods
• Calculate total payments received at the end of the day to tally with goods sold and more
Tailings planning Intern
Tailings Planning Division Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2016
Great impact on knowledge and exposure and supportive team to help through deadlines.
Always a good place to start your career from.
Good for a inclusion in all the fields connected.
Pros
Great benefits
Gas Station Attendant
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2016
Shell gas station was a great place to work to pay the bills. I enjoyed working with the staff and found each day very busy with gaining experience in convenience store sales and selling gas a lottery.

Each day was a little different with marketing and stocking the level of merchandise through the performance of promotions while following the lottery and tobacco laws. It was great experience for cash handling and preparing end of shift reports and cash drops for the next shift to begin.

The management was excellent and was always sure to provide you with side duties to keep you busy. The manager was great at training and directed most of the gas deliveries as a senior position.

The best part of the job was visiting with the customers and getting to know the staff in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Very busy gas station
Cons
Long hours of standing
productive and enjoy to my work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, AB12 October 2016
ive learned from my work is how to deal with other people and how to handle a different situation and diffirend kind of attitude of people,to my co worker we work as a family and team were cooperating with each other the enjoyable part of my job is to give good service to the customer.
A scary place to work!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB5 October 2016
This Shell location in Selkirk, MB has employees working alone 7+ hours at late times at night, Local Police were called on many occasions due to dangerous situations.
Great Place to work however...
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB5 October 2016
You work with a variety of different customers, as it goes with personal security, I did have to contact Authorities on a number of occasions. I learned that i'm able to work in conditions alone @ busy times.
Great staff and management
Cashier and car wash attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2016
Car Wash/Cashier - learned different skills of handling problems to benefit of costumers/employers.
I found management to be very fair and concerned of employees health and mental state.
Fellow coworkers to become very close and family like, this led to dealing with upset customers easier to calm.
Would be the interactions with the different cultures.
friendly helpful staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 September 2016
i'd typically start at about 3 and leave at 11. it was a nice laid back place to work. I worked at two different stares. I worked 5 days a week
Good to work there
Counter cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 September 2016
i like to deal with customers . I feel that job is fun creating and i never bore at work.as we all know all days are not good we have some prepay pumps which need to pay before pump the gas sometime customers getting late to reach their destinations, so they become frustrated and start fighting with us . We try to calm down the residents and sometime we offer complimentary coffee or slush to them.i won mystery shopper last quarter and he gave me $ 25 gift card i felt happy that day
Pros
free coffee or tea
Serious work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB29 September 2016
Rarely get breaks, no part-time worker benefits, no raises. Able to get shifts off on short notice. Easy to switch shifts and pick up shifts. Nice workers. Shifts were long.
believe in myself.
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thompson, MB29 September 2016
I have learn administration .I have learn read the faces and try to understand the people and perform my duties according to the demands .My always priorities to make my own customers and make them comfortable that they can come in my store with ease and create a good environment . When ever i just give training to a new employee i ask them be frank to the customers that they feel ease and enjoy your customer serves because it also help you a lot while dealing with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval