Shell Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Company
Continuous Improvement Lead, Global (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 23, 2015
Amazing workplace. Professional and friendly employees. Safety focused above all else. I was proud to work for this company and appreciated all the experience I gained there.
oil & gas
Head of Projects Services (Former Employee) –  egyptSeptember 16, 2015
performance management of the Operations Performance Unit
Developing and maintaining clear metrics for the operations teams supported
Budgeting & Financial analysis
Outsourcing & Contracting
Senior Buyer/Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scotford, ABSeptember 12, 2015
Learn and practice the culture of outsourcing scope of regular and onsite services via term contracting. Interactions with stakeholders and contractor to seek value improvement, eliminate waste and enhance productivity.
Pros
Flexible working hours
great place to work
Turnaround (shutdown) Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McmuraySeptember 12, 2015
this was a great experience for me. good job with good atmosphere and great people to work with. I really took a lot from the experience in this positoion , helped me with my coordinating skills and orginizational skills.
A Typical Day at Shell
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 5, 2015
My shell has lot of good people around me to work with. Lot of job flexibility. I always like to take ant shift. Even if you are working under pressure, you never feel like that.
Pros
Free coffees, drinks.
Cons
Minimum salary even if you have experience.
OK
Attendant (Former Employee) –  OshawaSeptember 4, 2015
For a dead end job this was ok for a bit. The management was great and the co-workers were fun, but that's about it. Min wage, very little job security and little room for advancement, pushed unrealistic quotas without commission and no ways for us to even really boost sales. There was long hours alone and extremely short shifts as well.
Cheque exchange
Heavy Oil Revenue Business Integrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 3, 2015
This is one of the most stressful week during cheque exchange at the end you see the positive results, you can count on your coworkers we all a team it doesn't matter what is your position on that day everyone is the same, is a long day ( you go home around 8 9 sometimes after 10 pm) some times with out dinner, is so intense, waiting for volumes, prices, input the revenue and upload JE, at the end of the day you high five because you did your part, in stead of taking taxi, i will drive my coworker home stop at mcdonald's for a milk shake and talk about our day, there's no complains, your learn to work as a team and gather ideas and results, we had a little bit of supervision and the end for sign off,
Pros
our time to price ourselves by going for coffee next day
Cons
You don't get to have dinner with your family but they understand is not everyday you stay late
good place
Assistant Attendant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2015
i like to work there it is nice place to work i like working here i should work there more what else do you what me to say i said i liked working here
Acheived customers statisfaction by provding 100% service
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2015
A great job dealing with customers and other stakeholders including payable, receivables and suppliers.
Able to deal with day to day problems
Able to manage things and work in a team
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
No cons but i finished my school so looking for some job regarding my education
Lowest wages, high humiliation, no job security, no benefits
Sales assisstant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON, CanadaSeptember 2, 2015
I've been working with Shell for two years. The salary never rises and you don't get any benefits. I have been given one uniform shirt and its shrinking on me each time I wash it. No care or concern is shown towards the employees. NO hand sanitizers installed. Retailers save pennies and compromise on every single thing that is related with safety. No scope to progress further no matter how hard you work. Being a female worker, I have rendered all kinds of work including shoveling in heavy snow. The hardest part of the job is to shovel and lot pick particularly when its extremely cold. They should hire the services who do this for their properties. at that amount of salary, its the most terrible job that we are told to do. No progress expected at this job but helps one keep financially viable. I also do the office work and I never mind cleaning toilets or shoveling or lot picking but at least they should give us a slight raise.
Pros
Cons
No Breaks at all. No Free Lunches, No benefits
good working experience
Safety, salesman ship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2015
nice working experience with a potential to grow with not enough salary benefits.that work experience was quite valuable for me as it was my 1st ever job experience in canada and i learnt alot from that personally and professionally
Not a lot of job security anymore
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaAugust 28, 2015
I spent a lot of time contemplating what I should write as a review. When I first started 7 years ago, I thought I found my last job. Management was great, the job was very fulfilling and challenging and the pay was exceptional.

Unfortunately, a lot has changed. Now there is very little support from management, just ever growing expectations. Over the last few years, with all the out-sourcing, there are just not a lot of rewarding opportunities for employment, just a lot of philosophical positions that add very little value to the organization.

That combined with a avalanche of fast-talking "analysts" who are more concerned with finding there next job than putting the time and effort to actually contributing to the success of the company. They are more concerned with manipulated KPIs than customer satisfaction.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
They are also your competition for an ever shrinking job pool
Flexible hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKAugust 27, 2015
I enjoyed how I was able to work different shifts during the week. The management of the Shell gas bar that I was employed at was awesome to work for.
Company in transition to RDS and conversion to SAP
JDEdwards Sales Order Processing Business Focal (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2015
A challenging time because of the buyout of Shell Canada by Royal Dutch Shell and the conversion from JDEdwards to SAP. Employee moral wasn't as high as it may have been before I got there.
Pros
Worldwide Company
Cons
Employee moral very low
World class global company to work for.
HSSE Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, CanadaAugust 23, 2015
World class global company to work for. Great work life balance and learning.Global career opportunities and growth.
Excellent Company
Field PC Manager (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABAugust 22, 2015
Excellent Company to work for, in all aspects. Camping, flights, work environment all high standard. Staff are very good.
great experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgeway, ONAugust 14, 2015
This was my first job being promoted from a gas attendant to supervisor all the way to being a manager.
My coworkers were all amazing I never had any issues with them at all.
Typical day at work when I wasn't at school would start at 6am to 9pm. Coming in counting the cash, making sure all the pumps were on and working, car wash was working smoothly, employees had checked in on time for work.
The hardest part of the job is that it was full serve so winters were very cold and bitter but we make it through them.
The best part of my job was being given such s great opportunity for working as a manager and meeting some amazing and understanding customers who always made my job better without making a hassle.
Automotive technician
auto tech (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 7, 2015
I worked 12 hour shifts.7 on 7 off .Week of days week of nights .I stayed in camp ,Flew home to Grande Prairie on days off, I repaired company equipment .I took courses to enhance my knowledge on other mining equipment .Highly competent in Diag and repairs of automobiles .Very strong people skills .I am an excellent team player .Management team were supportive and helpful .I enjoyed working with my team .Great bunch of guys .Job was not difficult for the most part. I enjoyed working and learning along side my team.
treat people very well
Project Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 4, 2015
As Shell has offshored accouting transaction work load to oversea FO so I maily worked on oversea coordinating, process improvemenet, vendor management, and across department communication.
With the Oil price decline, the company is shedding many jobs
Downstream (Former Employee) –  London, UKJuly 28, 2015
I have enjoyed working for Shell, but recently the environment has gotten much tougher with lots of good staff being transferred or being let go, so hopefully soon it will go back to being a great company to work for.