Shell

1.1K reviews

Shell Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
busy, and fun to work for
Full time Closing manager (Former Employee), edmontonJuly 30, 2012
Pros: free carwashes and slurpees
Cons: rude customers, and drive-offs
my work consisted of helping customers, answering related questions about SHELL and AirMiles. I loved the customers and my co-workers, which ive had many over the past 4years. Hardest part of the job was dealing with drive-offs of fuel. I enjoyed the people and working with the computers and cash.
Contract Management Analyst
Contract Management Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 6, 2014
Pros: site visits to fort mcmurray and new learning opportunities
Cons: long hours 5 days a week.
My job description changed significantly from interview to actual work. I worked as a contractor and discovered that I prefer to work as an employee. My preference is buying large engineered packages and at Shell I was responsible for Service Contracts.
A great multinational company.
Production Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, AB, CanadaOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Good opportunity to advance career, with descent pay and benefits.
Cons: Culture based on grading system, that rewards more to visible individuals than performance.
Good for opportunities to learn and advance a profession.
Big investment projects underway that benefit the company and society at large.
Operates with a world class safety culture.
Happy
Cashier (Former Employee), White Rock, BCDecember 3, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: i worked to cover other people shifts and some work for my own self to make better money, though there is no over time deal for me as well.
I loved my job because i knew what i was doing and on the top of that it matched with my nature to provide outstanding customer service.I got a lot love and respect from my company. But only they dont have any benfits, coverage with minimum pay.
Good place to work as a student
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCDecember 1, 2014
I mostly performed supervisory role. I prepared weekly schedules for employees. I have managed inventory along with customer service and cash handling. Have deposited cash in the bank.

Great place to work and improve customer service skills. I have made some very good friends. I found the manager to be very helpful and motivating.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Delta, BCAugust 2, 2013
Gained experience as a customer service representative specialized in areas of basic automotive care and maintenance, site safety and security, fuel systems management, and sales and customer service. Independent nightly closure and experience with inventory and cashier's systems was an asset.
Was alright!
instrumentation (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Great pay
Cons: to performance focused
Working for shell canada was awarding first but soon you realize that it is very much I mean way to much performance base where you completely rely on other departement performance in order to succeed within your job. Therefore, its somewhat bias when it comes to individual performance.
Acheived customers statisfaction by provding 100% service
Store Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: No cons but i finished my school so looking for some job regarding my education
A great job dealing with customers and other stakeholders including payable, receivables and suppliers.
Able to deal with day to day problems
Able to manage things and work in a team
Brand Recognation
Operational Cluster Manager (Current Employee), Victoria, BCJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Always be a Leader in Customer service, Health and safety oriented company, Teachnology oriented organisation.
Cons: Long Hours. It's hard to find employees for Gasoline industry.
It's honor to work for a Gasoline company. I would like to keep continue working and want to establish my self as a brand Ambassador.
great safe learning experience
Power Engineer Apprentice (Former Employee), Peace River, ABJanuary 24, 2016
it was a great experience to learn from and a great place to learn in.
although it was only for three summers I enjoyed the people I worked with and each days daily runs and checks/ safety meeting.
when I worked there it was an odd shift schedule witch made it hard, life was planned around work.
OK
Attendant (Former Employee), OshawaSeptember 4, 2015
For a dead end job this was ok for a bit. The management was great and the co-workers were fun, but that's about it. Min wage, very little job security and little room for advancement, pushed unrealistic quotas without commission and no ways for us to even really boost sales. There was long hours alone and extremely short shifts as well.
Great people, great environment
Contract - IT Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2014
At Shell, I was responsible for on boarding/off boarding contractors which included; electronic passes, providing software programs through IT, login IDs, hardware, travel arrangements, excel spreadsheets, office/staff ratio logistics and other related tasks.
Prior to the market fall out Shell was a great place to be employed.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Workdays were 8.25 hours with every second Friday off
Cons: Oil and gas market.
Shell provided great learning opportunities, of which I took advantage of during my time there.

Until the market stabilizes I am not confident to work in this industry.
Company in transition to RDS and conversion to SAP
JDEdwards Sales Order Processing Business Focal (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Worldwide Company
Cons: Employee moral very low
A challenging time because of the buyout of Shell Canada by Royal Dutch Shell and the conversion from JDEdwards to SAP. Employee moral wasn't as high as it may have been before I got there.
good company
Class "AZ" Driver (Current Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 29, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: closing distribution centre
i have grown with this company for 24 years. a typical day would see me up at 2 am, to work by 4, circle checks done, truck loaded and on the road making deliveries. the hardest part of the job has been watching the company slowly shutting down this department.
Living and working in Victoria was awesome
Manager (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCNovember 25, 2014
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: hectic
When I was a a manager at the location in Victoria everything just flowed perfectly. The customers were always very happy and made the job exceptional.
My employer at the time was very good and ensuring that I was properly compensated for my work.
Shell in a nutshell
Shell Trading and Operatins Trainee (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits!
Cons: big corporation
Great company to work for! I enjoyed the extra lunch and learns which were very educational and essential to my career growth. I especially love the yearly IDP and IPF's as they are a fantastic opportunity to further yourself.
Fixed income portfolio management
Fixed Income Portfolio Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntSeptember 29, 2014
I was a member of a small very active trading team. The challenge including being a part of the asset allocation team which determined the portion of the pension fund assets to be invested in the main categories (bonds, equities, real estate, etc...).
Outsourcing & Contracting
Senior Buyer/Contract Analyst (Current Employee), Scotford, ABSeptember 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible working hours
Learn and practice the culture of outsourcing scope of regular and onsite services via term contracting. Interactions with stakeholders and contractor to seek value improvement, eliminate waste and enhance productivity.
large environmental job
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2015
Pros: No lunch unless you bring your own
Cons: Maximum 8 hours shift
It is really easy and fun job, specially when it comes to an customer service. The advantage is you get to see all kind of people everyday and by talking to them gaining experience and a good relationship through them.
Headquarters