Shell Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Senior Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 4, 2015
Management philosophy and mode creates room for high suspicion among workers with sporadic staff changes. Employees generally have little trust in the system.
Its a job
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCSeptember 27, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Customers irate for no reason 90% of the time
It was a lot better then working at fast food. No room for advancement, you still have to deal with irate customers. But it wasn't really all that bad. I worked with some nice people, my regular customers were all nice people, my boss was a good hard working man and wife, both were very accepting when I made the decision to move and couldn't complete my last 5 days of work.
Busy work place but fun and versatile
Bilingual Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Loved the interaction with customers
Cons: couple months out of the year it was a lot of overtime for contract time.
Great company to work for with the ability to transfer departments within the entire company. Working in the retail department lets you be very hands on with gas station owners, customers and other office staff. Open work space so you can always interact but still have the privacy needed when dealing with customer and staff. There is definitely red tape as it is a very big oil and gas company but always had a great time at work, It never felt like work as we had a fantastic group of co-workers
Great Company
Continuous Improvement Lead, Global (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 23, 2015
Amazing workplace. Professional and friendly employees. Safety focused above all else. I was proud to work for this company and appreciated all the experience I gained there.
oil & gas
Head of Projects Services (Former Employee), egyptSeptember 16, 2015
performance management of the Operations Performance Unit
Developing and maintaining clear metrics for the operations teams supported
Budgeting & Financial analysis
Outsourcing & Contracting
Senior Buyer/Contract Analyst (Current Employee), Scotford, ABSeptember 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible working hours
Learn and practice the culture of outsourcing scope of regular and onsite services via term contracting. Interactions with stakeholders and contractor to seek value improvement, eliminate waste and enhance productivity.
great place to work
Turnaround (shutdown) Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort McmuraySeptember 12, 2015
this was a great experience for me. good job with good atmosphere and great people to work with. I really took a lot from the experience in this positoion , helped me with my coordinating skills and orginizational skills.
A Typical Day at Shell
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 5, 2015
Pros: Free coffees, drinks.
Cons: Minimum salary even if you have experience.
My shell has lot of good people around me to work with. Lot of job flexibility. I always like to take ant shift. Even if you are working under pressure, you never feel like that.
OK
Attendant (Former Employee), OshawaSeptember 4, 2015
For a dead end job this was ok for a bit. The management was great and the co-workers were fun, but that's about it. Min wage, very little job security and little room for advancement, pushed unrealistic quotas without commission and no ways for us to even really boost sales. There was long hours alone and extremely short shifts as well.
Cheque exchange
Heavy Oil Revenue Business Integrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 3, 2015
Pros: our time to price ourselves by going for coffee next day
Cons: You don't get to have dinner with your family but they understand is not everyday you stay late
This is one of the most stressful week during cheque exchange at the end you see the positive results, you can count on your coworkers we all a team it doesn't matter what is your position on that day everyone is the same, is a long day ( you go home around 8 9 sometimes after 10 pm) some times with out dinner, is so intense, waiting for volumes, prices, input the revenue and upload JE, at the end of the day you high five because you did your part, in stead of taking taxi, i will drive my coworker home stop at mcdonald's for a milk shake and talk about our day, there's no complains, your learn to work as a team and gather ideas and results, we had a little bit of supervision and the end for sign off,
good place
Assistant Attendant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2015
i like to work there it is nice place to work i like working here i should work there more what else do you what me to say i said i liked working here
Acheived customers statisfaction by provding 100% service
Store Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: No cons but i finished my school so looking for some job regarding my education
A great job dealing with customers and other stakeholders including payable, receivables and suppliers.
Able to deal with day to day problems
Able to manage things and work in a team
Lowest wages, high humiliation, no job security, no benefits
Sales assisstant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ON, CanadaSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: -
Cons: No Breaks at all. No Free Lunches, No benefits
I've been working with Shell for two years. The salary never rises and you don't get any benefits. I have been given one uniform shirt and its shrinking on me each time I wash it. No care or concern is shown towards the employees. NO hand sanitizers installed. Retailers save pennies and compromise on every single thing that is related with safety. No scope to progress further no matter how hard you work. Being a female worker, I have rendered all kinds of work including shoveling in heavy snow. The hardest part of the job is to shovel and lot pick particularly when its extremely cold. They should hire the services who do this for their properties. at that amount of salary, its the most terrible job that we are told to do. No progress expected at this job but helps one keep financially viable. I also do the office work and I never mind cleaning toilets or shoveling or lot picking but at least they should give us a slight raise.
good working experience
Safety, salesman ship (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2015
nice working experience with a potential to grow with not enough salary benefits.that work experience was quite valuable for me as it was my 1st ever job experience in canada and i learnt alot from that personally and professionally
Not a lot of job security anymore
Sales Support (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: They are also your competition for an ever shrinking job pool
I spent a lot of time contemplating what I should write as a review. When I first started 7 years ago, I thought I found my last job. Management was great, the job was very fulfilling and challenging and the pay was exceptional.

Unfortunately, a lot has changed. Now there is very little support from management, just ever growing expectations. Over the last few years, with all the out-sourcing, there are just not a lot of rewarding opportunities for employment, just a lot of philosophical positions that add very little value to the organization.

That combined with a avalanche of fast-talking "analysts" who are more concerned with finding there next job than putting the time and effort to actually contributing to the success of the company. They are more concerned with manipulated KPIs than customer satisfaction.
Flexible hours
Cashier (Former Employee), Regina, SKAugust 27, 2015
I enjoyed how I was able to work different shifts during the week. The management of the Shell gas bar that I was employed at was awesome to work for.
Company in transition to RDS and conversion to SAP
JDEdwards Sales Order Processing Business Focal (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Worldwide Company
Cons: Employee moral very low
A challenging time because of the buyout of Shell Canada by Royal Dutch Shell and the conversion from JDEdwards to SAP. Employee moral wasn't as high as it may have been before I got there.
World class global company to work for.
HSSE Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, CanadaAugust 23, 2015
World class global company to work for. Great work life balance and learning.Global career opportunities and growth.
Excellent Company
Field PC Manager (Former Employee), Peace River, ABAugust 22, 2015
Excellent Company to work for, in all aspects. Camping, flights, work environment all high standard. Staff are very good.
great experience
Manager (Former Employee), Ridgeway, ONAugust 14, 2015
This was my first job being promoted from a gas attendant to supervisor all the way to being a manager.
My coworkers were all amazing I never had any issues with them at all.
Typical day at work when I wasn't at school would start at 6am to 9pm. Coming in counting the cash, making sure all the pumps were on and working, car wash was working smoothly, employees had checked in on time for work.
The hardest part of the job is that it was full serve so winters were very cold and bitter but we make it through them.
The best part of my job was being given such s great opportunity for working as a manager and meeting some amazing and understanding customers who always made my job better without making a hassle.
Headquarters