Shell Employee Reviews in Canada

its fun working at shell
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABDecember 2, 2015
gained a very good knowledge of customer service, personality types and consumer behaviour. Their well-prepared training modules make it understand very easily.
Résumé
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Saint-hubert, QCNovember 19, 2015
Balancer les caisses,
Gestion de la marchandise
La partie la plus difficile était la fermeture des magasins
C'était agréable de travailler autant avec mes collègues qu'avec mes supérieurs.
Gas attendant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCNovember 19, 2015
Generally a fun place to work A typical day would be serving the customers, do stocking, making sure you have fresh coffee, coffee and Slurpee center area is cleaned and work on till. I learned a lot from doing the same thing everyday the most I enjoyed about my day was seeing customers everyday. I had some interaction with my co-workers but not much. The hardest part of my day was if an emergency came up I was the only one there to deal with it.
Pros
Love interacting with the customers
Cons
you can be by your self all day with no breaks
free reign but not enough hours
Floor Steward (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 13, 2015
as a floor steward I was given a fair run of an office building after hours, which was exciting and fun, pay was wonderful but unfortunately, hours were few and far between making it hard to stay on.
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 12, 2015
Great place to work co-worker are great .Working through the years gain more experienced everyday.A lot of new equipment to learn and challenge on every day job.
Pros
Staying in camp more free time after work.
Cons
Don't mind long hour
large environmental job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2015
It is really easy and fun job, specially when it comes to an customer service. The advantage is you get to see all kind of people everyday and by talking to them gaining experience and a good relationship through them.
Pros
No lunch unless you bring your own
Cons
Maximum 8 hours shift
great starter place to learn the ropes of work place.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 6, 2015
Place to work for must be team oriented as well as organized to result in a successful team. seasonal work and has low season to save up for but when busy it has its own rewards. I liked the variety of trades involvements to learn from.
Fun but not very fine due to night timing job
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 3, 2015
Cashiering
Checking inventory of goods sold and remains.
Maintaining good services to customers.
Maintaining good customer service
Pros
Free Health Benefits
Cons
Night Shift timings
Fast paced retail environment
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCOctober 26, 2015
Typical work day at shell revolves around making sure guests receive exceptional customer service while the team exceeds the sale and promotions targets.
Great place to work with a fun, safe environment
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McKay, ABOctober 23, 2015
Great place to work with amazing people. Management was very supportive in bettering ones self. There can be some days where nothing goes the way you think it should, and other days where it felt like everything was going just as you imagined. The most enjoyable part of my job was working alongside my coworker i worked with everyday, created a great relationship il always have and learned a lot from him.
Store Supervisor
BRANCH SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 21, 2015
Working for Shell has been an experience. Try it out if you'd like, I don't plan on returning, ever. Remember that you'll be working with a private contractor.
A great multinational company.
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB, CanadaOctober 15, 2015
Good for opportunities to learn and advance a profession.
Big investment projects underway that benefit the company and society at large.
Operates with a world class safety culture.
Pros
Good opportunity to advance career, with descent pay and benefits.
Cons
Culture based on grading system, that rewards more to visible individuals than performance.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2015
PLEASE WORK IN THIS COMAPNAY TO KNOW HOW TO DO MULTIPLE JOBS IN ONE TINE.LEARN HOE TO MANAGE TIME AND JOB.SOME TIME IT IS DIFFICULT TO HANDLE BEC AUSE OF NUMBER OF CLIENTS.
Shell is a great company to work with.
Process Analyst - Albian (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 10, 2015
Shell is a great company and it values your contribution to the company. The benefit is great and schedules is fantastics it has work life balance.
interactive workplace which enhances your communication skills
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2015
it is one the best gas retail companies with high standards of customer dealings. encourages individual to be self dependent and induces an art of troubleshooting within the person
Senior Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 4, 2015
Management philosophy and mode creates room for high suspicion among workers with sporadic staff changes. Employees generally have little trust in the system.
Its a job
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 27, 2015
It was a lot better then working at fast food. No room for advancement, you still have to deal with irate customers. But it wasn't really all that bad. I worked with some nice people, my regular customers were all nice people, my boss was a good hard working man and wife, both were very accepting when I made the decision to move and couldn't complete my last 5 days of work.
Pros
Cons
Customers irate for no reason 90% of the time
Busy work place but fun and versatile
Bilingual Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 24, 2015
Great company to work for with the ability to transfer departments within the entire company. Working in the retail department lets you be very hands on with gas station owners, customers and other office staff. Open work space so you can always interact but still have the privacy needed when dealing with customer and staff. There is definitely red tape as it is a very big oil and gas company but always had a great time at work, It never felt like work as we had a fantastic group of co-workers
Pros
Loved the interaction with customers
Cons
couple months out of the year it was a lot of overtime for contract time.
Great Company
Continuous Improvement Lead, Global (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 23, 2015
Amazing workplace. Professional and friendly employees. Safety focused above all else. I was proud to work for this company and appreciated all the experience I gained there.
oil & gas
Head of Projects Services (Former Employee) –  egyptSeptember 16, 2015
performance management of the Operations Performance Unit
Developing and maintaining clear metrics for the operations teams supported
Budgeting & Financial analysis