Shell Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working with other people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON14 December 2016
What I enjoyed the most about Shell is the customers. I served people in regards to gas purchases, lottery numbers, tobacco purchases, checking IDs and so on.
Pros
Got to work with the widest variety of people
Cons
Inflexible hours
internship for school
Administration and Project Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2016
No pay for an internship, which is expected. Great learning experience for schooling. I got all the information i needed each day and left feeling accomplished.
Pros
school credit
Cons
very part time and seasona
productive and enjoy to my work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, AB12 October 2016
ive learned from my work is how to deal with other people and how to handle a different situation and diffirend kind of attitude of people,to my co worker we work as a family and team were cooperating with each other the enjoyable part of my job is to give good service to the customer.
A great multinational company.
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB, Canada15 October 2015
Good for opportunities to learn and advance a profession.
Big investment projects underway that benefit the company and society at large.
Operates with a world class safety culture.
Pros
Good opportunity to advance career, with descent pay and benefits.
Cons
Culture based on grading system, that rewards more to visible individuals than performance.
Love to work in customer field
Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 February 2017
I love to work in piece environment. Like to deal with customers. Always enjoying my work, never leave work pending. I have a good communication and organizing skills.
Fun workplace with good lunch rooms and all available vendor machines ,stoves etc.
Heavy Equipment technician (Former Employee) –  Albian sands fort mcmurray24 July 2015
This is one of the best company`s too work for with good wages and benefits for individuals.The workplace is very relaxed but very safety concerned.Decent amount of politics on the floor but expected.excellent upper class management [workshop manager] otherwise not everyone has the same opinion and experience of this great company
Pros
everything is in place
Cons
Table tennis and gym (feels like always active)
Safety Watch (Former Employee) –  Canada22 February 2017
Challenge and different task jobs develop interest.
Appreciation build personality.
Security give long term planing...
Safety Days
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 November 2016
Shell is the largest employeer in the world. Their committment to safety is amazing. Yearly a Safety Day was held for all employees - you actually learn something new each year.
Pros
Communications flowed freely
Cons
Long days
productivity
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 February 2017
offering products and services to customers, providing exceptional customer service and maintaining a clean environment
Shell
Site manager and Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ontario4 January 2017
Great company. Learned a lot.
Great place to work. Friendly environment. Great Co-Workers,supervisors and managers.
Fast paced , inetense
Document Control lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB23 August 2016
Great place to work if you like to be on your toes. Challenged daily to meet goals. Fabulous co worked and management. A great day to day environment. Great team to work with.
good
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  Calgary4 August 2016
Shell is good company and it takes care of their employees but due to recent lower oil prices shell decided to to outsource IT.
Pros
allowed to work from home
Cons
Work life balance is good
BSA (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 May 2016
For contractors, life is rather easy, employees help all the time, very good workplace. Normal pressure for delivery of projects but the management understands the risks and appreciates good work.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Good place. Well organised.
Sr. Process Engineer, Projects & Technology (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2016
Great place to work. Many friendly and nice people to interact with. Learned a great deal about workplace safety. A great opportunity to meet other people from various places around the world.
Pros
Good work culture.
Cons
IT leaves much to be desired.
Great Place to work however...
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB5 October 2016
You work with a variety of different customers, as it goes with personal security, I did have to contact Authorities on a number of occasions. I learned that i'm able to work in conditions alone @ busy times.
Challenging work place, but satisfying and rewarding
Field Operations Planner (Current Employee) –  Shell Waterton Complex31 August 2014
Work begins early with reviewing previous day and night activities, participating in morning safety and information meeting. Organizing the days scheduled activities and adjusting according to unexpected and reactive activities. I have learned to work quickly and efficiently with others in a team environment to meet HSE and business goals. I work well with my coworkers and we communicate well with each other. Management places a large amount of trust and responsibility on certain individuals which creates confidence and maturity. The Hardest part of the job is performing a large number of tasks while keeping things organized and safe for everyone. Being busy and being able to help in a timely manner when called upon.
Pros
Excellent medical, retirement benefits
Cons
The expectation of doing more with less
Good job starting out.
Site Safety Leader (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 November 2016
The job was great for starting out and building up some experience on the resume, however it is deffenatly not a long term position.
Good but could use work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Westlock, AB20 September 2016
One of the employees while i was working there would normally be late on an everyday occurance. He would show up with drugs in his pocket or have just done them which made him very irritable to work with.
Pros
Enjoyed the customers
Cons
employees
Nice company with pleasent atmosphire to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Qatar27 September 2016
My company provide me training in various fields I come and learn what is safety and how it is important in everyone life. Apart from Safety requirement I learn first aid and Fire warden training.
Engineers looking after Engineers regardless of skill set, knowledge
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Scotford, Fort Saskatchewan8 May 2014
Used to be a great company to work for with great team work and morale. HSSE is out the window, now being managed by engineers who have no knowledge, experience or understanding of what it takes to deliver a culture of safety. Cost cutting everywhere but HSSE was a big hit. Combined Refinery, Chemicals and Upgrader HSSE which was needed but eliminated 7 full time positions to do it, retained people that there were no positions for because they're engineers, brought in contract workers to replace the full time positions. Department now run by mostly engineers, yes men/women, that have no clue how to manage teams. Basically turned a high performing team with a great culture and collaborative approach into a joke. No accountability for senior managers!
Pros
None anymore
Cons
Poor ethics, values, morals, work overload, low pay, mediocre benefits, unrealistic expectations