Shell Employee Reviews

Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2017
Excellent company, really values it's people. Hires great people and promotes work life balance, safety and environmental responsibility.
Excellent, flexible employer
Senior Turnaround Planner (Current Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB9 January 2017
fantastic safety culture, great team atmosphere and very supportive management team. Overall, a wonderful experience.
Exposure to work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON1 August 2016
This job gave me exposure to work environment.Moreover i got equipped with good communication skills with job. The management was really good. The hardest part of the job was long hours which indeed helped me with my ability to work more and on weekends also
Excellent employer
Supply Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
A typical day was busy but we were given a lot of flexibility to do our jobs. We also had a lot of support to do our jobs well should we feel we needed help. There was also a very good career management feedback and support.
A day at Woodland Park Shell
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC12 November 2016
A typical day starts with emptying garbage bins, making coffee for the customers and making sure supplies at the pump are sufficiently stocked. Through out the day handling money transactions, helping customers and stocking shelves is the better part of the duties. At the end of the day inventory has to be made, the store floor must be mopped, the bathroom cleaned and the pumps wiped down to be ready for the next day.
productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Balzac, AB24 February 2016
its a fun place to work ,management is good ,but the only thing is this that the salary is very low, the most enjoyable part of the job is that you come across different kind of customers all day
Coworkers are all good
Cons
longhours
Challenge
Shell (Former Employee) –  Alberta30 January 2017
Great company to work for in regards to people, company incentives, and opportunities to learn so much. My resume was easily enhanced from all the opportunities available to take advantage of. We were challenged constantly to be innovative and present efficient ways to improve on our services. I enjoyed the constant challenge.
Productive Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 June 2016
On a typical day at work, I start off with counting my cigarettes and my lotto counts then get in my routine on what needs to be done around the store stocking, merchandising, mopping tidying the store.

Everyday i'm always learning new things and making it easier for me to do my work and making it better for me in the long run. My management is great very outgoing person very easy to get along with no hassle.

I love the co-workers i work with which the only time we see them is when were doing shift change which is only 10-15 minutes. Overall the staff that's there is great people. working alone would be maybe the hardest sometimes i would say because there is sometimes in an 8 hour shift you cant get much stuff that you would like to get done but you try your best at what you can do.

Overall I Come into my job knowning on what i'm going to get into which is great staff, great management and always having fun in the workplace.
believe in myself.
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thompson, MB29 September 2016
I have learn administration .I have learn read the faces and try to understand the people and perform my duties according to the demands .My always priorities to make my own customers and make them comfortable that they can come in my store with ease and create a good environment . When ever i just give training to a new employee i ask them be frank to the customers that they feel ease and enjoy your customer serves because it also help you a lot while dealing with them.
very good
Gas Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 January 2017
very lovely place to work the management was very understanding and caring fo your well being they provided a very fun working enviroment
fun working meeting new people everyday.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 November 2016
I have learnt a lot from this job. Management is really good and helpful. Usually i have to stand at the counter for payments or serve people on full-serve station.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
no breaks
It's a pretty fun environment at my work place. We all get along and try out best to help each other as best we can, which I think is super important
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Westlock, AB24 October 2016
I have a lot of fun working at shell. It's super friendly and pretty well paced. People love the gas and service that we provide to them and they always come back. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to start practicing in the retail world.
Pros
You get lots of hours
Cons
It gets boring sometimes
Productive and fun workplace
ADMIN ASSISNTANT/JUNIOR COMMERCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2016
Great company overall; downside is the fact that the oil and gas prices are not in its favour at the moment. Employees are scared and worries for their jobs and there's nothing really the company can do for it doesn't control the unstable market.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
Job Insecurity
easy work with customer service
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON12 January 2017
the job was very simple but had little to no support from the manager when dealing with unruly customers. i loved the job for the customer service but building was poorly maintained and not easy to deal with.
Pros
full 8 hours shifts, well organised company.
Cons
poorly cared for, over bearing store owner
A great place to work
Project Coordinator & Snr. Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2016
A company that provides you training both on the job and otherwise, to enable you do your work for mutual benefit. You are given the freedom to apply your knowledge and encouraged to seek help from peers and colleagues when you have difficulty.
Lowest wages, high humiliation, no job security, no benefits
Sales assisstant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON, Canada2 September 2015
I've been working with Shell for two years. The salary never rises and you don't get any benefits. I have been given one uniform shirt and its shrinking on me each time I wash it. No care or concern is shown towards the employees. NO hand sanitizers installed. Retailers save pennies and compromise on every single thing that is related with safety. No scope to progress further no matter how hard you work. Being a female worker, I have rendered all kinds of work including shoveling in heavy snow. The hardest part of the job is to shovel and lot pick particularly when its extremely cold. They should hire the services who do this for their properties. at that amount of salary, its the most terrible job that we are told to do. No progress expected at this job but helps one keep financially viable. I also do the office work and I never mind cleaning toilets or shoveling or lot picking but at least they should give us a slight raise.
Pros
Cons
No Breaks at all. No Free Lunches, No benefits
Improvement as a person as-well-as Employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 November 2016
Good working environment
Co-workers were helpful
Most enjoyable part was greeting customers and talking with them
I learned how to be responsible and co-operative by working here
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Nothing Free
Senior HSSE Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2016
- Coaching and mentoring role daily.
- Great management support.
- Great people to work with.
- Very large area to cover lots of driving
- Learning new things daily.
Pros
14 days on by 14 days off rotation
Cons
Being away from my family.
Enjoyed resolving a variety of technical challenges through Root Cause Analysis with Reliability Engineers.
Instrument and Valve Reliability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 September 2016
A great company to work for. I was given the required training and support to allow me to help resolve issues concerning plant equipment failures outside my normal trade skills. Facilitated Root Cause Analysis sessions for many incidents including major power distribution failures and a D11 Cat track failure.
Great Experience
Quality Measurement Instrument Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 November 2016
I had a pleasure to work with a great team and was exceptionally please with getting exposed to challenging but rewarding experience not only in operation but also in reliability and technology.
Pros
Great team to work for
Cons
Someone stress full at times.