Shell Employee Reviews

Going Downhill
Chemical Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB8 January 2018
Was a great place to work in the past. Salary and benefits are still good. Toxic corporate culture has taken hold though. No one wants to tell their manager when something isn't working so the systems remain broken.
Shell gas sation
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pemberton, BC6 January 2018
I am a strong work and work hard and always put my customers first and always did my task that was give to me l got along good with my coworkers and boss but l did not get along with the owner of the gas station he did not know how to treat his staff with respect
Cons
I work grave yard shifts
See comments below
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2018
Work/life balance is good. Some employees take advantage. Morale needs to be brought up. Employees going through job postings continually does not help the morale.
productive and friendly enviroment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2018
This job helped me to grow as a professionally and personally as well.i enjoyed working in a team ,that helped me to build up confidence and number of technical skills.in starting phase of my job, my team helped me lot where i was lacking
Pros
paid break, health beanifit
Cons
not flexible hours
Overall great organization but Not agile
Lead Rotating Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  STCC Calgary NW17 December 2017
Shell is overall a great organization to work for with lots of work and life balance. One can chose to work from office or home with a reasonable mix . Shell however is not agile and any change take unreasonably long.
Too many sections with lots pf overlap.
Engineers working in Silos/Compartments
Very rigid hierarchy
Long hours with out a break.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oak Bay, BC15 December 2017
The job was standing at the cash register and helping customers. I learned the ability to work for 8 hours without a break. The work place culture was unforgiving and not a very enjoyable place to be.
great place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 December 2017
it was a terrific place to work, it was flexible with hours. and they trained you well and always had someone there for you if you needed help with questions
Project Controls Specialist
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2017
Amazing company to work for. Lots of growth opportunities. Really invest in their people. Experience like no other and allow you to grow in multiple positions.
Good staff, bad managing.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC24 November 2017
The boss was HORRIBLE with communication. Wouldn't have schedules ready until just before the two week period was up. Then she would do changes drastically: I worked 4-6 shifts a week during the afternoons and I got cut back to working 2 days a week in the mornings. So doing 2-10pm 4-6 times a week to changing 6am-2pm 2 days a week ON WEEKENDS killed me.
Pros
Free coffee and slushies. Great coworkers. Lovely Customers
Cons
Long hours. Horrible Customers. Not good training.
not very good
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB24 November 2017
Worked at a shell gas station about 15 minutes north of lloydminster and the job was awful. Awful hours, and not very organized pay process. Made minimum wage which was 9.55 at the time
a great company to work for
Project Development Enginee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2017
I have worked for Shell over 7 years and enjoyed lots. Shell is very structured company and people will know exactly what are expected from them. You will be trained to follow the system with no exception.
Pros
good salary, very good balance between life and work, flexible working style
Cons
long decision process, very unstable due to oil price
Gain Experience
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2017
I gain experience how to communicate and deal with customer
How to manage time and solve problems
Its little bit hard job.
i learn management skills too.
It was good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2017
Honor,manager and co-workers are like family. friendly environment. I worked here approximate 1 year. Need to look after sites, It is a kind of multitasking job and learned to speed up in rush hours.
Working in the foothills of Alberta
Plant Shutdown Materials Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Caroline Alberta18 November 2017
An enjoyable place to work with many people highly skilled at their positions. Facilities were very nice and modern and were very well kept up. Very nice setting to work in.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Travel time
Parttime Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES (FULL-TIME) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2017
Even tho it was a part time job working at a gas station for shell. If you have the right management to work with you enjoy your work a lot. This is the case that I had and I enjoyed by time while working there and never had any issues at all.
Pros
Free Car washes
Cons
No Cons
Manager
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 November 2017
Handle customer complains all the times and when you are able to solve it and makes them happy was the hardest part. Working as a team was the most enjoyable part of the job.
a good team work envirionment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 November 2017
great management with a good group of employees . I learned cash management skills. i enjoy the people that visit the store . great environment to work in . a typical day at work is when we have a lunch rush at work it makes a busy day go by faster.
Loved working there
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB9 November 2017
Very fast paced job, always lots to do, had a great time working there, as time went so quickly from all the tasks. Would go back if the opportunity came back.
Experience at Esso
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 November 2017
Really nice company, just wanted to do more than this. I only left to find a job that was higher paying and geared for long term. Otherwise, good company to work for - for someone young starting out.
Global company with strong interest in the best people
Process and Data Integration Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2017
Shell trained me during my career, offered lots of opportunities and valued Diversity & Inclusion. Like a lot of Oil & Gas companies, cost management caused the company to offshore as much as possible to reduce costs and concentrate their efforts on areas with long term potential.
Pros
great oportunities
Cons
limited opportunities in Canada