Shell

Shell Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great employer Room for Growth.
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: room for growth and development.
Cons: centralized in calgary
Great employer with room for advancement.
Shell is a large company where you are able to develop your skills and work towards advancement. .
Fun Work Place
PEI Inspector (Current Employee), Scotford, AlbertaFebruary 17, 2014
it is a big company,
has good practices
co workers are great
------------------
-----------------
-----------------------
What a great company to work for.
Item Master Analyst-Contracting and Procurement (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: people
By far the best company and i was so sad leaving here. The people and work were fantastic. I would go back in a heartbeat if something was available.
Manager (Former Employee), Salvador, SKFebruary 12, 2014
Cons: long hours
Nice experience because show how to work well under pressure
Shell in a nutshell
Shell Trading and Operatins Trainee (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits!
Cons: big corporation
Great company to work for! I enjoyed the extra lunch and learns which were very educational and essential to my career growth. I especially love the yearly IDP and IPF's as they are a fantastic opportunity to further yourself.
Wonderul place to work, highly desirable work enviroment
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee), CanadaJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: free to talk and discuss problems with superiors
Cons: no extra pressure other than scope of work
Shell is an organization where people love to work everyday, the environment is friendly and supportive. Personal is Shell are trained to help colleague and coworkers. The system in Shell is designed that each person fully understand the responsibilities.
Its wa a great and fun people to work there
Sales rep (Former Employee), 354 dundas street eastDecember 16, 2013
I am going to miss working there. Whish they had enough hours to offer
Happy
Cashier (Former Employee), White Rock, BCDecember 3, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: i worked to cover other people shifts and some work for my own self to make better money, though there is no over time deal for me as well.
I loved my job because i knew what i was doing and on the top of that it matched with my nature to provide outstanding customer service.I got a lot love and respect from my company. But only they dont have any benfits, coverage with minimum pay.
Big company but good to work for.
Team Lead, Contracts and Procurement (Former Employee), Fort MacNovember 26, 2013
I never worked for them very long as it was only a 6 month contract and I had another job waiting for me.
if issue happens at field
Completion and Well Intervention Engineer (Current Employee), SiChuan,ChinaNovember 23, 2013
A call directly from field supervisor will ring up my phones. Then a detailed discussion about the issue will be through the phone. As a completion engineer, I will be the focal point of finding the solutions for the issue including engineering support, operations support and internal/external communications.
Great company to work for
Operation Readiness Management Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 22, 2013
Pros: free cofee
Always very challenging and rewarding. Very supportive management and many opportunities for growth.
Albian is the worst place to work in the Oil Sands
Safety Advisor (Current Employee), Albian Sands, Ft. McMurray AlbertaNovember 2, 2013
Pros: ok pay, albian camp not bad
Cons: no safety culture
I've worked on pretty much every oil sands site in Alberta and Albian is the worst. There is no safety culture and the systems they do have in place, are contradictory, aren't enforced and ignored. Production and deadlines are more important than safety. They have no New-to-Site worker plan, no BBS system, and no effective leadership in safety from – more... upper management. – less

SteveB – December 12, 2013

Albian used to be a great place until the current management and all his good ol' boys from Texas took over. They're intentionally making it a terrible place to work if you're from out of town or a contractor in the hopes you quit and they can replace you with a cheaper local. As a result they're losing good people with years of experience and replacing them with green hands that know nothing. There will be a major accident there in the very near future. Just wait.

Enjoyed every bit of work during the three years perid of project life
Lead Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2013
Pros: meeting the project schedules
Cons: extended days of work.
Review of various works, visit at vendors' shops in Canada, US and Europe, attend various meetings and prepare for various presentations.

I was lucky to have the full co-operation of all my engineers and project director.

I was rated very high in the project with high appreciation letters.
GREATTTTTTTTTTT
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothng
FABULOUS GROUP OF PEOPLE AMAZING HARD WORKING. DEDICATED EMPLOYEES GREAT WORKSMANSHIP
Exciting, challenging and diverse
Turn-around Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABOctober 6, 2013
Pros: gift cards
Cons: long hours
The day would begin with a safety meeting which the lead or manager would discuss while involving other team members of safety hazards usually in and around the workplace but sometimes around the home as well. Then a discussion on how the previous days tasks went and what the plan is for today. Everyone would then assume their positions and I would – more... oversee the shipping, deliveries, front counter, and receiving of material for Turn-Arounds. The hardest part of the job was learning to adapt to different peoples learning speeds and types. I realized that it took some extra effort but if you put in the time to realize their strengths and weaknesses you could utalize anyone for a more efficient work place. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with other people to acheive a common goal. – less
Shell Canada - Calgary, AB
Practicum Student - Oil and Gas Industry (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 5, 2013
Learned about Oil and Gas Industry work . Filing , auditing and etc.
Volunteer experience
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: time management, accounts blancing, presentation
I did volunteer work at Shell Canada. I went there from school as a job shadow employer. Working with them was really fun and enjoyable. I learned how to behave in corporate place also time management.
Interesting place to work
Maintenance Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABSeptember 16, 2013
Cons: poor management
If they had a proper management skill running the Maintenance Department. That place would be awesome to work for.
Shell Canada was an amazing work environment to learn and grow within the Oil & Gas Industry.
Junior Land Analyst/Third Party Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: constant learning
Cons: hard to progress within the company.
As a practicum student beginning my journey I was very fortunate to be mentored by several Mineral & Surface Land Analysts with a well of knowledge. I worked on several projects to completion sharpening my understanding of land and contracts and my role as a Land Administrator, thus becoming a Third Party Land Analyst. I am driven by communication and – more... diversity in a dynamic environment that delivers professional and innovative services while mitigating risk thru the life cycle of Surface Land Assets. – less
Tailings and Infrastructure
I & C TECHNICAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Albian SandsSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: poor managing
The pay was excellent but the job itself was very disorganized. It started out looking like the best job I could have and turned into a flop. The people I worked with were awesome but management just couldn't put it together. There were 4 or maybe 5 different bosses flying in and out all week and we never seemed to have a true direction as to what we – more... were doing. Payday seemed to be the only exciting thing about this job Too bad it turned out that way. – less

About Shell

Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, – Read more