Shell

Shell Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
safe place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Stratford, ONJune 1, 2014
Good experience, you learn a lot about movies, cigarettes, and lottery tickets.
Builds relationships that contribute to the company's sucess
Principal Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee), Fort McmurrayMay 12, 2014
Pros: actively engages in meaningful discussion about safety with co-workers and clients.
* Understands BeyonZero principles and adhere to safe work practices and standards.

* Keeps commitments and complete work by established deadlines for Project Control functions.

* Produces quality work that meets expections and demondtrates my current job-related fucntional skills and knowledge to update benchmark matrices in accordance with " Industry – more... best" performance and as a tool for continuous improvement in future project executions.

* To Maintain teamwork , for a solution- oriented approach while working with others, even under strained conditions.

*Most Enjoyable part of the Job - HSE Leadership – less
Engineers looking after Engineers regardless of skill set, knowledge
Former employee (Former Employee), Scotford, Fort SaskatchewanMay 8, 2014
Pros: none anymore
Cons: poor ethics, values, morals, work overload, low pay, mediocre benefits, unrealistic expectations
Used to be a great company to work for with great team work and morale. HSSE is out the window, now being managed by engineers who have no knowledge, experience or understanding of what it takes to deliver a culture of safety. Cost cutting everywhere but HSSE was a big hit. Combined Refinery, Chemicals and Upgrader HSSE which was needed but eliminated – more... 7 full time positions to do it, retained people that there were no positions for because they're engineers, brought in contract workers to replace the full time positions. Department now run by mostly engineers, yes men/women, that have no clue how to manage teams. Basically turned a high performing team with a great culture and collaborative approach into a joke. No accountability for senior managers! – less
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Maccallum roadMay 5, 2014
A typical schedule at work includes greeting the customer, achieve upsales target, explaining customer what they are asking etc.
Enjoyable
Customer Services Team Leader (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 4, 2014
Pros: easy going culture
Cons: no breaks
typically dealing with customers who either wanted goods or gas. I learned alot about counting inventory, accounting, and dealing with unsatisfied customers. management treated employees pretty fairly. never had co-workers, mostly worked by my self. hardest part was during rush hour, dealing with an excessive amount of customers. Most enjoyable part – more... was being able to help out a customer. – less
Layoffs, staff quitting, company very disorganized
Upstream America (Former Employee), CanadaApril 27, 2014
Pros: company benefits
Cons: unstable company
Shell has a "third party" hired to help turn the company around. Management has no clue what they are doing, no communication, staff members overloaded with work, and no moral anymore.
relaxing job
sales associate (Former Employee), kennedy rd, and passmore aveApril 25, 2014
Cons: long hours.
there are no major stress factors, because mainly the work that is being done is cashier job. and it is just handling money, and depositing money in the safe, and making sure that you are safe, as well as the store is safe.
challenging
Manager/Retailer (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 28, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: far location
Being the retailer at Macs is a challenge.Its like running multiple businesses in one entity .A typical day would start by signing in to the lottery terminal ,prepare scratch tickets ,greet the morning customers who most times enter the store with me to get the newspaper,to make sure the milk order is in ,check the expiry date on the deli and sandwiches – more... to prepare the morning coffee and making sure all is ready for my customers in the shortest time.
I worked as an attendant ,and when my helper comes I shift to the manager duties in my little back office ,reporting the sales and all financial reports to the head office meeting the deadline in a timely manner .The hardest thing I faced there is long hours as sometimes I had to run a one person show and work for 16 hours .The only disadvantage of this business was the location being far from where I live ,not because of commuting to work but because of the difficulties to get there during extreme weather conditions as there was remote areas with no lights .I still find it a joy there because not only I made loyal customers ,they became my friends and I became a part of their community . – less
alright
Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 18, 2014
great place to work. not bad people. but it was always raining
Looking for a career that has more room for advancement, and better pay.
Sales Associate / Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Montomery Shell #1 highway- Transcanada ShellMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: having to wake up early, and be at work for 6am
A typical day at work would be to arrive 15 minutes early and open the store, and start on daily routine such as making several pots of coffee throughout the day, counting till, unlocking smoke cabinets, and outside windshield washer cabinets, filling up washer fluids outside for customer use, and for customers to buy, put squigees in buckets, refill – more... coffee cups, lids, napkins, stocking shelves, smokes, pop, chocolates, candy, writing down what needs to be ordered , counting smokes , cigars, snuff at end of shift, counting till, and doing end of day paper work.

I didn't really learn too much at this job, it was all straight forward things ive done before when I worked at 7eleven.

management was hardley around. they just came to do paper work from previous day , and pull out the smoke cartons I needed to fill shelves in front.

I usually didn't work with any other co-workers, except when I was training new employees who were going to work on the weekends, or evening shift.

The hardest part of my job would be when it gets really busy, and theres a line up, and I have to use the bathroom, and there is no other co-worker to help me manage the till at the time.

The part I enjoyed the most about this job, was meeting new people , making small talk, and socalizing with the regular customers.
I also enjoyed making a lists of things to do for the day and setting goals for myself, and rushing to get everything done before my shift was over. – less
too busy and no perks
Attendant (Current Employee), Alliston, ONMarch 7, 2014
single attendant on day shift
maintaining the station solo
maintaining cleanliness
interacting with customers
Productive work place with excellent management
Site Safety Leader (Former Employee), WaterlooFebruary 28, 2014
A typical day at work includes greeting customers, informing them about their transaction amount, up-selling the weekly deals, and answering general inquiries.The people who work at Shell are very reliable, enthusiastic and out-going so working with them was a pleasure.
I learnt a great deal about customer service, especially how to interact with a – more... wide variety of personalities. I also gained knowledge of cash handling, managing accounts and assisting with the day-to-day store operations. Apart from that, I trained four new employees during my time with Shell.
Although there were days when technical difficulties made working a hassle, overall my time at Shell was a great learning experience! – less
Good
Senior process Operator (Current Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABFebruary 26, 2014
Good place to work. Royal Dutch Shell is a very Global oriented company. Scotford has a lot of great people to work with.
Trainee
Customer Service Representative (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
First place ever got trained in all the quality control and production areas of the pharmaceutical industry as a trainee
Great employer Room for Growth.
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: room for growth and development.
Cons: centralized in calgary
Great employer with room for advancement.
Shell is a large company where you are able to develop your skills and work towards advancement. .
Fun Work Place
PEI Inspector (Current Employee), Scotford, AlbertaFebruary 17, 2014
it is a big company,
has good practices
co workers are great
------------------
-----------------
-----------------------
What a great company to work for.
Item Master Analyst-Contracting and Procurement (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: people
By far the best company and i was so sad leaving here. The people and work were fantastic. I would go back in a heartbeat if something was available.
Manager (Former Employee), Salvador, SKFebruary 12, 2014
Cons: long hours
Nice experience because show how to work well under pressure
Shell in a nutshell
Shell Trading and Operatins Trainee (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits!
Cons: big corporation
Great company to work for! I enjoyed the extra lunch and learns which were very educational and essential to my career growth. I especially love the yearly IDP and IPF's as they are a fantastic opportunity to further yourself.
Wonderul place to work, highly desirable work enviroment
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee), CanadaJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: free to talk and discuss problems with superiors
Cons: no extra pressure other than scope of work
Shell is an organization where people love to work everyday, the environment is friendly and supportive. Personal is Shell are trained to help colleague and coworkers. The system in Shell is designed that each person fully understand the responsibilities.

About Shell

Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, – Read more