Shell Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Quality Measurement Instrument Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 November 2016
I had a pleasure to work with a great team and was exceptionally please with getting exposed to challenging but rewarding experience not only in operation but also in reliability and technology.
Pros
Great team to work for
Cons
Someone stress full at times.
I enjoyed working with other people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON14 December 2016
What I enjoyed the most about Shell is the customers. I served people in regards to gas purchases, lottery numbers, tobacco purchases, checking IDs and so on.
Pros
Got to work with the widest variety of people
Cons
Inflexible hours
A great place to work
Project Coordinator & Snr. Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2016
A company that provides you training both on the job and otherwise, to enable you do your work for mutual benefit. You are given the freedom to apply your knowledge and encouraged to seek help from peers and colleagues when you have difficulty.
Improvement as a person as-well-as Employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 November 2016
Good working environment
Co-workers were helpful
Most enjoyable part was greeting customers and talking with them
I learned how to be responsible and co-operative by working here
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Nothing Free
internship for school
Administration and Project Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2016
No pay for an internship, which is expected. Great learning experience for schooling. I got all the information i needed each day and left feeling accomplished.
Pros
school credit
Cons
very part time and seasona
Excellent people to work with, environmentally responsible
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB14 September 2016
A very socially/environmentally responsible company that tries to maintain a safe working environment and a good work life balance. The employees are the best asset that they have. It was an easy place to go in to work every day.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
current path of management
all team are fun to work with.
service attendant (Former Employee) –  airdrie canada5 January 2017
i had fun to work with them,to the superior up to the crews,they all cooperative and kind and there no problem to get a work schedule that fits on you and all the benifits are you surely will get it
OK for a student
Petrol Attendant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 February 2017
Typical gas station job, minimum wage, part time hours. Pumping gas, cleaning up the shop, selling snacks and the like. OK for a student, but not for someone who has a family to support.
Love to work in customer field
Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 February 2017
I love to work in piece environment. Like to deal with customers. Always enjoying my work, never leave work pending. I have a good communication and organizing skills.
Fun and supportive management made work feel like home
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2017
I worked my way up by staying employed at shell for 6 years. I gained great customer service and cash handling experience. I learned how to sell items and how to make small talk with customers. I am very confident in my customer service abilities due to my experiences with shell. Day to day life at shell was fun due to my open minded and caring manager. The whole shell team was super friendly and helpful. I never once felt like I hated my job and I would definitely recommend university students to take up a job at a gas station. They were very understanding about school priorities and exams. The hardest part of the job was definitely delivery day. Deliveries were always done during the day so we were required to juggle customers and put away inventory properly. The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections with the customers and seeing an increase in the number of customers that made our gas station a part of their daily coffee routine.
Pros
Free slurpees on really long hot summer days
Cons
Prolonged periods of standing
Safety Days
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 November 2016
Shell is the largest employeer in the world. Their committment to safety is amazing. Yearly a Safety Day was held for all employees - you actually learn something new each year.
Pros
Communications flowed freely
Cons
Long days
Productive and fun workplace
ADMIN ASSISNTANT/JUNIOR COMMERCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2016
Great company overall; downside is the fact that the oil and gas prices are not in its favour at the moment. Employees are scared and worries for their jobs and there's nothing really the company can do for it doesn't control the unstable market.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
Job Insecurity
Tailings planning Intern
Tailings Planning Division Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2016
Great impact on knowledge and exposure and supportive team to help through deadlines.
Always a good place to start your career from.
Good for a inclusion in all the fields connected.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
fun working meeting new people everyday.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 November 2016
I have learnt a lot from this job. Management is really good and helpful. Usually i have to stand at the counter for payments or serve people on full-serve station.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
no breaks
Table tennis and gym (feels like always active)
Safety Watch (Former Employee) –  Canada22 February 2017
Challenge and different task jobs develop interest.
Appreciation build personality.
Security give long term planing...
Administration
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, alberta24 November 2016
Very good place to work. Benefits and salary very competitive. Also included are flex days and a very good benefits package. I would recommend this company to others.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2017
Excellent company, really values it's people. Hires great people and promotes work life balance, safety and environmental responsibility.
productivity
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 February 2017
offering products and services to customers, providing exceptional customer service and maintaining a clean environment
Great Place to work however...
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB5 October 2016
You work with a variety of different customers, as it goes with personal security, I did have to contact Authorities on a number of occasions. I learned that i'm able to work in conditions alone @ busy times.
Excellent, flexible employer
Senior Turnaround Planner (Current Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB9 January 2017
fantastic safety culture, great team atmosphere and very supportive management team. Overall, a wonderful experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.