Shell Employee Reviews

A day at Woodland Park Shell
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC12 November 2016
A typical day starts with emptying garbage bins, making coffee for the customers and making sure supplies at the pump are sufficiently stocked. Through out the day handling money transactions, helping customers and stocking shelves is the better part of the duties. At the end of the day inventory has to be made, the store floor must be mopped, the bathroom cleaned and the pumps wiped down to be ready for the next day.
believe in myself.
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thompson, MB29 September 2016
I have learn administration .I have learn read the faces and try to understand the people and perform my duties according to the demands .My always priorities to make my own customers and make them comfortable that they can come in my store with ease and create a good environment . When ever i just give training to a new employee i ask them be frank to the customers that they feel ease and enjoy your customer serves because it also help you a lot while dealing with them.
Productive and fun workplace
ADMIN ASSISNTANT/JUNIOR COMMERCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2016
Great company overall; downside is the fact that the oil and gas prices are not in its favour at the moment. Employees are scared and worries for their jobs and there's nothing really the company can do for it doesn't control the unstable market.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
Job Insecurity
It's a pretty fun environment at my work place. We all get along and try out best to help each other as best we can, which I think is super important
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Westlock, AB24 October 2016
I have a lot of fun working at shell. It's super friendly and pretty well paced. People love the gas and service that we provide to them and they always come back. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to start practicing in the retail world.
Pros
You get lots of hours
Cons
It gets boring sometimes
fun working meeting new people everyday.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 November 2016
I have learnt a lot from this job. Management is really good and helpful. Usually i have to stand at the counter for payments or serve people on full-serve station.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
no breaks
Lowest wages, high humiliation, no job security, no benefits
Sales assisstant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON, Canada2 September 2015
I've been working with Shell for two years. The salary never rises and you don't get any benefits. I have been given one uniform shirt and its shrinking on me each time I wash it. No care or concern is shown towards the employees. NO hand sanitizers installed. Retailers save pennies and compromise on every single thing that is related with safety. No scope to progress further no matter how hard you work. Being a female worker, I have rendered all kinds of work including shoveling in heavy snow. The hardest part of the job is to shovel and lot pick particularly when its extremely cold. They should hire the services who do this for their properties. at that amount of salary, its the most terrible job that we are told to do. No progress expected at this job but helps one keep financially viable. I also do the office work and I never mind cleaning toilets or shoveling or lot picking but at least they should give us a slight raise.
Pros
Cons
No Breaks at all. No Free Lunches, No benefits
very good
Gas Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 January 2017
very lovely place to work the management was very understanding and caring fo your well being they provided a very fun working enviroment
A great place to work
Project Coordinator & Snr. Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2016
A company that provides you training both on the job and otherwise, to enable you do your work for mutual benefit. You are given the freedom to apply your knowledge and encouraged to seek help from peers and colleagues when you have difficulty.
Senior HSSE Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2016
- Coaching and mentoring role daily.
- Great management support.
- Great people to work with.
- Very large area to cover lots of driving
- Learning new things daily.
Pros
14 days on by 14 days off rotation
Cons
Being away from my family.
Enjoyed resolving a variety of technical challenges through Root Cause Analysis with Reliability Engineers.
Instrument and Valve Reliability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 September 2016
A great company to work for. I was given the required training and support to allow me to help resolve issues concerning plant equipment failures outside my normal trade skills. Facilitated Root Cause Analysis sessions for many incidents including major power distribution failures and a D11 Cat track failure.
Improvement as a person as-well-as Employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 November 2016
Good working environment
Co-workers were helpful
Most enjoyable part was greeting customers and talking with them
I learned how to be responsible and co-operative by working here
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Nothing Free
productive and enjoy to my work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, AB12 October 2016
ive learned from my work is how to deal with other people and how to handle a different situation and diffirend kind of attitude of people,to my co worker we work as a family and team were cooperating with each other the enjoyable part of my job is to give good service to the customer.
Great Experience
Quality Measurement Instrument Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 November 2016
I had a pleasure to work with a great team and was exceptionally please with getting exposed to challenging but rewarding experience not only in operation but also in reliability and technology.
Pros
Great team to work for
Cons
Someone stress full at times.
A great multinational company.
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB, Canada15 October 2015
Good for opportunities to learn and advance a profession.
Big investment projects underway that benefit the company and society at large.
Operates with a world class safety culture.
Pros
Good opportunity to advance career, with descent pay and benefits.
Cons
Culture based on grading system, that rewards more to visible individuals than performance.
I enjoyed working with other people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON14 December 2016
What I enjoyed the most about Shell is the customers. I served people in regards to gas purchases, lottery numbers, tobacco purchases, checking IDs and so on.
Pros
Got to work with the widest variety of people
Cons
Inflexible hours
internship for school
Administration and Project Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2016
No pay for an internship, which is expected. Great learning experience for schooling. I got all the information i needed each day and left feeling accomplished.
Pros
school credit
Cons
very part time and seasona
Fast paced , inetense
Document Control lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB23 August 2016
Great place to work if you like to be on your toes. Challenged daily to meet goals. Fabulous co worked and management. A great day to day environment. Great team to work with.
good
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  Calgary4 August 2016
Shell is good company and it takes care of their employees but due to recent lower oil prices shell decided to to outsource IT.
Pros
allowed to work from home
Cons
Work life balance is good
BSA (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 May 2016
For contractors, life is rather easy, employees help all the time, very good workplace. Normal pressure for delivery of projects but the management understands the risks and appreciates good work.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Fun workplace with good lunch rooms and all available vendor machines ,stoves etc.
Heavy Equipment technician (Former Employee) –  Albian sands fort mcmurray24 July 2015
This is one of the best company`s too work for with good wages and benefits for individuals.The workplace is very relaxed but very safety concerned.Decent amount of politics on the floor but expected.excellent upper class management [workshop manager] otherwise not everyone has the same opinion and experience of this great company
Pros
everything is in place