Shell Employee Reviews

Great place to work, not very secure
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft St John BC20 February 2017
Typical day , travelling to site, coach mentor, review JSA's collect data for coordinator, solve any safety related issues that arise. Pleasnat group of coworkers. Company committed to safety. they practise what they preach.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
no job security due to down turn
Love to work in customer field
Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 February 2017
I love to work in piece environment. Like to deal with customers. Always enjoying my work, never leave work pending. I have a good communication and organizing skills.
Good people and challenging professional opportunities
Petrophysical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 February 2017
The company has a culture of respect, diversity, and a focus on safety. In my personal opinion, the company is better at production than exploration. There is a general sense of constant reorganization . This tends to be a source of stress within the professional staff. On balance, it is a good work environment.
Shell is an Excellent Company to work with,
Integrated / Operations/ Turnaround Planning Lead (Current Employee) –  Neitherland14 February 2017
Shell is an Excellent Company to work with, however job security is not guaranteed.
Work/ life balance, Safety is given top priority, Excellent Salaries, stress less work,
Job security is not guaranteed. Once assignment/ contract completed, there's very less chance for its extension
Cons
Easy job with a fair pay and friendly coworkers
Gas Pump Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wembley, AB13 February 2017
It was a really easy job and even though I only worked weekends it paid well for just pumping gas. My boss was really easy going and friendly. It was easy to learn how everything operated and my coworkers were all easy going and friendly.
Pros
Free coffee, cool boss
Cons
Shell in Wembley shut down, was hoping to work there again.
Its a busy environment and a people environment.
Forecourt Attendant (Current Employee) –  On the forecourt9 February 2017
My main duties are cleaning and I clean the forecourt on a daily basis, I make sure the pumps are clean and dispense fuel correctly.

My training is annually and constantly changing due to the demands of a retail establishment.

We are a small team and local management tend to be fair, Shell management tend to be remote and critical.

The hardest part of the job is the weather, a forecourt is exposed to the elements and its difficult to concentrate when your body is in danger of hypothermia.

The most enjoyable part of the job, the customer relations and relationships.
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Exposed forecourt
productivity
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 February 2017
offering products and services to customers, providing exceptional customer service and maintaining a clean environment
its good job for learning
Gas Station Cashier/stoker (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB3 February 2017
i learn lot from this store its very very busy store n u learn multi tasking in this job n i manage whole store at night with single handed i do all work here like cashier, stoker, cleaning as well as doing back office paper work and also i m doing ordering and receiving stock and doing all paper work for store..
Very production orientated
Senior Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Shearwater3 February 2017
Shell are a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies employing an average 93,000 people across the world.

Shell have operated in the UK since 1897.
Pros
Good companyn to work for if you are carear orientated.
Cons
Work life balance very tipped to one side.
provided the better environment
Sell Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 February 2017
Working in those firm, it will help me to build up my skill
Learnt about such skills like technical, management and cash-flow too.
Overall environment and culture are very good to do work
Not at all that I noticed any harder part in that job
The most enjoyable part of that job to meet different customer and have a fun with them while showing them deals.
Challenge
Shell (Former Employee) –  Alberta30 January 2017
Great company to work for in regards to people, company incentives, and opportunities to learn so much. My resume was easily enhanced from all the opportunities available to take advantage of. We were challenged constantly to be innovative and present efficient ways to improve on our services. I enjoyed the constant challenge.
I enjoyed my job at shell,my boss was knowledgeable and veryhelpful. It was a friendly atmosphere.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB30 January 2017
Friendly staff,clean working station, wages were very competative,We had benefits,Staff all pulled together to get the duties done in a timely and accurate manner.It was pleasant to work there
customer services
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 January 2017
it was good job with great hours. And the manager was really good. Every day was different because deal with different customer so get to know more people.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2017
Excellent company, really values it's people. Hires great people and promotes work life balance, safety and environmental responsibility.
Fun job dealing with many different customers
Full Serve Attendant & Indoor Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON23 January 2017
It was a great job at times and a horrible job at other times. Some times there are customers that need help and are very gracious and then there are customers that are very rude and will not follow reason or rules.
good environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 January 2017
it was fun to work there.i like to work there. i working multi tasks but i wanna move to new place and wanna work more hours.
easy work with customer service
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON12 January 2017
the job was very simple but had little to no support from the manager when dealing with unruly customers. i loved the job for the customer service but building was poorly maintained and not easy to deal with.
Pros
full 8 hours shifts, well organised company.
Cons
poorly cared for, over bearing store owner
Shell gas station is good place for part time job while studying in the college
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
when we socialize with customers from different societies and cultures we gained lots of qualities, habbits, knowledge and skills. This experience helps us to improve our standards of life.
very good
Gas Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 January 2017
very lovely place to work the management was very understanding and caring fo your well being they provided a very fun working enviroment
Excellent, flexible employer
Senior Turnaround Planner (Current Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB9 January 2017
fantastic safety culture, great team atmosphere and very supportive management team. Overall, a wonderful experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval