Shell Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun place to work
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 29, 2016
Usually a fun place to work with great customers and great co workers. I learnt the value of team work. Can be stressful but most days were pretty good.
The great outdoors
customer service (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONApril 28, 2016
The best part about my time as Shell was being able to sit outside and enjoy the summer when we were not busy. Working the car wash allowed a lot of outdoor time as well.
Ample opportunity to learn and grow very team orientated
IM/BA Document/Data Information Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 26, 2016
Beginning each day with emails and it started from there. I learned something new almost everyday. Co-workers were great. I really enjoy my job but unfortunately the price of oil dictated the ending of my job on June 30 along with so many others. My skills enable me to be versatile.
Pros
Very people, safety and environmental aware.
Sucks
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONApril 25, 2016
After working at Shell for almost a year they still treated me as if I was a new worker, as if I knew nothing. They do not trust their employees.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, horrible owner, not enough staff ever
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 21, 2016
Had a great time while I was there.
Team lead and Maintenance Manager took a very good place to work into a not so good place to work.
Pros
Pays Well
Cons
Remote Location
Work
Application Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
Everyday was a new learning experience. Working with the geologists and other technical professions was always informative and rewarding.
Excellent Company
Business Development Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 13, 2016
My experience working for Shell has been great. As a global energy company Shell continually strives to lead in the field of sustainable development, for a better energy future. The work culture and respect is absolutely fantastic.
If you want to drive change and be part of the solution, Shell welcomes you with open arms and helps you create that space to defy conventional means of thinking and challenging norms of both the industry and the work place.
good and productive experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 5, 2016
its a good experience to working at the shell. I learned a lot of new things from that job. like ; how to deal with customers , how to handle difficult or emergency situation. I learned team work .. how to work in a team. the best part of the job is meet new customers and made good relations with them. as every coin have two side this job also have some hardest part . but its normal .. my team members and passion made difficult time easy for me.
Pros
meet with new people daily
Cons
low salary
Good life experience
petroleum transferr technician (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BCMarch 21, 2016
helped to support MYSELF AND FAM.! A typical day was fresh air and meeting lots of new friends. I learned how to mingle with new clients!
Productive and fun place to be
IT Support Engineer / System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Port HarcourtMarch 15, 2016
Resolving of users IT Related issues. working during weekends. Colleagues were fun and interesting to be with. Long hours
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
limited advancement and poor communication from management
Night Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 9, 2016
This job has no future but is a good stepping stone to more productive and fulfilling career job. it is a line assemble job with no structure or encouragement to do more than what is least required to do job.
Pros
own boss
Cons
no comunication / advancement
Good pay and opportunities for employees
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 7, 2016
Good company to work for. As a contractor the possibilities are pretty limited so being an employee is a better option.

The implementation of new tech and modernizing processes is slow and clunky and often not supported by the management side because they do not fully understand the benefits.

That can be very frustrating to someone who is always pushing for forward thinking, more efficient and automated ways to do things but overall completely understandable due to the size of the organization and their continuous need to standardize things.

Solving the different problems I encountered in my time there was very rewarding and the team environment and cooperation was both helpful and very professional.
Pros
High Pay, challenging problems to fix
Cons
Tiring schedules for site positions, aggressive cost reductions
good crew
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABFebruary 29, 2016
loved the job. constantly busy always moving had a lot to do in a shift. management was decent. things were always changing with new product sales and advertisements
productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Balzac, ABFebruary 24, 2016
its a fun place to work ,management is good ,but the only thing is this that the salary is very low, the most enjoyable part of the job is that you come across different kind of customers all day
Coworkers are all good
Cons
longhours
Great People at Shell
Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 23, 2016
Shell Canada is part of the Global Royal Dutch Shell organization and has very close ties to the US. As a global company, there are many bureaucratic processes that create complexity in everyday work.

Houston is considered a hub and most Upstream work is directed through Houston.

Expectations are high for excellence.
Pros
Salary and benefits are very good. The people are excellent, well trained and talented.
Cons
With the recent economic environment, the overall vision and strategy of RDS is unclear
Shell has been a great company to work.
Drilling Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2016
Shell has a continued focus on future technology and exceptional development of their staff. They create a good working environment to promotes team work.
Good place to know about process engineering
Technology Improvement Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Work at site with several classmates
Learned about the process of pipeline for both the oil and gas.
Learned how to use CAD
Productive And Fast Learner
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 2, 2016
I like to work in a team rather than working alone. I like sales the most and i always learn new techniques to promote a product.
Completions Engineer
Field Completions Engineer/On-Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Foothills, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Shell was an excellent company to work for. I benefited from excellent training, both formal and through mentor-ship.
great safe learning experience
Power Engineer Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABJanuary 24, 2016
it was a great experience to learn from and a great place to learn in.
although it was only for three summers I enjoyed the people I worked with and each days daily runs and checks/ safety meeting.
when I worked there it was an odd shift schedule witch made it hard, life was planned around work.