Shell

Shell Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
too many changes
Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMay 27, 2015
Working for this location was often times hectic with management and staff not knowing what each other was doing. Dealing with the customers was always a positive experience though
My time at Shell Canad was extremely enjoyable and challenging. I had learned so much there and appreciated everyone I worked with and for.
Logistics Lead UA Alberta (Former Employee), Edson ABMay 15, 2015
I was in charge of all the logistics for U/A in Alberta. That consisted of managing 116 contract companies and a 3PL company. Also managing 5 internal staff. I managed all freight, water, camps and aviation throughout Alberta. All Road Transport in and out of my assets were managed by me. I learned how to be a true leader and learned a lot about continuous self improvement. The hardest part of the job was the fact I had no breaks I was on call 24/7. The most enjoyable part of the job was always being presented with new challenges.
Enjoyable place to work for almost all my time there
Fuel Attendant (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Spring/Summer months very nice weather, Meeting customers and speaking with regulars, Worked with friends, Amazing manager up until he left in summer of 2014
Cons: No breaks (unless no cars), No in-store food to buy (only drinks), Winter months are extremely cold when outside for long periods of time.
Shell in Grimsby is a very old place but that didn't stop us from having a blast working there. Although we never had much to offer besides fuel, and few in-store purchases, the customers loved coming back.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 27, 2015
Not many benefits to the job at all. I worked cash and it wasnt too bad, but wouldnt work there again unless I was really desperate. The owner wasnt the greatest. Didnt even have as much as water available to us.
Broken Car wash in sunny day
Multi-site retail operator (Former Employee), Victoria BCApril 25, 2015
Pros: Self Employed
Cons: 24 hour
Car were lined up and broken car wash and gave lots of free coffee coupons to customers with smile. and promised the customers that it will be fixed soon
not bad
Student Geologist (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 16, 2015
Nice place for an internship, but good luck getting a job after. Especially now when it's a recession. Even if they say that you were successful through their SRD, it does not guarantee anything.
Good experience to boost confident level
Customer executive support (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free coffees and snacks
Cons: 8 hours standing job
Eight hours shift in that have to make coffees every 2 hours. This is the great opportunity to meet people have good conversation and contact with them. It boosts confidence level and helps to improve communication. Hardest part is to stand for eight hours and lot of instore work like refilling grocery, chocolate bars section, cleaning dusting. maintain work orders, getting all work done related to system, technical field.
Shell Canada is an upper echelon company to work for with great pay to contractors.
SFE Expeditor/Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2015
Pros: Shell Canada upper echelon of oil and gas companies to work for
Cons: Shell executives, management and leadership staff preserve their own exorbitant incomes at all costs, work force counts for little
Inadequate management in place - I feel that working for Shell was overall a good experience, but the lack of proper leadership was a contributing factor to the failure of the Carmen Creek Project experience to date.
Canadian customer service at Shell
Cashier (Former Employee), Claresholm, ABApril 10, 2015
Pros: Exciting arrival in Canada
Cons: Being paid less than agreed in contract
Customer Service in Shell Service station. Managed all aspects of service station store including orders, restocking, taking inventory, managing and balancing cash, making daily reports, and serving customers. Most of these tasks were not new to me but I had not previously worked in a service station. I enjoyed my arrival in Canada and made some friends among my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was being paid less than the rate promised in my contract and the isolated location in Claresholm.
enhances people skills
Manager at Shell petrol station (Former Employee), Grand Valley, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: talking to diff customers all day, not a boring job.
Cons: love every bit of it.
A day at work is basically completing transactions. checking and stocking inventory, entering data, ordering products and dealing with clients. I learned customer service skills, people skills, being independent and working in a fast paced environment and delivering positive results. I learned to work better in a team and alongside my co workers. Hardest part of the job is keeping the customer happy which is also the most enjoyable part.
Productive, fun
Senior Contract Analyst - CP Operations (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 8, 2015
Productive, good team environment, atmosphere pleasant, enjoyed interaction with suppliers. Learned more about culture, values, supply chain principles at shell
Good Manager, poor upper management and everything else
Retail Service Rep (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaApril 1, 2015
Pros: Easy Job
Cons: Poor Leadership
The job wasnt hard, and it was great at first. I got to sit on my butt half the night and do didly squat and get payed for it. But eventually that just got to be too much. It was boring, more of the same every shift I ended up working. There is zero room to grow and advance within a gas station, and for 10.75 an hour the way I was treated by the upper management it was finally to much and I quit.
work place had a very good work life balance
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beaumont, ABMarch 30, 2015
the hours that I was getting here did not work with my school schedule. the manager was not very friendly and the work was not split up evenly
Contract work
Data Entry Clerk (Contract) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Pros: very welcoming
Cons: project got terminated
Contract data entry as I've learned different ways of the process on oil and gas industry.
I've enjoyed the people I've worked with; the team was very welcoming.
Only worked there on a short period of time as the project got cancelled and some of us got let go.
It was a very good opportunity to gain more skills in the oil and gas industry and also to have met a great team.
Productive, fast paced and fun place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Staff christmas parties.
Relieve the morning staff, and help them finish up, then proceed with the evenings to do list.
efficient ways to handle inventory, and how to effectively serve customers.
Management was very reliable and effectively communicated.
Co-Workers were fun to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs was the dinner rush.
Good place to have a part time job
Sales Associate and Site Safety Leader (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: meet new people everyday and learn new safety procedures
Cons: less pay and no benefits
Every day I am able to meet many different people from different backgrounds. Every day I also learn about different safety scenarios and many different safety precautions we need to take to ensure no accident happens on site.
The hardest part of my job is to be able to please all the customers who come in tot the gas station and need assistance with pumping their gas or make payment.
Great Customers, Poor Management skills for the manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Liberty Street , Bowmanville, ONFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: excellent hours
Cons: poor management
Shell Canada on Liberty Street in Bowmanville, On was my first cashiering job. I enjoyed it. I never had time for my Fiance or friends but I enjoyed my job until my manager started to mix personal life with my work life. My manager had went and told my Fiance that I accidentally locked myself out on a night shift and that I was an idiot for locking myself out. She made me sit outside in the dark for an hour and a half. I would have loved to stay working with Shell because my boss was awesome, the pay was great and I was getting amazing hours. But the manager was the problem and still is. I would return to Shell if the boss hired a new manager, the manager abuses his/her position as a manager. The hardest part of my job was impatient customers or customers who liked to blame me for the gas prices. The enjoyable part was getting to meet so many people in my community.
Good Company
Survey Technologist (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayFebruary 17, 2015
Very good company to work for great work/life balance. Good compensation package friendly co-workers. Very good work schedule to balance work and family time.
It's been a terrific run
ACZ Truck Driver (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Sad to part ways with work colleagues and the business in general due to plant closure effective March 31, 2015. Overall it offered a great work balance, being home every weekend although there were rare occasions of overtime and weekend work. I learned a great deal about customer service being the face of Shell Canada delivering oil largely to auto shops and car dealerships.
Co-workers were knowledgable and helpful
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Corunna, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Usual days consisted of unloading trucks, shipping and receiving, handing out material to maintenance and contractors.
I have learned that safety is a frame of mind and should be on your mind with every task.
Management and coworkers were knowledgeable and helpful.
The most difficult part of the job was trying to come up with cost savings ideas.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting what the customer needed asap.
Headquarters