Shell Employee Reviews

gérante ---
caissier de nuit (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QC20 June 2017
gérante agressive et intimidante ne supporte pas ses employer et diminue les autres employer
Pros
travail equipe
Cons
insécurité d emploie
ce que jai appris
caissière (Former Employee) –  Varennes, QC16 June 2017
cest bien, mais je n'ai pas appris grand chose appart faire payer les clients
Great company with great people
Intern Recruiter / Recruitment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2017
Diverse work environment
Supportive Managers for your development
Great collaboration among teams

A lot of reorganizations in the current marketplace
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Stability
Environment, atmosphere and team members great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 June 2017
Shell was a great place to work. The team atmosphere and environment was great. Great to interact with customers . Enjoyed learning new things and skills
Financial Analyst
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2017
• responsible for the financial, budget and reporting processes for Canadian operations
• Trained and mentored new hires in the finance branch
Reported for Toronto and Calgary locations
More communicative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 June 2017
I worked for Shell around 7 months and my overall journey of Shell was prey good. While working in the Shell, I enhanced my communication skills and leadership skills.
Was a fun place to work
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB10 June 2017
Working at the shell station was an interesting work experience as it was an indopdent station I got to work with some great team players unfortunately the management was not all that great as it seemed they did not care about keeping the station which caused high level of stress between the costomers and the employes as we could not always provide the provide the the full service the expected
Pros
Working outside
Cons
Really bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 June 2017
Keeping upkeep while at work while you service patrons. Keeping a positive attitude while working and greeting patrons as they walk into the store. always being on your toes because store reps would be coming in frequently to make sure you have the knowledge of the products that you are selling.
Learned alot in this environment
Sales Associate (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 June 2017
Provided quality customer service with a good attitude. Cleaned,
stocked, and maintained the store. Helped cut the shift, count cash and complete paperwork for each day. Assisted customers with problems in a respectful manner.
Good work place
IT management (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB8 June 2017
I have had a good working experience with Shell.
The work culture, safety culture, salaries and benefits are good.
There are equal opportunities to grow.
Hard work
Customer service oriented Security and Safety (Former Employee) –  KW8 June 2017
It is your own business and put lots of time and money in the business. You should be ready any time to go to work.
Yes, you can make money and no live.
Good place to learn many things and good place to interact with customers.
Store supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB6 June 2017
Good staff, very cleaned store, learned many small things about management and how to run the store.Every items in the store use to be well organised. Never use to get complains from the customers because I always use to keep the store well cleaned and organised, also always solved issues in best positive attitude.
Great salary and benefit but inefficient work culture
Project Engineer (Engineer-In-Training) (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 June 2017
Great salary and benefit with inefficient work culture, mainly due to the huge variety of the employees and what they care about, especially on site. Hard to compare with the local oil companies operating in the same area.
Great enterprise safety culture.
Portfolio Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2017
I really liked the Shell safety culture that has contributed to change myself with respect to my HSSE contribution in our day to day work and my impact on the environment.
Decent Company, But still needs a union to ensure fair treatment
Predictive Maintenance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta19 May 2017
Shell is generally a good company. However they have some internal systems with Occupational Health that need to be updated and improved. And in certain cases supervision is not up speed with modern day practices
Good salary and benefits, but you're just a cog in the wheel
IT Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2017
Shell provides an excellent compensation package, however I struggled with feeling fully engaged and enthusiastic about the work. There is a significant level of bureaucracy which greatly delays decision making.
Well managed workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hope, BC17 May 2017
typically my day at works consists of running customers through the till, assisting people at the pumps and pumping propane. As well as closing cleaning/management duties. What makes me enjoy going to my job is the management, I work for great people which makes going to work a lot easier. The job is pretty stress free other than the odd difficult customer
Pros
discounted store items
Productive and very busy place to work! Enjoyed the staff!
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2017
You had customers to deal with regarding fuel purchase,lotto purchase and merchandize as well as upselling! I enjoyed the customers and you got to know the regular ones. Great place to work kept busy and your shift went fast! It could get pretty hectic at times! Enjoyed the times making fresh coffee,cleaning and stocking shelfs and the coolers which gave you a break from the front cashier! Cashing out at the end of your shift with the other cashier could get hectic especially when you didn't balance or were out in lotto, cigarettes or cash! I had a great boss who was funny and encouraging!
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
It could get quite busy at times!
Productive Workplace with Great People
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Iron Bridge, Ontario14 May 2017
A typical day includes me talking to certain everyday customers and providing them with an experience which keeps them coming back to us rather than our competitors. At the beginning of the shift, i sign on the the system under my name. As the cashier position, i have to engage with customers, stack the shelves, notice inventory that needs to be ordered, count the lottery tickets before closing. When i have closing shifts, i have to maintain and clean the workplace before leaving.
Pros
Great People, always something to do
fun with co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alberta13 May 2017
good with customer service, on site dutys well known. have a positive and clean environment. well uniformed and excellent timings. surveys taken and given.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.