Shell Employee Reviews

internship for school
Administration and Project Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2016
No pay for an internship, which is expected. Great learning experience for schooling. I got all the information i needed each day and left feeling accomplished.
Pros
school credit
Cons
very part time and seasona
Administration
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, alberta24 November 2016
Very good place to work. Benefits and salary very competitive. Also included are flex days and a very good benefits package. I would recommend this company to others.
fun working meeting new people everyday.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 November 2016
I have learnt a lot from this job. Management is really good and helpful. Usually i have to stand at the counter for payments or serve people on full-serve station.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
no breaks
Safety Days
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 November 2016
Shell is the largest employeer in the world. Their committment to safety is amazing. Yearly a Safety Day was held for all employees - you actually learn something new each year.
Pros
Communications flowed freely
Cons
Long days
A day at Woodland Park Shell
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC12 November 2016
A typical day starts with emptying garbage bins, making coffee for the customers and making sure supplies at the pump are sufficiently stocked. Through out the day handling money transactions, helping customers and stocking shelves is the better part of the duties. At the end of the day inventory has to be made, the store floor must be mopped, the bathroom cleaned and the pumps wiped down to be ready for the next day.
Improvement as a person as-well-as Employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 November 2016
Good working environment
Co-workers were helpful
Most enjoyable part was greeting customers and talking with them
I learned how to be responsible and co-operative by working here
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Nothing Free
Great Experience
Quality Measurement Instrument Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 November 2016
I had a pleasure to work with a great team and was exceptionally please with getting exposed to challenging but rewarding experience not only in operation but also in reliability and technology.
Pros
Great team to work for
Cons
Someone stress full at times.
Great Company to work for.
HSSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC7 November 2016
I have been working either directly or indirectly for Shell for 20 years and what I like about Shell is they have been a company that really works with the communities that are in the area. I have personally been involved in some of this and it is good to see a company put back into the communities and not just take.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Such a large company you need to be patient and follow the process
A great place to work
Project Coordinator & Snr. Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2016
A company that provides you training both on the job and otherwise, to enable you do your work for mutual benefit. You are given the freedom to apply your knowledge and encouraged to seek help from peers and colleagues when you have difficulty.
Good job starting out.
Site Safety Leader (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 November 2016
The job was great for starting out and building up some experience on the resume, however it is deffenatly not a long term position.
was a good company before
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 October 2016
i enjoy working cash. i use to like my job. i learned a lot since i started working there. i learned how to serve food to customers.
It's a pretty fun environment at my work place. We all get along and try out best to help each other as best we can, which I think is super important
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Westlock, AB24 October 2016
I have a lot of fun working at shell. It's super friendly and pretty well paced. People love the gas and service that we provide to them and they always come back. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to start practicing in the retail world.
Pros
You get lots of hours
Cons
It gets boring sometimes
Geologist GIT
Project coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2016
Provided me with good tools on how to approach complex situation and problem solving skills. overall it was a great experience working with shell
Tailings planning Intern
Tailings Planning Division Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2016
Great impact on knowledge and exposure and supportive team to help through deadlines.
Always a good place to start your career from.
Good for a inclusion in all the fields connected.
Pros
Great benefits
Gas Station Attendant
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2016
Shell gas station was a great place to work to pay the bills. I enjoyed working with the staff and found each day very busy with gaining experience in convenience store sales and selling gas a lottery.

Each day was a little different with marketing and stocking the level of merchandise through the performance of promotions while following the lottery and tobacco laws. It was great experience for cash handling and preparing end of shift reports and cash drops for the next shift to begin.

The management was excellent and was always sure to provide you with side duties to keep you busy. The manager was great at training and directed most of the gas deliveries as a senior position.

The best part of the job was visiting with the customers and getting to know the staff in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Very busy gas station
Cons
Long hours of standing
productive and enjoy to my work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, AB12 October 2016
ive learned from my work is how to deal with other people and how to handle a different situation and diffirend kind of attitude of people,to my co worker we work as a family and team were cooperating with each other the enjoyable part of my job is to give good service to the customer.
Great Place to work however...
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB5 October 2016
You work with a variety of different customers, as it goes with personal security, I did have to contact Authorities on a number of occasions. I learned that i'm able to work in conditions alone @ busy times.
friendly helpful staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 September 2016
i'd typically start at about 3 and leave at 11. it was a nice laid back place to work. I worked at two different stares. I worked 5 days a week
believe in myself.
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thompson, MB29 September 2016
I have learn administration .I have learn read the faces and try to understand the people and perform my duties according to the demands .My always priorities to make my own customers and make them comfortable that they can come in my store with ease and create a good environment . When ever i just give training to a new employee i ask them be frank to the customers that they feel ease and enjoy your customer serves because it also help you a lot while dealing with them.
Nice company with pleasent atmosphire to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Qatar27 September 2016
My company provide me training in various fields I come and learn what is safety and how it is important in everyone life. Apart from Safety requirement I learn first aid and Fire warden training.