Shell Employee Reviews

fun at job with lots of responsibilities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2017
Being independent was one of the best dreams of mine.And going to work is a fun experience.You meet new people every day of different cultures and different races. You won't believe that variety of people come there. There are many responsibilities also about security and hazards.
You have to be very Active while working.
Enjoyable and rewarding experience as a contract IT Consultant
Senior Business Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2017
Ability to work on various Retail IT projects while learning new skills across a diverse network of retail sites.
Point of Sale software plus inbound & outbound integration experience.
I choose it as I was student and need part time work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Comox Valley, BC13 August 2017
I liked to work here but It didn't provides me growth. I was flexible, good working environment, near from my home. I liked my supervisor. He was a nice guy. Always helped me.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not growth in career
Petroleum Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 August 2017
Typical day at work is database and software management.
I learned new skills and software.
Management is very supportive.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the nice building and offices.
good experience
Lead Civil QA (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 August 2017
It was a good experience working with shell. I worked closely to the management learned alot. All the required tool for the job was provided. All in all it was a good experience.

thanks
Global Opportunity - Challenging Environment
Logistics Coordinator for Major Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 August 2017
Working for Shell was a great experience. There was certainly al ot of highs and lows as the company has gone through great periods of transition lately and so many difficult decisions were made. Howver, Shell is supportive of scheduled and fair advancement, a leader in maternity (and paternity) leave for biological and adopted childen, provides an outstanding benefits plan and has endless opportunities for networks, education compensation, training etc.

I would go back to Shell in a heartbeat.
Awesome place to work
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB28 July 2017
I only worked there a short time, but i did enjoy my time there. All the staff and owner were very nice and professional. It have a nice work environment and very well organized. There was always lots to do and was never boring.
Pros
Free lunch and breaks, cash advances, constant work
Cons
Working alone.
Pas de commentaires...
Commis-caissière (Former Employee) –  Saint-Anselme, QC27 July 2017
L'endroit est mal situé, le dépanneur est mal coordonné. Très petit. Sous-sol bas, on se cogne partout. Peu d'espace pour chercher de la marchandise et la mettre dans le étagères.
Good company to work for.
Strategy (Former Employee) –  Canada21 July 2017
Success in Shell is massively dependent on your manager. Some are egomaniacs, with their own personal agenda, extremely difficult to work with. Company overall offers great learning opportunities, great benefits and a high stress work environment.
Pretty friendly job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 July 2017
It was a good job that wasn't too hard or physically demanding. They trained me well and made sure I didn't work alone until I was ready. Only problem was that I couldn't sit down for the whole 8 hours because it was frowned upon. Wasn't allowed to read/do homework/sit even when no customers were in the lot or store so there was nothing to do. That said, it was a pretty friendly job that I would consider doing again.
Pros
You can eat whenever (as long as you're behind the counter in case a customer comes in).
Cons
No sitting.
meh
Gas Station Attendant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aylmer, ON17 July 2017
As I believe all employment, the company has room for improvements in all areas. A typical day at work would include staying focus on the job at hand at all times and go home safe. I've learned several safety precautions, which I do practice at home. Management was in my opinion fare, but room for improvement in the area of working together with their employees (meaning people skills and better communication). The work culture there was a bit stressful because of the division between management and employees. The hardest part of the job would be the lack of tolerance for human error on management's part and the lack of concern on employee's part, whit both hindering the success of production. However, for me the most enjoyable part of the job was working with people. Having the opportunity to relieve the stress of the day, by having a team to laugh and encourage one another made it all worth being there and keep the focus to get the job done.
Always busy and hectic during the day, calm and relaxing at night.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC16 July 2017
Working at Shell was bothersome at times. I did more work that what i was getting paid for and the store was always dirty when i came on shift. No breaks either, which has to this day made me have pain and aches in my knees.
Pros
Free coffee and slurpees
Cons
no breaks, standing for a long period of time
Shell
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC13 July 2017
Ouvrir le magasin
Compter les lotteries
Faire des rapports de journée de travail
Nettoyer le magasin
Vendre
Compter les caisses
Vider les poubelles
v
Good Place to work
Sales Associate Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2017
working as sales representative and dealing with many clients makes the working hours fun and easy to pass also it's a friendly working environment .
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
Difficult to be an individual
Production Programmer (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB10 July 2017
Due to Shell Canada's building block system for future development if your job role falls in between the lines and/or does not exist in their platform it makes growth and advancement difficult.
Pros
Free Travel
Cons
Bad atmosphere
Good for students who need money for tuition fees.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 July 2017
This job is best suitable for those who are good at dealing with people and want to make some money for side expenses. Do not expect growth of any kind in this job. Just do your job and get the pay cheque.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
No fixed work schedules
Productive Plant and Field Sites
Journeyman Millwright (Former Employee) –  Caroline, AB5 July 2017
Work was planned out well and co-ordinated on site
Offered a safe working environment
Busy work pace with opportunities and challenges
Good team environment
Close to home
une belle aventure
Gérant (Current Employee) –  1450 woodland5 July 2017
c,estait un travail ordinaire et aujourd’hui je me sens vraiment a la recherche d`un travail avec mon domaine d` Etude
Pros
temps partiel
Cons
cest pas le domaine de mes etudes
Tough Times
Logistics Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2017
Tough Times in Oil and Gas... difficult for advancement. I have been stuck as a contractor for years now with promise for full-time and no action and still in the same place..
I loved the job, not the people.
Material Handler / Shipper & Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON3 July 2017
Shell was a fun job despite my co-workers. I was a "temp" there. There was an unwritten rule about the treatment of all temporary employees. All of us were bullied and otherwise mistreated by all warehouse staff. Management refused to acknowledge there was a problem and turned a blind eye towards it. It was a 2 year contract after which you were laid-off for 6 months. All temporary employees then had the option of returning for another 2 year term. No one ever came back after their 6 month lay-off. No surprise there. In 2014, the entire full-time warehouse staff were fired. The warehouse is now contracted out to an outside warehousing company. Karma is real.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Excessive Bullying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.