Shell

Shell Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to start great place to learn about safety
Water operator (Former Employee), Fort St JohnJuly 2, 2014
Pros: good social activities
Cons: not enough hours
I learned a lot a bit inconsistent but over all a great place to work.
welder
shovel maintenance welder (Current Employee), fort mcmurrayJuly 1, 2014
I love my job, I currently work for shell as I love working for the company its unfortunate that I am only a co-op student who has recently obtained a journeyman status and now my contract is coming to an end I am taking finding employment within the oil field companies on my own. the every day learning experience that comes with working within an oilfield – more... company is something that should be greatly appreciated with all the surrounding trades that you work with I can gladly say I am a well rounded individual – less
nice place to work at
gas station clerk/agent (Current Employee), Ladner, BCJune 27, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: no benefits
manager is very friendly, will help you in any way she can.
morning shifts are busy, specially in the afternoon when the kids finish school.
most enjoyable part of the job is that i can converse with people to actually practice my english.
Highly skilled work force
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee), Scotford Refinery, Fort SaskatchewanJune 23, 2014
Highly skilled work force and good management. A good working environment.
productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), West Kelowna, BCJune 20, 2014
Pros: free fountain drinks
Cons: boring
was very clean, great management for sure,
great co workers.
Fun workplace
Retail Store Supervisor (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 14, 2014
Nice Place to work, Good time spend with customers

Very good co workers
Contract Management Analyst
Contract Management Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 6, 2014
Pros: site visits to fort mcmurray and new learning opportunities
Cons: long hours 5 days a week.
My job description changed significantly from interview to actual work. I worked as a contractor and discovered that I prefer to work as an employee. My preference is buying large engineered packages and at Shell I was responsible for Service Contracts.
safe place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Stratford, ONJune 1, 2014
Good experience, you learn a lot about movies, cigarettes, and lottery tickets.
Builds relationships that contribute to the company's sucess
Principal Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee), Fort McmurrayMay 12, 2014
Pros: actively engages in meaningful discussion about safety with co-workers and clients.
* Understands BeyonZero principles and adhere to safe work practices and standards.

* Keeps commitments and complete work by established deadlines for Project Control functions.

* Produces quality work that meets expections and demondtrates my current job-related fucntional skills and knowledge to update benchmark matrices in accordance with " Industry – more... best" performance and as a tool for continuous improvement in future project executions.

* To Maintain teamwork , for a solution- oriented approach while working with others, even under strained conditions.

*Most Enjoyable part of the Job - HSE Leadership – less
Engineers looking after Engineers regardless of skill set, knowledge
Former employee (Former Employee), Scotford, Fort SaskatchewanMay 8, 2014
Pros: none anymore
Cons: poor ethics, values, morals, work overload, low pay, mediocre benefits, unrealistic expectations
Used to be a great company to work for with great team work and morale. HSSE is out the window, now being managed by engineers who have no knowledge, experience or understanding of what it takes to deliver a culture of safety. Cost cutting everywhere but HSSE was a big hit. Combined Refinery, Chemicals and Upgrader HSSE which was needed but eliminated – more... 7 full time positions to do it, retained people that there were no positions for because they're engineers, brought in contract workers to replace the full time positions. Department now run by mostly engineers, yes men/women, that have no clue how to manage teams. Basically turned a high performing team with a great culture and collaborative approach into a joke. No accountability for senior managers! – less
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Maccallum roadMay 5, 2014
A typical schedule at work includes greeting the customer, achieve upsales target, explaining customer what they are asking etc.
Enjoyable
Customer Services Team Leader (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 4, 2014
Pros: easy going culture
Cons: no breaks
typically dealing with customers who either wanted goods or gas. I learned alot about counting inventory, accounting, and dealing with unsatisfied customers. management treated employees pretty fairly. never had co-workers, mostly worked by my self. hardest part was during rush hour, dealing with an excessive amount of customers. Most enjoyable part – more... was being able to help out a customer. – less
Layoffs, staff quitting, company very disorganized
Upstream America (Former Employee), CanadaApril 27, 2014
Pros: company benefits
Cons: unstable company
Shell has a "third party" hired to help turn the company around. Management has no clue what they are doing, no communication, staff members overloaded with work, and no moral anymore.
relaxing job
sales associate (Former Employee), kennedy rd, and passmore aveApril 25, 2014
Cons: long hours.
there are no major stress factors, because mainly the work that is being done is cashier job. and it is just handling money, and depositing money in the safe, and making sure that you are safe, as well as the store is safe.
challenging
Manager/Retailer (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 28, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: far location
Being the retailer at Macs is a challenge.Its like running multiple businesses in one entity .A typical day would start by signing in to the lottery terminal ,prepare scratch tickets ,greet the morning customers who most times enter the store with me to get the newspaper,to make sure the milk order is in ,check the expiry date on the deli and sandwiches – more... to prepare the morning coffee and making sure all is ready for my customers in the shortest time.
I worked as an attendant ,and when my helper comes I shift to the manager duties in my little back office ,reporting the sales and all financial reports to the head office meeting the deadline in a timely manner .The hardest thing I faced there is long hours as sometimes I had to run a one person show and work for 16 hours .The only disadvantage of this business was the location being far from where I live ,not because of commuting to work but because of the difficulties to get there during extreme weather conditions as there was remote areas with no lights .I still find it a joy there because not only I made loyal customers ,they became my friends and I became a part of their community . – less
alright
Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 18, 2014
great place to work. not bad people. but it was always raining
Looking for a career that has more room for advancement, and better pay.
Sales Associate / Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Montomery Shell #1 highway- Transcanada ShellMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: having to wake up early, and be at work for 6am
A typical day at work would be to arrive 15 minutes early and open the store, and start on daily routine such as making several pots of coffee throughout the day, counting till, unlocking smoke cabinets, and outside windshield washer cabinets, filling up washer fluids outside for customer use, and for customers to buy, put squigees in buckets, refill – more... coffee cups, lids, napkins, stocking shelves, smokes, pop, chocolates, candy, writing down what needs to be ordered , counting smokes , cigars, snuff at end of shift, counting till, and doing end of day paper work.

I didn't really learn too much at this job, it was all straight forward things ive done before when I worked at 7eleven.

management was hardley around. they just came to do paper work from previous day , and pull out the smoke cartons I needed to fill shelves in front.

I usually didn't work with any other co-workers, except when I was training new employees who were going to work on the weekends, or evening shift.

The hardest part of my job would be when it gets really busy, and theres a line up, and I have to use the bathroom, and there is no other co-worker to help me manage the till at the time.

The part I enjoyed the most about this job, was meeting new people , making small talk, and socalizing with the regular customers.
I also enjoyed making a lists of things to do for the day and setting goals for myself, and rushing to get everything done before my shift was over. – less
too busy and no perks
Attendant (Current Employee), Alliston, ONMarch 7, 2014
single attendant on day shift
maintaining the station solo
maintaining cleanliness
interacting with customers
Productive work place with excellent management
Site Safety Leader (Former Employee), WaterlooFebruary 28, 2014
A typical day at work includes greeting customers, informing them about their transaction amount, up-selling the weekly deals, and answering general inquiries.The people who work at Shell are very reliable, enthusiastic and out-going so working with them was a pleasure.
I learnt a great deal about customer service, especially how to interact with a – more... wide variety of personalities. I also gained knowledge of cash handling, managing accounts and assisting with the day-to-day store operations. Apart from that, I trained four new employees during my time with Shell.
Although there were days when technical difficulties made working a hassle, overall my time at Shell was a great learning experience! – less
Good
Senior process Operator (Current Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABFebruary 26, 2014
Good place to work. Royal Dutch Shell is a very Global oriented company. Scotford has a lot of great people to work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shell

Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, – Read more