Shell

Shell Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good comapany
Sales Executive (Current Employee), victoria bcDecember 11, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: too much expectations
I am happy but I want to work far a company where I can learn more and use my bilingual skills
productive /energitic
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 9, 2014
hard worker
easily engaged in team work
good customer service
over all
Cashier (Former Employee), vermilion,abDecember 9, 2014
Busy
I've learned lots as I've never worked in a dental office before
management is fine
coworkers are great
keeping busy all the time
Good place to work as a student
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCDecember 1, 2014
I mostly performed supervisory role. I prepared weekly schedules for employees. I have managed inventory along with customer service and cash handling. Have deposited cash in the bank.

Great place to work and improve customer service skills. I have made some very good friends. I found the manager to be very helpful and motivating.
Living and working in Victoria was awesome
Manager (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCNovember 25, 2014
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: hectic
When I was a a manager at the location in Victoria everything just flowed perfectly. The customers were always very happy and made the job exceptional.
My employer at the time was very good and ensuring that I was properly compensated for my work.
amazing work place
cashier (Former Employee), High Prairie, ABNovember 25, 2014
Pros: the customers
You had a large range of responsibilies, but all were well laid out and easy to accomplish. It was a great work place and the hours were great.
Shell is over-rated
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 13, 2014
Pros: big name on resume when you leave
Cons: hard place to work.
I found Shell to be the most difficult of all Oil & Gas companies to work for.

Over regulated and has a cut throat pre-madonna culture with tons of inflated egos. Employee life spans in the office environment were short and the management was less then stellar.

Overall I would sooner work for someone else. They pay average too.
Intellegent people, highly motivated environment
HSE Data Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 13, 2014
Excellent experience and tremendous learning opportunity
Was a very busy and rewarding experience.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kerrisdale, BCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: boosted my self confidence about my customer service skills
Cons: having to work with people who were negative and hating their job.
On a typical day I would do cash and do cash drops after a certain amount was in the till. I cleaned the store and kept a neat appearance, as well as set up promotional displays. I made sure the bathrooms were always cleaned and maintained and stocked shelves. I also provided great customer service to all the customers, greeting them as they walked – more... in the door.
The hardest part of working there was when I had to work with the college students that hated the job and brought a lot of negative energy to the workplace.
The most enjoyable part of my job was when I received a service award from the company, it made me feel that my efforts of using my customer service skills to my utmost was well worth it and that even though my co-workers were making fun of me for being so serious about my job. – less
Great Place to work.
Haul Truck Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 10, 2014
Great people, training opportunities, great environment, company does what it tells you it backs. Shell backs Safety and an environment where all employees are treated with respect and dignity. There is no swaying from these principles which is terrific.
High Paced, exciting environment.
Document Controller (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaOctober 29, 2014
Pros: 21 flex days, and 5 weeks vacation
Cons: high demands
A typical day at work entails reviewing my email first thing. Establishing who needs what then prioritizing my day. I deal with Business critical tasks first for executives and mangement then assist co-workers with what ever needs to be done. The hardest part of the job is time management and the most enjoyable part is the diversity and challenges that – more... come with it. – less
Fixed income portfolio management
Fixed Income Portfolio Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntSeptember 29, 2014
I was a member of a small very active trading team. The challenge including being a part of the asset allocation team which determined the portion of the pension fund assets to be invested in the main categories (bonds, equities, real estate, etc...).
Great Company, great people, excellent work /life balance!
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee), CalgarySeptember 24, 2014
Pros: excellent training
Cons: none that i know
The work life culture of this company is great and the management well focused.
There is so much to learn and the team spirit is superb!
Challenging work place, but satisfying and rewarding
Field Operations Planner (Current Employee), Shell Waterton ComplexAugust 31, 2014
Pros: excellent medical, retirement benefits
Cons: the expectation of doing more with less
Work begins early with reviewing previous day and night activities, participating in morning safety and information meeting. Organizing the days scheduled activities and adjusting according to unexpected and reactive activities. I have learned to work quickly and efficiently with others in a team environment to meet HSE and business goals. I work well – more... with my coworkers and we communicate well with each other. Management places a large amount of trust and responsibility on certain individuals which creates confidence and maturity. The Hardest part of the job is performing a large number of tasks while keeping things organized and safe for everyone. Being busy and being able to help in a timely manner when called upon. – less
Excellent and safe.
Scanner Technician on board the ALLSEAS SOLITAIRE (Former Employee), globalAugust 28, 2014
Pros: salary/bonuses
Cons: long hours as well as high intensity
The work environment although challenging was dynamic,safe and very productive for all involved. It was an experience I will always be grateful to have had as I move on in my career.
Great people, great environment
Contract - IT Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2014
At Shell, I was responsible for on boarding/off boarding contractors which included; electronic passes, providing software programs through IT, login IDs, hardware, travel arrangements, excel spreadsheets, office/staff ratio logistics and other related tasks.
3rd Class Power Engineer Co-Op Student (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 24, 2014
Pros: people/co-workers
Cons: n/a
Felt like I was part of the family right from day one.
Everyone is more than happy to teach me something that would be of value to me and my career.
Great learning environment with a huge potential for advancement.
only as a starting job
Cashier/Attendant (Former Employee), CalgaryJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free slurpees
Cons: long hours, no lunch break, worked by yourself, so you always had the fear that you might be robbed, shot, stabbed.
I had to be there before 6AM to open up the store, and get the pumps turned on, fill the squeegee buckets, garbage duty, slurpees machine, make coffee, clean bathroom, dust, count inventory, count starting float, work alone for 8 hours, your only break was when there was no customers. Manager was pushy, i think overtired, and overstressed, truly believed – more... that you could sleep when you're dead. Co-workers were decent, but slightly lazy. Hardest part was dealing with people who stole gas at the pump. Most enjoyable was when I heard that in store sales went up13-19%, somewhere in there since I started. I had the best compliment i've ever had. He said: "I know you have a ***** job, you know you have a ***** job, but you always have a smile on your face, greeting customers, being friendly, and I drive past 2 Shell stations, 1 is cheaper, but I come here for the customer service.have a good day!" – less
good place to start great place to learn about safety
Water operator (Former Employee), Fort St JohnJuly 2, 2014
Pros: good social activities
Cons: not enough hours
I learned a lot a bit inconsistent but over all a great place to work.
welder
shovel maintenance welder (Current Employee), fort mcmurrayJuly 1, 2014
I love my job, I currently work for shell as I love working for the company its unfortunate that I am only a co-op student who has recently obtained a journeyman status and now my contract is coming to an end I am taking finding employment within the oil field companies on my own. the every day learning experience that comes with working within an oilfield – more... company is something that should be greatly appreciated with all the surrounding trades that you work with I can gladly say I am a well rounded individual – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Shell

Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, – Read more