Shell Employee Reviews

Could be better
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 December 2016
Work by yourself, have a RFB booklet you are supposed to do during the shifts, yet alot of employees failed to do so. Training needs to expand beyond the counter so that the store remains clean and product on shelves are rotated. You couldnt call in sick because they had no one to be back up. Had no concern for employee safety when didnt feel safe. No Raises given at all even if theyre employed for more then 3 or 4 years, There is no advancement, if offered to be trained in something higher up it has no increase in your wage and your basically doing it so they have less work to do
Pros
Work by self
Cons
no appreciation, benifeits, not steady hours
A day at Woodland Park Shell
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC12 November 2016
A typical day starts with emptying garbage bins, making coffee for the customers and making sure supplies at the pump are sufficiently stocked. Through out the day handling money transactions, helping customers and stocking shelves is the better part of the duties. At the end of the day inventory has to be made, the store floor must be mopped, the bathroom cleaned and the pumps wiped down to be ready for the next day.
Great Company to work for.
HSSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC7 November 2016
I have been working either directly or indirectly for Shell for 20 years and what I like about Shell is they have been a company that really works with the communities that are in the area. I have personally been involved in some of this and it is good to see a company put back into the communities and not just take.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Such a large company you need to be patient and follow the process
It's a pretty fun environment at my work place. We all get along and try out best to help each other as best we can, which I think is super important
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Westlock, AB24 October 2016
I have a lot of fun working at shell. It's super friendly and pretty well paced. People love the gas and service that we provide to them and they always come back. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to start practicing in the retail world.
Pros
You get lots of hours
Cons
It gets boring sometimes
believe in myself.
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thompson, MB29 September 2016
I have learn administration .I have learn read the faces and try to understand the people and perform my duties according to the demands .My always priorities to make my own customers and make them comfortable that they can come in my store with ease and create a good environment . When ever i just give training to a new employee i ask them be frank to the customers that they feel ease and enjoy your customer serves because it also help you a lot while dealing with them.
easy work with customer service
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON12 January 2017
the job was very simple but had little to no support from the manager when dealing with unruly customers. i loved the job for the customer service but building was poorly maintained and not easy to deal with.
Pros
full 8 hours shifts, well organised company.
Cons
poorly cared for, over bearing store owner
Enjoyed resolving a variety of technical challenges through Root Cause Analysis with Reliability Engineers.
Instrument and Valve Reliability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 September 2016
A great company to work for. I was given the required training and support to allow me to help resolve issues concerning plant equipment failures outside my normal trade skills. Facilitated Root Cause Analysis sessions for many incidents including major power distribution failures and a D11 Cat track failure.
Gas Station Attendant
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2016
Shell gas station was a great place to work to pay the bills. I enjoyed working with the staff and found each day very busy with gaining experience in convenience store sales and selling gas a lottery.

Each day was a little different with marketing and stocking the level of merchandise through the performance of promotions while following the lottery and tobacco laws. It was great experience for cash handling and preparing end of shift reports and cash drops for the next shift to begin.

The management was excellent and was always sure to provide you with side duties to keep you busy. The manager was great at training and directed most of the gas deliveries as a senior position.

The best part of the job was visiting with the customers and getting to know the staff in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Very busy gas station
Cons
Long hours of standing
Excellent opportunity for development
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2016
-Excellent managers and leadership
-Great learning opportunities
-Competitive culture
-Intern projects that develop students
-Competitive salary and benefits
Pros
Awesome benefits and random free food
Cons
HR is very slow to respond, always changing in structure
productive and enjoy to my work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, AB12 October 2016
ive learned from my work is how to deal with other people and how to handle a different situation and diffirend kind of attitude of people,to my co worker we work as a family and team were cooperating with each other the enjoyable part of my job is to give good service to the customer.
Excellent people to work with, environmentally responsible
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB14 September 2016
A very socially/environmentally responsible company that tries to maintain a safe working environment and a good work life balance. The employees are the best asset that they have. It was an easy place to go in to work every day.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
current path of management
Great Experience
Quality Measurement Instrument Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 November 2016
I had a pleasure to work with a great team and was exceptionally please with getting exposed to challenging but rewarding experience not only in operation but also in reliability and technology.
Pros
Great team to work for
Cons
Someone stress full at times.
A great place to work
Project Coordinator & Snr. Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2016
A company that provides you training both on the job and otherwise, to enable you do your work for mutual benefit. You are given the freedom to apply your knowledge and encouraged to seek help from peers and colleagues when you have difficulty.
Improvement as a person as-well-as Employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 November 2016
Good working environment
Co-workers were helpful
Most enjoyable part was greeting customers and talking with them
I learned how to be responsible and co-operative by working here
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Nothing Free
Productive and fun workplace
ADMIN ASSISNTANT/JUNIOR COMMERCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2016
Great company overall; downside is the fact that the oil and gas prices are not in its favour at the moment. Employees are scared and worries for their jobs and there's nothing really the company can do for it doesn't control the unstable market.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
Job Insecurity
I enjoyed working with other people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON14 December 2016
What I enjoyed the most about Shell is the customers. I served people in regards to gas purchases, lottery numbers, tobacco purchases, checking IDs and so on.
Pros
Got to work with the widest variety of people
Cons
Inflexible hours
internship for school
Administration and Project Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2016
No pay for an internship, which is expected. Great learning experience for schooling. I got all the information i needed each day and left feeling accomplished.
Pros
school credit
Cons
very part time and seasona
Tailings planning Intern
Tailings Planning Division Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2016
Great impact on knowledge and exposure and supportive team to help through deadlines.
Always a good place to start your career from.
Good for a inclusion in all the fields connected.
Pros
Great benefits
Safety Days
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 November 2016
Shell is the largest employeer in the world. Their committment to safety is amazing. Yearly a Safety Day was held for all employees - you actually learn something new each year.
Pros
Communications flowed freely
Cons
Long days
all team are fun to work with.
service attendant (Former Employee) –  airdrie canada5 January 2017
i had fun to work with them,to the superior up to the crews,they all cooperative and kind and there no problem to get a work schedule that fits on you and all the benifits are you surely will get it