Shell Employee Reviews

Productive and fun working
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2017
The working place was very clean. I was able to learn new things that how to operate a Gas station and how to deal with problems(mechanical and theft).
Very safety, career and performance minded
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB13 September 2017
I will always be grateful to have experienced the Shell safety cultured and will take it with me for the rest of my life.
Over 11 years, I have gone through 5 roles. There is always a new possibility for a career change.
Shell always works towards making high performers, those that are on the lower end do get some help however that depends on the direct supervisors. Be mindful, a low performer for Shell is likely an average performer anywhere else.
Shell has a ranking systems and based on that, some will make it to independent contributor, others into management positions and the few groomed to become VPs.
fast paced with lots of learning
Sales Attendant (Former Employee) –  Regina SK11 September 2017
Your day will fly by because there is cleaning customers and stocking to do. Safety is top of list of things to learn and if you good with multi-tasking you will love it here it is challenging.
Pros
easy shcedules
Cons
no breaks taken when you can
Highly structured workplace with good benefits.
Internship - Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2017
Shell is a well established company with many processes in place. For those that do not enjoy such structure, Shell is not the place for you. I enjoyed my work term as a coop student as they seemed to provide many opportunities to grow.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Many processes
Productive, fast-paced
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 September 2017
I enjoy working there, there's always something to do. Never a dull moment, always get to learn how to deal with different kind of customers.A nice place for people to work at.
bonne
commis (Current Employee) –  Batiscan, QC31 August 2017
jai beaucoup appris sur le fonctionnement d'un commerce comme celui si
Awesome company
Project Controls Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB29 August 2017
Shell treats its employees very well. Excellent work/life balance and compensation package. The job security however, is something that you can not rely on. Because of oil price fluctuations, even full-time employees are getting laid off.
Pros
work life balance and compensation
Cons
culture and unstable job security
Working with Shell growing every minute
Process Engineer - GTL (Former Employee) –  QA29 August 2017
Working with Shell growing every minute, as a process engineer I had learned a lot. The higher management team was so supportive, expert in their fields so in conclusion working under this supervision you will gain a massive technical knowledge such as preparing P&IDs drawing and modified it when it is required.

Good customers terrible boss
Cashier/ Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Shoal Lake, MB25 August 2017
The job postion itself was good, decent hours and good staff to help.The boss wasn't very good at what he was doing and he usuallywasn't even around if you needed a manager or some help.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
boss
Very good starting job
Manager Kathy Pratt (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON23 August 2017
Enjoyed working there, very first work experience, Was very educational. Learned a lot about customer service and dealing with issues that may pop up.
fun at job with lots of responsibilities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2017
Being independent was one of the best dreams of mine.And going to work is a fun experience.You meet new people every day of different cultures and different races. You won't believe that variety of people come there. There are many responsibilities also about security and hazards.
You have to be very Active while working.
Enjoyable and rewarding experience as a contract IT Consultant
Senior Business Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2017
Ability to work on various Retail IT projects while learning new skills across a diverse network of retail sites.
Point of Sale software plus inbound & outbound integration experience.
I choose it as I was student and need part time work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Comox Valley, BC13 August 2017
I liked to work here but It didn't provides me growth. I was flexible, good working environment, near from my home. I liked my supervisor. He was a nice guy. Always helped me.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not growth in career
Petroleum Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 August 2017
Typical day at work is database and software management.
I learned new skills and software.
Management is very supportive.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the nice building and offices.
good experience
Lead Civil QA (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 August 2017
It was a good experience working with shell. I worked closely to the management learned alot. All the required tool for the job was provided. All in all it was a good experience.

thanks
Global Opportunity - Challenging Environment
Logistics Coordinator for Major Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 August 2017
Working for Shell was a great experience. There was certainly al ot of highs and lows as the company has gone through great periods of transition lately and so many difficult decisions were made. Howver, Shell is supportive of scheduled and fair advancement, a leader in maternity (and paternity) leave for biological and adopted childen, provides an outstanding benefits plan and has endless opportunities for networks, education compensation, training etc.

I would go back to Shell in a heartbeat.
Awesome place to work
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB28 July 2017
I only worked there a short time, but i did enjoy my time there. All the staff and owner were very nice and professional. It have a nice work environment and very well organized. There was always lots to do and was never boring.
Pros
Free lunch and breaks, cash advances, constant work
Cons
Working alone.
Pas de commentaires...
Commis-caissière (Former Employee) –  Saint-Anselme, QC27 July 2017
L'endroit est mal situé, le dépanneur est mal coordonné. Très petit. Sous-sol bas, on se cogne partout. Peu d'espace pour chercher de la marchandise et la mettre dans le étagères.
Good company to work for.
Strategy (Former Employee) –  Canada21 July 2017
Success in Shell is massively dependent on your manager. Some are egomaniacs, with their own personal agenda, extremely difficult to work with. Company overall offers great learning opportunities, great benefits and a high stress work environment.
Pretty friendly job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 July 2017
It was a good job that wasn't too hard or physically demanding. They trained me well and made sure I didn't work alone until I was ready. Only problem was that I couldn't sit down for the whole 8 hours because it was frowned upon. Wasn't allowed to read/do homework/sit even when no customers were in the lot or store so there was nothing to do. That said, it was a pretty friendly job that I would consider doing again.
Pros
You can eat whenever (as long as you're behind the counter in case a customer comes in).
Cons
No sitting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.