Shell Employee Reviews

Fun and laid-back job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 April 2017
Working at Shell is sometimes laid-back but other times it can get busy. Training is stressful because there was rarely any down-time so you are put into it right away. The hardest part of the job was that you just had to last alone until the next shift person.
Turnaround Planner / Shutdown Planner (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 April 2017
4&3 shift, O/T paid at x2
Bonuses were good
Management fair
Camp life good
Benefits good
Overall people were good to work with.
Contractors paid well.
Good company with good work life balance
Exploration Geologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2017
Shell is a good company. The struggles of the industry at large has affected this company, but it is a good company. I enjoyed the work culture at Shell.
they suck
Cashier/customer service representive (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 April 2017
they are terrible people and i was sexually explotieded by my manager i felt like i didnt want to come to work anymore because of the harrassment i undertook
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
not bad
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC4 April 2017
Pretty straight forward job, quite easy to do, but god forbid someone calls into shell complaint. You can literally lose your job over the stupidest of reasons if it's called into the complaint line
Pros
Simple
Cons
Complaint line
Good compensation, poor management
Mine Optimization Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 April 2017
Shell Canada no longer exists so this doesn't really apply to anyone anymore. The new management may be very different. New and/or current employees are the best ones to speak to.
Great place to work but minimal job security
Manager Convenience Retail North America (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2017
Excellent pay, benefits and people to work with but with very little job security. Global organization with a matrix reporting relationship. So it may be difficult to have a cohesive country strategy
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Job security
Co-workers were great to work with
Clerk/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK28 March 2017
It was a good place to work. Shift work is required. Customer relations we're good. Co-workers were great to work with. Job was easy, and not to back breaking.
good experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON15 March 2017
loved working there. would get busy sometimes but overall liked working there. but hard to deal with some crazy people, they just enter the gas station for fun..
some co workers werent easy to get along with
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, AB13 March 2017
most times, a few workers were the easy ones to get a long with and the other one, she was rude and not an easy person to work with no matter how hard you tried to.
Laughter
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint-leonard, NB8 March 2017
I was a cashier, I greeted customers, I received and processed payments by cash, credit card or debit cards.Pumped fuel, card lock,cleaned, it was fun, a lot of laughing.
Pros
Laid back Management
Cons
shifts
Great people to work with
Project Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB6 March 2017
Shell was a great place to work. They trained their employees to very safe and to keep an eye out for your fellow workers. they had extracurricular activities for their employees and generally gave back to the communities.
Productive, Multi-tasking, multiple cultural environment and good safety culture
Senior Cost Estimator / Project coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 March 2017
A typical day at work was ensure safety planing in to all aspect of work. Daily involved in management and field work, multi-task on project estimation and coordination for multiple projects at a time. Everyday busy, Enjoyed a lot of training mostly tailored to company need and not external or experience diversity. Great place to work. Learned several cultural awareness.
Work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2017
I learned customer service customer is always rite and try to keep customer happy and my management was good they always help me to learn so many new things
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 March 2017
Its a fun job . I learnt management skills and worked in a multi cultured environment .It does not offer any benefits like health benefits or 2 weeks paid vacation .
OK for a student
Petrol Attendant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 February 2017
Typical gas station job, minimum wage, part time hours. Pumping gas, cleaning up the shop, selling snacks and the like. OK for a student, but not for someone who has a family to support.
Kept me busy but people weren't to friendly
Gas Attendant, Car Wash attendant, Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 February 2017
Didn't look forward to going in and didn't like how I was treated. Because I was the rookie they put off that I didn't know anything and wouldn't teach me much. Enjoyable parts of the job was when I got to go about on my own and just work.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Long Hours
Work with the public
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON26 February 2017
I liked working for Shell cause it gave me a chance to meet new people and grow friendships with the customers. It was a fun place to work cause it was fast pace and you work as a team to get the job done.
Pros
free car washes
Cons
Table tennis and gym (feels like always active)
Safety Watch (Former Employee) –  Canada22 February 2017
Challenge and different task jobs develop interest.
Appreciation build personality.
Security give long term planing...
fun atmosphere
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 February 2017
• Ensured proper safety procedures were followed
• Responded promptly and answered/resolved customer inquiries and complaints
• Learned how to Communicated directly with customers face to face
• Knowledgeable about products, services and kept up to date with changes
• Resolved service issues and/or product problems
• Ensured the maintenance and cleanliness of the salon was appropriate at all times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.