Shell Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast paced , inetense
Document Control lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABAugust 23, 2016
Great place to work if you like to be on your toes. Challenged daily to meet goals. Fabulous co worked and management. A great day to day environment. Great team to work with.
Good place. Well organised.
Sr. Process Engineer, Projects & Technology (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2016
Great place to work. Many friendly and nice people to interact with. Learned a great deal about workplace safety. A great opportunity to meet other people from various places around the world.
Pros
Good work culture.
Cons
IT leaves much to be desired.
good
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 4, 2016
Shell is good company and it takes care of their employees but due to recent lower oil prices shell decided to to outsource IT.
Pros
allowed to work from home
Exposure to work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ONAugust 1, 2016
This job gave me exposure to work environment.Moreover i got equipped with good communication skills with job. The management was really good. The hardest part of the job was long hours which indeed helped me with my ability to work more and on weekends also
wonderful company to work for
MARINE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  london, ukJuly 14, 2016
wonderful company to work for.
i never had any serious problems.
Awesome benefits.
Awesome family welfare policy.
good salary structure
very productive environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJuly 4, 2016
I really enjoyed working at bank. It was my first job where i gained a lot of knowledge and confidence to make myself comfortable with others.
Meet all sorts of different people
cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 26, 2016
A good place to start a job and you learn about all kinds of different people. it is fast paced demanding job. On a shift you work by yourself so you are the boss and you see co-workers when you change shifts and they are friendly people. The most enjoyable part of the job is you are doing service for people.
Pros
can take break whenever not busy
Cons
people come in while you are eating
very productive,fun working environment,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 25, 2016
It was very good experience working with Shell.I want to work again with Shell Gas Station.Very nice working environment.
Pros
flexible working hours
Horribly managed
Survey Technician (Former Employee) –  AlbianJune 22, 2016
Poor management. No dedication to employees or credit for hard work and commitment to the company. Many layoffs to save money but only in particular departments. Treated students poorly. Very prejudice. Not understanding of the students mistakes.
Pros
Decent amount of days off
Cons
Camp life
Confidence and Communication
Worked as a Cashier/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2016
I had always lacked communicating with other people but this job gave me an opportunity to work on my skills and make them better.
Dealing with customer and solving spontaneous problems gave me confidence for my bigger dreams.
Working Shell
Control &Automation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJune 16, 2016
The flexing working style is good and benefit both employ and the company.

Salary and benefit is a little bit lower than the industrial.

No job security, training and learning all depend on the manager you working for.

The company business long term stractage is not good.
enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 15, 2016
This was my first job in canada,I learn communication skills,Nice manager and coworker.Always ready to help.I got numerous WOW from head office.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Timing
Productive Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 14, 2016
On a typical day at work, I start off with counting my cigarettes and my lotto counts then get in my routine on what needs to be done around the store stocking, merchandising, mopping tidying the store.

Everyday i'm always learning new things and making it easier for me to do my work and making it better for me in the long run. My management is great very outgoing person very easy to get along with no hassle.

I love the co-workers i work with which the only time we see them is when were doing shift change which is only 10-15 minutes. Overall the staff that's there is great people. working alone would be maybe the hardest sometimes i would say because there is sometimes in an 8 hour shift you cant get much stuff that you would like to get done but you try your best at what you can do.

Overall I Come into my job knowning on what i'm going to get into which is great staff, great management and always having fun in the workplace.
Shell
Senior Petrophysicist (Technical Authority (TA2)) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 9, 2016
great company to work for, good skills development and good people to work with. i would not think of leaving unless the current situation is dictating so.
Pros
big orgnization
Cons
great cluture
Great company
Cost Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 5, 2016
Really enjoyed my time, sad I had to leave. Hopefully we cross paths again in the future. Great team and leaders. First class all the way, definitely recommend to anyone.
good company
Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABMay 25, 2016
Great pay, poor advancement and development opportunities unless you are an engineer. This is a company that was built by engineers for engineers. Not secure due to fluctuating oil prices.
Nice Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 23, 2016
Shell Gas Station, Poplar Drive, Grande Prairie (Alberta) has excellent work environment. Management is great. Co-workers are supportive.
fun work place because of sociable clients
Gas station Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 14, 2016
a typical day at Shell would be getting to work 15 minutes earlier than your normal shift. Make sure everything is in order, deal with clients in a professional way and close the shift properly.

I learned how to multi task because it is basically what you are doing most of the time. For example, interacting with clients, changing the gas price, check outside, etc.

The management is easy to get in touch with and usually cooperative.

My co-workers are great, they help me if I need any replacement.

The hardest part of the job would be placing inventory because it can take time and be heavy.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with clients because they have a lot to say since they are my usual clients.
Pros
free coffee, flexible hours, friendly coworkers
Cons
long hours, a lot of multi tasking, work outside and inside
Work life balance is good
BSA (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2016
For contractors, life is rather easy, employees help all the time, very good workplace. Normal pressure for delivery of projects but the management understands the risks and appreciates good work.
Pros
Good work life balance
nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 11, 2016
I get very less chance to work here due to schedule problem but how much time i a have work was quite good. Managers were good and learn lot about Canada's culture and lots more of experience facing many problems.