Shell

Shell Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
challenging
Manager/Retailer (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 28, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: far location
Being the retailer at Macs is a challenge.Its like running multiple businesses in one entity .A typical day would start by signing in to the lottery terminal ,prepare scratch tickets ,greet the morning customers who most times enter the store with me to get the newspaper,to make sure the milk order is in ,check the expiry date on the deli and sandwiches – more... to prepare the morning coffee and making sure all is ready for my customers in the shortest time.
I worked as an attendant ,and when my helper comes I shift to the manager duties in my little back office ,reporting the sales and all financial reports to the head office meeting the deadline in a timely manner .The hardest thing I faced there is long hours as sometimes I had to run a one person show and work for 16 hours .The only disadvantage of this business was the location being far from where I live ,not because of commuting to work but because of the difficulties to get there during extreme weather conditions as there was remote areas with no lights .I still find it a joy there because not only I made loyal customers ,they became my friends and I became a part of their community . – less
alright
Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 18, 2014
great place to work. not bad people. but it was always raining
Looking for a career that has more room for advancement, and better pay.
Sales Associate / Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Montomery Shell #1 highway- Transcanada ShellMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: having to wake up early, and be at work for 6am
A typical day at work would be to arrive 15 minutes early and open the store, and start on daily routine such as making several pots of coffee throughout the day, counting till, unlocking smoke cabinets, and outside windshield washer cabinets, filling up washer fluids outside for customer use, and for customers to buy, put squigees in buckets, refill – more... coffee cups, lids, napkins, stocking shelves, smokes, pop, chocolates, candy, writing down what needs to be ordered , counting smokes , cigars, snuff at end of shift, counting till, and doing end of day paper work.

I didn't really learn too much at this job, it was all straight forward things ive done before when I worked at 7eleven.

management was hardley around. they just came to do paper work from previous day , and pull out the smoke cartons I needed to fill shelves in front.

I usually didn't work with any other co-workers, except when I was training new employees who were going to work on the weekends, or evening shift.

The hardest part of my job would be when it gets really busy, and theres a line up, and I have to use the bathroom, and there is no other co-worker to help me manage the till at the time.

The part I enjoyed the most about this job, was meeting new people , making small talk, and socalizing with the regular customers.
I also enjoyed making a lists of things to do for the day and setting goals for myself, and rushing to get everything done before my shift was over. – less
too busy and no perks
Attendant (Current Employee), Alliston, ONMarch 7, 2014
single attendant on day shift
maintaining the station solo
maintaining cleanliness
interacting with customers
Productive work place with excellent management
Site Safety Leader (Former Employee), WaterlooFebruary 28, 2014
A typical day at work includes greeting customers, informing them about their transaction amount, up-selling the weekly deals, and answering general inquiries.The people who work at Shell are very reliable, enthusiastic and out-going so working with them was a pleasure.
I learnt a great deal about customer service, especially how to interact with a – more... wide variety of personalities. I also gained knowledge of cash handling, managing accounts and assisting with the day-to-day store operations. Apart from that, I trained four new employees during my time with Shell.
Although there were days when technical difficulties made working a hassle, overall my time at Shell was a great learning experience! – less
Good
Senior process Operator (Current Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABFebruary 26, 2014
Good place to work. Royal Dutch Shell is a very Global oriented company. Scotford has a lot of great people to work with.
Trainee
Customer Service Representative (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
First place ever got trained in all the quality control and production areas of the pharmaceutical industry as a trainee
Great employer Room for Growth.
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: room for growth and development.
Cons: centralized in calgary
Great employer with room for advancement.
Shell is a large company where you are able to develop your skills and work towards advancement. .
Fun Work Place
PEI Inspector (Current Employee), Scotford, AlbertaFebruary 17, 2014
it is a big company,
has good practices
co workers are great
------------------
-----------------
-----------------------
What a great company to work for.
Item Master Analyst-Contracting and Procurement (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: people
By far the best company and i was so sad leaving here. The people and work were fantastic. I would go back in a heartbeat if something was available.
Manager (Former Employee), Salvador, SKFebruary 12, 2014
Cons: long hours
Nice experience because show how to work well under pressure
Shell in a nutshell
Shell Trading and Operatins Trainee (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits!
Cons: big corporation
Great company to work for! I enjoyed the extra lunch and learns which were very educational and essential to my career growth. I especially love the yearly IDP and IPF's as they are a fantastic opportunity to further yourself.
Wonderul place to work, highly desirable work enviroment
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee), CanadaJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: free to talk and discuss problems with superiors
Cons: no extra pressure other than scope of work
Shell is an organization where people love to work everyday, the environment is friendly and supportive. Personal is Shell are trained to help colleague and coworkers. The system in Shell is designed that each person fully understand the responsibilities.
Its wa a great and fun people to work there
Sales rep (Former Employee), 354 dundas street eastDecember 16, 2013
I am going to miss working there. Whish they had enough hours to offer
Happy
Cashier (Former Employee), White Rock, BCDecember 3, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: i worked to cover other people shifts and some work for my own self to make better money, though there is no over time deal for me as well.
I loved my job because i knew what i was doing and on the top of that it matched with my nature to provide outstanding customer service.I got a lot love and respect from my company. But only they dont have any benfits, coverage with minimum pay.
Big company but good to work for.
Team Lead, Contracts and Procurement (Former Employee), Fort MacNovember 26, 2013
I never worked for them very long as it was only a 6 month contract and I had another job waiting for me.
if issue happens at field
Completion and Well Intervention Engineer (Current Employee), SiChuan,ChinaNovember 23, 2013
A call directly from field supervisor will ring up my phones. Then a detailed discussion about the issue will be through the phone. As a completion engineer, I will be the focal point of finding the solutions for the issue including engineering support, operations support and internal/external communications.
Great company to work for
Operation Readiness Management Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 22, 2013
Pros: free cofee
Always very challenging and rewarding. Very supportive management and many opportunities for growth.
Albian is the worst place to work in the Oil Sands
Safety Advisor (Current Employee), Albian Sands, Ft. McMurray AlbertaNovember 2, 2013
Pros: ok pay, albian camp not bad
Cons: no safety culture
I've worked on pretty much every oil sands site in Alberta and Albian is the worst. There is no safety culture and the systems they do have in place, are contradictory, aren't enforced and ignored. Production and deadlines are more important than safety. They have no New-to-Site worker plan, no BBS system, and no effective leadership in safety from – more... upper management. – less

SteveB – December 12, 2013

Albian used to be a great place until the current management and all his good ol' boys from Texas took over. They're intentionally making it a terrible place to work if you're from out of town or a contractor in the hopes you quit and they can replace you with a cheaper local. As a result they're losing good people with years of experience and replacing them with green hands that know nothing. There will be a major accident there in the very near future. Just wait.

Enjoyed every bit of work during the three years perid of project life
Lead Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2013
Pros: meeting the project schedules
Cons: extended days of work.
Review of various works, visit at vendors' shops in Canada, US and Europe, attend various meetings and prepare for various presentations.

I was lucky to have the full co-operation of all my engineers and project director.

I was rated very high in the project with high appreciation letters.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shell

Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, – Read more