Shell Employee Reviews

believe in myself.
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thompson, MBSeptember 29, 2016
I have learn administration .I have learn read the faces and try to understand the people and perform my duties according to the demands .My always priorities to make my own customers and make them comfortable that they can come in my store with ease and create a good environment . When ever i just give training to a new employee i ask them be frank to the customers that they feel ease and enjoy your customer serves because it also help you a lot while dealing with them.
Nice company with pleasent atmosphire to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  QatarSeptember 27, 2016
My company provide me training in various fields I come and learn what is safety and how it is important in everyone life. Apart from Safety requirement I learn first aid and Fire warden training.
Good but could use work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Westlock, ABSeptember 20, 2016
One of the employees while i was working there would normally be late on an everyday occurance. He would show up with drugs in his pocket or have just done them which made him very irritable to work with.
Pros
Enjoyed the customers
Cons
employees
Excellent employer
Supply Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 19, 2016
A typical day was busy but we were given a lot of flexibility to do our jobs. We also had a lot of support to do our jobs well should we feel we needed help. There was also a very good career management feedback and support.
Senior HSSE Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2016
- Coaching and mentoring role daily.
- Great management support.
- Great people to work with.
- Very large area to cover lots of driving
- Learning new things daily.
Pros
14 days on by 14 days off rotation
Cons
Being away from my family.
Excellent people to work with, environmentally responsible
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABSeptember 14, 2016
A very socially/environmentally responsible company that tries to maintain a safe working environment and a good work life balance. The employees are the best asset that they have. It was an easy place to go in to work every day.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
current path of management
Enjoyed resolving a variety of technical challenges through Root Cause Analysis with Reliability Engineers.
Instrument and Valve Reliability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 8, 2016
A great company to work for. I was given the required training and support to allow me to help resolve issues concerning plant equipment failures outside my normal trade skills. Facilitated Root Cause Analysis sessions for many incidents including major power distribution failures and a D11 Cat track failure.
Productive and fun workplace
ADMIN ASSISNTANT/JUNIOR COMMERCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2016
Great company overall; downside is the fact that the oil and gas prices are not in its favour at the moment. Employees are scared and worries for their jobs and there's nothing really the company can do for it doesn't control the unstable market.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
Job Insecurity
Fast paced , inetense
Document Control lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABAugust 23, 2016
Great place to work if you like to be on your toes. Challenged daily to meet goals. Fabulous co worked and management. A great day to day environment. Great team to work with.
Good place. Well organised.
Sr. Process Engineer, Projects & Technology (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2016
Great place to work. Many friendly and nice people to interact with. Learned a great deal about workplace safety. A great opportunity to meet other people from various places around the world.
Pros
Good work culture.
Cons
IT leaves much to be desired.
good
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 4, 2016
Shell is good company and it takes care of their employees but due to recent lower oil prices shell decided to to outsource IT.
Pros
allowed to work from home
Exposure to work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ONAugust 1, 2016
This job gave me exposure to work environment.Moreover i got equipped with good communication skills with job. The management was really good. The hardest part of the job was long hours which indeed helped me with my ability to work more and on weekends also
wonderful company to work for
MARINE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  london, ukJuly 14, 2016
wonderful company to work for.
i never had any serious problems.
Awesome benefits.
Awesome family welfare policy.
good salary structure
very productive environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJuly 4, 2016
I really enjoyed working at bank. It was my first job where i gained a lot of knowledge and confidence to make myself comfortable with others.
Meet all sorts of different people
cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 26, 2016
A good place to start a job and you learn about all kinds of different people. it is fast paced demanding job. On a shift you work by yourself so you are the boss and you see co-workers when you change shifts and they are friendly people. The most enjoyable part of the job is you are doing service for people.
Pros
can take break whenever not busy
Cons
people come in while you are eating
very productive,fun working environment,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 25, 2016
It was very good experience working with Shell.I want to work again with Shell Gas Station.Very nice working environment.
Pros
flexible working hours
Horribly managed
Survey Technician (Former Employee) –  AlbianJune 22, 2016
Poor management. No dedication to employees or credit for hard work and commitment to the company. Many layoffs to save money but only in particular departments. Treated students poorly. Very prejudice. Not understanding of the students mistakes.
Pros
Decent amount of days off
Cons
Camp life
Confidence and Communication
Worked as a Cashier/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2016
I had always lacked communicating with other people but this job gave me an opportunity to work on my skills and make them better.
Dealing with customer and solving spontaneous problems gave me confidence for my bigger dreams.
Working Shell
Control &Automation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJune 16, 2016
The flexing working style is good and benefit both employ and the company.

Salary and benefit is a little bit lower than the industrial.

No job security, training and learning all depend on the manager you working for.

The company business long term stractage is not good.
enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 15, 2016
This was my first job in canada,I learn communication skills,Nice manager and coworker.Always ready to help.I got numerous WOW from head office.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Timing