Shell

Shell Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Contract work
Data Entry Clerk (Contract) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Pros: very welcoming
Cons: project got terminated
Contract data entry as I've learned different ways of the process on oil and gas industry.
I've enjoyed the people I've worked with; the team was very welcoming.
Only worked there on a short period of time as the project got cancelled and some of us got let go.
It was a very good opportunity to gain more skills in the oil and gas industry and also to have met a great team.
Productive, fast paced and fun place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Staff christmas parties.
Relieve the morning staff, and help them finish up, then proceed with the evenings to do list.
efficient ways to handle inventory, and how to effectively serve customers.
Management was very reliable and effectively communicated.
Co-Workers were fun to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs was the dinner rush.
Good place to have a part time job
Sales Associate and Site Safety Leader (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: meet new people everyday and learn new safety procedures
Cons: less pay and no benefits
Every day I am able to meet many different people from different backgrounds. Every day I also learn about different safety scenarios and many different safety precautions we need to take to ensure no accident happens on site.
The hardest part of my job is to be able to please all the customers who come in tot the gas station and need assistance with pumping their gas or make payment.
Great Customers, Poor Management skills for the manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Liberty Street , Bowmanville, ONFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: excellent hours
Cons: poor management
Shell Canada on Liberty Street in Bowmanville, On was my first cashiering job. I enjoyed it. I never had time for my Fiance or friends but I enjoyed my job until my manager started to mix personal life with my work life. My manager had went and told my Fiance that I accidentally locked myself out on a night shift and that I was an idiot for locking myself out. She made me sit outside in the dark for an hour and a half. I would have loved to stay working with Shell because my boss was awesome, the pay was great and I was getting amazing hours. But the manager was the problem and still is. I would return to Shell if the boss hired a new manager, the manager abuses his/her position as a manager. The hardest part of my job was impatient customers or customers who liked to blame me for the gas prices. The enjoyable part was getting to meet so many people in my community.
Good Company
Survey Technologist (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayFebruary 17, 2015
Very good company to work for great work/life balance. Good compensation package friendly co-workers. Very good work schedule to balance work and family time.
It's been a terrific run
ACZ Truck Driver (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Sad to part ways with work colleagues and the business in general due to plant closure effective March 31, 2015. Overall it offered a great work balance, being home every weekend although there were rare occasions of overtime and weekend work. I learned a great deal about customer service being the face of Shell Canada delivering oil largely to auto shops and car dealerships.
Co-workers were knowledgable and helpful
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Corunna, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Usual days consisted of unloading trucks, shipping and receiving, handing out material to maintenance and contractors.
I have learned that safety is a frame of mind and should be on your mind with every task.
Management and coworkers were knowledgeable and helpful.
The most difficult part of the job was trying to come up with cost savings ideas.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting what the customer needed asap.
great workers
Clerical duties in AR, AP and reconcilliation (Former Employee), st catharinesFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: everyone is so friendly
It was a thrill working at shell, they are amazing employers and take great care of their employees. I've learned time management skills and social skills along with confidence.
Good company who provides lots of safety training
AZ Truck Driver (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Shell was a good company to work for,if you were willing to train to benifit you and the company they provided it. i would of stayed there to retirement only they are closing the last lubrication facillity in cananda
fun and easy place to work
cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2015
I learned how to use a till, do stocking. co-workers were easy to get along with. a typical day at work would be greet customers and help them of their needs.
Good place to work as an Employee
Turnaround Project Focal (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: team building - golf tourney
Cons: contractor resentment from coworkers. site parking!
I enjoyed the work balance between the office and the field. There was more than ample opportunity to earn new skill sets and practice them. I found the management to be very charismatic and interested in what I was working on and provided me opportunities to undertake added responsibilities. The hardest part of the job was maintaining good communication with key individuals assigned to the projects especially if some were away or on leave. To round it off I`d have to say it was a pleasure working with the Project Engineers and OR Coordinators who always demonstrated high levels of professionalism and diligence.
N/A
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: working independently
Cons: poor management
I worked alone a lot of the time, managers did not listen to concerns about sickness or needing time off. I was required to work when severely sick. Overall working independently was the best part, and the customers were always taken care of.
Electrical Technician
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: city
Fabrication and installation of cable trays, cable passage, terminations of electrical components to electrical code specifications, connection and termination of cables.
Limitless opportunities
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Fort SaskatchewanJanuary 14, 2015
Great company for any professional to join. Once you are in and can prove yourself there are many opportunities to work in one of many international locations.
Professional environment
Distribution Centre Administrator (Lubricants) (Current Employee), burlington, ontario, canadaJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great professional organisation
Cons: after working in shell difficult to find the similar job outside
Shell is a great Oil & Gas company to work with. worked in different roles and learned a lot.
Customer Service is first priorities
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 7, 2015
I enjoy working with my co-workers. I like team work. The hardest part of the job is machine are not working.
nice
Customer Service (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: work is fun
Cons: nothing
good company
Class "AZ" Driver (Current Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 29, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: closing distribution centre
i have grown with this company for 24 years. a typical day would see me up at 2 am, to work by 4, circle checks done, truck loaded and on the road making deliveries. the hardest part of the job has been watching the company slowly shutting down this department.
good comapany
Sales Executive (Current Employee), victoria bcDecember 11, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: too much expectations
I am happy but I want to work far a company where I can learn more and use my bilingual skills
productive /energitic
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 9, 2014
hard worker
easily engaged in team work
good customer service

1 2 3 4 5

About Shell

Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, – Read more