Shell Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Parttime Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES (FULL-TIME) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2017
Even tho it was a part time job working at a gas station for shell. If you have the right management to work with you enjoy your work a lot. This is the case that I had and I enjoyed by time while working there and never had any issues at all.
Pros
Free Car washes
Cons
No Cons
I choose it as I was student and need part time work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Comox Valley, BC13 August 2017
I liked to work here but It didn't provides me growth. I was flexible, good working environment, near from my home. I liked my supervisor. He was a nice guy. Always helped me.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not growth in career
More communicative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 June 2017
I worked for Shell around 7 months and my overall journey of Shell was prey good. While working in the Shell, I enhanced my communication skills and leadership skills.
Hard work
Customer service oriented Security and Safety (Former Employee) –  KW8 June 2017
It is your own business and put lots of time and money in the business. You should be ready any time to go to work.
Yes, you can make money and no live.
Shell
Site manager and Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ontario4 January 2017
Great company. Learned a lot.
Great place to work. Friendly environment. Great Co-Workers,supervisors and managers.
A day at Woodland Park Shell
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC12 November 2016
A typical day starts with emptying garbage bins, making coffee for the customers and making sure supplies at the pump are sufficiently stocked. Through out the day handling money transactions, helping customers and stocking shelves is the better part of the duties. At the end of the day inventory has to be made, the store floor must be mopped, the bathroom cleaned and the pumps wiped down to be ready for the next day.
Improvement as a person as-well-as Employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 November 2016
Good working environment
Co-workers were helpful
Most enjoyable part was greeting customers and talking with them
I learned how to be responsible and co-operative by working here
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Nothing Free
enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 June 2016
This was my first job in canada,I learn communication skills,Nice manager and coworker.Always ready to help.I got numerous WOW from head office.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Timing
nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 May 2016
I get very less chance to work here due to schedule problem but how much time i a have work was quite good. Managers were good and learn lot about Canada's culture and lots more of experience facing many problems.
The great outdoors
customer service (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON28 April 2016
The best part about my time as Shell was being able to sit outside and enjoy the summer when we were not busy. Working the car wash allowed a lot of outdoor time as well.
just for Money
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 February 2016
Among all the jobs that i did this was the one that i did only for the money but i really didn't liked it.
I was just working there to make some money while i searched for the job that ill love to do.
Pros
god pay
Cons
not so good work culture
Very flexible workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, SK7 January 2016
I very much enjoyed working at Shell, the people I met were unbelievable, and all the friendships I created working there made it all the more better.
I loved all the social interaction I got as I worked as a Cashier there.
The hardest part of the job... I would say, memorizing all of the cigarettes there were.
A typical day at work was, starting my shift, sometimes In the morning I would put on coffee, open the car wash, do cash outs, sign into the tills, do counts of lottery, cigarettes, scratch tickets, all that fun stuff and then go about my day and be a cashier, turn on gas pumps, ring things\people through for the things they needed.
I enjoyed the whole job, even cleaning the bathrooms at the end of the night.
Pros
meeting new people
Enjoyable Customers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pictou, NS29 December 2015
while working at Shell I enjoyed the interaction with the customer most. The day time hours were good, working out in the winter wasnt good. noisy enviroment. very agreeable boss
productive and fun
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2015
get to deal with new people (customers everyday).It improved my problem solving and money management skills. Now i can deal with customers more effectively and can handle jay-customers.
Pros
free coffee
A good learning experience for customer service and management skills.
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC4 June 2015
I normally do 6 am - 2 pm shifts and it is mostly the busiest time of the day. But working in such a fast paced environment helps me to handle customers, taking care of cash, keeping the store organised all at the same time and also working as a team with my co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is multi-tasking to ensure everything is going right in order to satisfy the needs of the customer but it s also the most enjoyable part of my job as it provides a great learning experience for me.
Pros
Healthy environment, free coffee, very systematic
Cons
basic pay, no breaks
Productive and fun place to work for. Regular customers are amazing!
Customer Service, Greeting (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville26 May 2015
Just an overall good place to work! Management team is amazing. Co workers are great. Your usual regulars are always friendly!
Productive, fast paced and fun place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC27 March 2015
Relieve the morning staff, and help them finish up, then proceed with the evenings to do list.
efficient ways to handle inventory, and how to effectively serve customers.
Management was very reliable and effectively communicated.
Co-Workers were fun to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs was the dinner rush.
Pros
Staff christmas parties.
productive, creative and team working
Gas Attendant/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 January 2015
excellent management and well paid company. i developed and conducted some projects; climate chnage, land use change and tree species diversity being a team leader.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
no benifits
Customer Service is first priorities
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 January 2015
I enjoy working with my co-workers. I like team work. The hardest part of the job is machine are not working.
busy environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 December 2014
A whole day is always very busy and lot of work to do for a single person to manage whole station himself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.