Shell Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Productive and fun working
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2017
The working place was very clean. I was able to learn new things that how to operate a Gas station and how to deal with problems(mechanical and theft).
Always busy and hectic during the day, calm and relaxing at night.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC16 July 2017
Working at Shell was bothersome at times. I did more work that what i was getting paid for and the store was always dirty when i came on shift. No breaks either, which has to this day made me have pain and aches in my knees.
Pros
Free coffee and slurpees
Cons
no breaks, standing for a long period of time
good place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC25 June 2017
good for the students and less educated, always there is a supporting staff to help you out in any trouble. manager are always cooperative. they can set the shift according to your timings.
Nothing to say
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 June 2017
No positive reviews for this place.
Was hired on full time then kept going down hours after 2 or 3 mths to being dimissed...Not impressed with the way the Manager operates his business
Well managed workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hope, BC17 May 2017
typically my day at works consists of running customers through the till, assisting people at the pumps and pumping propane. As well as closing cleaning/management duties. What makes me enjoy going to my job is the management, I work for great people which makes going to work a lot easier. The job is pretty stress free other than the odd difficult customer
Pros
discounted store items
Productive and very busy place to work! Enjoyed the staff!
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2017
You had customers to deal with regarding fuel purchase,lotto purchase and merchandize as well as upselling! I enjoyed the customers and you got to know the regular ones. Great place to work kept busy and your shift went fast! It could get pretty hectic at times! Enjoyed the times making fresh coffee,cleaning and stocking shelfs and the coolers which gave you a break from the front cashier! Cashing out at the end of your shift with the other cashier could get hectic especially when you didn't balance or were out in lotto, cigarettes or cash! I had a great boss who was funny and encouraging!
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
It could get quite busy at times!
fun with co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alberta13 May 2017
good with customer service, on site dutys well known. have a positive and clean environment. well uniformed and excellent timings. surveys taken and given.
Family environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB9 May 2017
I Learned many things after working shell. I developed my communication skill, my confidence and great customer dealing. my relation with my Manager is like a family member
Pros
enhance communication skill
Cons
fear about safety
productive customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 April 2017
- learning new communication skills
- interacting with new people
- cash handling
- shifts were good depending on my time
- working in a team was comfortable
they suck
Cashier/customer service representive (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 April 2017
they are terrible people and i was sexually explotieded by my manager i felt like i didnt want to come to work anymore because of the harrassment i undertook
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Shell gas station is good place for part time job while studying in the college
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
when we socialize with customers from different societies and cultures we gained lots of qualities, habbits, knowledge and skills. This experience helps us to improve our standards of life.
It's a pretty fun environment at my work place. We all get along and try out best to help each other as best we can, which I think is super important
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Westlock, AB24 October 2016
I have a lot of fun working at shell. It's super friendly and pretty well paced. People love the gas and service that we provide to them and they always come back. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to start practicing in the retail world.
Pros
You get lots of hours
Cons
It gets boring sometimes
I love to communicate to different people.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 October 2016
My current job at Shell gas station is awesome, i like that job. My job there is to
• Receive payment in exchange of filled gas or goods from the convenience shop
• Make receipts and bills for customers
• Price and shelf incoming goods
• Calculate total payments received at the end of the day to tally with goods sold and more
productive and enjoy to my work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, AB12 October 2016
ive learned from my work is how to deal with other people and how to handle a different situation and diffirend kind of attitude of people,to my co worker we work as a family and team were cooperating with each other the enjoyable part of my job is to give good service to the customer.
Great Customers through out the night.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB2 September 2016
The people I serve during my work night are served with respect and good costumer service. I learned cash management skills.i enjoy working with people. My co-workers are great people and easy to get along with.
About Shell
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON23 August 2016
It was a great first job experience. Got very boring at times. Had to work alone most of the time. Learned a lot from this job.
Pros
Very good management
Cons
Boring
Exposure to work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON1 August 2016
This job gave me exposure to work environment.Moreover i got equipped with good communication skills with job. The management was really good. The hardest part of the job was long hours which indeed helped me with my ability to work more and on weekends also
Productive Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 June 2016
On a typical day at work, I start off with counting my cigarettes and my lotto counts then get in my routine on what needs to be done around the store stocking, merchandising, mopping tidying the store.

Everyday i'm always learning new things and making it easier for me to do my work and making it better for me in the long run. My management is great very outgoing person very easy to get along with no hassle.

I love the co-workers i work with which the only time we see them is when were doing shift change which is only 10-15 minutes. Overall the staff that's there is great people. working alone would be maybe the hardest sometimes i would say because there is sometimes in an 8 hour shift you cant get much stuff that you would like to get done but you try your best at what you can do.

Overall I Come into my job knowning on what i'm going to get into which is great staff, great management and always having fun in the workplace.
A good student or side-job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 April 2016
It is fairly flexible to work a variety of the three shifts available (7AM-3PM, 3PM-11PM, 11PM-7AM) on a part-time or full-time basis as the manager usually manages several stations in the area. People come and go as well, thus freeing up shifts.

The salary is what you can expect from a gas station job regardless of your education, experience, or how long you have been there.

There are virtually no opportunities for advancement at Shell's retail locations. Even transferring from retail to the other business sectors is virtually impossible or there is no consideration for the fact you are a Shell employee. Job security is very good as long as you perform well.

Management depends on the location you are at, my manager was very good and was very invloved in the operation of the stations and understanding when it came to customer complaints from the view of both the employee and customer. Corporate management is a bit different, they keep trying to socially engineer every interaction with every customer. This makes customer service more robotic/animated as opposed to genuine and it makes both the employee and customer cringe a little.

Cannot say much about the job culture. You will have to deal with bad customers calmly regardless of the situation no matter what. If you cannot take a verbal berating lying down, don't take this job.
Pros
Free coffee, slushies, car washes
Cons
Socially engineered customer service and the odd bad customer
Fun and Respectful place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albert Bridge, NS28 March 2016
I loved working here during my time. As the work staff and the lay out of the store were very nice. As it gave me lots of beneficial experience in customer services.
Pros
half off lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.