Shell Employee Reviews

Love to work in customer field
Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 February 2017
I love to work in piece environment. Like to deal with customers. Always enjoying my work, never leave work pending. I have a good communication and organizing skills.
Good people and challenging professional opportunities
Petrophysical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 February 2017
The company has a culture of respect, diversity, and a focus on safety. In my personal opinion, the company is better at production than exploration. There is a general sense of constant reorganization . This tends to be a source of stress within the professional staff. On balance, it is a good work environment.
Shell is an Excellent Company to work with,
Integrated / Operations/ Turnaround Planning Lead (Current Employee) –  Neitherland14 February 2017
Shell is an Excellent Company to work with, however job security is not guaranteed.
Work/ life balance, Safety is given top priority, Excellent Salaries, stress less work,
Job security is not guaranteed. Once assignment/ contract completed, there's very less chance for its extension
productivity
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 February 2017
offering products and services to customers, providing exceptional customer service and maintaining a clean environment
Very production orientated
Senior Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Shearwater3 February 2017
Shell are a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies employing an average 93,000 people across the world.

Shell have operated in the UK since 1897.
Pros
Good companyn to work for if you are carear orientated.
Cons
Work life balance very tipped to one side.
Challenge
Shell (Former Employee) –  Alberta30 January 2017
Great company to work for in regards to people, company incentives, and opportunities to learn so much. My resume was easily enhanced from all the opportunities available to take advantage of. We were challenged constantly to be innovative and present efficient ways to improve on our services. I enjoyed the constant challenge.
I enjoyed my job at shell,my boss was knowledgeable and veryhelpful. It was a friendly atmosphere.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB30 January 2017
Friendly staff,clean working station, wages were very competative,We had benefits,Staff all pulled together to get the duties done in a timely and accurate manner.It was pleasant to work there
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2017
Excellent company, really values it's people. Hires great people and promotes work life balance, safety and environmental responsibility.
easy work with customer service
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON12 January 2017
the job was very simple but had little to no support from the manager when dealing with unruly customers. i loved the job for the customer service but building was poorly maintained and not easy to deal with.
Pros
full 8 hours shifts, well organised company.
Cons
poorly cared for, over bearing store owner
very good
Gas Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 January 2017
very lovely place to work the management was very understanding and caring fo your well being they provided a very fun working enviroment
Excellent, flexible employer
Senior Turnaround Planner (Current Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB9 January 2017
fantastic safety culture, great team atmosphere and very supportive management team. Overall, a wonderful experience.
all team are fun to work with.
service attendant (Former Employee) –  airdrie canada5 January 2017
i had fun to work with them,to the superior up to the crews,they all cooperative and kind and there no problem to get a work schedule that fits on you and all the benifits are you surely will get it
Shell
Site manager and Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ontario4 January 2017
Great company. Learned a lot.
Great place to work. Friendly environment. Great Co-Workers,supervisors and managers.
Fun and supportive management made work feel like home
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2017
I worked my way up by staying employed at shell for 6 years. I gained great customer service and cash handling experience. I learned how to sell items and how to make small talk with customers. I am very confident in my customer service abilities due to my experiences with shell. Day to day life at shell was fun due to my open minded and caring manager. The whole shell team was super friendly and helpful. I never once felt like I hated my job and I would definitely recommend university students to take up a job at a gas station. They were very understanding about school priorities and exams. The hardest part of the job was definitely delivery day. Deliveries were always done during the day so we were required to juggle customers and put away inventory properly. The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections with the customers and seeing an increase in the number of customers that made our gas station a part of their daily coffee routine.
Pros
Free slurpees on really long hot summer days
Cons
Prolonged periods of standing
Could be better
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 December 2016
Work by yourself, have a RFB booklet you are supposed to do during the shifts, yet alot of employees failed to do so. Training needs to expand beyond the counter so that the store remains clean and product on shelves are rotated. You couldnt call in sick because they had no one to be back up. Had no concern for employee safety when didnt feel safe. No Raises given at all even if theyre employed for more then 3 or 4 years, There is no advancement, if offered to be trained in something higher up it has no increase in your wage and your basically doing it so they have less work to do
Pros
Work by self
Cons
no appreciation, benifeits, not steady hours
Excellent opportunity for development
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2016
-Excellent managers and leadership
-Great learning opportunities
-Competitive culture
-Intern projects that develop students
-Competitive salary and benefits
Pros
Awesome benefits and random free food
Cons
HR is very slow to respond, always changing in structure
I enjoyed working with other people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON14 December 2016
What I enjoyed the most about Shell is the customers. I served people in regards to gas purchases, lottery numbers, tobacco purchases, checking IDs and so on.
Pros
Got to work with the widest variety of people
Cons
Inflexible hours
internship for school
Administration and Project Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2016
No pay for an internship, which is expected. Great learning experience for schooling. I got all the information i needed each day and left feeling accomplished.
Pros
school credit
Cons
very part time and seasona
Administration
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, alberta24 November 2016
Very good place to work. Benefits and salary very competitive. Also included are flex days and a very good benefits package. I would recommend this company to others.
fun working meeting new people everyday.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 November 2016
I have learnt a lot from this job. Management is really good and helpful. Usually i have to stand at the counter for payments or serve people on full-serve station.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
no breaks