Shell

1.1K reviews

Shell Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to know about process engineering
Technology Improvement Intern (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Work at site with several classmates
Learned about the process of pipeline for both the oil and gas.
Learned how to use CAD
Productive And Fast Learner
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 2, 2016
I like to work in a team rather than working alone. I like sales the most and i always learn new techniques to promote a product.
Completions Engineer
Field Completions Engineer/On-Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Foothills, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Shell was an excellent company to work for. I benefited from excellent training, both formal and through mentor-ship.
great safe learning experience
Power Engineer Apprentice (Former Employee), Peace River, ABJanuary 24, 2016
it was a great experience to learn from and a great place to learn in.
although it was only for three summers I enjoyed the people I worked with and each days daily runs and checks/ safety meeting.
when I worked there it was an odd shift schedule witch made it hard, life was planned around work.
Wonderful Company
Site Information Manager Document Control (Former Employee), Albian Sands/ CalgaryJanuary 8, 2016
My Time at Shell Canada was a great Experience. The Work Ethic was amazing and everyone was respectful of one another. I would recommend Shell to anyone that wants to apply there.
Was alright!
instrumentation (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Great pay
Cons: to performance focused
Working for shell canada was awarding first but soon you realize that it is very much I mean way to much performance base where you completely rely on other departement performance in order to succeed within your job. Therefore, its somewhat bias when it comes to individual performance.
What I learned with this company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 21, 2015
Pros: Dinner banqets
Cons: No overtime
First company I worked for in the oil sands. Worked with Sycrude for l
many years and learned a lot of values with home and work life.
shell
foreman on tools and A QC (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABDecember 20, 2015
I worked directly with shell's qa qc it gave me the advantage of knowing exactly what shell would except therefore only having to do the job once therefore he keeps me on schedule of whats on task
Global Company
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Middle EastDecember 6, 2015
Pros: Lots....
Cons: none...
Great assignments and projects.

Supportive management. Enjoyed trainings and courses.

Job rotation and great learning!
Very good company
project manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 3, 2015
PMP focus. Great people to work with. Will like to come back when there is a chance. Very good working enviornment with lots of professional who will treat you with respect.
its fun working at shell
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee), Cold Lake, ABDecember 2, 2015
gained a very good knowledge of customer service, personality types and consumer behaviour. Their well-prepared training modules make it understand very easily.
Résumé
Caissière (Former Employee), Saint-hubert, QCNovember 19, 2015
Balancer les caisses,
Gestion de la marchandise
La partie la plus difficile était la fermeture des magasins
C'était agréable de travailler autant avec mes collègues qu'avec mes supérieurs.
Gas attendant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCNovember 19, 2015
Pros: Love interacting with the customers
Cons: you can be by your self all day with no breaks
Generally a fun place to work A typical day would be serving the customers, do stocking, making sure you have fresh coffee, coffee and Slurpee center area is cleaned and work on till. I learned a lot from doing the same thing everyday the most I enjoyed about my day was seeing customers everyday. I had some interaction with my co-workers but not much. The hardest part of my day was if an emergency came up I was the only one there to deal with it.
free reign but not enough hours
Floor Steward (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 13, 2015
as a floor steward I was given a fair run of an office building after hours, which was exciting and fun, pay was wonderful but unfortunately, hours were few and far between making it hard to stay on.
Millwright (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 12, 2015
Pros: Staying in camp more free time after work.
Cons: Don't mind long hour
Great place to work co-worker are great .Working through the years gain more experienced everyday.A lot of new equipment to learn and challenge on every day job.
large environmental job
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2015
Pros: No lunch unless you bring your own
Cons: Maximum 8 hours shift
It is really easy and fun job, specially when it comes to an customer service. The advantage is you get to see all kind of people everyday and by talking to them gaining experience and a good relationship through them.
great starter place to learn the ropes of work place.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 6, 2015
Place to work for must be team oriented as well as organized to result in a successful team. seasonal work and has low season to save up for but when busy it has its own rewards. I liked the variety of trades involvements to learn from.
Fun but not very fine due to night timing job
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Free Health Benefits
Cons: Night Shift timings
Cashiering
Checking inventory of goods sold and remains.
Maintaining good services to customers.
Maintaining good customer service
Fast paced retail environment
Store Supervisor (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCOctober 26, 2015
Typical work day at shell revolves around making sure guests receive exceptional customer service while the team exceeds the sale and promotions targets.
Great place to work with a fun, safe environment
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Fort McKay, ABOctober 23, 2015
Great place to work with amazing people. Management was very supportive in bettering ones self. There can be some days where nothing goes the way you think it should, and other days where it felt like everything was going just as you imagined. The most enjoyable part of my job was working alongside my coworker i worked with everyday, created a great relationship il always have and learned a lot from him.
Headquarters