Shell Employee Reviews

Parttime Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES (FULL-TIME) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2017
Even tho it was a part time job working at a gas station for shell. If you have the right management to work with you enjoy your work a lot. This is the case that I had and I enjoyed by time while working there and never had any issues at all.
Pros
Free Car washes
Cons
No Cons
Manager
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 November 2017
Handle customer complains all the times and when you are able to solve it and makes them happy was the hardest part. Working as a team was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Bonne enviromment
Caissier (Current Employee) –  Baie-Comeau, QC12 November 2017
Une très belle qualiter d'environnement, une bonne équipe, etc.
a good team work envirionment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 November 2017
great management with a good group of employees . I learned cash management skills. i enjoy the people that visit the store . great environment to work in . a typical day at work is when we have a lunch rush at work it makes a busy day go by faster.
Loved working there
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB9 November 2017
Very fast paced job, always lots to do, had a great time working there, as time went so quickly from all the tasks. Would go back if the opportunity came back.
Professionelle
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Repentigny et Terbonne8 November 2017
Ce milieu est très professionnelle. Il faut être à son affaire et faire les tâches demandés. Beaucoup de chose à retenir, mais très facile à apprendre. Moins de travail d'équipe puisque nous sommes souvent seule. Beaucoup d'heure de travail sans pause et sans diner ou souper. Parfois c'est plus calme , mais parfois il y a beaucoup de client.
Pros
On peut être dans sa bulle
Cons
Pas des pauses ou de diner, debout très longtemps
Global company with strong interest in the best people
Process and Data Integration Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2017
Shell trained me during my career, offered lots of opportunities and valued Diversity & Inclusion. Like a lot of Oil & Gas companies, cost management caused the company to offshore as much as possible to reduce costs and concentrate their efforts on areas with long term potential.
Pros
great oportunities
Cons
limited opportunities in Canada
Travail d'été
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC31 October 2017
Toujours en lien avec le service a la clientèle ça m'a permit d'avoir plus d'expérience avec le client.
Pros
l'horaire
Cons
pause
I enjoyed my summer Co-op
Summer student (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON22 October 2017
I enjoyed my summer co-op here and I would consider a full time offer if one became available. The work environment is very fasted paced and they have a competitive benefits package.
its gives a lot of experience in customer service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 October 2017
its good work place in beginning level for start up life & future.
it's really fun job when you love to serve good service .
I really want to go further in future

Want to know more about Shell?

Ask a question
Learned more the Customer Service
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2017
I learned so many things working in shell Gas Sation were the prioritize the safety of everyone. Learned how to deal with a different kind of customer. I am able to learn different culture and get along with my co-worker. The hardest part of the job is when you are working alone and have some problem outside and you need to attend them. But the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting good customers, learn something from them and listening to their stories.
Pros
Good employer
Cons
Working alone
Enjoyed working there, like interacting with customers
Cashier/Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Wembley, AB14 October 2017
Enjoyed the job working with the public. Would still be there if Shell hadn't closed down location.My boss was very easy to work for and understanding, for needed time off.
Pros
Enjoyed my job with coworkerand customers
Cons
closed down business
Job here is quite moderate it’s not so good and not so bad!
Store Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2017
Firstly they do not provide a fresh uniform!! Secondly they delay the payment!! The should at least provide a fresh uniform and clear the payment as soon as possible because I’m a student and I have to pay my due bills!!
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Delayed payments
First impressions are very important in this job
Sales Associat (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 October 2017
First impressions are very important in this job. The moment one begins to communicate with a customer, one is being judged. The way one communicates with a customer will not only influence how the conversation develops, but the overall impression of the CSR and the organization they represent.
environnement de travail agréable
Caissier/pompiste (Former Employee) –  Venise-en-Québec, QC4 October 2017
Belle job! Le personnel est chaleureux & amicale. Au pompe tu peux faire bien du tips
Pros
café gratuit
Cons
courtes pause
Productive and fun place to work in
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  windermere,Edmonton,AB25 September 2017
It has Friendly environments, Its wages aren't that good. Sometime long hours to get yourself smooth on the expenses. Most of the time bosses asked you more work.
Productive and fun working
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2017
The working place was very clean. I was able to learn new things that how to operate a Gas station and how to deal with problems(mechanical and theft).
Very safety, career and performance minded
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB13 September 2017
I will always be grateful to have experienced the Shell safety cultured and will take it with me for the rest of my life.
Over 11 years, I have gone through 5 roles. There is always a new possibility for a career change.
Shell always works towards making high performers, those that are on the lower end do get some help however that depends on the direct supervisors. Be mindful, a low performer for Shell is likely an average performer anywhere else.
Shell has a ranking systems and based on that, some will make it to independent contributor, others into management positions and the few groomed to become VPs.
fast paced with lots of learning
Sales Attendant (Former Employee) –  Regina SK11 September 2017
Your day will fly by because there is cleaning customers and stocking to do. Safety is top of list of things to learn and if you good with multi-tasking you will love it here it is challenging.
Pros
easy shcedules
Cons
no breaks taken when you can
Highly structured workplace with good benefits.
Internship - Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2017
Shell is a well established company with many processes in place. For those that do not enjoy such structure, Shell is not the place for you. I enjoyed my work term as a coop student as they seemed to provide many opportunities to grow.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Many processes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.