Shell Gas Station

Shell Gas Station Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Norristown, PAOctober 12, 2014
Opening and closing the store, making coffee and breakfast sandwiches and hot dogs, managing the cash register, and cleaning.

My management and co-workers were awesome.Hardest part of the job was the extra early shifts and the extra late shifts,but i enjoyed the job because you got to meet all kinds of people form different walks of life.
Was always fun working,i miss my customers
Cashier/stocker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 6, 2014
My every day at work was always good because i used to like my job and my customers too.In MANAGEMENT SOME ONE REQUIRES SOME WISDOM TO UNDERSTAND EACH AND EVERY ONE YOU ARE WORKING WITH BECAUSE DIFFERENT PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT WAYS OF LIVING AND THINKING
Working at a Gas Station
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Norwalk, CASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: getting paid every other friday.
Cons: working alone, no benefits.
There were times I was scared of working at gas station from, 6pm to midnight because you will never know when they will come and rob the store. The good thing I have not experience a scare like that while I was working. But I met a lot of nice co-workers and helpful.
overall good atmosphere, worked independently for 90% of the time, was managers assistant and delt with daily paperwork on weekends.
Gas Station Attendant/ Manager's Assistant (Former Employee), Tracy, CASeptember 23, 2014
I worked alone 90% of the time. This position was overall positive, I just felt that the area in which it was located made me feel unsafe, especially with its history of robberies. I felt I could use what I have learned there and apply it to a new line of employment while also feeling much safer.
caisher duties and invetaory
CUSTOMER SERVICE.- (Former Employee), bglades road boca raton flSeptember 22, 2014
Primary staff onsite operating the station. Cleaning and maintaing safe work enviorment.
a good job to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Hacienda Heights, CASeptember 19, 2014
this job was one of the best jobs that I had. I learned many safety guidelines that must be followed. I cleaned the bathrooms the outside pump area. I then helped disabled customers pump as into their cars. the manager was good didn't really get on your case if you were doing your job right
busy shell gas station
Retail Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: easy money
Cons: not enough pay
i worked for a busy gas station in the tampa bay area that included inventory control, stocking beverage cooler, customer service, lottery counts and services, cash handling and cash deposits, make bags of ice, cleaning duties
Fun and nice place to work
Sales clerk (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZSeptember 16, 2014
Shell was always a fun place to work due to my co-worker he always made work a fun environment. There wasn't a day he didn't have a smile on his face or joking around with the customers.
A fast paced service station
Cashier (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: free drinks, meet a wide variety of people
Cons: no breaks, no benbifits, low pay
I worked the afternoon and graveyard shifts. The graveyard shift is usually quiet. There is enough time to get everything stocked and cleaned before the next shift started at 6 AM. This shift helped my manage my time when things are a little slow.
The afternoon shift tended to be very busy with some down time between customers. There have been times – more... when you can get the bulk of your daily duties as cashier done, but not everything. During this time of day, the main things to watch for was shoplifting. I learned to watch the store, and run the P.O.S. at the same time.
This job taught me to remain calm in a variety of different situations. To be watchful at all times, in case of health/safety hazards, shoplifters, and people who speed through the parking and filling areas. With the different people who came into the store, and my co-workers, I also learned that it is best to try to understand other people. People of different nationalities can bring new knowledge about something that you know about, and teach you something new.
The hardest part of the job would be not having any breaks. As the only clerk on sight at any given time, you have to be present all the time. It gets a little tiring, so you have to make sure not to get bored. As only one person is on shift at a time, there is always something to do.
The most enjoyable part of the job (to me) was the occasions when a customer would come in, and he/she would be in a foul mood. I would try to listen, and speak to this person, and more often than not, this person left feeling at least a little better. – less
Shell was a really good place to work and good management and pay alright
cashier (Former Employee), Winona, MSAugust 28, 2014
Pros: really good place to work and boss were good with there employees
Cons: pay was not that good
Shell was a really good place to work and they had good management and the pay was alright the bosses were really good to there employees.
poor managment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Darien, ILAugust 18, 2014
the job was nice the co-workers were awesome but the management was not so good at all
great work place
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Nehalem, ORAugust 14, 2014
it was a great place to work, when you need help there was always some there to help, always something to keep bussy, I was able to learn a little of the cashier but was not very good at it.
I was better at stocking the selves and doing the gas pumps
easy
gas station retail clerk/ mechanic (Former Employee), Green Valley, AZAugust 7, 2014
working with elderly, having patience, must be able to do that.
loved learning about cars and getting to know the locals
was a great work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Tuba City, AZJuly 30, 2014
the work environment was great a great manager to work with and employees were very productive
fun work place
Cashier/Manager (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 30, 2014
Enjoy being in the presents of good fun loving people that have a positive attitude
Productive and fun work place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 21, 2014
I would come in and count my draw down to make sure it was right. Then I would I count my cigarettes and tobacco. After that I would wait on the customers. If I didn't have any customers I would go out to the lobby and wipe the counters down and take out the trash. I would stock the shelves and the coolers. I would sweep and mop the lobby. I would play – more... the customers lottery and I would do money orders if necessary. I would clean the bathroom and clean the parking lot. I learned how to be patient with customers and I learned how to be fast. I learned how to work the money order machine. I learned how to print out my paper work and I learned how to do my paper work. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people. The hardest part of my job is dealing with some customers that might be having a bad day that day. – less
Does not care for the safety of there employees
Customer Service Greeting every customer (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 15, 2014
Customer service, Daily count of supplies co-workers are great, management does not care as long as gas is being sold and the sales are up to them everything is fine.
positive work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 15, 2014
the job was easy not that hard.The only hard days was on Friday when delivery came
Fast paced fun learning experience.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ashland, KYJuly 13, 2014
Really enjoyed working there. Management was great and worked well with my schedule. The hardest part was when systems would go down. The most enjoyable was meeting new people all day.
good job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Murphysboro, ILJune 27, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: closed down
shell was a good place to work for until they close down would of still been working for them if they where still opened