Shell Gas Station Employee Reviews

Energetic Job
Sales Associate / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 September 2013
•Estimated or quoted prices, credit terms, trade-in allowances, warranties and delivery dates
•Prepared merchandise for purchase, rental or lease
•Prepared sales, rental or leasing contracts and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment
•Assist in display of merchandise
•Maintained sales records for inventory control
•Operated computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
•Promoted quickly to assistant store manager
•Prepared weekly orders and organized merchandise on store shelves based on the sponsor’s requirements
•Managed financial aspects of the shift
•Learned how to deal with the different cultures
Excellent Mangment but not enough Salary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 December 2012
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting. On a typical day last week, we had a late change from the client to deal with.
I have learn from working at Shell Gas Station how to handle any angry customer who is not happy with anything .
The management was very nice and respectful to me and all other staff.
Nothing was hard at that job
the most enjoyable part of this job is servicing customers in high energy level and working with my co-working with one heart.
A typical but flexible work environment
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2014
A typical day would consist of multiple duties for the shift and the attendant must find the time throughout his/her shift to complete these tasks. I have learned costumer service skills. Co-workers are very approachable and have a set schedule and switch working days if need be. Management has a simple goal in mind which is to sell as much inventory as possible. The hardest part of this job is dealing with intoxicated customers and other troublemakers. The most enjoyable part is the service well served.
Fun workplace with collecting and counting the cash
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2013
Afternoon time is very typical at my work place because it is so busy time,in between we have to adjust our sales.It is a business time so we get all the delivery stuff in the noon so we have to check it.So many works we have to do in the afternoon.I handle this time by using my time management,communication and leadership skills.
Counting the cigarettes is the hardest part of the job.Collecting and counting the cash is most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free Cofee
Cons
Risk of Robbery
Standard job for people who want or can learn about a little more than just "how to work a cash register".
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 June 2012
On a daily basis there is always more than one job to do at this particular workplace, I usually: do product stocking, cleaning, deal with customer complaints, stock outdoor necessities, deal with minor car wash issues, inventory check, greet all customers, process lottery tickets and distribute winnings, active upselling to all customers, and site safety leader duties. I learned how to do all of these for over the two years I was working there. The co-workers were kind people who supported each other at times of difficulty. The hardest part of the job was getting license plates for drive-offs. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
when carwash breaks down, we get double the complaints
Use of electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment, processing credit or debit card transactions
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2012
On a daily basis there is always more than one job to do at this particular workplace, I usually: do product stocking, cleaning, deal with customer complaints, stock outdoor necessities, deal with minor car wash issues, inventory check, greet all customers, process lottery tickets and distribute winnings, active upselling to all customers, and site safety leader duties. I learned how to do all of these for over the three months I was working there.The co-workers were kind people who supported each other at times of difficulty. The hardest part of the job was getting license plates for drive-offs. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers.
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  mississauga30 April 2015
• Greet customers and make sure the customers are being taken care of.
• Ensure a clean and attractive display of merchandise by checking codes, rotating products, and removing out-dated products. Organizing workload and allocating tasks on a daily basis.
• Ensure professionalism & high quality is continually maintained.
• Training of new staff & identifying training requirements of existing staff.
• Opening and closing the work place.
Pros
good hours
Cons
night shifts
Working at Shell Gas Station
gas attendant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 June 2014
A typical day at Shell is pumping gas or being the cashier. I've learned how to run a cashier and how to help people better with problems. Management is great, the manager is a nice person to get along with. My co-workers are great, they make the time fly by. There is no hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with really great people and helping customers.
Pros
Sometimes people give you tips
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and fun place to work for. Regular customers are amazing!
Customer Service, Greeting (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville26 May 2015
Just an overall good place to work! Management team is amazing. Co workers are great. Your usual regulars are always friendly!
Part time only, great manager, no room for advancement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 June 2015
arrive 15 min. early, count tills, assist customers with purchases. Manager is amazing, co-workers all great. Hardest part of the job was having to assist difficult customers, easiest part was assisting great customers.
Pros
Getting to meet a lot of great people
Cons
No breaks, work alone
job place
Retail Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  edmonton30 March 2015
was not a busy one
not paid good as compared to work.
management was poor.
to meet different kind of people
co workers were really good and co-operative
Accuracy in beginning and closing the shift!!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2014
1)Had a problem when all debit and credit machine went down.
2)Gained knowledge when there is no help on site how to troubleshoot.
3)Managed the area which require accurate supervision on sites.
4)Best team I ever worked with when any of the worker seeking assistance.
5)The toughest part of the job when few things are compulsory to serve without any assistance.
6)The most enjoyable part when we win the questionnaire on smokes and when I win the highest amount gift card.
Pros
Free drinks and chips and training
Cons
Long shift hours and supervise the site alone
Flexible, interesting place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 June 2012
Great experience acquired through this employment! Management is great and very understanding and fun to work with. An everyday outlook can be seen as taking care of plenty of customers, having to deal many new obstacles being the only employee at the station, and having to be very patient with customers too make sure you meet the expectations of excellence.
Fun environment. fast pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glenwood14 May 2015
It was a nice interactive place to work at. Fast pace and customer service oriented. The people were nice and co-workers were every friendly. Training was thoroughly provided. I learnt how to operate a cash register and how to carry out transactions. I reported to my manager and was paid minimum wage.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Lack of hours
Easygoing yet stressful
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 August 2013
I was able to balance this work out for a while with school with no problem until exams arrived but until then, it was easily manageable. It was relaxing to work there as it didn't take a toll on my body or health but it was stressful when it came to dealing with anomalies I had no control over such as customers who would fill gas and drive away without paying. Though I had no control over it, it put a big burden on me. I ended up quitting due to school exams.
Pros
Fine pay, easygoing job
Cons
Stressful when problems you can't help arise
It was fun and exiciting job with fun meeting new customers and talking to them.
sales associates (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 August 2014
i have gain a lot of experience from my job at shell gas station.
i have gain experience in doing transactions , handling customers when it gets too busy , arrainging all the stuffs like chips and candies nicely at the shelf , removing expire products from the shelf , filling up the coller with drink , arranging it nicely. cleaning of the store was the most important work so it looks nice and smells good so customers get happy.
Learning peace
Past Position as Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2012
-Customer Service and day today activities,
-Sales
-Management was very supportive
-We worked as team always ready to help each other
-it was fun doing this job becoz it was a big learning piece for me
-everyday was a new day for me.
Pros
gift certificates
Cons
hours of operation
Friendly Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC26 April 2014
My work day were usually pretty busy. Co workers were great to work with. I kept myself busy throughout the day. Management was very good to me.

It gives me an experience of how to make cutomers happy through welcoming them and helping out them
Flexible and committed.
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON12 November 2014
Management was always willing to work with you, and helped you in any way they could. When I worked there, you would often work by yourself which allowed you some flexibility in how you performed your duties,
Customers were friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2014
-Customer Service and day today activities,
-Sales
-We worked as team always ready to help each other
-it was fun doing this job becoz it was a big learning piece for me
-everyday was a new day for m
Pros
Customers were friendly
Cons
short breaks, and bad management