Shell Gas Station

Shell Gas Station Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Mangment but not enough Salary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 17, 2012
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting. On a typical day last week, we had a late change from the client to deal with.
I have learn from working at Shell Gas Station how to handle any angry customer who is not happy with anything .
The management was very nice and respectful to me and all other staff.
Nothing – more... was hard at that job
the most enjoyable part of this job is servicing customers in high energy level and working with my co-working with one heart. – less
Use of electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment, processing credit or debit card transactions
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2012
On a daily basis there is always more than one job to do at this particular workplace, I usually: do product stocking, cleaning, deal with customer complaints, stock outdoor necessities, deal with minor car wash issues, inventory check, greet all customers, process lottery tickets and distribute winnings, active upselling to all customers, and site – more... safety leader duties. I learned how to do all of these for over the three months I was working there.The co-workers were kind people who supported each other at times of difficulty. The hardest part of the job was getting license plates for drive-offs. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers. – less
enjoying my job
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Dixie / Burnhamthorp MississaugaSeptember 30, 2012
Enjoy dealing with different type of customers and some time learn from my customers. Some time very nasty attitude customers come and I love to handle such customers.
While working in the industries, enjoyed managing workers and marketing persons. Production planning, inventory control, customer complaints handling, all challenging jobs were interesting
Learning peace
Past Position as Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: gift certificates
Cons: hours of operation
-Customer Service and day today activities,
-Sales
-Management was very supportive
-We worked as team always ready to help each other
-it was fun doing this job becoz it was a big learning piece for me
-everyday was a new day for me.
Most enjoyable part of working as a technician is dealing with customers. I really enjoy it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 29, 2012
Customer service is a very important aspect of a pharmacy technician job. From my experience I have learned that you have to keep your professional attitude all the time and also have to be kind and compassionate to all the customers.
nice place to work
cashier (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJuly 5, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: n/a
taking care of customers
good management team
good co-workers
Standard job for people who want or can learn about a little more than just "how to work a cash register".
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJune 25, 2012
Pros: co-workers
Cons: when carwash breaks down, we get double the complaints
On a daily basis there is always more than one job to do at this particular workplace, I usually: do product stocking, cleaning, deal with customer complaints, stock outdoor necessities, deal with minor car wash issues, inventory check, greet all customers, process lottery tickets and distribute winnings, active upselling to all customers, and site – more... safety leader duties. I learned how to do all of these for over the two years I was working there. The co-workers were kind people who supported each other at times of difficulty. The hardest part of the job was getting license plates for drive-offs. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers. – less
Flexible, interesting place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJune 11, 2012
Great experience acquired through this employment! Management is great and very understanding and fun to work with. An everyday outlook can be seen as taking care of plenty of customers, having to deal many new obstacles being the only employee at the station, and having to be very patient with customers too make sure you meet the expectations of excellence.
Volunteer Advisor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cedar Crest, NMDecember 17, 2014
It was great to take and apply my college studies to situations related to providing advisement for students and clients whom did not know the ins and outs of the music business, to the height where negottaions on details of terms and provisions could competently and reasonably be made.
productive fun and friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 16, 2014
Fast pace work always had something to do great management opportunities if you were interested in moving up. Great job.
Busy gas station with lots of different characters
Cashier (Former Employee), Aurora, CODecember 1, 2014
Cons: no breaks, no benefits
A typical day would be turning the pump on for the prepay customers and always trying to sell car washes as well. I learned that if something is on sale, people are more inclined to buy that item at the discounted price.
productive
Manager/Cashier (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXNovember 24, 2014
great environment and enjoyed the customers was my own boss for the most part
Decent, random hours, hard to find coverage if need be
Cashier/On Hands Work (Current Employee), Cortlandt Manor, NYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no benefits, no breaks, random hours, etc
A typical day at work consists of maintaining a clean work place, making sure the coffee area is stocked, and the coffees are constantly made and fresh, checking for any suspicious activity, learning the cash register and lottery computer, stocking, etc.

I learned how to stock items, keep track of inventory, and keep track of money and do safe drops.

Management – more... and co-workers are okay, just hard to find coverage if need be.

The hardest part of the job is closing and dealing with customers; not everyone is happy, but when you're in the service industry you have to do your best to make a good relationship with your customer, and it can be difficult to close your shift when customers are coming in an out of the store.

The most enjoyable part of the job is just conversing with customers and getting to know people. You wouldn't believe how nice and interesting some people are! – less
Fast & Fun Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Show Low, AZNovember 11, 2014
Pros: my hours
Busy with customer and cashiering
Management amazing
Co-Worker great
Loved the Regulars
Productive and fun workplace.
CASHIER (Former Employee), Plover, WINovember 6, 2014
I enjoyed working here because I got along with all of the guests and all of my co-workers. Everyone was really nice including management.
Super Chill job
Cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: free time to do homework or read
Cons: not much to do, insufficient hours, low pay, no discount
This particular Shell is small. There's not much to do but to help customers when they need gas or some snacks for the road. There's a auto service shop connected so the cashier takes care of the invoice. It's a small food mart.
Management was too suspicious
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: working alone
Cons: not being trusted
I worked at shell and I was a very good employee. For some reason the management at 1777 Virginia Beach Blvd were very nasty and suspicious of their employees. They always thought people would steal which made it a unhealthy work environment. If someone stole gas from the diesel pumps the management would not look at the cameras they would make the – more... employees pay the money back. If they looked at the suspect who stole the gas that would stop people from thinking they could get away with stealing gas. Deter the problem and they just punish the employees that work hard for minimum wage. – less
Great place to work, bad management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Tracy, CAOctober 14, 2014
A typical day at work was slow unless it was the weekend or a holiday. Customers were wonderful! Never a dull day. the manager usually was good with the schedule, but bad at managing the store.
My favorite place that I,ve worked so far
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Warrenton, VAOctober 13, 2014
The owners here were amazing, They were working there butts off every day from sunrise to sunset. They always treated me great, always had plenty of hours to work. And it was just a fun place to work, I always looked forward to going in to work every day
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Norristown, PAOctober 12, 2014
Opening and closing the store, making coffee and breakfast sandwiches and hot dogs, managing the cash register, and cleaning.

My management and co-workers were awesome.Hardest part of the job was the extra early shifts and the extra late shifts,but i enjoyed the job because you got to meet all kinds of people form different walks of life.