Shell Gas Station Employee Reviews

productive and fun
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2015
get to deal with new people (customers everyday).It improved my problem solving and money management skills. Now i can deal with customers more effectively and can handle jay-customers.
Pros
free coffee
Fun place to work
Gas station attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2016
the owner and the manager are very helpful every day i learn new things at the gas station.
cash handling and customer service is the best part about the job
Excellent Mangment but not enough Salary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 December 2012
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting. On a typical day last week, we had a late change from the client to deal with.
I have learn from working at Shell Gas Station how to handle any angry customer who is not happy with anything .
The management was very nice and respectful to me and all other staff.
Nothing was hard at that job
the most enjoyable part of this job is servicing customers in high energy level and working with my co-working with one heart.
Good overall company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2016
The manager and owner was really nice to me, they are well managed know how to take care of their employees and well organized as a company.
Pros
relaxing
Cons
Laziness behind the desk
quiet during the night which made it easy to get things done around store
cashier, stock, cleaning (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON29 January 2016
The typical day at shell is helping customers while keeping the tore stocked and clean, the only bad thing i can think of is that you work by yourself for 4-5 hours in the day and our hole shift at night.
Cons
no break
Awful New Owners!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB27 February 2016
Job was good until new owners came in. He brought his own people and made them instant managers with no experience! Terrible!!
Pros
non
Cons
terrible now
A typical but flexible work environment
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2014
A typical day would consist of multiple duties for the shift and the attendant must find the time throughout his/her shift to complete these tasks. I have learned costumer service skills. Co-workers are very approachable and have a set schedule and switch working days if need be. Management has a simple goal in mind which is to sell as much inventory as possible. The hardest part of this job is dealing with intoxicated customers and other troublemakers. The most enjoyable part is the service well served.
Fun workplace with collecting and counting the cash
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2013
Afternoon time is very typical at my work place because it is so busy time,in between we have to adjust our sales.It is a business time so we get all the delivery stuff in the noon so we have to check it.So many works we have to do in the afternoon.I handle this time by using my time management,communication and leadership skills.
Counting the cigarettes is the hardest part of the job.Collecting and counting the cash is most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free Cofee
Cons
Risk of Robbery
Working at Shell Gas Station
gas attendant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 June 2014
A typical day at Shell is pumping gas or being the cashier. I've learned how to run a cashier and how to help people better with problems. Management is great, the manager is a nice person to get along with. My co-workers are great, they make the time fly by. There is no hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with really great people and helping customers.
Pros
Sometimes people give you tips
Cons
Not enough hours
cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 February 2016
my shell job is good. I learning more things from it like communication skill,how to creat good thing.and present our idea and new offer to customer.
Productive and fun place to work for. Regular customers are amazing!
Customer Service, Greeting (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville26 May 2015
Just an overall good place to work! Management team is amazing. Co workers are great. Your usual regulars are always friendly!
Flexible, interesting place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 June 2012
Great experience acquired through this employment! Management is great and very understanding and fun to work with. An everyday outlook can be seen as taking care of plenty of customers, having to deal many new obstacles being the only employee at the station, and having to be very patient with customers too make sure you meet the expectations of excellence.
Enjoyable Customers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pictou, NS29 December 2015
while working at Shell I enjoyed the interaction with the customer most. The day time hours were good, working out in the winter wasnt good. noisy enviroment. very agreeable boss
it is a fun place
Customer Attendant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 June 2015
it is a fun place to work at we all enjoy our shifts to the most and there is no pressure while working there manager and staff is brilliant
Pros
free lunches
Environmental Friendly, Productive and challenging
Worker (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 December 2015
It is really a nice to work in shell. you can actually know about customer care service and people are are cooperative.Flexible working hours too.
Standard job for people who want or can learn about a little more than just "how to work a cash register".
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 June 2012
On a daily basis there is always more than one job to do at this particular workplace, I usually: do product stocking, cleaning, deal with customer complaints, stock outdoor necessities, deal with minor car wash issues, inventory check, greet all customers, process lottery tickets and distribute winnings, active upselling to all customers, and site safety leader duties. I learned how to do all of these for over the two years I was working there. The co-workers were kind people who supported each other at times of difficulty. The hardest part of the job was getting license plates for drive-offs. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
when carwash breaks down, we get double the complaints
Friendly Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC26 April 2014
My work day were usually pretty busy. Co workers were great to work with. I kept myself busy throughout the day. Management was very good to me.

It gives me an experience of how to make cutomers happy through welcoming them and helping out them
Use of electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment, processing credit or debit card transactions
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2012
On a daily basis there is always more than one job to do at this particular workplace, I usually: do product stocking, cleaning, deal with customer complaints, stock outdoor necessities, deal with minor car wash issues, inventory check, greet all customers, process lottery tickets and distribute winnings, active upselling to all customers, and site safety leader duties. I learned how to do all of these for over the three months I was working there.The co-workers were kind people who supported each other at times of difficulty. The hardest part of the job was getting license plates for drive-offs. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers.
Learning peace
Past Position as Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2012
-Customer Service and day today activities,
-Sales
-Management was very supportive
-We worked as team always ready to help each other
-it was fun doing this job becoz it was a big learning piece for me
-everyday was a new day for me.
Pros
gift certificates
Cons
hours of operation
Flexible and committed.
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON12 November 2014
Management was always willing to work with you, and helped you in any way they could. When I worked there, you would often work by yourself which allowed you some flexibility in how you performed your duties,