Shell Gas Station

Shell Gas Station Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
nice place to work
cashier (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJuly 5, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: n/a
taking care of customers
good management team
good co-workers
Standard job for people who want or can learn about a little more than just "how to work a cash register".
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJune 25, 2012
Pros: co-workers
Cons: when carwash breaks down, we get double the complaints
On a daily basis there is always more than one job to do at this particular workplace, I usually: do product stocking, cleaning, deal with customer complaints, stock outdoor necessities, deal with minor car wash issues, inventory check, greet all customers, process lottery tickets and distribute winnings, active upselling to all customers, and site – more... safety leader duties. I learned how to do all of these for over the two years I was working there. The co-workers were kind people who supported each other at times of difficulty. The hardest part of the job was getting license plates for drive-offs. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers. – less
Flexible, interesting place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJune 11, 2012
Great experience acquired through this employment! Management is great and very understanding and fun to work with. An everyday outlook can be seen as taking care of plenty of customers, having to deal many new obstacles being the only employee at the station, and having to be very patient with customers too make sure you meet the expectations of excellence.
Fun and nice place to work
Sales clerk (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZSeptember 16, 2014
Shell was always a fun place to work due to my co-worker he always made work a fun environment. There wasn't a day he didn't have a smile on his face or joking around with the customers.
A fast paced service station
Cashier (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: free drinks, meet a wide variety of people
Cons: no breaks, no benbifits, low pay
I worked the afternoon and graveyard shifts. The graveyard shift is usually quiet. There is enough time to get everything stocked and cleaned before the next shift started at 6 AM. This shift helped my manage my time when things are a little slow.
The afternoon shift tended to be very busy with some down time between customers. There have been times – more... when you can get the bulk of your daily duties as cashier done, but not everything. During this time of day, the main things to watch for was shoplifting. I learned to watch the store, and run the P.O.S. at the same time.
This job taught me to remain calm in a variety of different situations. To be watchful at all times, in case of health/safety hazards, shoplifters, and people who speed through the parking and filling areas. With the different people who came into the store, and my co-workers, I also learned that it is best to try to understand other people. People of different nationalities can bring new knowledge about something that you know about, and teach you something new.
The hardest part of the job would be not having any breaks. As the only clerk on sight at any given time, you have to be present all the time. It gets a little tiring, so you have to make sure not to get bored. As only one person is on shift at a time, there is always something to do.
The most enjoyable part of the job (to me) was the occasions when a customer would come in, and he/she would be in a foul mood. I would try to listen, and speak to this person, and more often than not, this person left feeling at least a little better. – less
Shell was a really good place to work and good management and pay alright
cashier (Former Employee), Winona, MSAugust 28, 2014
Pros: really good place to work and boss were good with there employees
Cons: pay was not that good
Shell was a really good place to work and they had good management and the pay was alright the bosses were really good to there employees.
poor managment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Darien, ILAugust 18, 2014
the job was nice the co-workers were awesome but the management was not so good at all
great work place
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Nehalem, ORAugust 14, 2014
it was a great place to work, when you need help there was always some there to help, always something to keep bussy, I was able to learn a little of the cashier but was not very good at it.
I was better at stocking the selves and doing the gas pumps
easy
gas station retail clerk/ mechanic (Former Employee), Green Valley, AZAugust 7, 2014
working with elderly, having patience, must be able to do that.
loved learning about cars and getting to know the locals
was a great work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Tuba City, AZJuly 30, 2014
the work environment was great a great manager to work with and employees were very productive
fun work place
Cashier/Manager (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 30, 2014
Enjoy being in the presents of good fun loving people that have a positive attitude
Productive and fun work place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 21, 2014
I would come in and count my draw down to make sure it was right. Then I would I count my cigarettes and tobacco. After that I would wait on the customers. If I didn't have any customers I would go out to the lobby and wipe the counters down and take out the trash. I would stock the shelves and the coolers. I would sweep and mop the lobby. I would play – more... the customers lottery and I would do money orders if necessary. I would clean the bathroom and clean the parking lot. I learned how to be patient with customers and I learned how to be fast. I learned how to work the money order machine. I learned how to print out my paper work and I learned how to do my paper work. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people. The hardest part of my job is dealing with some customers that might be having a bad day that day. – less
Does not care for the safety of there employees
Customer Service Greeting every customer (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 15, 2014
Customer service, Daily count of supplies co-workers are great, management does not care as long as gas is being sold and the sales are up to them everything is fine.
positive work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 15, 2014
the job was easy not that hard.The only hard days was on Friday when delivery came
Fast paced fun learning experience.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ashland, KYJuly 13, 2014
Really enjoyed working there. Management was great and worked well with my schedule. The hardest part was when systems would go down. The most enjoyable was meeting new people all day.
good job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Murphysboro, ILJune 27, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: closed down
shell was a good place to work for until they close down would of still been working for them if they where still opened
Shell / Nouria Energy
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Oxford, MAJune 25, 2014
Pros: dukin' donuts in the building
Cons: drunk customers, strip club across the street, overnight shift
At Shell I have worked alone in the store running the register, cleaning my store work/station as well as the lot and filling paperwork at the end of my shift. I have learned in the store to account for products and to be accurate with money. My peers in Shell were nice and fun to work around with when I do see them. The best part of the job was being – more... alone enjoying the peace and quiet when I could. The part I say that was not all to pleasant was dealing with the drunk customers and or exotic dancers considering we sold alchohol and that a strip club was right across the street. – less
good place for job
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), UKJune 19, 2014
Pros: free tea in break time
Cons: long hour
i have worked here as a customer assistance about more then 1 year . i got god communication skills.
Life at Shell Gas Station
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Davie, FLJune 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, downtime, good work experience
Cons: no cons whatsoever
Working at Shell Gas Station was a truly rewarding experience, as it assisted me in getting a taste of what management is all about. I learned many of the vital components to conduct a good business, such as networking/communicating with vendors and suppliers, preparing documents for my boss, training new employees, and so much more. A typical day at – more... work included making/receiving phone calls, filling out paperwork, and assisting sales associates and merchandise stockers with their tasks.I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, as we worked hard and did our jobs to the best of our ability to make the gas station a productive workplace, but at the same time having a great time doing it. The most arduous tasks of my job was scheduling arrangements with vendors/suppliers that were hard to get ahold of and were not attentive to the business the gas station tried to conduct with them, but working diligently allowed us to overcome those barriers and make business transactions. My absolute favorite part of the job was the staff that I worked with. Our relations and friendships grew stronger and stronger as we worked together. I am content with my experience working at Shell, as I attained important skills that are necessary to be a successful individual, as well as making life-long companions. – less
overnighting
o Attendant (Former Employee), howard, wiJune 12, 2014
Loved the late night shift, not too busy. But at same time not enough to do to make time go by as fast as it should