Shell Gas Station

Shell Gas Station Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learning peace
Past Position as Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: gift certificates
Cons: hours of operation
-Customer Service and day today activities,
-Sales
-Management was very supportive
-We worked as team always ready to help each other
-it was fun doing this job becoz it was a big learning piece for me
-everyday was a new day for me.
Most enjoyable part of working as a technician is dealing with customers. I really enjoy it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 29, 2012
Customer service is a very important aspect of a pharmacy technician job. From my experience I have learned that you have to keep your professional attitude all the time and also have to be kind and compassionate to all the customers.
nice place to work
cashier (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJuly 5, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: n/a
taking care of customers
good management team
good co-workers
Standard job for people who want or can learn about a little more than just "how to work a cash register".
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJune 25, 2012
Pros: co-workers
Cons: when carwash breaks down, we get double the complaints
On a daily basis there is always more than one job to do at this particular workplace, I usually: do product stocking, cleaning, deal with customer complaints, stock outdoor necessities, deal with minor car wash issues, inventory check, greet all customers, process lottery tickets and distribute winnings, active upselling to all customers, and site – more... safety leader duties. I learned how to do all of these for over the two years I was working there. The co-workers were kind people who supported each other at times of difficulty. The hardest part of the job was getting license plates for drive-offs. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers. – less
Flexible, interesting place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJune 11, 2012
Great experience acquired through this employment! Management is great and very understanding and fun to work with. An everyday outlook can be seen as taking care of plenty of customers, having to deal many new obstacles being the only employee at the station, and having to be very patient with customers too make sure you meet the expectations of excellence.
Great place to work, bad management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Tracy, CAOctober 14, 2014
A typical day at work was slow unless it was the weekend or a holiday. Customers were wonderful! Never a dull day. the manager usually was good with the schedule, but bad at managing the store.
My favorite place that I,ve worked so far
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Warrenton, VAOctober 13, 2014
The owners here were amazing, They were working there butts off every day from sunrise to sunset. They always treated me great, always had plenty of hours to work. And it was just a fun place to work, I always looked forward to going in to work every day
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Norristown, PAOctober 12, 2014
Opening and closing the store, making coffee and breakfast sandwiches and hot dogs, managing the cash register, and cleaning.

My management and co-workers were awesome.Hardest part of the job was the extra early shifts and the extra late shifts,but i enjoyed the job because you got to meet all kinds of people form different walks of life.
Was always fun working,i miss my customers
Cashier/stocker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 6, 2014
My every day at work was always good because i used to like my job and my customers too.In MANAGEMENT SOME ONE REQUIRES SOME WISDOM TO UNDERSTAND EACH AND EVERY ONE YOU ARE WORKING WITH BECAUSE DIFFERENT PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT WAYS OF LIVING AND THINKING
Working at a Gas Station
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Norwalk, CASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: getting paid every other friday.
Cons: working alone, no benefits.
There were times I was scared of working at gas station from, 6pm to midnight because you will never know when they will come and rob the store. The good thing I have not experience a scare like that while I was working. But I met a lot of nice co-workers and helpful.
overall good atmosphere, worked independently for 90% of the time, was managers assistant and delt with daily paperwork on weekends.
Gas Station Attendant/ Manager's Assistant (Former Employee), Tracy, CASeptember 23, 2014
I worked alone 90% of the time. This position was overall positive, I just felt that the area in which it was located made me feel unsafe, especially with its history of robberies. I felt I could use what I have learned there and apply it to a new line of employment while also feeling much safer.
caisher duties and invetaory
CUSTOMER SERVICE.- (Former Employee), bglades road boca raton flSeptember 22, 2014
Primary staff onsite operating the station. Cleaning and maintaing safe work enviorment.
a good job to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Hacienda Heights, CASeptember 19, 2014
this job was one of the best jobs that I had. I learned many safety guidelines that must be followed. I cleaned the bathrooms the outside pump area. I then helped disabled customers pump as into their cars. the manager was good didn't really get on your case if you were doing your job right
busy shell gas station
Retail Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: easy money
Cons: not enough pay
i worked for a busy gas station in the tampa bay area that included inventory control, stocking beverage cooler, customer service, lottery counts and services, cash handling and cash deposits, make bags of ice, cleaning duties
Fun and nice place to work
Sales clerk (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZSeptember 16, 2014
Shell was always a fun place to work due to my co-worker he always made work a fun environment. There wasn't a day he didn't have a smile on his face or joking around with the customers.
A fast paced service station
Cashier (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: free drinks, meet a wide variety of people
Cons: no breaks, no benbifits, low pay
I worked the afternoon and graveyard shifts. The graveyard shift is usually quiet. There is enough time to get everything stocked and cleaned before the next shift started at 6 AM. This shift helped my manage my time when things are a little slow.
The afternoon shift tended to be very busy with some down time between customers. There have been times – more... when you can get the bulk of your daily duties as cashier done, but not everything. During this time of day, the main things to watch for was shoplifting. I learned to watch the store, and run the P.O.S. at the same time.
This job taught me to remain calm in a variety of different situations. To be watchful at all times, in case of health/safety hazards, shoplifters, and people who speed through the parking and filling areas. With the different people who came into the store, and my co-workers, I also learned that it is best to try to understand other people. People of different nationalities can bring new knowledge about something that you know about, and teach you something new.
The hardest part of the job would be not having any breaks. As the only clerk on sight at any given time, you have to be present all the time. It gets a little tiring, so you have to make sure not to get bored. As only one person is on shift at a time, there is always something to do.
The most enjoyable part of the job (to me) was the occasions when a customer would come in, and he/she would be in a foul mood. I would try to listen, and speak to this person, and more often than not, this person left feeling at least a little better. – less
Shell was a really good place to work and good management and pay alright
cashier (Former Employee), Winona, MSAugust 28, 2014
Pros: really good place to work and boss were good with there employees
Cons: pay was not that good
Shell was a really good place to work and they had good management and the pay was alright the bosses were really good to there employees.
poor managment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Darien, ILAugust 18, 2014
the job was nice the co-workers were awesome but the management was not so good at all
great work place
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Nehalem, ORAugust 14, 2014
it was a great place to work, when you need help there was always some there to help, always something to keep bussy, I was able to learn a little of the cashier but was not very good at it.
I was better at stocking the selves and doing the gas pumps
easy
gas station retail clerk/ mechanic (Former Employee), Green Valley, AZAugust 7, 2014
working with elderly, having patience, must be able to do that.
loved learning about cars and getting to know the locals