Shell Gas Station Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with collecting and counting the cash
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2013
Afternoon time is very typical at my work place because it is so busy time,in between we have to adjust our sales.It is a business time so we get all the delivery stuff in the noon so we have to check it.So many works we have to do in the afternoon.I handle this time by using my time management,communication and leadership skills.
Counting the cigarettes is the hardest part of the job.Collecting and counting the cash is most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
free cofee
Cons
risk of robbery
Easygoing yet stressful
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 25, 2013
I was able to balance this work out for a while with school with no problem until exams arrived but until then, it was easily manageable. It was relaxing to work there as it didn't take a toll on my body or health but it was stressful when it came to dealing with anomalies I had no control over such as customers who would fill gas and drive away without paying. Though I had no control over it, it put a big burden on me. I ended up quitting due to school exams.
Pros
fine pay, easygoing job
Cons
stressful when problems you can't help arise
Energetic Job
Sales Associate / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 30, 2013
•Estimated or quoted prices, credit terms, trade-in allowances, warranties and delivery dates
•Prepared merchandise for purchase, rental or lease
•Prepared sales, rental or leasing contracts and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment
•Assist in display of merchandise
•Maintained sales records for inventory control
•Operated computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
•Promoted quickly to assistant store manager
•Prepared weekly orders and organized merchandise on store shelves based on the sponsor’s requirements
•Managed financial aspects of the shift
•Learned how to deal with the different cultures
Excellent Mangment but not enough Salary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 17, 2012
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting. On a typical day last week, we had a late change from the client to deal with.
I have learn from working at Shell Gas Station how to handle any angry customer who is not happy with anything .
The management was very nice and respectful to me and all other staff.
Nothing was hard at that job
the most enjoyable part of this job is servicing customers in high energy level and working with my co-working with one heart.
Enjoyable Work all time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 30, 2013
My typical day at work starts at 10pm in the night and ends in 7am.I have learned so many things for effective service to customers. As a sales representative I learned effective customer service, and how to deal with rude customers in effective manner.Management was excellent and they offer help if I faced any difficulties in any of the situation.They trained me very well and I hope I did the job very well all the time. According to me the most enjoyable part of the job is I can meet different types of people with different culture.So I can study about their culture through interaction with them.
Customer Service Oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 1, 2013
My typical day of work at shell Gas station starts at 3:30 pm ends in 11:30.I have learned various customer service skills, POS operation, Cash handling, Inventory Management.Management was very friendly with all employees and they are providing excellent benefits and job security to all. The most enjoyable part of the job is I can interact with different types of people around the world and I can keep the trust and beliefs of them.
Use of electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment, processing credit or debit card transactions
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2012
On a daily basis there is always more than one job to do at this particular workplace, I usually: do product stocking, cleaning, deal with customer complaints, stock outdoor necessities, deal with minor car wash issues, inventory check, greet all customers, process lottery tickets and distribute winnings, active upselling to all customers, and site safety leader duties. I learned how to do all of these for over the three months I was working there.The co-workers were kind people who supported each other at times of difficulty. The hardest part of the job was getting license plates for drive-offs. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers.
Productive and fun place to work for. Regular customers are amazing!
Customer Service, Greeting (Current Employee) –  BowmanvilleMay 26, 2015
Just an overall good place to work! Management team is amazing. Co workers are great. Your usual regulars are always friendly!
workplace ethics
Gas Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2013
A nice place to work, lots of interaction with all types, all cultures of people. Being a manager at work, I have learnt the discipline, work culture, managing the employees and handling almost all sorts of work. Your work dedication depends on the work place, your seniors, your staff. in which I found myself quite fortunate to have a good management and staff. My co-workers are always cooperating and ready to help in each and every situation. The hardest part of the job is to deal with some negative minded customers but after you satisfy them, you feel more relieved then anything else and confident as well. Most enjoyable part is the work environment, meeting all types of people and you have to play all type of roles sometimes from an employee to a manager.
Pros
work enviornment
it is a fun place
Customer Attendant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 12, 2015
it is a fun place to work at we all enjoy our shifts to the most and there is no pressure while working there manager and staff is brilliant
Pros
free lunches
Flexible, interesting place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 11, 2012
Great experience acquired through this employment! Management is great and very understanding and fun to work with. An everyday outlook can be seen as taking care of plenty of customers, having to deal many new obstacles being the only employee at the station, and having to be very patient with customers too make sure you meet the expectations of excellence.
Standard job for people who want or can learn about a little more than just "how to work a cash register".
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 25, 2012
On a daily basis there is always more than one job to do at this particular workplace, I usually: do product stocking, cleaning, deal with customer complaints, stock outdoor necessities, deal with minor car wash issues, inventory check, greet all customers, process lottery tickets and distribute winnings, active upselling to all customers, and site safety leader duties. I learned how to do all of these for over the two years I was working there. The co-workers were kind people who supported each other at times of difficulty. The hardest part of the job was getting license plates for drive-offs. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
when carwash breaks down, we get double the complaints
enjoying my job
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dixie / Burnhamthorp MississaugaSeptember 30, 2012
Enjoy dealing with different type of customers and some time learn from my customers. Some time very nasty attitude customers come and I love to handle such customers.
While working in the industries, enjoyed managing workers and marketing persons. Production planning, inventory control, customer complaints handling, all challenging jobs were interesting
Good experience overall.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  vancouver, B.C.May 15, 2014
It has been a good experience so far, while working in Vancouver international airport and at Shell gas station. The most important thing i learned here is how to manage people. Secondly i also learned the key aspects of managing money. Lastly how to prepare the end of day sales files and match it with the cash present and submit the report to Shell online.
Shell Gas Stations
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 19, 2014
I worked at shell for an entire summer and after that job i worked at a shell in winnipeg for about two weeks. I got there at 11 in the morning and worked till 5. It was awesome i really enjoyed it. I learnt how to work the cashier and change garbages but that is pretty simple stuff and i would like to learn more.
Pros
really enjoyed working as cashier.
Cons
no breaks.
productive
Full-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  9620 120 St, Surrey, BC V3V 4C3June 26, 2015
work place was good and environment of work was very enjoyable because i would like to talk with peoples and listen to them with quit behavior
sd
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 30, 2015
great job and got to meet lots of people. You serve many people and you help them with gas and paying for stuff. I was in charge of keeping the store clean as well
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCOctober 11, 2014
Works on the Tell
Customer Service
Product Display
Clean up counter and store areas.
Bag and wrap merchandise.
Cares about safety procedures.
First Aid Certificate, St. John Ambulance (Jun 2013)
MS Office, internet/emails, typing skills= 25 wpm.
Have valid class 5 BC driver license (can drive both manual & automatic vehicles)
productive, creative and team working
Gas Attendant/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 27, 2015
excellent management and well paid company. i developed and conducted some projects; climate chnage, land use change and tree species diversity being a team leader.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
no benifits
Good experience
Lead Attendant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJuly 6, 2014
 Provide exceptional customer service
 Site Safety Leader
 Handle cash and cash register
 Perform general stocking and cleaning
 Use judgment to obtain accurate information
 Answer incoming client phone calls
 Prioritize multiple tasks

Steady work that covered a broad spectrum of duties some listed above.