Shell Gas Station Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun place to work
Gas station attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2016
the owner and the manager are very helpful every day i learn new things at the gas station.
cash handling and customer service is the best part about the job
Awful New Owners!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABFebruary 27, 2016
Job was good until new owners came in. He brought his own people and made them instant managers with no experience! Terrible!!
Pros
non
Cons
terrible now
cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 8, 2016
my shell job is good. I learning more things from it like communication skill,how to creat good thing.and present our idea and new offer to customer.
Enjoyable Customers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pictou, NSDecember 29, 2015
while working at Shell I enjoyed the interaction with the customer most. The day time hours were good, working out in the winter wasnt good. noisy enviroment. very agreeable boss
Shell Gas
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 19, 2014
Provided customer service to gas station commercial clients
Resolved customer issues with expediency
Performed cash register functions
Checked and verified inventory reports
Organized merchandise materials and ensured safe operation of gas pumps
Consistently praised by management for the quality and timeliness of reports, attention to detail, exemplary customer service delivery and team-player attitude
High grade given by mystery shopper during sudden audit and was rewarded by Shell
Pros
great work, great hours, simply amazing.
Cons
nothing.
Environmental Friendly, Productive and challenging
Worker (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKDecember 20, 2015
It is really a nice to work in shell. you can actually know about customer care service and people are are cooperative.Flexible working hours too.
Customer Service Oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 1, 2013
My typical day of work at shell Gas station starts at 3:30 pm ends in 11:30.I have learned various customer service skills, POS operation, Cash handling, Inventory Management.Management was very friendly with all employees and they are providing excellent benefits and job security to all. The most enjoyable part of the job is I can interact with different types of people around the world and I can keep the trust and beliefs of them.
workplace ethics
Gas Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2013
A nice place to work, lots of interaction with all types, all cultures of people. Being a manager at work, I have learnt the discipline, work culture, managing the employees and handling almost all sorts of work. Your work dedication depends on the work place, your seniors, your staff. in which I found myself quite fortunate to have a good management and staff. My co-workers are always cooperating and ready to help in each and every situation. The hardest part of the job is to deal with some negative minded customers but after you satisfy them, you feel more relieved then anything else and confident as well. Most enjoyable part is the work environment, meeting all types of people and you have to play all type of roles sometimes from an employee to a manager.
Pros
work enviornment
Enjoyable Work all time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 30, 2013
My typical day at work starts at 10pm in the night and ends in 7am.I have learned so many things for effective service to customers. As a sales representative I learned effective customer service, and how to deal with rude customers in effective manner.Management was excellent and they offer help if I faced any difficulties in any of the situation.They trained me very well and I hope I did the job very well all the time. According to me the most enjoyable part of the job is I can meet different types of people with different culture.So I can study about their culture through interaction with them.
very productive and busy place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 7, 2015
Its always fun to work there, its very buys place specially in summers which is good for business. The working environment is very friendly and co workers and the boss is very helpfull and understanding. overall i like working there.
Pros
friendly enviroment, no stress
Cons
hard to get days off of your choice sometimes
productive, creative and team working
Gas Attendant/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 27, 2015
excellent management and well paid company. i developed and conducted some projects; climate chnage, land use change and tree species diversity being a team leader.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
no benifits
it is a fun place
Customer Attendant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 12, 2015
it is a fun place to work at we all enjoy our shifts to the most and there is no pressure while working there manager and staff is brilliant
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Productive and fun place to work for. Regular customers are amazing!
Customer Service, Greeting (Current Employee) –  BowmanvilleMay 26, 2015
Just an overall good place to work! Management team is amazing. Co workers are great. Your usual regulars are always friendly!
Part time only, great manager, no room for advancement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 24, 2015
arrive 15 min. early, count tills, assist customers with purchases. Manager is amazing, co-workers all great. Hardest part of the job was having to assist difficult customers, easiest part was assisting great customers.
Pros
Getting to meet a lot of great people
Cons
No breaks, work alone
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  mississaugaApril 30, 2015
• Greet customers and make sure the customers are being taken care of.
• Ensure a clean and attractive display of merchandise by checking codes, rotating products, and removing out-dated products. Organizing workload and allocating tasks on a daily basis.
• Ensure professionalism & high quality is continually maintained.
• Training of new staff & identifying training requirements of existing staff.
• Opening and closing the work place.
Pros
good hours
Cons
night shifts
job place
Retail Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  edmontonMarch 30, 2015
was not a busy one
not paid good as compared to work.
management was poor.
to meet different kind of people
co workers were really good and co-operative
Energetic Job
Sales Associate / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 30, 2013
•Estimated or quoted prices, credit terms, trade-in allowances, warranties and delivery dates
•Prepared merchandise for purchase, rental or lease
•Prepared sales, rental or leasing contracts and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment
•Assist in display of merchandise
•Maintained sales records for inventory control
•Operated computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
•Promoted quickly to assistant store manager
•Prepared weekly orders and organized merchandise on store shelves based on the sponsor’s requirements
•Managed financial aspects of the shift
•Learned how to deal with the different cultures
Excellent Mangment but not enough Salary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 17, 2012
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting. On a typical day last week, we had a late change from the client to deal with.
I have learn from working at Shell Gas Station how to handle any angry customer who is not happy with anything .
The management was very nice and respectful to me and all other staff.
Nothing was hard at that job
the most enjoyable part of this job is servicing customers in high energy level and working with my co-working with one heart.
Fun environment. fast pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  GlenwoodMay 14, 2015
It was a nice interactive place to work at. Fast pace and customer service oriented. The people were nice and co-workers were every friendly. Training was thoroughly provided. I learnt how to operate a cash register and how to carry out transactions. I reported to my manager and was paid minimum wage.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Lack of hours
A typical but flexible work environment
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2014
A typical day would consist of multiple duties for the shift and the attendant must find the time throughout his/her shift to complete these tasks. I have learned costumer service skills. Co-workers are very approachable and have a set schedule and switch working days if need be. Management has a simple goal in mind which is to sell as much inventory as possible. The hardest part of this job is dealing with intoxicated customers and other troublemakers. The most enjoyable part is the service well served.