Shell Gas Station Employee Reviews

Sales Officer/Cashier:
Sales Officer/Cashier (Current Employee) –  thickwood shell gas station fortmcmurray1 April 2016
Sales Officer/Cashier:
• Handling the cash counter.
• Assist the manager in daily operations.
• To enhance the sale by using strong customer relationship.
Cons
Good place to interact with new people everyday
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 March 2016
Nice place to meet with new people and learn new things everyday. Learnt how to deal with difficult customers and how to keep store clean and organised.
Fun place to work
Gas station attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2016
the owner and the manager are very helpful every day i learn new things at the gas station.
cash handling and customer service is the best part about the job
Lots of customer service experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON14 March 2016
There really isn't a typical day at the gas station. Depending on the price of gas, the season and the time of day a day at the gas station can be slow, moderate or busy. This job taught me how to work quickly and friendly. At this job I wasn't very close with the manager but I did enjoy the chances I got to work with the owner! This job unfortunately give many opportunities to work with my co-workers.

The hardest part of this job was never knowing what if it was not being able to have extended interaction with single people and being unable to work more hours with co-workers. The best part was that it was being able to get more hours when I needed.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
The smell of gas
Awful New Owners!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB27 February 2016
Job was good until new owners came in. He brought his own people and made them instant managers with no experience! Terrible!!
Pros
non
Cons
terrible now
Good overall company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2016
The manager and owner was really nice to me, they are well managed know how to take care of their employees and well organized as a company.
Pros
relaxing
Cons
Laziness behind the desk
just for Money
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 February 2016
Among all the jobs that i did this was the one that i did only for the money but i really didn't liked it.
I was just working there to make some money while i searched for the job that ill love to do.
Pros
god pay
Cons
not so good work culture
cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 February 2016
my shell job is good. I learning more things from it like communication skill,how to creat good thing.and present our idea and new offer to customer.
Dead end
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 February 2016
day to day work without room for advancement. No real training given and you are expected to do everything on your own. No benefits either just minimum wage.
quiet during the night which made it easy to get things done around store
cashier, stock, cleaning (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON29 January 2016
The typical day at shell is helping customers while keeping the tore stocked and clean, the only bad thing i can think of is that you work by yourself for 4-5 hours in the day and our hole shift at night.
Cons
no break
Good Job
Site safety Leader (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 January 2016
Employee friendly atmosphere. Salary on time. Good management,learn experience ,good team work,good customer,company helpful with employee. Great team work and staff support.
Very flexible workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, SK7 January 2016
I very much enjoyed working at Shell, the people I met were unbelievable, and all the friendships I created working there made it all the more better.
I loved all the social interaction I got as I worked as a Cashier there.
The hardest part of the job... I would say, memorizing all of the cigarettes there were.
A typical day at work was, starting my shift, sometimes In the morning I would put on coffee, open the car wash, do cash outs, sign into the tills, do counts of lottery, cigarettes, scratch tickets, all that fun stuff and then go about my day and be a cashier, turn on gas pumps, ring things\people through for the things they needed.
I enjoyed the whole job, even cleaning the bathrooms at the end of the night.
Pros
meeting new people
Enjoyable Customers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pictou, NS29 December 2015
while working at Shell I enjoyed the interaction with the customer most. The day time hours were good, working out in the winter wasnt good. noisy enviroment. very agreeable boss
secure and fun environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 December 2015
good place to be social and responsible.
safety and surveillance is the major criteria.
great relations can be maintained with customers.
party culture at the time of Christmas.
good pay and maintenance.
healthy relationship with co workers and owner.
Pros
safety at nights
Cons
no stable hours dedicated.
Environmental Friendly, Productive and challenging
Worker (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 December 2015
It is really a nice to work in shell. you can actually know about customer care service and people are are cooperative.Flexible working hours too.
productive and fun
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2015
get to deal with new people (customers everyday).It improved my problem solving and money management skills. Now i can deal with customers more effectively and can handle jay-customers.
Pros
free coffee
very productive and busy place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB7 September 2015
Its always fun to work there, its very buys place specially in summers which is good for business. The working environment is very friendly and co workers and the boss is very helpfull and understanding. overall i like working there.
Pros
friendly enviroment, no stress
Cons
hard to get days off of your choice sometimes
Simple, easy to do job.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON31 July 2015
A family owned gas bar makes working here feel less like a chore and more like working from home. The air is much more relaxed and sales goals are not harshly enforced.

A day involves the supervision of the gas bar, delivering excellent customer service while maintaining the hygiene standards set by management.

A very simple job by nature the most difficult part was dealing was irritated customers who generally dampened the day. Most parts of the job were enjoyable as most people were in and out and those who stayed to chat were pleasant to speak to.
sd
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 June 2015
great job and got to meet lots of people. You serve many people and you help them with gas and paying for stuff. I was in charge of keeping the store clean as well
productive
Full-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  9620 120 St, Surrey, BC V3V 4C326 June 2015
work place was good and environment of work was very enjoyable because i would like to talk with peoples and listen to them with quit behavior