Shell Gas Station Employee Reviews in Canada

Simple, easy to do job.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, ONJuly 31, 2015
A family owned gas bar makes working here feel less like a chore and more like working from home. The air is much more relaxed and sales goals are not harshly enforced.

A day involves the supervision of the gas bar, delivering excellent customer service while maintaining the hygiene standards set by management.

A very simple job by nature the most difficult part was dealing was irritated customers who generally dampened the day. Most parts of the job were enjoyable as most people were in and out and those who stayed to chat were pleasant to speak to.
productive, creative and team working
Gas Attendant/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 27, 2015
excellent management and well paid company. i developed and conducted some projects; climate chnage, land use change and tree species diversity being a team leader.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
no benifits
MULTITASKING
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton,OntarioJune 15, 2015
It was end of the day which took atleast 10-20 mins,too much rush at the same time,not even have a microsec to waste but at the end I handle that scenario perfect and there is hidden mystery shopper in b/w that time
Pros
Pushing limits beyond capacity, time management, zero error liability, Customer Satisfaction
Cons
Long hours, Counting cash and Scratch, Remembering too many numbers
Environmental Friendly, Productive and challenging
Worker (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKDecember 20, 2015
It is really a nice to work in shell. you can actually know about customer care service and people are are cooperative.Flexible working hours too.
Customer Service Oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 1, 2013
My typical day of work at shell Gas station starts at 3:30 pm ends in 11:30.I have learned various customer service skills, POS operation, Cash handling, Inventory Management.Management was very friendly with all employees and they are providing excellent benefits and job security to all. The most enjoyable part of the job is I can interact with different types of people around the world and I can keep the trust and beliefs of them.
very productive and busy place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 7, 2015
Its always fun to work there, its very buys place specially in summers which is good for business. The working environment is very friendly and co workers and the boss is very helpfull and understanding. overall i like working there.
Pros
friendly enviroment, no stress
Cons
hard to get days off of your choice sometimes
it is a fun place
Customer Attendant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 12, 2015
it is a fun place to work at we all enjoy our shifts to the most and there is no pressure while working there manager and staff is brilliant
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Part time only, great manager, no room for advancement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 24, 2015
arrive 15 min. early, count tills, assist customers with purchases. Manager is amazing, co-workers all great. Hardest part of the job was having to assist difficult customers, easiest part was assisting great customers.
Pros
Getting to meet a lot of great people
Cons
No breaks, work alone
Productive and fun place to work for. Regular customers are amazing!
Customer Service, Greeting (Current Employee) –  BowmanvilleMay 26, 2015
Just an overall good place to work! Management team is amazing. Co workers are great. Your usual regulars are always friendly!
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  mississaugaApril 30, 2015
• Greet customers and make sure the customers are being taken care of.
• Ensure a clean and attractive display of merchandise by checking codes, rotating products, and removing out-dated products. Organizing workload and allocating tasks on a daily basis.
• Ensure professionalism & high quality is continually maintained.
• Training of new staff & identifying training requirements of existing staff.
• Opening and closing the work place.
Pros
good hours
Cons
night shifts
Fun environment. fast pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  GlenwoodMay 14, 2015
It was a nice interactive place to work at. Fast pace and customer service oriented. The people were nice and co-workers were every friendly. Training was thoroughly provided. I learnt how to operate a cash register and how to carry out transactions. I reported to my manager and was paid minimum wage.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Lack of hours
sd
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 30, 2015
great job and got to meet lots of people. You serve many people and you help them with gas and paying for stuff. I was in charge of keeping the store clean as well
productive
Full-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  9620 120 St, Surrey, BC V3V 4C3June 26, 2015
work place was good and environment of work was very enjoyable because i would like to talk with peoples and listen to them with quit behavior
workplace ethics
Gas Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2013
A nice place to work, lots of interaction with all types, all cultures of people. Being a manager at work, I have learnt the discipline, work culture, managing the employees and handling almost all sorts of work. Your work dedication depends on the work place, your seniors, your staff. in which I found myself quite fortunate to have a good management and staff. My co-workers are always cooperating and ready to help in each and every situation. The hardest part of the job is to deal with some negative minded customers but after you satisfy them, you feel more relieved then anything else and confident as well. Most enjoyable part is the work environment, meeting all types of people and you have to play all type of roles sometimes from an employee to a manager.
Pros
work enviornment
Overall good worker
o Full-time (Former Employee) –  huronJune 15, 2015
Dedicated hard worker, always kind, on time, great communication skills! I was always able to work and would choose work over anything else.
job place
Retail Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  edmontonMarch 30, 2015
was not a busy one
not paid good as compared to work.
management was poor.
to meet different kind of people
co workers were really good and co-operative
Enjoyable Work all time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 30, 2013
My typical day at work starts at 10pm in the night and ends in 7am.I have learned so many things for effective service to customers. As a sales representative I learned effective customer service, and how to deal with rude customers in effective manner.Management was excellent and they offer help if I faced any difficulties in any of the situation.They trained me very well and I hope I did the job very well all the time. According to me the most enjoyable part of the job is I can meet different types of people with different culture.So I can study about their culture through interaction with them.
I have a very good experience while working with shell
site manager (Current Employee) –  edmontonApril 27, 2015
working with shell gas station was a good experience.shell co is world wide and every day you learn so many things for health and safety because shell is very particular about the safety of their employees
Very social interractions and kind people
Full service gas pump attendant (Former Employee) –  PenetanguisheneApril 25, 2015
Worked at this location for two years and had enjoyed that time. The boss was very nice and understanding. Very repetitive job but if you enjoy meeting new people it's no problem.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No break
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMay 5, 2015
I love to work here. I always like to go for my job as i feel energetic. i feel good when i talk with other people and my colleagues.
Pros
everything is good
Cons
nothing