Shell Gas Station Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Job
Site safety Leader (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Employee friendly atmosphere. Salary on time. Good management,learn experience ,good team work,good customer,company helpful with employee. Great team work and staff support.
Very flexible workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kindersley, SKJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours
I very much enjoyed working at Shell, the people I met were unbelievable, and all the friendships I created working there made it all the more better.
I loved all the social interaction I got as I worked as a Cashier there.
The hardest part of the job... I would say, memorizing all of the cigarettes there were.
A typical day at work was, starting my shift, sometimes In the morning I would put on coffee, open the car wash, do cash outs, sign into the tills, do counts of lottery, cigarettes, scratch tickets, all that fun stuff and then go about my day and be a cashier, turn on gas pumps, ring things\people through for the things they needed.
I enjoyed the whole job, even cleaning the bathrooms at the end of the night.
Enjoyable Customers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Pictou, NSDecember 29, 2015
while working at Shell I enjoyed the interaction with the customer most. The day time hours were good, working out in the winter wasnt good. noisy enviroment. very agreeable boss
secure and fun environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 22, 2015
Pros: safety at nights
Cons: no stable hours dedicated.
good place to be social and responsible.
safety and surveillance is the major criteria.
great relations can be maintained with customers.
party culture at the time of Christmas.
good pay and maintenance.
healthy relationship with co workers and owner.
Environmental Friendly, Productive and challenging
Worker (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 20, 2015
It is really a nice to work in shell. you can actually know about customer care service and people are are cooperative.Flexible working hours too.
productive and fun
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2015
Pros: free coffee
get to deal with new people (customers everyday).It improved my problem solving and money management skills. Now i can deal with customers more effectively and can handle jay-customers.
very productive and busy place
Cashier (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: friendly enviroment, no stress
Cons: hard to get days off of your choice sometimes
Its always fun to work there, its very buys place specially in summers which is good for business. The working environment is very friendly and co workers and the boss is very helpfull and understanding. overall i like working there.
Simple, easy to do job.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Uxbridge, ONJuly 31, 2015
A family owned gas bar makes working here feel less like a chore and more like working from home. The air is much more relaxed and sales goals are not harshly enforced.

A day involves the supervision of the gas bar, delivering excellent customer service while maintaining the hygiene standards set by management.

A very simple job by nature the most difficult part was dealing was irritated customers who generally dampened the day. Most parts of the job were enjoyable as most people were in and out and those who stayed to chat were pleasant to speak to.
sd
Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 30, 2015
great job and got to meet lots of people. You serve many people and you help them with gas and paying for stuff. I was in charge of keeping the store clean as well
productive
Full-time Cashier (Former Employee), 9620 120 St, Surrey, BC V3V 4C3June 26, 2015
work place was good and environment of work was very enjoyable because i would like to talk with peoples and listen to them with quit behavior
Part time only, great manager, no room for advancement
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: Getting to meet a lot of great people
Cons: No breaks, work alone
arrive 15 min. early, count tills, assist customers with purchases. Manager is amazing, co-workers all great. Hardest part of the job was having to assist difficult customers, easiest part was assisting great customers.
Overall good worker
o Full-time (Former Employee), huronJune 15, 2015
Dedicated hard worker, always kind, on time, great communication skills! I was always able to work and would choose work over anything else.
MULTITASKING
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton,OntarioJune 15, 2015
Pros: Pushing limits beyond capacity, time management, zero error liability, Customer Satisfaction
Cons: Long hours, Counting cash and Scratch, Remembering too many numbers
It was end of the day which took atleast 10-20 mins,too much rush at the same time,not even have a microsec to waste but at the end I handle that scenario perfect and there is hidden mystery shopper in b/w that time
it is a fun place
Customer Attendant (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 12, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
it is a fun place to work at we all enjoy our shifts to the most and there is no pressure while working there manager and staff is brilliant
Productive and fun place to work for. Regular customers are amazing!
Customer Service, Greeting (Current Employee), BowmanvilleMay 26, 2015
Just an overall good place to work! Management team is amazing. Co workers are great. Your usual regulars are always friendly!
Fun environment. fast pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), GlenwoodMay 14, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Lack of hours
It was a nice interactive place to work at. Fast pace and customer service oriented. The people were nice and co-workers were every friendly. Training was thoroughly provided. I learnt how to operate a cash register and how to carry out transactions. I reported to my manager and was paid minimum wage.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMay 5, 2015
Pros: everything is good
Cons: nothing
I love to work here. I always like to go for my job as i feel energetic. i feel good when i talk with other people and my colleagues.
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), mississaugaApril 30, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: night shifts
• Greet customers and make sure the customers are being taken care of.
• Ensure a clean and attractive display of merchandise by checking codes, rotating products, and removing out-dated products. Organizing workload and allocating tasks on a daily basis.
• Ensure professionalism & high quality is continually maintained.
• Training of new staff & identifying training requirements of existing staff.
• Opening and closing the work place.
I have a very good experience while working with shell
site manager (Current Employee), edmontonApril 27, 2015
working with shell gas station was a good experience.shell co is world wide and every day you learn so many things for health and safety because shell is very particular about the safety of their employees
Very social interractions and kind people
Full service gas pump attendant (Former Employee), PenetanguisheneApril 25, 2015
Pros: Tips
Cons: No break
Worked at this location for two years and had enjoyed that time. The boss was very nice and understanding. Very repetitive job but if you enjoy meeting new people it's no problem.