Shell Canada Ltd. Employee Reviews

It was a top notch company to work for. The benefits were great and the employees were enjoyable to work with.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2015
My day started at 7:30 am and ended at 4:30 pm. However, due to the demands of the job many of us were there until very late in the evening. It was extremely rewarding to put so much time and effort into a project and arrive at the required results. We all worked very well together and sometimes kept each other awake. A lot of friendship and respect was shared amongst us. Management was always supportive and we were always recognized for a job well done. The hardest part of the job was trying to function normally on a very limited amount of sleep but most of all dealing with the guilt of not spending enough time with my two little girls. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of pride I felt within myself and the respect I felt for my co-workers and management.
Pros
I was paid very well and the group dinners provided by management, management also attended . the benfits were awesome!
Cons
I worked too many hours but i had no options due to the deadlines, and we would all start to burn out.
Great place to work people company
Sulphur Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2012
Started work around 6:30 each day finished around 4:00.( I was very lucky that Shell hired me right out of high school.) I learned that hard work and getting along with people management recongized and advancement was in reach. The hardest part of my job was month end when I was the Sulphur Accountant. I worked lots of weekends and long hours in order to meet all the deadlines. Most enjoyable part of my job was the people and the team building sessions we had outside of work.
Pros
team building sessions
Cons
month end deadlines