Milk Delivery Driver and Merchandiser “Milk Man/Woman”
Sheldon Creek Dairy
We’re looking for a “Milk Man/Woman” to join our team!
You will be delivering Sheldon Creek Dairy product to stores over a route to regular customers, including Convenience stores, small supermarkets, local retailer etc. You get to drive a delivery vehicle and bring product into the store. You are responsible for product rotation and stocking store shelves, displays, and cooler. You will set up promotional materials such as pricing signs and banners. You will be delivering invoices and have frequent interaction with store management. You will be required to push/pull cases ranging from 20 -- 45 pounds repeatedly throughout the day as well as kneeling, climbing, bending, reaching and walking while delivering and stocking the product. You may be required to pass pre-employment physical capability evaluation. You will need a clean driver record and great personality!
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES: - Service all scheduled customers by the end of shift - Establish positive working relationships with primary contact at each account- Merchandise store shelving, coolers and displays with Sheldon Creek Dairy products in accounts assigned by supervisor - Keep back room stock in neat and orderly condition - Communicate sales results to store and Sheldon Creek Dairy management - Build customer relationships at store level
Shift: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 30hrs/week
- 25 years or older
- Pass the validated Selection check
Skills and Other things we are looking for:
- Be hard working and self motivated.
- Be able to work autonomously with little supervision.
- Be committed to continuous improvement and pro-active in identifying areas of change.
- Be versatile in your approach to all tasks set with excellent organizational skills.
- Hold a current Ontario driving license with clean record.
- Working for a retail business or grocery store (for example, understanding store operations, knowledge of back room/inventory, or stocking aisles and shelves)
- Making sales calls and selling products (for example, introducing new products, launching promotions, establishing new points of distribution in existing accounts, or making deals)
- Operating large refer van (for example, performing basic functions like driving forwards, driving backwards, or maneuvering in tight spaces)
- Performing basic mathematical calculations (for example, adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing.- Moving products within a store (for example, safely stacking and moving products on equipment such as hand truck/dolly)
- Merchandising products (for example, filling shelves, building displays, making products look attractive, rotating products, cleaning shelves, or eliminating out of stocks and out of date products)
- Customer Service (handling customer complaints, responding to customer requests, or meeting customer needs)
If you are interested and feel that you have the qualities we need, please send a CV and covering letter to: Marianne den Haan, HR administrator by email or drop off at Sheldon Creek Dairy 4316 RR#2 Loretto Ontario L0G 1L0