Shawcor Employee Reviews

all good
Project Manager / Lead Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2017
nice people, good environment
Great work life balance - Great environment to work in, and great coworkers. Everyone is very easy to approach and ask questions
sackbsajlcnsk;a
Pros
defrd
Cons
fdgdg
safety orientated environment, good wage, and excellent opportunities for growth
Wheel load operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 November 2017
It was a safety orientated place to work at. We started out the day expressing safety concerns and how to make the jobs easier for one another. There was not a hard day at work and the best and enjoyable part about the job were my co workers and management, They made it easier to do the job by training and offering the right tools to do the job.
Pros
good pay
Cons
shift work
Still a good place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2016
...even with the oil market on the downturn, the company is keeping afloat. Many challenges still ahead, lot to learn and do. Still many good people around, hoping for better times
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Long hours/weeks
Overall good Company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 October 2016
Long days when busy, Definitely no work life balance 7 days a week going hard, management was supportive but always on a constant hiring cycle due to the high rate of turn over.Co-workers were good.
Pros
great pay
Cons
No Life
Lots of opportunity but lacking leadership
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC5 October 2016
With Shawcor their is a lot of opportunity for advancement. I found the people I worked with to be the main reason for going to work as the job is quite unfulfilling.

Day to day work changed all the time at customer requests. Employees were often told what they were doing during the day, just to be thrown in 3 more directions within an hour.

I recommend this company to anyone looking for advancement and an opportunity to climb the corporate ladder, but if you are someone looking for structure, organization and leadership....Look elsewhere.
Pros
Guaranteed full time hours in oil patch position
Cons
random hours (8-16), dont make any plans for weekends as your on call 24/7
There is so much to learn, not a very progressive company
Project Manager, Process Engineering (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2016
Shawcor is a big company or let me correct myself used to be big in the industry. Backward decision making and lack of coordination have made it a less scary rival for others out there.
Things got worse when the oil price went down in 2014. There was no strategy to get on its feet that's why most of the new hires tend to be on contract which jeopardized the job security.
Pros
Still a pretty big name, One can learn new things
Cons
Poor benefits, no job security and less place for improvement
Amazing second home
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 May 2016
I love my job here at Shawcor, I am the operations assistant and help each and every co worker everyday. I am responsible for multiple tasks in a day to help make the office and other's jobs easier.
Pros
Comfortable
Cons
long drive to work
Bad Morale
Operations Assistant Head Office (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2016
This job had bad morale in the working environment, treated employees with no respect, large turnover. Managers were not professional at their jobs.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Disrespect
Great when oil prices are high...
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 May 2015
Lots of great people but doesn't realize the company has zero brand recognition outside of the TSX trading floor - a small fish in a giant pond!
great place to work
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 February 2014
nice people and good time shift. just not a health place to work. Its too dangerous with sanding and paint everywhere