Shaw Group

Shaw Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Workplace was good
Loader Operator (Former Employee), Moncton, NBSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: was good
Cons: was good
-Typical day at work was good
-I learned to run a loader
-Management was good to me
-Co-workers were good to work with
-The hardest part of the job was to get ready to do the job.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was to go home after the hard days work.
Alright
Product Worker (Current Employee), Lantz, Nova ScotiaJune 24, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: lack of appritcation
It is an alright place to work for. The biggest down fall is the lack of communication, management. They also pay the blame game for with something happens. My Co- Workers are great. They are fun to be around and make the time go fast. The hardest part of my job is figuring out how to fix the problems in the different jobs that we do.
good place to work
Customer Care/Technical Support (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 17, 2014
good place to work,benefits are good and good team members.Great room for advancement
Productive and have fun with co-workers
Kiln Operator (Current Employee), Lantz, NSNovember 11, 2013
I do my regular routines throughout the day or night. Taking readings, trials, cleaning up around the kiln.Loading and taking cars out of the kiln. Its always something new to learn about the operation of the kiln of how its run. Management treats me well. They buys us ice cream or Gatorade on hot summer days plus give us a bbq in July. They give us – more... rewards when we dont miss any time or any lost time accidents. My co workers make it a fun place to work. Joking around with others and playing cribbage on our lunch breaks. The hardest part of my job is working in extreme heat in the summer or doing maintenance on the kiln in tight spots if no one is around to help. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the kiln is working at its best with very minimum adjustments. Makes the day go really good. – less
Best of the best
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2013
This company provides employees with amny flexible choices to do the work.
great place to work but can't progreds in the company
Operator/Skilled Labourer (Current Employee), Lantz, NSFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: early start early finish, supply coveralls and boot allowance
Cons: heavy lifting and dirty
Shift starts at 5am
Do walk around of machine complete logs
Complete forklift logs and checks
Start machine
I have learned many safety tips and how to be lean
Management could be in the plant more to see the actual jobs start to finish
Co workers are great group to work with
flexible income, and the people are wonderful!
Customer Solution Expert (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: free coffee and benefits are free..
Cons: not enough hours.
flexible hours as a part timer,

the benefits are comprehensive and the product is competitive

management shares a positive and lively attitude,

coworkers are all a team player

no hardship that can be overcome,

the coffee is free and a lot of selection!!
FUN TO WORK AND GOOD MANAGMENT
Customer Solution rep (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2012
Pros: free lunch and healthy food
Cons: short hours
I HAD GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY AND I LEARNED A LOT OF GOOD EXPERIENCE AND WITH LOT OF HELPING HANDS, GOOD SALARY PACKAGE AND GOOD HEALTH CARE PACK.
Senior Structural Engineer
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: that was my first job with those big huge project
Cons: mangement
Working in Nuclear work goes slowly. A lot of checking of the engineering calculations.
Shaw was very easy to work for
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Eden, NCNovember 15, 2014
Pros: you were always informed of what was to be done nightly
Cons: getting to get the union workers to move at a faster pace when needed
We had meetings daily to let everyone know what the plan of the day was ,I thought that was very important. Everyone was very helpful if you needed it. Everyone was there to help each other. The only hard part was the pace of the work at times other that that work was a place that was enjoyable to go to.
good
Boilermaker (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 13, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: weather
I went to work every day with a positve attitued. I was able to learn to techniques for prefoming my job. I enjoyed the peopel i worked with and management. The hardest part was meeitng deadline and the most enjoyable was meeting deadlines.
Theres a reason they sold out to CB&I
QA/QC-Inspector (Former Employee), Port Allen, LANovember 11, 2014
When I was nearing my tenure working for shaw they had fallen into using the good ol boy network for hiring on my site
great co.
Heavy Equipment Operator/ Environmental Department (Former Employee), Saint Paul, VANovember 7, 2014
good people, great benefits, good way to make a living and provide for a family
company was taken over
Desktop and Network Support Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: none noted
Cons: many unfortunately
Busy day at work. however teh Owner of Shaw Incorporated was ruthless and cut what we thought were essential staff. this caused a major down fall and left many with a bad taste. Eventually the company failed in the engineering market and was sold out from under everyone
Lot of chance to work with new people
Foreman/Pipefitter (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LANovember 4, 2014
Pros: good wages
Cons: health care plan, little time with family
Working around new people on a weekly basis, the job was enjoyable to be part building something very unique
A Positive Place to be Train
Field Safety/Trainer (Former Employee), Fulton Ark.November 3, 2014
As a Safety trainer, I believed that I was the first line of defence before the team went out into the field to begin the craft. I had the responsibility of making sure that I bring the field into the classroom and identify the hazards that could come up. Communication, thinking outside the box, being a team player even more.
my review is summed up with alot of goods and bads
Rigger (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 31, 2014
A typical day at work would start with a {JSA} jobs afety analys to go over the do's and don'ts of the job for that day.Then u plan your day as it goes along pick after pick.Something that you learn is to be safe safety is the most important thing to learn on a construction site if not real bad things can happen and people get injuried and that not – more... good so the main thing to learn is SAFETY FIRST.Management sometimes makes the job more difficult that is should be because the craft employees might have a different oppion about something and management dose'nt want to listen they like it there way so that leaves the skilled worker as to beleive his oppion has no influnce on the job at hand.Co-workers u try to work together with every body but sometimes that is not always the way it works so when something like that goes wrong work should stop everybody regroup and have a group disscuion to point out the problem and see if it can be resolved in a timely manner.The hardestpart of the job is making sure that everyone is working together sometimes some co-workers like to lay back and let someone else take up there slack and that puts alot of pressure on other people which creates problems with each other so every one needs to carry there own weight not to leave it to someone else to pick it up for them.The most enjoyable part of the job is when u go to work and everyone works together and makes the job run smooth for everyone .When u have a group of people that work with each other everything tends to run alot better than when u got one or two who want to not work with everyone else.BUT THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE DAY IS WHEN U HAVE A VERY SUCESSFUL DAY ON THE JOB ALL THE WORK THAT HAS BEEN PLANED GETS DONE AND EVERYONE LEAVES THE WAY THEY COME IN INJURY FREE THAT'S AN ENJOYABLE DAY AT WORK THINK SAFETY FIRST AND THE REST WILL PLAY IT'S OWN PART – less
Team environment and mentality.
Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee), Worthington, OHOctober 31, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Always working on new and improved ways of executing work flow. Researched and applied best practices for paperless environment.
worse experience in my live!!!
staff scientist (Former Employee), miami lakesOctober 22, 2014
I finished my school so exited that I got my firth professional job but all my dreams were down in this fake company. The personals don't talk each other , they don't discuss the project between them and the management the worse ever seem in my life.

I have a Latino background and several time I was force to not use native language. 3 times they scream – more... to my, point me for my lack of experience.

I preferred come back to work in the jungle or sometimes monkeys are better animal that them.

The only think that I appreciated is that they give my at least one reference letter for my next job.

The project manager is an unfranking control communist.

Now I got another job with the best professional people and I don't have to deal with beast any more....

Next time I want my lower!!!! – less
Company values
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee), Aiken, SCSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: reasonable health insurance, yearly incentive pay, relocation opportunites, paid vacation and sick time
Cons: unpaid lunch breaks (unless otherwise noted), you had the opportunity to purchase a healthcare plan
This review is for Areva Federal Services

I am an employee of Areva Federal Services which co-partners with Shaw,

Areva Federal Services value their employees. They are family sensitive company. They show concerns for your work environment and have an open door policy to come see the Areva HR Manager that you are assigned to, considering anything. – more... There's no worry of intimidation or reprisal for addressing your concerns.

Training and updating you on what goes on in the company is one of their main focuses. You don't have to be concern about how the company is doing, any new developments is updated almost daily if not weekly. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Shaw Group

The Shaw Group is one of the world's largest power plant engineering and construction contractors, as well as a top environmental – Read more