Shaw Communications

Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Best Company to work with
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 August 2016
Shaw is one of the best company to work with, they takes care of the employe plus the benefits are so good. Co- Workers are very good, always ready to help each other.
Pros
Good Work environment, Amazing Benefits, Scope for growth
Cons
Can't find any
fun co workers. managment not so much.
Construction Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 August 2016
I loved the job i did and the people i worked for, however the management and career advancement was only considered if you sucked up to the people above you.
Fun place to work
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 August 2016
Fun place to work,call centre has many opportunities to earn more money via commission

Management are approachable
and the co-workers are friendly
Pros
Commissions
Cons
Some Managers play favorites
A new promising compamy
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 August 2016
I worked with sub contractor(a apertnership firm) for the shaw technologies. It was a learning experience and looked to be promising career but unfortunately their contract ended.
Great work/lifestyle balance
Business Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2016
Prospecting
Building relationships
Closing deals
Great management
Great group of people to work with, not only in my department, but in all departments, as well.
Great Collaberative Team Environment
SPECIALIST SPONSORSHIPS AND EVENTS (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 July 2016
I thouroughly enjoyed working with my team within the Corporate office of Calgary. I had the best of both worlds and while I was located in Vancouver, I worked with the Corporate team out of Calgary. Everybody I worked with worked very hard and were passionate about their role within Shaw. It made me work that much harder knowing that my team was working as hard as I was for a common goal. I will very much miss my colleagues at Shaw and know that it will be hard to replace such a fantastic working environment.
Pros
Flexibility. Management valued your ideas and opinions.
Cons
Too many layoffs. (I was one of the people downsized after three rounds of cutbacks).
Worst place to work
Sales and Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 July 2016
Shaw is worst place to work. Management is really bad and people steal each others sale for few dollars.
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 July 2016
Shaw is a great place to work. Everyone one here is amazing. The hardest part about this job is the upset customers. I dont feel like I am going to advance here and be able to make a career out of this. I would much rather work with children,
Pros
Lots of over tie
Cons
advancement
Poor Management
field (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 July 2016
Managers have meetings all the time but they sure don't have a clue what each other are doing. If you kiss a---, you'll get ahead in this company but if you work, nobody will notice you because managers don't do their jobs.
Pros
A great place to work if you don't like working. Easy to hide out from work
Cons
Poor managers
Productive and fun workplace
In Home Solutions Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  240 Hunter Rd, Kelowna BC14 July 2016
Good company to work for. They look after their employees. Strong sales initiative with a youthful and vibrant culture that is strongly developing.
Technical Support Representative at Shaw
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 July 2016
Inbound call centre focusing on technical support of Shaw's products. (Cable, internet and Phone service)

Located in the Downtown core in Vancouver, Canada.

Beautiful building overlooking the marina downtown.
Job culture was friendly and many good people worked with me here.
Some days, the difficulty was that customers would wait long periods of time waiting for someone to address their concern, and these incidents could last from a couple of hours to an entire shift.

On the positive side, the good days left you feeling fulfilled and useful to society.

Overall, a good place to work.
A fun place to work with amazing benefits
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2016
A fun environment to work in with great co workers, great place to learn new things, amazing benefits, and good for work/life balance. Management is very friendly and is always there to help. A typical day at work for me was answering phones, taking sales/billing/technical calls about Shaw services.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with a customer who would call in just to yell and scream, or get upset because something would not work which is part of the territory. The best part of my day was being able to make a customer happy and knowing they were getting good service on my part. One of the many things I learned being a part of the Shaw family was to become a leader for new hires and my co workers in general.
Pros
great benefits, good management, friendly co workers, decent pay, a lot of different activities such as golf tournaments, free lunches, etc
Cons
company politics can get in the way, not enough communication within the company, lots of gossip
A good work enviroment to start out in
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 July 2016
Some of the management ways are a bit outdated. They will basically look at you from the start and decide where they want you to go in the company. Even if you apply for different positions if your current manager doesn't think that is the direction for you they will black ball you.

Also they treat you just like a number and work you as hard as they can. Raises are next to nothing if you do get get one at all. Reviews always focus on negatives and never provide positive feedback.

As the culture is dog eat dog some will try to step over you do get more money.
Dream Home Cleaning
Customer Solutions Expert (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2016
Here I learned a lot about how to work quickly and effectively as there was a lot of work to get through in a day. The demand for excellence and attention to detail was a great way to learn about to how to clean professionally.
work review
Customer Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 July 2016
Fast-paced, required multi-tasking, which I had no problem with>learned what it required to speak with so many different types of people, and that it helped to adapt to them, relate to them.
Co-workers were kind, it was a joy to see them everyday.
the hardest part was probably getting reviewed by a customer in surveys, & really not knowing what was going to be said, they could give a bad review on your call if they were upset about the company in general, or an interaction with someone else entirely, that had nothing to do with you.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to speak with different/new customers everyday.
Pros
great benefits, co-workers were kind, loved the job
Cons
schedule fluctuated spontaneously/affected my health
Positive & fun work place with great management.
Calgary as 'Customer Solution Expert (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2016
I looked forward to go to work as it was such a positive & encouraging atmosphere. Our day use to start with meetings daily which were equally fun & encouraging as much as informative & engaging. It was a learning experience working with great team & management who were always there to support.
Fun atmosphere, stressful evironment
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 July 2016
A typical day at Shaw as a CSE is pretty stressful. Targets aren't attainable unless you're making sales the wrong way and if you're not reaching targets your hours are cut and you're at risk of being fired, BUT if you're making sales the WRONG way you get in trouble/written up too. It's really hard to do well.
Shaw Cables & Communications, Excellent place/company to work with.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 July 2016
- Shaw Cables & Communications, Excellent place/company to work with. The company provides great benefits & values.
- For me, a typical day at work in the company, simply full of energy as the company not only provide an enjoyable & healthy working environment but also with a lot of news opportunities to learn new technologies & ideas from a very supportive team right from an team member to a Manager,
- Overall, it was a great experience for me to work for such a wonderful company.
trials and tribulations
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 June 2016
helping customers with their cable related problems-including billing and outtages. Helping other teams out when they needed extra help.
Pros
some good employees
Cons
long hours, not much advancement, no values, no communication
Super bad company to work for
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 June 2016
We get monitored for when we leave and arrive. There is no culture there. You can complain genuine things about your manager and have proof, but it just gets ignored. You cant get promotions even after going over and above for over 15 years. They spend a lot of money on things around the office and the senior management but consistently lay people off even before the oil took a down turn. DO NOT WORK HERE