Shaw Communications

Shaw Communications Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very productive and the people who worked there made it enjoyable
Inside Sales rep (Former Employee), winnipegApril 21, 2013
Pros: job reliability
Cons: long hours
Long hours, but every month some new company events ways to imrpove your career and earn more income. Very fun atmosphere.
Terrible environment
sales rep (Former Employee), calgaryApril 17, 2013
toxic environment
incompetent management
below par salary
terrible environment
A large organization still run like a family business - it doesn't work
Sales (Former Employee), AlbertaApril 16, 2013
Pros: good pay, nice benefits
Cons: bad leadership and management
The company is significantly behind on its internal technology despite being a technology company. This means getting work done is tedious and difficult because of ancient systems and outdated processes.
Management is primarily comprised of internal hires. If you "grew up" in the company and if people "like you" then you'll stand a better chance at – more... advancement. Qualifications sometimes don't matter and this creates a top heavy organization comprised of leaders who don't know what they're doing. – less
Business division lost
Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee), BCApril 15, 2013
Pros: staff discount
Cons: non-inspiring leadership
Pay is good. Shaw residential is well run, but the Shaw Business is run by yes men switching campaigns and focus mid-stream and demoralizing and alienating staff. When I was there, people could not wait to get out of Shaw Business fast enough.
I have worked in professional environments before, but this was not one of them. Reps were fighting over leads – more... like it was the Octagon. Infighting was tolerated and encouraged by pitting different channels against each other. Great tactic to get the sale in the short term, but cancerous to morale and motivation in the long term. – less
Fun and Exciting
CSR (Current Employee), EdmontonApril 15, 2013
Pros: complimentary healthy snacks, sales incentives
Cons: shift work
It was a fun, dymamic, and fun place to work. Lots of energy.
Lots of great team players, and opportunities to move up in the business.
Very goog place to work
Sr. S/W Architect (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2013
If you want to do something by yourself, this is the place, at least the team I worked with
Very goog place to work
Sr. S/W Architect (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2013
Very bad management
Technician (Current Employee), CalgaryMarch 12, 2013
I am working there almost 10 years
No respect at all
You need to be a "yes man" sir if you want to work there.
Fulfilling work environment
Business Sales Support (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 8, 2013
Pros: incentives, team building events, great location
Encouraged independent thinking. Positive work environment, co-workers always willing to help. Management very approachable.
Very stressful and fast paced environment
Sales and Customer Service Executive (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: great pay, benefits
Cons: very stressful and paid a price for those benefits with your health and mental peace.
The job itself @ the call center was highly stressful,demanding and fast paced,dealing with irate customers all the time,which was made worse by an even more demanding target driven slave driver of a manager,with bad to worse shifts!!!
The entire experience was a pure nightmare which landed up having adverse effects on my health!!!
Fumbling topheavy leadership
Technician (Former Employee), CalgaryDecember 7, 2012
Pros: free shirts + employee social events
Cons: no pension plan
My time at Shaw was a maze of department shuffles with each new manager/regional manager/supervisor having a vision that was not congruent with the last. Sometimes long term employees are advanced but lack the skills for the job. Politics! Demand to get job done faster...while having frequent mandatory meetings to discuss progress. Family oriented with – more... twice yearly gatherings for family events that were enjoyable for all. Minimal increases and few perks. Some benefits. I left to go to Telus for the better wages, and pension plan that only a union can guarantee. Having said that, there are many days I regret my decision. – less
very fun work place with lots of challanges
Sales Representative (Former Employee), nanaimoNovember 26, 2012
Pros: great employee discounts. great pay and oppertunities for commission
Cons: rude customers, problems with communication between other reps.
Shaw was a great place to work, i loved it there. the money, the people and the job its self was great.
FYI
Sales service representative (Former Employee), Montreal, qcOctober 10, 2012
Pros: free coffee, great benefits, good pay
Cons: horrible organization and management
Good pay, great benefits.... Horrible management. Company lacks organization and professionalism.
?
Inside Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCOctober 2, 2012
Pros: good benifits, great co-workers and pay was alright
Cons: uneducated management, hours worked late sometimes
Helping cx's with their issues,
I have learned how to handle calls inbound and out and deal with escalations.
Co-workers were great and I wish them the best.
Management could be more educated I found in their roles.
Helping cx's figure out their bills and services.
Great People, values and work/life balance
Project Lead (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2012
Collaborating with extremely talented team members daily to increase Shaw’s online presence with customers as been a wonderful experience, Shaw has been a great place to work that provided a great environment to work in.
It was a great 20 years at Shaw, a few ups and downs, but a great place to work
Supervisor, Customer Care (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCSeptember 20, 2012
My day at Shaw was always, busy, exciting, lots of changes there was always something new happening.
What didn't I learn at Shaw: I had a great mentor who's guidance not only helped me with my career but my home life. It was a great experience that reminded me of the values we have and to practice them daily.. also patience.
I worked with the best people. – more... There was such a diversity among the teams that kept you on your toes and reminded you that everyone is different and has different learning curves.
Meetings could sometimes be daunting.. just too many, which took you away from being there for your team.
The people was the most enjoyable part of the job, plus the constant changes, always something new to learn which kept the job interesting and creative – less
Great company, great people.
Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: fun and open culture.
Cons: change can be slow.
Shaw is a fun and challenging place to work at. The value of the company help to define and provide a framework for your daily job.
Very busy place with high call volume but worked with great staff
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 11, 2012
Pros: co-workers
Cons: call volume that we could not keep up too
I was a csr that took calls from customers in all aspects of cable, from installs to disconects and concerns that arose throughout the call if needed. Handled all discrepensies with the utmost privacy and confidense of the call, handled large volume of calls on a daily basis.
My co-workers were some of the best in the field we worked well together and – more... helped when needed always there.
Manegment was there but did not have a hands on where we were concerned, we handled most of the situations as they came up, we were empowered to make any calls that needed to be solved.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping new employees when needed or just making a customer who was having a bad day make them have a smile at the end of a difficult call. There were not alot of hard part of the job to deal with. – less
Fun place to work if your a good sales person
Customer Service Expert (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2012
Pros: free coffee and healthy snacks
Cons: an evening shift
Log onto all systems, check email, respond to customers that left messages and then take inbound or outbound calls.
Not the best manangement
National Training Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 30, 2012
Management seemed to be quite scattered. Great pay, not the best work environment.