Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 4, 2016
Be ready to work different shifts. But pay is okay with commissions. You have to be a patient person to handle the job. Everyone around you are open to help
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Usually busy days with calls coming in regarding queries for products and services and other aspects related to shaw services. Handling customers problems and resolving in an efficient way
overall great place to work, and start a career for a young person out of school
technical support rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 21, 2015
this is a great company to work for. they are very focussed on the clients and giving the best overall customer services.

employees share in the success of the company aswell by getting a bonus if performance is good for the year.

benefits are great and rival some of the top companies in canada.

work enviroment changes due to management or new procedures however usually its very fun and lite hearted .
very repetitive job
Customer Advisor-Customer Care-Billing (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 1, 2016
like almost every call center you are doing the same thing every day. however they do not make it clear when you are first hired your targets and goals.
Pros
great people
Cons
long days
Great work life Balance
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
Fun working environment with great work-life balance.
Great daily support and development.
Great benefits and employee perks.
Dedicated agent support.
Open enviroment to grow your carrer
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Develop the sales and service skills of a team of representatives dedicated to the delivery of World Class Customer Service
Oversee performance management process for team (i.e.. coaching, performance reviews, disciplinary actions)
Provide ongoing support to direct report team members including: coaching, performance reviews, schedule and vacation requests, compensation/ incentive conversations, and performance management
Coaching includes regular observations and feedback on behaviors, results, and career development. Performance management includes providing clarity around exceptions and timely appropriate follow up on consequences both positive and corrective in nature
Achieve monthly team sales and upgrade targets
Develop, deploy and manage sales and service incentive programs
Prepare detailed reports on various key performance indicators and recommends strategies to close gaps
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Job stability
Exciting fast paced environment with a fun atmosphere
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Was accountable for answering calls from new and existing customers, with a focus on technical support and promoting the features at shaw.
Management rewarded hard work and engagement
Overall impression
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 25, 2015
The company nurtures a sense of family and unity. Supervisors, managers and representatives collaborate the most possible to the benefit of the reputation of the company.
Pros
Occasional events, parties and seasonal gatherings
Cons
Repetitive pattern of calls and problems makes the job monotonous
not really a great job
Outbound sales representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 2, 2016
the company has no regards for there employees, the hours are horrible and most supervisors are power hungry. not really a great place to work at.
Fun environment, but stiff management.
Technical Support Representative. (Current Employee) –  14 Fultz Boulevard, Winnipeg Manitoba, CanadaNovember 24, 2015
Great work environment. Everyone was very welcoming, and was able to answer any question I could throw at them. Although, when it came down to brass tacks, it seemed like they didn't know how to manage anything, especially when it came down to supervisors. For example, Supervisor A will say that you get three write-ups, then you're done. Supervisor B, will say you get one verbal warning, one write-up, then you're done. All supervisors are completely different and some are a LOT more strict than others.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay, promote from inside the company.
Cons
No definitive values, training is sloppy.
The work/life balance has been declining recently.
eCare Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCNovember 14, 2015
We recently went through some scheduling changes and there have been very large meetings about Work.Life balance and what would work best for scheduling. We just got introduced to a new schedule system and it is even worse for Work/Life Balance :( It's almost impossible to plan for anything.
Pros
Benefits, the Staff, wage, vacation and stat days
Cons
Scheduling. It should be performance based, or even lifestyle based. I am a mother of 2 kids under age 9, when I get scheduling 2:30pm-10:30pm - I literally never see them awake.
Working at Shaw
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  VancouverApril 17, 2016
Great fast paced environment. Lots of learning. You are told there is lots of opportunity to grow, but it is in fact very limited.
Poor Training
sales representative (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaNovember 11, 2015
When I started as a sales rep, the company couldn't provide me the proper training to do my job. I had to learn as I went on with my shifts. I had to call other Shaw locations, or email them back and forth on how to do certain things which embarrassed me. I think I could've gotten more sales if I had started from A to Z with the training, instead of it being given to me as I struggled by myself.
Pros
Good commission, hours
Cons
Poor communication when it came to training.
Great for honing in on special areas which are fcused on a daily basis
CSR Billing Rep (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 19, 2015
Great for honing in on special areas which are focused on a daily basis.
The people make going to work a pleasant experience and the supervisors are supportive and involved in the progression of the staff.
Fun workplace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2016
A nice place to work at if you have a knack for sales and customer service. emphasis is placed on building good relationship with the clients.
An outstanding and very successful family run Company
CLEC Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2015
I truly loved every day that I was employed with Shaw Communications and could not say one negative thing about the company. Now that I have my child though I am unable to work a full-time position and excited about a new part-time opportunity that can keep me busy and feeling fulfilled.
Pros
The most wonderful people, An outstanding company that truly values outstanding customer service, Hard work and dedication goes a long way
Cons
Very difficult to obtain a position in Calgary with most work now being done in Victoria
Productive Place to work with lots of Incentives & Tools for motivation
In Home Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 26, 2016
Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 14,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.

At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.

Career Opportunity: Technical Service Representative (Multicultural - Cantonese Speaking)

We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Representative working in our inbound call center in our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Supervisor, Technical Support, the successful candidate will be accountable for answering calls from new and existing customers with a focus on technical support and promoting the features, benefits and advantages of Shaw products and services to our customers.
nothing to say
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2015
That’s an interesting question. I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the product(s), updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our global teams. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option
Family Owned and Operated.. Employees treated like family as well!
Customer Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 21, 2015
Family owned and operated and employees would feel like family as well. Shaw would always take the time to acknowledge its employees throughout the year with BBQs, out of office events and training and outstanding Christmas events for employees and their children.
Lots of incentive to improve skills, advancement opportunities with supportive colleagues and management.
Competitive wages and bonus opportunities!
Free tea, coffee and Healthy snacks everyday.. what more could you ask for..
The only reason I left this company was due to a move from the West part of Canada back to my home town on the East Coast ..
Pros
Rewards when exceeding company goals, free Coffee, heathy snacks
Cons
Long hours if requested
Enjoyable work play, with much more to offer
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 20, 2015
Call Center environment, fun, friendly, loved coming to work and seeing long time co workers and staff. There were many sales incentives that made the job more enjoyable.The hardest part of that job was last few months of working at Shaw, know our last few months were coming to an end.