Shaw Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Family Owned and Operated.. Employees treated like family as well!
Customer Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 21, 2015
Family owned and operated and employees would feel like family as well. Shaw would always take the time to acknowledge its employees throughout the year with BBQs, out of office events and training and outstanding Christmas events for employees and their children.
Lots of incentive to improve skills, advancement opportunities with supportive colleagues and management.
Competitive wages and bonus opportunities!
Free tea, coffee and Healthy snacks everyday.. what more could you ask for..
The only reason I left this company was due to a move from the West part of Canada back to my home town on the East Coast ..
Pros
Rewards when exceeding company goals, free Coffee, heathy snacks
Cons
Long hours if requested
Enjoyable work play, with much more to offer
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 20, 2015
Call Center environment, fun, friendly, loved coming to work and seeing long time co workers and staff. There were many sales incentives that made the job more enjoyable.The hardest part of that job was last few months of working at Shaw, know our last few months were coming to an end.
Fun work environment, with many career opportunities.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 21, 2015
Great place to work, and all the staff are nice and friendly. Great location to work downtown at the Shaw Tower. Good company to work for.
A friendly corporate environment with a strong culture.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 13, 2016
Shaw is a great place to ease one's self into the corporate world. A typical day at work will consist of passing by the Starbucks on the first floor, sitting down to any available desk and start taking calls. No cubicles, very social setting. I have learned a great deal about the ins and outs of the telecommunications world, about dealing with just about every demographic in terms of customers. Management in my specific department is airtight and gets above average results, but other parts of the company could use some work, from my perspective. My coworkers are good people and some of them have become real friends. One of the more difficult things about the job to deal with on a daily basis is how enormous of a corporation it actually is, and more specifically how unlikely movement within the company feels as well as how focused on the bottom line virtually everything appears to ride on. I enjoy the people I work with and I enjoy being able to be creative on occasion when I can write an informational email or blog for my team. I can be myself most of the time.
Pros
Good pay. Good people. Great benefits. Stock options.
Cons
Repetitive work. Sedentary in nature. Inconsistent shifts/hours.
Great and ever growing company
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 5, 2015
Shaw promote's from within, so if you're willing to understand your role and work hard, great chances for advancement. They also have an excellent management training program

Only con for me - main head office/call center is located in downtown Vancouver so makes for quite the daily trek.
Pros
Chances for career advancement, excellent management training.
Cons
Long commute from suburbs
Shaw is great place to work.
Loyalty Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 26, 2015
As a loyalty care representative handling customer interaction isn’t always easy, since every interaction is unique and different customers present different challenge. Below I have put together all the things I do in order to keep quality performance expectation. Speak clearly and professionally at all time with every customer. Understanding of the product and service make me more confidence to success. Showing empathy with customer and deliver genuine supportiveness are there to help. Lastly I always try to gain customer trust focusing on customer needs this approach will build customer trust and long-term customer equity.
Pros
Free Tee & Coffee
Easy going relaxed environment, great place to work.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  VancouverSeptember 1, 2015
I would recommed this employer for any one that wishes to further their career. They have great benefits and always have your best interests in mind.
Pros
Great Management that are very approachable
Teamwork, Leader, Communicator
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2015
Fun workplace, like to keep busy, enjoy team work and challenging work environment.
Different type of experience gained.
Family run organization, dynamic company, interesting industry
Manager Billing & Enterprise Applications (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 10, 2015
Definitely a company still heavily influenced by the Shaw family and their culture. This is neither a good nor a bad thing but something to be aware of. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the work I did.
Upbeat office environment
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 15, 2015
High stress position but balanced because of great support system, very relaxed and fun office environment. Typical day at work consists of following up with previous customers, calling new customers while having meetings in between to have management provide updates, keep the energy going and pick me ups.
Great co workers, very easy going and friendly as well as management. Amazing support system. Someone is always there to be a helping hand when you need it.

Best part of the job is the people, the leadership, and the effort they make to keep everyone in high spirits.
Pros
time off phones, free food, games
Cons
hours, constant rejection from customers
lots to learn
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  albertaJuly 29, 2015
it was long time ago but i can remember working and going through training program and learning new things everyday.how to deal with different situations and keeping a good relation between customer and business.
A fun environment with amazing pay if you're self motivated.
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 19, 2015
During my time at Shaw I enjoyed many of the perks that were thrown our way, perhaps the best perk was the ability to write my own pay cheque being a highly motivated, highly experienced sales person.

I very much enjoyed the people and culture at Shaw. They took a hands on approach with their top sales representatives, rewarding top performers with prestige dinners at Pampa's Brazilian Steak House and Von's Steakhouse. We randomly as a department enjoyed activities such as bowling and BBQ's. My co-workers were amazing and as experienced as I am in my craft, I learned so much from them and felt that people genuinely cared.

The hardest part of my job would consist of some months, maybe taking only a single day off, but the compensation, the commissions I made, absolutely were worth my efforts.
A Day in a Life
Customer Service Agent - Sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 21, 2015
A typical day at work encompasses a positive and high-energy environment. From our managers to our colleagues as well as our customers we get motivated to engage with the customer and provide them with the best services possible.

My co-workers are simply the best. They are like family. We understand each other and strive to help one another.

I never found any part of the job to be hard.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you helped hundreds of customers with their services and provided them with the best care possible.
Pros
Great Friends
Cons
Tedious
Technical Suport Representative
TECHNIAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJanuary 21, 2016
Inbound call centre providing technical support and customer service, so a typical workday involved taking calls from people needing assistance with internet, cable and home phone issues. Secondarily, we also assisted with billing and other customer service inquiries and there was some selling involved as well.
I learned a great deal about computers, modems and routers and so forth and that was probably the toughest part of the job.
The management was great, I always had very good relationships with my managers. Co-workers were great, too. I really didn't have any problems with anyone.
I was an Assistant Trainer for about 8 months and enjoyed imparting my customer service, sales and technical support know-how to new hires. Some of them had never worked in a call centre so they had a lot of questions and it was good to have a small part in their growth.
The most enjoyable part of the job was probably the satisfaction of solving a customer's technical or billing problem, especially in cases where they had already called in before and it never got resolved to their satisfaction before. It was gratifying to solve their problem.
Pros
Great technology to work with, ergonomics were good.
Cons
Parking, Shaw Kelowna does not have enough employee parking, space and there is limited space along the road, so sometimes you had to park a long ways away. :(
Delivering results through high performance leadership
Sales and Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2015
I have been lucky to have the autonomy to deliver results and lead my people in a way that is aligned with my personal values. My day to day consists of coaching and motivating leaders to cause performance through others in efforts to achieve organizational metrics. I have gained experience in building and achieving quarterly and annual budget requirements. I have learned to identify the proper time to be creative and draw ideas from my leaders and the time to focus on execution to ensure goals are met.
Pros
supportive leaders, customer focused and great beneifts
Wonderful place to work, incredible benefits
Intermediate Software Developer (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJune 27, 2015
Great culture and people as well the benefits are unmatched by any other employer though the growth opportunities within are not what they use to be.
Fun workplace and supportive Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 22, 2015
Its always a fun day at work and co-workers are really like family. The Management is very supportive from the Supervisors to the Managers. My Sales and Customer Service Skills had develop and enhanced with the constant training I get from the company.
Productive, with amazing staff. Internal opportunities.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 12, 2015
Shaw is a dynamic company with a family atmosphere, plenty of opportunity for advancement and fun work environment. Team leaders and Management are very supportive and will work to make sure you are in the right role for you
More interested in profits than workers
Installation and Service Lead Technician / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 15, 2015
This position was challenging dealing with the constant drive for numbers with safety and the well being of the worker coming second to profits. If you don't want to do an unsafe job. We can give someone all your work to do, and replace you. Long hours, and weekends, and all stats must be worked including Christmas and New Years. again, if you don't want to work Christmas we will just replace you.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no respect, safety always second to profits
IT
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 8, 2015
Great Company. Fun place to work at. Very supportive management.
Every day its a new challenge. Very friendly envoirnment.