Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2017
I enjoyed working there. The staff is really friendly easy to get along with. I loved that there were lots of room for growth within in the company, you can make your way up.
very bad scheduling
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 February 2017
Very poor work life balance due to very bad scheduling. No job secirity due to weekly sometimes daily firings. Extreme employee turnover rate. They hired supervisors from outside the company no on th job experience.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor salary and scheduling
Working in dynamic environment
Governance Analyst - Information Management (ECM) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
My company has a lot of great opportunities for carrier advancement and learning. Flexible working hours are great for employees with families. The company is dynamically growing which creates a lot of space for employees' personal development.
Goodplace to work
Sr. QA Analyst/ Mobile QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2017
I learnt a lot while working for Shaw and they were very innovative at the same time very fun company to work at. I would totally recommend anyone to work a SHAW Communications
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
cant think of any
Politics is a major issue
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
Managers pretend to listen to you without actually actioning your concerns. Environment is highly political, and generally accountability is pushed down the chain instead of up.
Pros
Federal Holidays
Cons
Too many managers
One of the best Companies to work
Sales Consultant ( Telecom, Business and Consumer) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2017
It is one of the best place to work in Western Canada. Shaw takes care of its employees. Great work culture and family atmosphere. .
There isn't much room to progress there
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2017
It is an acceptable work place in overall but if you want to progress most of the ways are block.

balance between job and life is acceptable.

Salary and benefits are not bad.

Job Security is same as other companies in Canada but maybe above of average, it depends.

Management is different, department by department.

Job culture isn't acceptable. your efficiency and your skill doesn't have any role in your success. you should only know how to present and exaggerate about yourself
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 February 2017
a typical day you would come in for your shift 10-15 mintes early and log in and set up all your tools for the day. Next you would start taking calls. Calls would always put customer needs first and look at what you can do to solve their problems and suggest improvements and opportunity to upgrade their account if applicable. There was always help if you needed right around the corner, we would also have bbq's and some random things going on to create incentive. the most enjoyable part of the job would be finding that right package for the customer and informing them on things they didn't even know they existed. The hardest part of the job would be de-escalating customers that were irate. Overall a great place to work!
Large corporation run like a family owned business
Learning Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
Working with Shaw was great. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. They care about their employees. There were a few times, near the end of my tenure there, that they were starting to make changes that would impact they way Shaw was run and not necessarily for the better
Sad to leave
Field Support Administration, (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2017
Shaw was the best company I ever worked for. In the future, I hope to get a similarly enjoyable position in the future. If not for the company wide restructuring which led me on a new path, I may still be working there!
good company
Programmer Analysist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
Great company to start with, balanced work environment, nice benefits for employees, nice people and reasonable overtime pay
Fun filled enviroment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
This was a job that was fun filled but had alot of pressure to keep up your sales. it was very easy to get down on yourself when you were not keeping your sales up.
Many excellent co-workers.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Technician16 January 2017
Great company. Customer satisfaction is very important. Ongoing learning with addition of new technology. Safety is always an important part of the daily routine.
Great place to work, amazing people. Diverse Culture, awesome atmosphere. very relaxing and enjoyable place.
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2017
Great place to work, amazing people. Diverse Culture, awesome atmosphere. very relaxing work hours and enjoyable place.
Pros
great games area. lots of culture, flexible hours.
Cons
fast pace environment.
Table Tennis in the break room, frequent employee get togethers
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2017
Shaw communications was a company that kept itself deeply rooted into the community as well as the corporate. They allowed for great life work livability.
Good working environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 January 2017
A typical work day would involve helping clients manage their accounts.

I learned data handling skills during my time at this job.

Management was fair and were approachable

The hardest part of the job was being eligible for advancement from within.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the colleagues in the same position.
stay away
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
Rude managers and tattle tale supervisors
Place sucks. stay away from here. They laways expect you to come earlier than your time and your never really paid
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 January 2017
-Answering phone calls and email and sell product and services.

-How to make sales.

-The hardest part was to convince the customer that we have the best service in town and they should consider having it to make their life easy.

-The most enjoyable part was when I make a sales I get price and commission.
Pros
Free Lunch
Shaw
Customer Care / Technical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 January 2017
Currently a leader at Shaw Communications.I love the role and it is quite engaging. I like the team atmosphere and the autonomy I have in creating my day and how I lead my team. There has been great support from management in my role in each location I have been in. I would recommend Shaw for anyone that has a positive outlook and who loves in dealing with people all day.
Pros
People, Environment and Educational Opportunities
Cons
Hard to keep people in entry level due to schedules and pay.
Summary
Loyalty Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 January 2017
A great place to work,
flexible hours
Great environment to work
Amazing Team! Supportive and always willing to help others move on up!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval