Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

fun work pace with great people
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 January 2017
-get to the office at 8am
-get to my cubicle section and set up my work station.
- i have learned that time management is a huge key in your work schedule.
-co workers were nice but sometimes got me sidetracked with so many questions about what they had to do. I was the more experience rep at Shaw so i had to always help everyone else.
-It was hard to make sales because Shaw footprint in winnipeg for businesses isn't that strong. So you would have to hunt really hard to make sales. I did well and i was the youngest consultant for the company in the country.
-I really enjoyed working from home. i could work from home or the office but then management changed and then i have to come into the office more often.
- i am very self motivated so i do great job working from my home office.
Pros
team lunches
Cons
was very hard to make sales and worked over 15 hours a day
Productive and fun work place
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 January 2017
There is always a room to learn new things. It is never boring. Communication with clients, colleagues and management is key. It has helped in the innovation of new ideas which results to customer satisfaction, the attainment of goals for the company and employees.
fun and pays well but not secure
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 January 2017
fun fast paced place to work however advancement and security is worth being concerned over. sales is very much a "boys club"
with upper management and middle management being a close group of friends. without this in, advancement is ops are slim to nil
Customer focused
CSR, Senior Sales Respresentative/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 December 2016
Gained a wealth of experience and knowledge in Sales and creating an exceptional customer experience. I was happy to have worked here.
Pros
ability to earn commission
Cons
shift rotations (early mornings/late nights) hard for work/life balance
Camera Work
Television Camera Operator (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON23 December 2016
Everybody is up and ready to be on a crew call for a ceratin time and while we are working we are expected to be on top of the important people and what they can do and what they can achieve.

During my volunteer work I've learned how to work with standard quality cameras and learn how to edit what I've produced.

The Co-workers; the people that taught me, are very adequately helpful people, trustworthy, and very inspiring.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that just getting on set and getting ready to do just be creative and try to inspire others that might be in that field of interest.
Pros
Getting to know my community and helping promte it, Volunteer hours that could help lead to an established position, and free lunches.
Cons
Technical difficulties.
Good working environment and friendly co-worker
Test Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 December 2016
You have good opportunities to work with good and friendly people at Shaw which is diversified to many functional teams. Also you can learn new technologies / product as I tested
Get ready to learn a lot
CSR, Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 December 2016
you will learn a lot of skills here and gain some great knowledge and experience. You have uncapped earning potential with commissions and incentives!
Pros
friendly atmosphere and great earning potential
Cons
short lunches and shift work
Incredible.
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 December 2016
After years of searching for employment that not only emotionally charged me but provided me with stability, starting at shaw was a breath of fresh air. The managers are constantly helping you and making sure you're on track, but they're not pushy, they genuinely enjoy you as a person and want to make sure you're performing to the best of your ability. The training was top notch, I left the 4 weeks of dedicated training with all the knowledge I required to do the job well, and monthly refreshers make all the difference. The benefits are amazing, and the pay is off the charts, especially in this economy. I could not have a better thing to say about this company.
Awesome place with play area's
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 December 2016
It was an amazing place to work. Management was friendly and help was always available. Great pay, and the more things you could upsell or change, the greater your pay was.

Only thing they were stringent about was the being late policy, which is understandable but given how Translink sucks and constantly breaks down, they should have been lenient.
my general day
service repair tech (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC9 December 2016
my job was to help customer with there products and repair there services and to sell product,

also to coordinate and over see projects and complete with in time lines
Great group of people to work with at Shaw
Client Care -Customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2016
Very good health care plan for Shaw..the vision care could be improved. It is a very busy call center with call after call..
Pros
Good benefits
Poor Management and Corporate leadership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  BC4 December 2016
Company lacks proper leadership and foresight/planning. Very reactive, and offering poor job security with massive layoffs every 2-4 years.
Fun and upbeat
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 December 2016
There is not a single person working in the Kelowna Shaw building that i dislike. They make sure to hire only fun people that they also know will succeed in the role.
Fast-paced job with an engaging work environment
Customer Advisor and Loyalty Care (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 November 2016
This job is fast-paced and high-intensity when it is busy, but allows for growth of communication and computer skills as well as challenging employees to build rapport and empathy with customers. Workplace was large and somewhat overwhelming for those who might enjoy fewer coworkers (500+ in office) but provides plenty of social interaction and team-building opportunities.
fun work place with many great friends to make!
CSR - CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 November 2016
Typical day at work is logging into your computer at the time you start and answering phone calls non stop with about a 2-3 minute break in between and helping customers with whatever they might be calling in about pertaining to sales, bill clarification, payments, general customer inquiries. What i have learned is providing great customer service in my own way and nothing scripted. Learned alot of technical expertise. Management is barely often heard from, in my time in tsr I never yet once spoken to my manager, thats why we have supervisors. It seems like all management is focused on is always hitting targets without the sight of how their employees are doing and what they have to say about anything. Hardest part of the job is taking escalation calls, it takes a toll on you mentally and it is hard to go on when you take a lot of verbal abuse from customers. the endless call to call work is also draining, not much lee way in between calls with supervisors always watching.The most enjoyable part of work is some enjoyable customers and great conversations, but the best thing is the people you work with.
Pros
lots of friends to make, company stock option, benefits, commision
Cons
endless calls, no rest time between calls, no trust from supervisors and management in their employees.
it sucks- not happy
Help Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2016
management doesn't know about the workers, dissatisfied-

not happy to work- no promotions- not recommending to anyone
- too much politics
Pros
nothing
Decent experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 November 2016
As a volunteer I had very little experience with the crew and environment however it had been entertaining. I enjoyed the experience.
very professional shop
TSR (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 November 2016
no fool around business approach. good support staff. great benefits package. Is moving towards all deparments vbeing responsible to sell the products of the company.
Positive work environment with room for advancement.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2016
Working at the call centre entails making inbound/outbound calls. Time was of the essence as was quality customer care service. We worked in a team with a supportive supervisor whom we reported to. All the other teams and leads were always more than willing to help. My role was to help customers resolve any technical/billing/sales/general issues regarding their products and services. I was constantly learning something new, however taking calls daily because very monotonous quickly. Because the call centre is very time sensitive, everything was micromanaged. Overall, the experience was not bad.
A large and diverse company with a variety of opportunites and leadership styles
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2016
Great company to work for but has its challenges with creating a similar work experience \ collaboration across its many business silo's.
Pros
A lot of passionate people that create a positive unique work envoiroment
Cons
Has always been challenged with its top down leadership style