Shaw Communications

Shaw Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Not ideal place to grow as an ethical professional
Supply Chain (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
If ethics are important to you and want to strive to do what's best, this might not be the best place to work at.

It is however a good place to learn how to be resourceful and learn to deal with people who have worked there for ages and love status quo.
Productive and fun place to work in.
Cust Solutions Expert. (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 20, 2016
Pros: Very good commissions.
Cons: Sales quota sometimes can be hard to achieve.
Very long commute from my place to work. Work environment is very good and people are very friendly. You will learn to work in sync with other people as a team. Hardest part of the job is sometimes, sales are very hard come by. Other than that, if you manage to hit your target, the reward will be worth it.
A friendly corporate environment with a strong culture.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 13, 2016
Pros: Good pay. Good people. Great benefits. Stock options.
Cons: Repetitive work. Sedentary in nature. Inconsistent shifts/hours.
Shaw is a great place to ease one's self into the corporate world. A typical day at work will consist of passing by the Starbucks on the first floor, sitting down to any available desk and start taking calls. No cubicles, very social setting. I have learned a great deal about the ins and outs of the telecommunications world, about dealing with just about every demographic in terms of customers. Management in my specific department is airtight and gets above average results, but other parts of the company could use some work, from my perspective. My coworkers are good people and some of them have become real friends. One of the more difficult things about the job to deal with on a daily basis is how enormous of a corporation it actually is, and more specifically how unlikely movement within the company feels as well as how focused on the bottom line virtually everything appears to ride on. I enjoy the people I work with and I enjoy being able to be creative on occasion when I can write an informational email or blog for my team. I can be myself most of the time.
Fun workplace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2016
A nice place to work at if you have a knack for sales and customer service. emphasis is placed on building good relationship with the clients.
Open enviroment to grow your carrer
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Fun atmosphere
Cons: Job stability
Develop the sales and service skills of a team of representatives dedicated to the delivery of World Class Customer Service
Oversee performance management process for team (i.e.. coaching, performance reviews, disciplinary actions)
Provide ongoing support to direct report team members including: coaching, performance reviews, schedule and vacation requests, compensation/ incentive conversations, and performance management
Coaching includes regular observations and feedback on behaviors, results, and career development. Performance management includes providing clarity around exceptions and timely appropriate follow up on consequences both positive and corrective in nature
Achieve monthly team sales and upgrade targets
Develop, deploy and manage sales and service incentive programs
Prepare detailed reports on various key performance indicators and recommends strategies to close gaps
Exciting fast paced environment with a fun atmosphere
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Was accountable for answering calls from new and existing customers, with a focus on technical support and promoting the features at shaw.
Management rewarded hard work and engagement
Productive Place to work with lots of Incentives & Tools for motivation
In Home Solutions Consultant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 26, 2016
Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 14,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.

At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.

Career Opportunity: Technical Service Representative (Multicultural - Cantonese Speaking)

We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Representative working in our inbound call center in our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Supervisor, Technical Support, the successful candidate will be accountable for answering calls from new and existing customers with a focus on technical support and promoting the features, benefits and advantages of Shaw products and services to our customers.
Technical Suport Representative
TECHNIAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Great technology to work with, ergonomics were good.
Cons: Parking, Shaw Kelowna does not have enough employee parking, space and there is limited space along the road, so sometimes you had to park a long ways away. :(
Inbound call centre providing technical support and customer service, so a typical workday involved taking calls from people needing assistance with internet, cable and home phone issues. Secondarily, we also assisted with billing and other customer service inquiries and there was some selling involved as well.
I learned a great deal about computers, modems and routers and so forth and that was probably the toughest part of the job.
The management was great, I always had very good relationships with my managers. Co-workers were great, too. I really didn't have any problems with anyone.
I was an Assistant Trainer for about 8 months and enjoyed imparting my customer service, sales and technical support know-how to new hires. Some of them had never worked in a call centre so they had a lot of questions and it was good to have a small part in their growth.
The most enjoyable part of the job was probably the satisfaction of solving a customer's technical or billing problem, especially in cases where they had already called in before and it never got resolved to their satisfaction before. It was gratifying to solve their problem.
Overall impression
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 25, 2015
Pros: Occasional events, parties and seasonal gatherings
Cons: Repetitive pattern of calls and problems makes the job monotonous
The company nurtures a sense of family and unity. Supervisors, managers and representatives collaborate the most possible to the benefit of the reputation of the company.
overall great place to work, and start a career for a young person out of school
technical support rep (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 21, 2015
this is a great company to work for. they are very focussed on the clients and giving the best overall customer services.

employees share in the success of the company aswell by getting a bonus if performance is good for the year.

benefits are great and rival some of the top companies in canada.

work enviroment changes due to management or new procedures however usually its very fun and lite hearted .
Great for honing in on special areas which are fcused on a daily basis
CSR Billing Rep (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 19, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
Great for honing in on special areas which are focused on a daily basis.
The people make going to work a pleasant experience and the supervisors are supportive and involved in the progression of the staff.
Fun environment, but stiff management.
Technical Support Representative. (Current Employee), 14 Fultz Boulevard, Winnipeg Manitoba, CanadaNovember 24, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, good pay, promote from inside the company.
Cons: No definitive values, training is sloppy.
Great work environment. Everyone was very welcoming, and was able to answer any question I could throw at them. Although, when it came down to brass tacks, it seemed like they didn't know how to manage anything, especially when it came down to supervisors. For example, Supervisor A will say that you get three write-ups, then you're done. Supervisor B, will say you get one verbal warning, one write-up, then you're done. All supervisors are completely different and some are a LOT more strict than others.
The work/life balance has been declining recently.
eCare Technical Service Representative (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCNovember 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits, the Staff, wage, vacation and stat days
Cons: Scheduling. It should be performance based, or even lifestyle based. I am a mother of 2 kids under age 9, when I get scheduling 2:30pm-10:30pm - I literally never see them awake.
We recently went through some scheduling changes and there have been very large meetings about Work.Life balance and what would work best for scheduling. We just got introduced to a new schedule system and it is even worse for Work/Life Balance :( It's almost impossible to plan for anything.
Poor Training
sales representative (Former Employee), British ColumbiaNovember 11, 2015
Pros: Good commission, hours
Cons: Poor communication when it came to training.
When I started as a sales rep, the company couldn't provide me the proper training to do my job. I had to learn as I went on with my shifts. I had to call other Shaw locations, or email them back and forth on how to do certain things which embarrassed me. I think I could've gotten more sales if I had started from A to Z with the training, instead of it being given to me as I struggled by myself.
Fun work environment, with many career opportunities.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 21, 2015
Great place to work, and all the staff are nice and friendly. Great location to work downtown at the Shaw Tower. Good company to work for.
Teamwork, Leader, Communicator
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2015
Fun workplace, like to keep busy, enjoy team work and challenging work environment.
Different type of experience gained.
An outstanding and very successful family run Company
CLEC Services Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2015
Pros: The most wonderful people, An outstanding company that truly values outstanding customer service, Hard work and dedication goes a long way
Cons: Very difficult to obtain a position in Calgary with most work now being done in Victoria
I truly loved every day that I was employed with Shaw Communications and could not say one negative thing about the company. Now that I have my child though I am unable to work a full-time position and excited about a new part-time opportunity that can keep me busy and feeling fulfilled.
nothing to say
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2015
That’s an interesting question. I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the product(s), updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our global teams. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option
Easy going relaxed environment, great place to work.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), VancouverSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Great Management that are very approachable
I would recommed this employer for any one that wishes to further their career. They have great benefits and always have your best interests in mind.
Family Owned and Operated.. Employees treated like family as well!
Customer Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Rewards when exceeding company goals, free Coffee, heathy snacks
Cons: Long hours if requested
Family owned and operated and employees would feel like family as well. Shaw would always take the time to acknowledge its employees throughout the year with BBQs, out of office events and training and outstanding Christmas events for employees and their children.
Lots of incentive to improve skills, advancement opportunities with supportive colleagues and management.
Competitive wages and bonus opportunities!
Free tea, coffee and Healthy snacks everyday.. what more could you ask for..
The only reason I left this company was due to a move from the West part of Canada back to my home town on the East Coast ..
Headquarters