Shaw Communications

Shaw Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 20, 2016
The people and the environment at Shaw Communications was an amazing place to work. If you live nearby or can handle the commute into Vancouver every day then I would recommend it to anyone that can. Working with everyone there it feels like a family. The hardest part of the job is talking to your customer but when you hear the smile in the customers voice after you have done your best to resolve their issues, it makes it all worth it.
Pros
Pot lucks!!!
Cons
it can be stressful
Great work life Balance
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
Fun working environment with great work-life balance.
Great daily support and development.
Great benefits and employee perks.
Dedicated agent support.
Working at Shaw
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  VancouverApril 17, 2016
Great fast paced environment. Lots of learning. You are told there is lots of opportunity to grow, but it is in fact very limited.
Awesome place to work, great cafeteria, great views of surroundings.
Customer Service/Sales/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 8, 2016
My most favorite place to work. The environment is very friendly and professional. Our cubicles were very warm feeling. We had our two screens at the computer as long as tvs to keep us from falling asleep. Food for breaks are everywhere around the building.
not really a great job
Outbound sales representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 2, 2016
the company has no regards for there employees, the hours are horrible and most supervisors are power hungry. not really a great place to work at.
very repetitive job
Customer Advisor-Customer Care-Billing (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 1, 2016
like almost every call center you are doing the same thing every day. however they do not make it clear when you are first hired your targets and goals.
Pros
great people
Cons
long days
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Usually busy days with calls coming in regarding queries for products and services and other aspects related to shaw services. Handling customers problems and resolving in an efficient way
Technical operation representitive (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCMarch 31, 2016
It was a pleasure working in an environment that encourage you to learn more in order to have a better career. With friendly staff and rich culture.
Pros
Very organized, good future planning
Cons
not that I know of.
good place to work at
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 20, 2016
i starts my day taking billing,sales calls helping customer.
have lunch at my desk.
attend training sessions and if any changes in the company.

working in a team of 15 members however Shaw has 21 floors of different team .

Hardest part when customer comes with homework of companis and services comparison between telus and shaw, and then make them understand and convince them for Shaw.

enjoyable part is the tower we r working at awesome view 8th floor,
doing pizza parties and all.
Management is awesome getting all kind of support from each individual.
Pros
commission
Grind it out
Business Sales Consultant, Wifi Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Multiple departments compete for internet sales in a company that seems to be continually evolving. People there are incredibly loyal and hard working. Management plays favourites to those who perform well of course.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Compensation not quite high enough
fun to talk to people on the phone and made awesome commission top ups!
Customer Service Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
A typical day at work varies, however the nature of job is repetitive. I learned plenty of effective communication skills, working independently and with a team. The higher management was not so great, but some of my supervisors were just amazing! they always provided me with great feedbacks and future learning opportunities. My co-workers were mostly students, I get along with almost everyone. Hardest part of the job was to know detailed process of the CBS system. We often had fun activities on the weekends. work life balance was not so great. we all got laid off!!
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
no work life balance and higher management
Not ideal place to grow as an ethical professional
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
If ethics are important to you and want to strive to do what's best, this might not be the best place to work at.

It is however a good place to learn how to be resourceful and learn to deal with people who have worked there for ages and love status quo.
Productive and fun place to work in.
Cust Solutions Expert. (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 20, 2016
Very long commute from my place to work. Work environment is very good and people are very friendly. You will learn to work in sync with other people as a team. Hardest part of the job is sometimes, sales are very hard come by. Other than that, if you manage to hit your target, the reward will be worth it.
Pros
Very good commissions.
Cons
Sales quota sometimes can be hard to achieve.
A friendly corporate environment with a strong culture.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 13, 2016
Shaw is a great place to ease one's self into the corporate world. A typical day at work will consist of passing by the Starbucks on the first floor, sitting down to any available desk and start taking calls. No cubicles, very social setting. I have learned a great deal about the ins and outs of the telecommunications world, about dealing with just about every demographic in terms of customers. Management in my specific department is airtight and gets above average results, but other parts of the company could use some work, from my perspective. My coworkers are good people and some of them have become real friends. One of the more difficult things about the job to deal with on a daily basis is how enormous of a corporation it actually is, and more specifically how unlikely movement within the company feels as well as how focused on the bottom line virtually everything appears to ride on. I enjoy the people I work with and I enjoy being able to be creative on occasion when I can write an informational email or blog for my team. I can be myself most of the time.
Pros
Good pay. Good people. Great benefits. Stock options.
Cons
Repetitive work. Sedentary in nature. Inconsistent shifts/hours.
Fun workplace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2016
A nice place to work at if you have a knack for sales and customer service. emphasis is placed on building good relationship with the clients.
Open enviroment to grow your carrer
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Develop the sales and service skills of a team of representatives dedicated to the delivery of World Class Customer Service
Oversee performance management process for team (i.e.. coaching, performance reviews, disciplinary actions)
Provide ongoing support to direct report team members including: coaching, performance reviews, schedule and vacation requests, compensation/ incentive conversations, and performance management
Coaching includes regular observations and feedback on behaviors, results, and career development. Performance management includes providing clarity around exceptions and timely appropriate follow up on consequences both positive and corrective in nature
Achieve monthly team sales and upgrade targets
Develop, deploy and manage sales and service incentive programs
Prepare detailed reports on various key performance indicators and recommends strategies to close gaps
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Job stability
Exciting fast paced environment with a fun atmosphere
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Was accountable for answering calls from new and existing customers, with a focus on technical support and promoting the features at shaw.
Management rewarded hard work and engagement
Productive Place to work with lots of Incentives & Tools for motivation
In Home Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 26, 2016
Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 14,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.

At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.

Career Opportunity: Technical Service Representative (Multicultural - Cantonese Speaking)

We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Representative working in our inbound call center in our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Supervisor, Technical Support, the successful candidate will be accountable for answering calls from new and existing customers with a focus on technical support and promoting the features, benefits and advantages of Shaw products and services to our customers.
Technical Suport Representative
TECHNIAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJanuary 21, 2016
Inbound call centre providing technical support and customer service, so a typical workday involved taking calls from people needing assistance with internet, cable and home phone issues. Secondarily, we also assisted with billing and other customer service inquiries and there was some selling involved as well.
I learned a great deal about computers, modems and routers and so forth and that was probably the toughest part of the job.
The management was great, I always had very good relationships with my managers. Co-workers were great, too. I really didn't have any problems with anyone.
I was an Assistant Trainer for about 8 months and enjoyed imparting my customer service, sales and technical support know-how to new hires. Some of them had never worked in a call centre so they had a lot of questions and it was good to have a small part in their growth.
The most enjoyable part of the job was probably the satisfaction of solving a customer's technical or billing problem, especially in cases where they had already called in before and it never got resolved to their satisfaction before. It was gratifying to solve their problem.
Pros
Great technology to work with, ergonomics were good.
Cons
Parking, Shaw Kelowna does not have enough employee parking, space and there is limited space along the road, so sometimes you had to park a long ways away. :(
Overall impression
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 25, 2015
The company nurtures a sense of family and unity. Supervisors, managers and representatives collaborate the most possible to the benefit of the reputation of the company.
Pros
Occasional events, parties and seasonal gatherings
Cons
Repetitive pattern of calls and problems makes the job monotonous