Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service / Administration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2017
Very social office sometimes too social could get very loud at times when your on the phone with a customer sometimes you would have to make hand signals for co-workers to quiet down.
Pros
Very social
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC6 July 2017
I started in the office and moved outside to service after about 18 months. Spent about 8 years doing service, worked with great guys. Management listed to us...well on the local level anyways
Fun & Relaxed Environnment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 July 2017
I found Shaw to be a very relaxed and fair environment to work. Hours were flexible and the training provided was outstanding. The management was honest. Overall, great career experience!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 July 2017
Great place to work for newcomers and students as well as for advanced specialists. Great working environment and culture. Great people and management. Fun and relaxing atmosthere to work.
Pros
Location, Benefits, Stable workplace
Cons
Tough schedule (shifts 7am-10pm, unfare commissions)
Terrible Management
In-Home Solutions Expert (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC30 June 2017
Although Mr. Shaw is a great person, the company has the most terrible managers in sales and in service. The pay and the benefits are good. They are above average.
Benefits
Cons
Bad managers
Cse
Customer Solutions Expert (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 June 2017
Started my day by contacting my follow ups made sure all their inquires were answered, booked a date for install. Management provided us with bonuses and prices as well as games while working to motivate us. I think the hardest part of the job was actually convincing the customer to try Shaw services. I can sat that the best part of my job was being able to get what the customer needed as well as being with all the people I worked with, we weren't just a team we were a family.
Pros
free lunch, snaks, drinks, gift cards and bonuses
Cons
un asnwered calls
Shaw Cable
Service technician (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC23 June 2017
Shaw offers a lot of in house training to employees to help them deal with customer complaints, dealing with escalated customers, empathizing and difussing challenging situations, working well with a team and numerous other programs.

Their benefit package is amazing and one of the best in the industry.
Amazing place to work
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 June 2017
Shaw is a quality company that provides competitive wages and full medical coverage for all workers (part-time and full-time). Their work community is also very welcoming.
Pros
Great benefits, flexiable hours
good for a call centre
Customer Service Sales and Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2017
It was my first call centre job and it was actually quite nice. There was a lot of team building and good times for the employees. Something changed a year into the job where management restructured and the vibe was different. It might have changed now but we wouldn't know as they closed down the alberta call centres.
no sense of loyalty
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC15 June 2017
One of Shaw Communications' key values is Loyalty, but that only seems to go 1 way. Shaw feels no loyalty to long term staff. I was let go after 16 years with no explanation.
Benefits and pay was good, but job and work life balance was an issue.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 June 2017
Shaw was a very good place to work, but it was very difficult to get scheduled for a time that will accommodate personal life. Working in technical support is basic phone call customer service, but focusing on best value best experience, you will learn most of the job through hands-on and not so much in training class. Workplace culture goal is to be fun and engaged but it's hard to recognize that for there are very little times you can have off phones. The hardest part of the job is trying to balance your KPI in all aspect but the most enjoyable part is meeting the people there.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No time for personal life
Good company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 June 2017
I worked at Shaw Cable for 10 years, in multiple departments. There is room for growth and development. Great benefits package, work hours and co-workers.
Would go back in a heart beat
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2017
This company appreciates hard work, are open and the best people I've had the pleasure of working with. I would go back in a heartbeat if given the opportunity
A perfect environment to work.
Customer Solution Expert (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 June 2017
The management is very positive and supportive. It's a great place to work when you have a family. Fun place to work and plenty of opportunity for those willing to learn and put in the time.
Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 June 2017
This is a job I would highly recommend, everyone is very supportive and there to help. Benefits are awesome, better then the ones I've seen from other jobs. Highly recommend!
Cons
no cons
poor pay, poor training, poor management
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2017
under paid for work required, training was terrible at best. Management was clueless and there was no room for advancement.
Employee turnover was extremely high.
Got out as soon as I had a better opportunity.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Fast-paced industry, fun workplace and great culture
eCare Customer Advisor - Sales & Billing (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 June 2017
As a Customer Advisor for more than 5 years of experience, I have consistently offered the highest level of customer service working at the Call Centre. My daily routines consist of responding to emails, chats and taking calls when resolving a customer's inquiry while promoting our products in a professional manner.

As a fast-paced industry, one of the hardest thing of the job is trying to keep up with the on-going changes. Staff are trained to ensure that we are up-to-date with our products to ensure that we are comfortable with offering services that caters to our customer's needs.

The workplace culture is great here at the call centre as you get to interact with a variety of people with different strengths that they have to offer. The best thing about working here is that you build relationships with great people who genuinely wish to see you succeed.

The management team are supportive and they really do wish to see progress in the company. My career development has definitely improved over the years where my work ethics have allowed me to succeed in my role.
Pros
Great culture, good benefits, prize incentives, potluck, annual Christmas parties
Cons
Shift work
good benefits, bad managers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 June 2017
managers approving strange behaviour, the turnover rate was ridiculous. not one person I had known had been there more than 1 year. no one really cares about how good with customer service you are, the most abrasive and pushy individuals were praised.
Great Upper Management
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2017
Upper management is always communicating with the employees to let them know a high level overview of the company's direction. Excellent learning opportunities.
Pros
Great Benefits.
Large Company but cares about the individuals
Senior Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC1 June 2017
Shaw cares a lot about you and your family, great place to work. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement, lots of help with any aspects of the job, good benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval