Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

great job
Customer Service Representative/ Outbound sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2017
Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Fun Work environment
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2017
Provided on site training that development skills to manage customer inquiries faster and more knowledgably. Supervisors we're on hand at any time however did sometimes provide a preference to who received help based on how long you had been there.
amazing people
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 May 2017
everyone is super helpful.

learned a lot of things during the training period.
great benefits/overtime
free coffee
a lot of moving around in company
typical day at a contact center environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 May 2017
Great and friendly environment but not the schedule. You can either have it swapped, trade, in a distro that has a limited probability that someone can see it, otherwise, pray that you can still re-schedule your outside commitment.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
work-life balance
Great Canadian Company
Specialist - National Technical Operations (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 May 2017
Lots of opportunity when I began working there 11 years ago. Was able to work my way from an entry level position, through several management positions and eventually into a national specialist role.

Amazing benefits, competitive compensation and the company seems to have a long term growth strategy and is aware of the evolution in the industry. Worked in many departments and had uniformly positive experiences with peers, superiors and my direct reports. Strong company culture.

Great public perception, a place people are usually happy to hear you work at. I was happy to work for Shaw, appreciated the opportunities it presented and they treated me well.
Pros
Lots of entry level positions with good pay and benefits
Cons
Layoffs are commonplace
awesome
Technical service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2017
Flexible hours, great benefits and awesome colleagues, great opportunities to improve yourself. Best customer service experience , handsome slary in addition to bunuses.
Pros
Free Bonus on sales
Good benefits, poor pay
Producer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 May 2017
Good entry level job, but not sustainable. The programming department is vanishing, the business side of things may be better. Excellent benefits, but poor pay from my experience.
Great Staff OK Job
Television Producer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2017
Job was average however the staff is incredible. Unfortunately head office makes it hard for raises. Rarely do they hire from within. Best to quit and come back later for a higher pay.
Pros
Free Cereal, Great Benefits Plan, Free Parking
Cons
Lack of Raises
Great people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 May 2017
I enjoyed coming to work everyday. Laid back environment and my supervisors and manager were great. Enjoyed the people that I worked with as daily as well.
Pros
Great team environment
A fun and productive place to work.
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC25 April 2017
Working at Shaw has been great. I work with many wonderful, hard working people. The management is caring and always willing to help you out, I never feel like I am on my own at work. Another great part about working at Shaw is that work part time yet I have amazing benefits.
Great Place to work
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 April 2017
Great work life balance with a supportive management. The call centre located in Vancouver has amazing fun activities and a supportive work environment with options to move into different departments.
Productive working place and gives option to work from home
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2017
A renovated working place, with several option to move around where you can find places to focus.
large number of meeting rooms
Most business stakeholders are very helpful
A busy and challenging workplace
Broadcast Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2017
Some days are "the usual", some are "the exception". Either way there always something to learn and excellent opportunity for an individual to contribute to the "bigger picture".
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC19 April 2017
Everyday was exciting and was always learning new and interesting things. I enjoyed all the angles of tasks that were given to us on a day to day basis. I had tons of motivation to advance with the company as it had such a positive atmosphere.

Would go back in a heart beat!
Great benifits and workplace
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2017
The benefits provided are really good and the office is a really fun place to work. You can do overtime and salary packages are pretty good compared to other companies.
Pros
benifits, salary, overtime, workspace
Cons
shifts
Excellent culture, benefits and team mentality
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2017
Shaw is an extremely fast paced environment. In the drive to remain relevant and competitive in an ever changing landscape, the company spends a large amount of capital in product development.
Management is very approachable, and maintains a truly open door policy.
Pros
culture, spirit, career advancement
Cons
long hours, work life balance
good atmosphere to work in
Customer sol (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2017
a typical day at work is fun and busy, it is not at all boring on the floor, i learned alot about sales pitch and stuff like that, they are very hard on reliability, also there is a lot of office politics which is good to stay from.
Great friendly co-workers, team oriented
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 April 2017
Working as an inbound CSR, I am able to provide excellent service by being knowledgeable in many areas of the business. The culture is amazing, peers and management are very helpful.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Shifts are all over the map
Great company
Network Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Canada7 April 2017
Great company to work for.
Great management and good co-workers.
Good benefits and flexible working hours.
will be great fit for anybody looking to learn and grow with the company
Fast-paced work environment with great benefits
Direct, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2017
The job was very focused on customer service and sales forward. Obtained different information on how to complete sales and how to keep customers happy with service. The hardest part was speaking with unhappy customers, but it was enjoyable when they got their problems solved.
Pros
Flexible hours, benefits
Cons
No management opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.