Shaw Communications

Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Amazing company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 September 2016
Great atmosphere
Appreciate and respect employees
Good benefits
Good leadership/management
Fun place to work
Friendly co-workers
Busy atmosphere
Pros
Fun Employee events outside of work
Cons
Some managers are difficult
fun to talk to people on the phone and made awesome commission top ups!
Customer Service Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2016
A typical day at work varies, however the nature of job is repetitive. I learned plenty of effective communication skills, working independently and with a team. The higher management was not so great, but some of my supervisors were just amazing! they always provided me with great feedbacks and future learning opportunities. My co-workers were mostly students, I get along with almost everyone. Hardest part of the job was to know detailed process of the CBS system. We often had fun activities on the weekends. work life balance was not so great. we all got laid off!!
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
no work life balance and higher management
Productive and fun work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative/Moves Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 May 2016
Shaw Cable is a productive positive atmosphere to work in. Customers can be extremely short tempered when calling. Shaw Cables coaching material is structured in a way that empowers and educates its reps to have confidence and ease when dealing with the customers.
Management lacks stability and is constantly changing the guidelines without notice.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the working conditions and other representatives I worked along side with.
Pros
Working conditions, Benefits
Cons
Shift work, Management
good salary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2016
The job was great, as I enjoy dealing with customers, but management were actually a detriment to productivity. Most of the day was spent solving customers inquiries such as adding or removing service, solving billing issues.
Pros
salary was great
Cons
scheduling
Passionate work environment
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 May 2016
A typical day at Shaw is always full of energy and passion, every day is a great day to work at Shaw because you learn so much. In this job, you get to talk to so many different people resulting in a wider knowledge of people and the psychology behind people, selling and relationships. That is one of the best parts of the job because this kind of knowledge can help you a lot in your outside life at work and future opportunities. The management is very good also, they are always 100 percent transparent to the employees, they always give feedback which makes employees grow as a person. My co-workers are always great and full of energy, they are very supportive and they are there for me 100 percent of the time, whenever i need help, we all help each other grow as a team. The hardest part of the job was getting over the objections by customers but at the same time it is also the most enjoyable and my favorite part of the game because when you get over the objection, it is the best feeling ever, it is like a mental chess game.
Pros
Amazing Benefits
Cons
late shifts
Open enviroment to grow your carrer
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2016
Develop the sales and service skills of a team of representatives dedicated to the delivery of World Class Customer Service
Oversee performance management process for team (i.e.. coaching, performance reviews, disciplinary actions)
Provide ongoing support to direct report team members including: coaching, performance reviews, schedule and vacation requests, compensation/ incentive conversations, and performance management
Coaching includes regular observations and feedback on behaviors, results, and career development. Performance management includes providing clarity around exceptions and timely appropriate follow up on consequences both positive and corrective in nature
Achieve monthly team sales and upgrade targets
Develop, deploy and manage sales and service incentive programs
Prepare detailed reports on various key performance indicators and recommends strategies to close gaps
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Job stability
Wonderful people to be around
Network Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2016
Going from a Technical Support role to a Network Analyst role was a fairly large learning curve, because of all the great people I worked with my success was due to the support I received.

The hardest part of the job was being laid off, I woke up almost every day excited to be going to work. Sure the hours were long and some days we had to triage multiple outages, but we always got our job done.
Pros
Cons
Bad weather meant busy days.
Great Collaberative Team Environment
SPECIALIST SPONSORSHIPS AND EVENTS (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 July 2016
I thouroughly enjoyed working with my team within the Corporate office of Calgary. I had the best of both worlds and while I was located in Vancouver, I worked with the Corporate team out of Calgary. Everybody I worked with worked very hard and were passionate about their role within Shaw. It made me work that much harder knowing that my team was working as hard as I was for a common goal. I will very much miss my colleagues at Shaw and know that it will be hard to replace such a fantastic working environment.
Pros
Flexibility. Management valued your ideas and opinions.
Cons
Too many layoffs. (I was one of the people downsized after three rounds of cutbacks).
work review
Customer Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 July 2016
Fast-paced, required multi-tasking, which I had no problem with>learned what it required to speak with so many different types of people, and that it helped to adapt to them, relate to them.
Co-workers were kind, it was a joy to see them everyday.
the hardest part was probably getting reviewed by a customer in surveys, & really not knowing what was going to be said, they could give a bad review on your call if they were upset about the company in general, or an interaction with someone else entirely, that had nothing to do with you.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to speak with different/new customers everyday.
Pros
great benefits, co-workers were kind, loved the job
Cons
schedule fluctuated spontaneously/affected my health
excellent pay
Technical Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 November 2016
On the job training, but no certifications. Learned many skills however company is constantly adding more and more responsibilities to your daily workload. Management seems to be purged and restructured every year. Moral is very low. The most difficult part of the job is the fact that your job is not secure. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday.
There was no balance between work and personal life there so no room for advancement I was there for almost 2 years and never got adv
Customer Service / Sales (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2016
There was no balance between work and personal life and also management is bais they do not give you advancement unless there is so serious brownnosing to get a raise
Decent group of guys to work with
CATV Installer Technican (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 November 2016
Guys in the field were great and support staff did well helping us even though theirs hands were tied most of the time due to leadership micro managing everyone rather than trusting them to do their job the way they new how for the betterment of all involved.
Pros
cheaper cable and internet
Cons
poor safety regs and it wasn't fun being around any of the management anymore.
fun co workers. managment not so much.
Construction Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 August 2016
I loved the job i did and the people i worked for, however the management and career advancement was only considered if you sucked up to the people above you.
Awesome place with play area's
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 December 2016
It was an amazing place to work. Management was friendly and help was always available. Great pay, and the more things you could upsell or change, the greater your pay was.

Only thing they were stringent about was the being late policy, which is understandable but given how Translink sucks and constantly breaks down, they should have been lenient.
A great work environment
Technical Support Representative (TSR) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2016
People are friendly and the supervisors/management are supportive. You are given stock options and other monetary benefits that can grow several thousands in a couple of years. You also enjoy multi-level health and medical benefits. There is also an annual wellness program that entitles you to as much as extra $1,000 that you can use to buy a new laptop or any gadget, enroll in any fitness program, or use for your kids' sports training program.
Pros
more benefits
Cons
can be very demanding at times
Technical Support Representative at Shaw
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 July 2016
Inbound call centre focusing on technical support of Shaw's products. (Cable, internet and Phone service)

Located in the Downtown core in Vancouver, Canada.

Beautiful building overlooking the marina downtown.
Job culture was friendly and many good people worked with me here.
Some days, the difficulty was that customers would wait long periods of time waiting for someone to address their concern, and these incidents could last from a couple of hours to an entire shift.

On the positive side, the good days left you feeling fulfilled and useful to society.

Overall, a good place to work.
Amazing place to grow
Marketing and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2016
SHAW is amazing their are alot of room to grow within the company. The training is not great but everything from the Free Parking, great management to special projects on the side during work.
Pros
Free Lunches, Computer time, great people with all types of ethnic back rounds. safe and wonderful place
Cons
One elevator for about 300 people.
growth and skill development with good benefits
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 November 2016
Shaw is a great place to work at especially if you are looking for finding a balance in work and personal life. The environment is positive and the management helps you to accomplish your goals.
Rise and Fall of a good company
CSR/TSR/Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 September 2016
Learned with the Company of all the new technologies. Was a good family based company with family values, that had excellent rate of retaining customers and had great customer service. Rapid expansion left the (people powered) theme behind.
Pros
great health and dental benefits, and very people oriented in the beginning
Cons
became greedy for sales and territories.
Shaw Cables & Communications, Excellent place/company to work with.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 July 2016
- Shaw Cables & Communications, Excellent place/company to work with. The company provides great benefits & values.
- For me, a typical day at work in the company, simply full of energy as the company not only provide an enjoyable & healthy working environment but also with a lot of news opportunities to learn new technologies & ideas from a very supportive team right from an team member to a Manager,
- Overall, it was a great experience for me to work for such a wonderful company.