Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Amazing working environment
Customer Solution Specialist - Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2017
Shaw is an amazing company , awesome energy and team work , and always leading the market with up to date technology , our management is leading the company and employees to achieve and perform best.
Well Compensated and Balanced Work Place
Representative (Former Employee) –  Manitoba24 September 2017
typical day of work is talking to customers from difference provinces and helping out the service issues or scheduling out technicians to be dispatched to assist customer. hardest part of the job is that you have to have a lot of patience and understanding.
Great company to work for.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2017
Worked at Shaw for 7+ yrs.....enjoyed my time there and the opportunities that were available. Great benefits. Overall the work environment was very enjoyable. It's a fast paced environment.
Pros
Leadership was approachable.
Cons
Shift work.
Its not terrible
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 September 2017
I have worked in worse places.
The call center is a hard job to deal with at times with high call volumes.
The benefits are amazing and the people you get to work with on a s day to day basis are great.
best workplace i have worked in
Customer Solution Expert (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 September 2017
shaw was a sales job, which means quite a bit of work was to be put in. however, the job culture, the team members, and the compensation were great...
enjoyable
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 September 2017
fun, outgoing place to work, high turnover rate but an upbeat environment fast paced and opportunity for growth. Management can be callenging and not always supportive
Every department is basically the same
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 September 2017
Not an enjoyable place to work at. They time your bathroom breaks and they like to call it wrap up time which is time you use for the bathroom and for notes to put in accounts. Therefore they want an average of 3 mins which you only have 1 minute to use the bathroom and rest is to type notes and walk to the bathroom. Vacation time sucks because there is too any people in the department and it will be difficult for you to get time you want. People there just go and do their job they don't socialize or talk to anyone really. If your looking for a friendly cultured job this is not the place you want to work at. The turnover is huge that is why their always hiring for managers.
Pros
benefits and commission
Cons
bathroom use, breaks, and management
Fun and friendly place to work
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 September 2017
Worked as a CSR at Shaw for about 1 year, I loved working there. Managers are cool, training is great you get properly trained and prepared for the job. Customer's can get angry/annoying but you have to have a lot of patience on this job otherwise you'll get into an argument everyday.
Pros
Shaw Tower Views, Friendly work environment
Cons
Shift work, pay is alright same with benefits
great place to be
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 August 2017
I really enjoyed my time at SHAW, if I didn't have to leave it I wouldn't have. I think the hardest part for me were the midnight shifts. The employees that I work with were/are some of the best people to work with.
Pros
great people, and special events
Cons
wonky hours
Great COmpan to work for
Commercial Installer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 August 2017
Despite being a huge company, alot of effort is put in to make Shaw feel like a community. Excellent benefits and pay make for a happy workforce and minimize employee turnover.
Great place to work but to much cool aid
Vancouver office (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 August 2017
Very relaxed and wage is awesome for what you do but if you didn't start in the call centre you'll be passed over for promotions. A lot of managers in positions that have no experience or business being in. If you went to school for a specific business field or trade, you won't be learning much. They tend to do mass layoffs every couple of years and the people that didn't spend time in the call centres are first on the chopping block
Pros
Wage, balance, people
Cons
Job security
Productive fun working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 August 2017
Was a fun work environment with positive co-workers. Enjoyed solving customers problems and leaving them feeling happy and cared for. Shaw had excellent training courses and always updating regularly.
too many inexperienced managment
Service technician/ Troubleshooter (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC23 August 2017
supervisors not necessarily qualified for their positions
unstable work security due to company "restructuring" in some cases revisiting failed proceedures
Pros
good benifits
Cons
unstable work enviroment
Fun environment
In-home sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 August 2017
It's a good place to work and a very diversified work culture. The benefits are good, typical day is you sell at the door or do cultural events esp in the summer.
Incredible company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
Was super happy to have worked with shaw!! They spent time taking care of their employees with constructive feedback. You were always educated right away on product and services
Great Place to work for New Comers
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 August 2017
Great place to work for newcomers and students as well as for advanced specialists. Great working environment and culture. Great people and management. Fun and relaxing atmosphere to work.
Pros
Great Team, Good Benefits
Cons
Need to work on salary
Good pay, ever changing workplace culture
In Home Technician (Current Employee) –  Alberta19 August 2017
This company is always changing which is not a surprise since its a communications company and needs to evolve with the changing demands of society and technology. However, employee expectations can change on a dime without you even knowing and can be surprising used against you during a performance evaluation. Witnessed many good employees, better than myself, that were let go for no apparent reason except maybe for speculative reasons. The culture has changed. Used to be Company-Employee-Customer had to all benefit in a situation. It appears recently that only Company-Customer need to benefit. Employee is just a number for their numbers. Company used to have employees backs...
Pros
Pay
Cons
Employee Support
Flexible and enjoyable place to work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2017
Management leaves you to complete work in your own way - we are a thriving vibrant community who relect the richness of our communities and celebrate our diversities.

Our team at Shaw, believes that an inclusive workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective. Through our diversity we create better solutions.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Short hours
Great wage, Good hours, stress inducing deadlines
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 August 2017
A Typical day of work started with arrival at the office warehouse, job lists are emailed late the night before. You would pick up the equipment and tools necessary to complete your calls for the day. You then call all your customers for the day to confirm the appointments and to let them know about any circumstances involving potential appointment shifts. You then go to each call, consult with the customer as to what they needed where and get to work. Usually, you are left alone. Once all your calls for the day are finished you have the possibility to pick up other unassigned calls for the day. You are paid per job and can go home whenever you have finished the assigned jobs for the day.
Pros
Excellent Wages, Good hours
Cons
Bad management, Stressful meeting deadlines
High energy sales driven company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2017
I absolutely loved working with shaw. I was a outbound sales representative. You made more money the harder you worked. The more calls you made and your perfect pitch lead the company and myself lots of money. I was always one of the top sales charts of the month. Workplace culture was very high energy, positive culture
Pros
High commission
Cons
Tight targets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.