Shaw Communications Employee Review

View all Shaw Communications reviews

hard working for sure
TSR (Former Employee) –  Calgary18 September 2013
Having worked at Shaw I can honestly say that they are probably the worst employer I have ever worked for. All management does is criticize front end staff and in all my time there I never got one compliment for doing a good job on anything. They have a zero tolerance for any absenteeism and expect you to buy into their culture, of which they never tell you what it is. They promote work/life balance but do not practice it. If you want to work there be prepared for up to 5 different start times in a one week period and definitely don't expect to get a Saturday or Sunday off. As you will be hired as permanent part time note that your schedule is only done for three weeks ahead and good luck trying to take vacation. In this time I was there I was unable to get any vacation time as it was never available. The wages are non competitive and management is definitely incompetent to say the least.
Pros
Benefits from day one
Cons
being treated as if being under servitude with no hope of becoming free

Other Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Good
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC16 November 2017
Many options for work, helps if you are into technology, great perks and great benefits. Customer service is a must and it helps when you know and like the product.
Excellent company from planning to execution providing service for the calgary region
DATA AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 November 2017
Very well run company and great opportunity to advance. Job planning was very well organized and have every aspect of help when needed for ourselves as well as customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.