Shaw Communications Employee Review

View all Shaw Communications reviews

hard working for sure
TSR (Former Employee) –  Calgary18 September 2013
Having worked at Shaw I can honestly say that they are probably the worst employer I have ever worked for. All management does is criticize front end staff and in all my time there I never got one compliment for doing a good job on anything. They have a zero tolerance for any absenteeism and expect you to buy into their culture, of which they never tell you what it is. They promote work/life balance but do not practice it. If you want to work there be prepared for up to 5 different start times in a one week period and definitely don't expect to get a Saturday or Sunday off. As you will be hired as permanent part time note that your schedule is only done for three weeks ahead and good luck trying to take vacation. In this time I was there I was unable to get any vacation time as it was never available. The wages are non competitive and management is definitely incompetent to say the least.
Pros
Benefits from day one
Cons
being treated as if being under servitude with no hope of becoming free

Other Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Good benefits
Customer Solutions Expert, Business (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 February 2018
Good benefits but to many layoffs need management that knows how to actually manage people instead of sitting at their desk. Needs to be more organized
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
Always worried about layoffs
Lot of politics and favouritism ...good pay.
Customer Solutions Expert (CSE) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 February 2018
Shaw has good work environment only if you learn how to lick the a.. Of your Supervisor and Specialist. Lot of favouritism and no job security. No matter how well you do if they like you they will keep you. If they don't they will manage you out in few seconds.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad work ethic of managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.