Shaw Communications Employee Review

View all Shaw Communications reviews

cliquey and unrewarding
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2013
call centre grind, meaningless and sad work with little incentive, bottom of the barrel wages...no wonder they can't keep staff
Pros
windows
Cons
lots

Other Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Supportive leadership
Customer care Representative, Shaw Direct / Cable (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2017
Ongoing training on an individual basis , provide materials to complete the task easily, mentorship for personal development. Good benefits. Free parking facility etc.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
low pay
fun people to work with if you like bureaucracy
Technical support representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 December 2017
The people I worked with were amazing people. it seemed as though it didn't matter how good you were at your job if you applied for a promotion. it was all about who you knew. I applied for a supervisor position and did very well in the interview. I was then told by another supervisor that they didn't even bother looking at how well I did my job because the person conducting the interview "didn't know who i was" so I didn't get the job.

the people you work with from day to day are great people. and the experience of working with customers over the phone can be very rewarding and a complete nightmare as even if you are doing exactly what your training tells you, a supervisor will say that you didn't know how to do your job and give the customer whatever they want. while this never happened to me personally many people i worked with reported a similar story to me.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.