Shaw Communications

Shaw Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Great learning experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 1, 2016
Working at Shaw was a great learning experience as the environment is fast paced, results oriented and very competitive. However, the company likes to present itself as one that focuses on Work/Life balance but makes you work on any 5 days of the week and can schedule you for any 8 working hours between 7am-10pm in for a week.

Supervisors treatment of the agents reminds you that there is a hierarchal gap in between. However, working with other agents was competitive but fun.
Pros
Great ways to earn commissions in sales
Cons
No fixed schedule and bad management
A great work environment
Technical Support Representative (TSR) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
People are friendly and the supervisors/management are supportive. You are given stock options and other monetary benefits that can grow several thousands in a couple of years. You also enjoy multi-level health and medical benefits. There is also an annual wellness program that entitles you to as much as extra $1,000 that you can use to buy a new laptop or any gadget, enroll in any fitness program, or use for your kids' sports training program.
Pros
more benefits
Cons
can be very demanding at times
Amazing
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 20, 2016
The people and the environment at Shaw Communications was an amazing place to work. If you live nearby or can handle the commute into Vancouver every day then I would recommend it to anyone that can. Working with everyone there it feels like a family. The hardest part of the job is talking to your customer but when you hear the smile in the customers voice after you have done your best to resolve their issues, it makes it all worth it.
Pros
Pot lucks!!!
Cons
it can be stressful
Fun place to work and good job/work life balance
Intermediate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
Overall Shaw Communication is a good place to work.

As an Accounting professional you must learn to stay current with new technologies.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the good team environment and comprehensive benefits that Shaw provides such as stock options and employee share plan.
Pros
7.5 working hours and earned day per quarter
Cons
Accounting software need updating
A company full of opportunities
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Sky is the limit at Shaw Communications. We know of many individuals that started from the bottom and worked themselves all the way to the top positions in the company. Hard work will be able to get you any where in the company. The environment is diverse and full of talented people. A great place to work and a promising industry.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Can't think of any
fun workplace
bandwidth management team (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Love the job and the company. I would of stayed at my job and not given a choice to relocate but I have a girlfriend and all of my family is here and that means more to me. I did appreciate everything Shaw has done for me and they did offer me my job to relocate which i respected. I hope i can grow within the company as i did with them.
Pros
great work place
Cons
some negative employees
good place to work at
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 20, 2016
i starts my day taking billing,sales calls helping customer.
have lunch at my desk.
attend training sessions and if any changes in the company.

working in a team of 15 members however Shaw has 21 floors of different team .

Hardest part when customer comes with homework of companis and services comparison between telus and shaw, and then make them understand and convince them for Shaw.

enjoyable part is the tower we r working at awesome view 8th floor,
doing pizza parties and all.
Management is awesome getting all kind of support from each individual.
Pros
commission
Cons
enjoyable and interesting job with a great atmosphere
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMay 4, 2016
overall Shaw TSR was a great job with a rewarding future, but the corporate way is very much something to get used to as the positions are always subject to "reorganization".
Pros
70% of customer interaction, fun incentives and people to work with
Cons
Never feeling as though you have job security, regardless of time with company.
fun to talk to people on the phone and made awesome commission top ups!
Customer Service Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
A typical day at work varies, however the nature of job is repetitive. I learned plenty of effective communication skills, working independently and with a team. The higher management was not so great, but some of my supervisors were just amazing! they always provided me with great feedbacks and future learning opportunities. My co-workers were mostly students, I get along with almost everyone. Hardest part of the job was to know detailed process of the CBS system. We often had fun activities on the weekends. work life balance was not so great. we all got laid off!!
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
no work life balance and higher management
Productive environment with friendly co-workers.
Technical support representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2016
-Handled over 100 calls per day
-Gained knowledge about Internet, cable and phone servises
-Fixed all technical issues
-Made sales
-Relaxed environment
-Good Mangement
-Had to deal with rude costumers over the phones
-Best part of the job reqires helping costumers
Pros
free snacks, bonus
productive and very ethical work culture with reasonable salary benefits.
In-home sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 30, 2016
a typical day starts with prioritizing daily task managing people and planning followups for the business.
Making sure that all the deliverable are on time.
Pros
personal benefits, parties, flexible schedule
Cons
strict follow ups, micro management
Productive and fun place to work in.
Cust Solutions Expert. (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 20, 2016
Very long commute from my place to work. Work environment is very good and people are very friendly. You will learn to work in sync with other people as a team. Hardest part of the job is sometimes, sales are very hard come by. Other than that, if you manage to hit your target, the reward will be worth it.
Pros
Very good commissions.
Cons
Sales quota sometimes can be hard to achieve.
Awesome place to work, great cafeteria, great views of surroundings.
Customer Service/Sales/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 8, 2016
My most favorite place to work. The environment is very friendly and professional. Our cubicles were very warm feeling. We had our two screens at the computer as long as tvs to keep us from falling asleep. Food for breaks are everywhere around the building.
Comfortable
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
It was a very comfortable work environment; well air conditioned with flat screen tvs mounted throughout the office. You'd think that your back would hurt after sitting for 7 hours, but the chairs shaw had were excellent.
Pros
Decent salary plus commission
Cons
Hectic work schedule.
Grind it out
Business Sales Consultant, Wifi Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Multiple departments compete for internet sales in a company that seems to be continually evolving. People there are incredibly loyal and hard working. Management plays favourites to those who perform well of course.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Compensation not quite high enough
free hot chocolate
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 22, 2016
nice place to work ,my position as a customer service representative,was to provide a good service to shaw customers,help them to make a payment arrangement if they are late with theire bills.also making changes to the program they may have.
The best wok environment
Executive Assistant to the Vice President (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
Working at Shaw is like working in a family business, you feel that everyone cares for each other and teamwork can be observed everywhere. The office is very conducive and makes employees productive.
benefits
Cons
overall great place to work, and start a career for a young person out of school
technical support rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 21, 2015
this is a great company to work for. they are very focussed on the clients and giving the best overall customer services.

employees share in the success of the company aswell by getting a bonus if performance is good for the year.

benefits are great and rival some of the top companies in canada.

work enviroment changes due to management or new procedures however usually its very fun and lite hearted .
Not ideal place to grow as an ethical professional
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
If ethics are important to you and want to strive to do what's best, this might not be the best place to work at.

It is however a good place to learn how to be resourceful and learn to deal with people who have worked there for ages and love status quo.
Technical operation representitive (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCMarch 31, 2016
It was a pleasure working in an environment that encourage you to learn more in order to have a better career. With friendly staff and rich culture.
Pros
Very organized, good future planning
Cons
not that I know of.