Shaw Communications

Shaw Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Horrible corperate culture
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCAugust 23, 2016
just a horrible place to work.

Friends get promoted, while hard working employees hitting their goals get bypassed.

Run away as fast you can
benefits
Cons
hours, environment, pay, management, only 30 cents in raises in 3 years
good salary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 17, 2016
The job was great, as I enjoy dealing with customers, but management were actually a detriment to productivity. Most of the day was spent solving customers inquiries such as adding or removing service, solving billing issues.
Pros
salary was great
Cons
scheduling
A great working environment with continuous learning opportunities
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 16, 2016
Shaw provides an excellent working environment with a very rare balance between fun and work. I always feel like I am learning new things on a daily basis. The management actively encourages making the company a culturally diverse one, and delegates substantial authority to each employee to contribute with their own knowledge and strengths in their individual roles. One of the best things I recognize within Shaw is that there is substantial growth opportunity within the organization.
Certainly not the best job I ever had.
Bandwidth Management Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2016
Although we were promised lots of internal promotion opportunities, it was definitely a "who you know" environment. I was stuck in the call center, regardless of the past experience I possess in many different areas of leadership and dispatch, in spite of applying for new positions on a regular basis. If you aren't a butt kisser, you won't get anywhere.
Best Company to work with
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 9, 2016
Shaw is one of the best company to work with, they takes care of the employe plus the benefits are so good. Co- Workers are very good, always ready to help each other.
Pros
Good Work environment, Amazing Benefits, Scope for growth
Cons
Can't find any
Fun place to work
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 5, 2016
Fun place to work,call centre has many opportunities to earn more money via commission

Management are approachable
and the co-workers are friendly
Pros
Commissions
Cons
Some Managers play favorites
Great work/lifestyle balance
Business Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2016
Prospecting
Building relationships
Closing deals
Great management
Great group of people to work with, not only in my department, but in all departments, as well.
Great Collaberative Team Environment
SPECIALIST SPONSORSHIPS AND EVENTS (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2016
I thouroughly enjoyed working with my team within the Corporate office of Calgary. I had the best of both worlds and while I was located in Vancouver, I worked with the Corporate team out of Calgary. Everybody I worked with worked very hard and were passionate about their role within Shaw. It made me work that much harder knowing that my team was working as hard as I was for a common goal. I will very much miss my colleagues at Shaw and know that it will be hard to replace such a fantastic working environment.
Pros
Flexibility. Management valued your ideas and opinions.
Cons
Too many layoffs. (I was one of the people downsized after three rounds of cutbacks).
Poor Management
field (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 20, 2016
Managers have meetings all the time but they sure don't have a clue what each other are doing. If you kiss a---, you'll get ahead in this company but if you work, nobody will notice you because managers don't do their jobs.
Pros
A great place to work if you don't like working. Easy to hide out from work
Cons
Poor managers
Productive and fun workplace
In Home Solutions Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  240 Hunter Rd, Kelowna BCJuly 14, 2016
Good company to work for. They look after their employees. Strong sales initiative with a youthful and vibrant culture that is strongly developing.
work review
Customer Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 11, 2016
Fast-paced, required multi-tasking, which I had no problem with>learned what it required to speak with so many different types of people, and that it helped to adapt to them, relate to them.
Co-workers were kind, it was a joy to see them everyday.
the hardest part was probably getting reviewed by a customer in surveys, & really not knowing what was going to be said, they could give a bad review on your call if they were upset about the company in general, or an interaction with someone else entirely, that had nothing to do with you.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to speak with different/new customers everyday.
Pros
great benefits, co-workers were kind, loved the job
Cons
schedule fluctuated spontaneously/affected my health
Fun atmosphere, stressful evironment
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 5, 2016
A typical day at Shaw as a CSE is pretty stressful. Targets aren't attainable unless you're making sales the wrong way and if you're not reaching targets your hours are cut and you're at risk of being fired, BUT if you're making sales the WRONG way you get in trouble/written up too. It's really hard to do well.
trials and tribulations
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 29, 2016
helping customers with their cable related problems-including billing and outtages. Helping other teams out when they needed extra help.
Pros
some good employees
Cons
long hours, not much advancement, no values, no communication
Comfortable
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
It was a very comfortable work environment; well air conditioned with flat screen tvs mounted throughout the office. You'd think that your back would hurt after sitting for 7 hours, but the chairs shaw had were excellent.
Pros
Decent salary plus commission
Cons
Hectic work schedule.
Busy call center with fun incentives and great people
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 9, 2016
A day at Shaw begins with a strict start time, being there early was a must to ensure you were all ready to go when your sign in time started. I will always prepare by opening up all necessary programs and resources before the first call. Check and reply to all unopened emails, review any changes to promotions or products, and make sure all my sales have been properly tracked.

All calls vary from new customer installations, technical issues, billing questions, and overall general questions on the products and services. Necessary transfers did apply.

I learned many different things in regards to the telecommunication industry and broadened my knowledge on how to discover, relate, resolve, and conclude options for customers in a sales environment.

Management is very involved with their employees, with regular call coaching and performance reviews, our supervisors are always encouraging us to find ways to learn or better our skills, Overall management is always there when in need of help.

Co-workers are always very welcoming and kind. All sales consultants when working spend most of their time taking calls as it is an extremely busy call center, and only did socialize during breaks. We merely do not have the time.

Hardest part of the job I find is learning the system, all the products, and especially learning how the services worked.
At the beginning it was a lot of different things to digest, Once comfortable with that, it was explaining it to a customer in a way that they would understand.

As I am a outgoing social butterfly, most enjoyable part for me would
  more... definitely be talking to the different customers on the phone. The pleasurable conversations and stories I have from so many different people always keep things exciting. You never know who your going to get. Its like a box of chocolates.  less
Okay place to work
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 4, 2016
Be ready to work different shifts. But pay is okay with commissions. You have to be a patient person to handle the job. Everyone around you are open to help
Great learning experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 1, 2016
Working at Shaw was a great learning experience as the environment is fast paced, results oriented and very competitive. However, the company likes to present itself as one that focuses on Work/Life balance but makes you work on any 5 days of the week and can schedule you for any 8 working hours between 7am-10pm in for a week.

Supervisors treatment of the agents reminds you that there is a hierarchal gap in between. However, working with other agents was competitive but fun.
Pros
Great ways to earn commissions in sales
Cons
No fixed schedule and bad management
productive and very ethical work culture with reasonable salary benefits.
In-home sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 30, 2016
a typical day starts with prioritizing daily task managing people and planning followups for the business.
Making sure that all the deliverable are on time.
Pros
personal benefits, parties, flexible schedule
Cons
strict follow ups, micro management
Great company.
Customer Care Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2016
Shaw is a great company to work for with a pleasant work environment and excellent benefits. Since some areas of the company are open from long hours, the work life balance can be difficult.
A company full of opportunities
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Sky is the limit at Shaw Communications. We know of many individuals that started from the bottom and worked themselves all the way to the top positions in the company. Hard work will be able to get you any where in the company. The environment is diverse and full of talented people. A great place to work and a promising industry.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Can't think of any