Shaw Communications

Shaw Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Comfortable
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
It was a very comfortable work environment; well air conditioned with flat screen tvs mounted throughout the office. You'd think that your back would hurt after sitting for 7 hours, but the chairs shaw had were excellent.
Pros
Decent salary plus commission
Cons
Hectic work schedule.
Busy call center with fun incentives and great people
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 9, 2016
A day at Shaw begins with a strict start time, being there early was a must to ensure you were all ready to go when your sign in time started. I will always prepare by opening up all necessary programs and resources before the first call. Check and reply to all unopened emails, review any changes to promotions or products, and make sure all my sales have been properly tracked.

All calls vary from new customer installations, technical issues, billing questions, and overall general questions on the products and services. Necessary transfers did apply.

I learned many different things in regards to the telecommunication industry and broadened my knowledge on how to discover, relate, resolve, and conclude options for customers in a sales environment.

Management is very involved with their employees, with regular call coaching and performance reviews, our supervisors are always encouraging us to find ways to learn or better our skills, Overall management is always there when in need of help.

Co-workers are always very welcoming and kind. All sales consultants when working spend most of their time taking calls as it is an extremely busy call center, and only did socialize during breaks. We merely do not have the time.

Hardest part of the job I find is learning the system, all the products, and especially learning how the services worked.
At the beginning it was a lot of different things to digest, Once comfortable with that, it was explaining it to a customer in a way that they would understand.

As I am a outgoing social butterfly, most enjoyable part for me would
  more... definitely be talking to the different customers on the phone. The pleasurable conversations and stories I have from so many different people always keep things exciting. You never know who your going to get. Its like a box of chocolates.  less
Okay place to work
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 4, 2016
Be ready to work different shifts. But pay is okay with commissions. You have to be a patient person to handle the job. Everyone around you are open to help
Great learning experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 1, 2016
Working at Shaw was a great learning experience as the environment is fast paced, results oriented and very competitive. However, the company likes to present itself as one that focuses on Work/Life balance but makes you work on any 5 days of the week and can schedule you for any 8 working hours between 7am-10pm in for a week.

Supervisors treatment of the agents reminds you that there is a hierarchal gap in between. However, working with other agents was competitive but fun.
Pros
Great ways to earn commissions in sales
Cons
No fixed schedule and bad management
productive and very ethical work culture with reasonable salary benefits.
In-home sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 30, 2016
a typical day starts with prioritizing daily task managing people and planning followups for the business.
Making sure that all the deliverable are on time.
Pros
personal benefits, parties, flexible schedule
Cons
strict follow ups, micro management
Great company.
Customer Care Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2016
Shaw is a great company to work for with a pleasant work environment and excellent benefits. Since some areas of the company are open from long hours, the work life balance can be difficult.
A company full of opportunities
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Sky is the limit at Shaw Communications. We know of many individuals that started from the bottom and worked themselves all the way to the top positions in the company. Hard work will be able to get you any where in the company. The environment is diverse and full of talented people. A great place to work and a promising industry.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Can't think of any
fun workplace
bandwidth management team (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Love the job and the company. I would of stayed at my job and not given a choice to relocate but I have a girlfriend and all of my family is here and that means more to me. I did appreciate everything Shaw has done for me and they did offer me my job to relocate which i respected. I hope i can grow within the company as i did with them.
Pros
great work place
Cons
some negative employees
Productive environment with friendly co-workers.
Technical support representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2016
-Handled over 100 calls per day
-Gained knowledge about Internet, cable and phone servises
-Fixed all technical issues
-Made sales
-Relaxed environment
-Good Mangement
-Had to deal with rude costumers over the phones
-Best part of the job reqires helping costumers
Pros
free snacks, bonus
enjoyable and interesting job with a great atmosphere
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMay 4, 2016
overall Shaw TSR was a great job with a rewarding future, but the corporate way is very much something to get used to as the positions are always subject to "reorganization".
Pros
70% of customer interaction, fun incentives and people to work with
Cons
Never feeling as though you have job security, regardless of time with company.
Passionate work environment
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 3, 2016
A typical day at Shaw is always full of energy and passion, every day is a great day to work at Shaw because you learn so much. In this job, you get to talk to so many different people resulting in a wider knowledge of people and the psychology behind people, selling and relationships. That is one of the best parts of the job because this kind of knowledge can help you a lot in your outside life at work and future opportunities. The management is very good also, they are always 100 percent transparent to the employees, they always give feedback which makes employees grow as a person. My co-workers are always great and full of energy, they are very supportive and they are there for me 100 percent of the time, whenever i need help, we all help each other grow as a team. The hardest part of the job was getting over the objections by customers but at the same time it is also the most enjoyable and my favorite part of the game because when you get over the objection, it is the best feeling ever, it is like a mental chess game.
Pros
Amazing Benefits
Cons
late shifts
Fun place to work and good job/work life balance
Intermediate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
Overall Shaw Communication is a good place to work.

As an Accounting professional you must learn to stay current with new technologies.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the good team environment and comprehensive benefits that Shaw provides such as stock options and employee share plan.
Pros
7.5 working hours and earned day per quarter
Cons
Accounting software need updating
The best wok environment
Executive Assistant to the Vice President (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
Working at Shaw is like working in a family business, you feel that everyone cares for each other and teamwork can be observed everywhere. The office is very conducive and makes employees productive.
benefits
Cons
a good and productive place to work
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 25, 2016
i really liked my time working here. the workers are very good and friendly, the management staff were incredible as they always wanted to help an employee become better.
A great work environment
Technical Support Representative (TSR) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
People are friendly and the supervisors/management are supportive. You are given stock options and other monetary benefits that can grow several thousands in a couple of years. You also enjoy multi-level health and medical benefits. There is also an annual wellness program that entitles you to as much as extra $1,000 that you can use to buy a new laptop or any gadget, enroll in any fitness program, or use for your kids' sports training program.
Pros
more benefits
Cons
can be very demanding at times
free hot chocolate
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 22, 2016
nice place to work ,my position as a customer service representative,was to provide a good service to shaw customers,help them to make a payment arrangement if they are late with theire bills.also making changes to the program they may have.
Amazing
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 20, 2016
The people and the environment at Shaw Communications was an amazing place to work. If you live nearby or can handle the commute into Vancouver every day then I would recommend it to anyone that can. Working with everyone there it feels like a family. The hardest part of the job is talking to your customer but when you hear the smile in the customers voice after you have done your best to resolve their issues, it makes it all worth it.
Pros
Pot lucks!!!
Cons
it can be stressful
Great work life Balance
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
Fun working environment with great work-life balance.
Great daily support and development.
Great benefits and employee perks.
Dedicated agent support.
Working at Shaw
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  VancouverApril 17, 2016
Great fast paced environment. Lots of learning. You are told there is lots of opportunity to grow, but it is in fact very limited.
Awesome place to work, great cafeteria, great views of surroundings.
Customer Service/Sales/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 8, 2016
My most favorite place to work. The environment is very friendly and professional. Our cubicles were very warm feeling. We had our two screens at the computer as long as tvs to keep us from falling asleep. Food for breaks are everywhere around the building.