Shaw Communications

Shaw Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work and good job/work life balance
Intermediate Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
Pros: 7.5 working hours and earned day per quarter
Cons: Accounting software need updating
Overall Shaw Communication is a good place to work.

As an Accounting professional you must learn to stay current with new technologies.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the good team environment and comprehensive benefits that Shaw provides such as stock options and employee share plan.
The best wok environment
Executive Assistant to the Vice President (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Working at Shaw is like working in a family business, you feel that everyone cares for each other and teamwork can be observed everywhere. The office is very conducive and makes employees productive.
a good and productive place to work
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 25, 2016
i really liked my time working here. the workers are very good and friendly, the management staff were incredible as they always wanted to help an employee become better.
A great work environment
Technical Support Representative (TSR) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
Pros: more benefits
Cons: can be very demanding at times
People are friendly and the supervisors/management are supportive. You are given stock options and other monetary benefits that can grow several thousands in a couple of years. You also enjoy multi-level health and medical benefits. There is also an annual wellness program that entitles you to as much as extra $1,000 that you can use to buy a new laptop or any gadget, enroll in any fitness program, or use for your kids' sports training program.
free hot chocolate
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 22, 2016
nice place to work ,my position as a customer service representative,was to provide a good service to shaw customers,help them to make a payment arrangement if they are late with theire bills.also making changes to the program they may have.
Amazing
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 20, 2016
Pros: Pot lucks!!!
Cons: it can be stressful
The people and the environment at Shaw Communications was an amazing place to work. If you live nearby or can handle the commute into Vancouver every day then I would recommend it to anyone that can. Working with everyone there it feels like a family. The hardest part of the job is talking to your customer but when you hear the smile in the customers voice after you have done your best to resolve their issues, it makes it all worth it.
Great work life Balance
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
Fun working environment with great work-life balance.
Great daily support and development.
Great benefits and employee perks.
Dedicated agent support.
Working at Shaw
Product Specialist (Former Employee), VancouverApril 17, 2016
Great fast paced environment. Lots of learning. You are told there is lots of opportunity to grow, but it is in fact very limited.
Awesome place to work, great cafeteria, great views of surroundings.
Customer Service/Sales/Dispatch (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 8, 2016
My most favorite place to work. The environment is very friendly and professional. Our cubicles were very warm feeling. We had our two screens at the computer as long as tvs to keep us from falling asleep. Food for breaks are everywhere around the building.
not really a great job
Outbound sales representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2016
the company has no regards for there employees, the hours are horrible and most supervisors are power hungry. not really a great place to work at.
very repetitive job
Customer Advisor-Customer Care-Billing (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 1, 2016
Pros: great people
Cons: long days
like almost every call center you are doing the same thing every day. however they do not make it clear when you are first hired your targets and goals.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Usually busy days with calls coming in regarding queries for products and services and other aspects related to shaw services. Handling customers problems and resolving in an efficient way
Technical operation representitive (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Very organized, good future planning
Cons: not that I know of.
It was a pleasure working in an environment that encourage you to learn more in order to have a better career. With friendly staff and rich culture.
good place to work at
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 20, 2016
Pros: commission
Cons: long hours
i starts my day taking billing,sales calls helping customer.
have lunch at my desk.
attend training sessions and if any changes in the company.

working in a team of 15 members however Shaw has 21 floors of different team .

Hardest part when customer comes with homework of companis and services comparison between telus and shaw, and then make them understand and convince them for Shaw.

enjoyable part is the tower we r working at awesome view 8th floor,
doing pizza parties and all.
Management is awesome getting all kind of support from each individual.
Grind it out
Business Sales Consultant, Wifi Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Compensation not quite high enough
Multiple departments compete for internet sales in a company that seems to be continually evolving. People there are incredibly loyal and hard working. Management plays favourites to those who perform well of course.
fun to talk to people on the phone and made awesome commission top ups!
Customer Service Sales Rep (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: no work life balance and higher management
A typical day at work varies, however the nature of job is repetitive. I learned plenty of effective communication skills, working independently and with a team. The higher management was not so great, but some of my supervisors were just amazing! they always provided me with great feedbacks and future learning opportunities. My co-workers were mostly students, I get along with almost everyone. Hardest part of the job was to know detailed process of the CBS system. We often had fun activities on the weekends. work life balance was not so great. we all got laid off!!
Not ideal place to grow as an ethical professional
Supply Chain (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
If ethics are important to you and want to strive to do what's best, this might not be the best place to work at.

It is however a good place to learn how to be resourceful and learn to deal with people who have worked there for ages and love status quo.
Productive and fun place to work in.
Cust Solutions Expert. (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 20, 2016
Pros: Very good commissions.
Cons: Sales quota sometimes can be hard to achieve.
Very long commute from my place to work. Work environment is very good and people are very friendly. You will learn to work in sync with other people as a team. Hardest part of the job is sometimes, sales are very hard come by. Other than that, if you manage to hit your target, the reward will be worth it.
A friendly corporate environment with a strong culture.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 13, 2016
Pros: Good pay. Good people. Great benefits. Stock options.
Cons: Repetitive work. Sedentary in nature. Inconsistent shifts/hours.
Shaw is a great place to ease one's self into the corporate world. A typical day at work will consist of passing by the Starbucks on the first floor, sitting down to any available desk and start taking calls. No cubicles, very social setting. I have learned a great deal about the ins and outs of the telecommunications world, about dealing with just about every demographic in terms of customers. Management in my specific department is airtight and gets above average results, but other parts of the company could use some work, from my perspective. My coworkers are good people and some of them have become real friends. One of the more difficult things about the job to deal with on a daily basis is how enormous of a corporation it actually is, and more specifically how unlikely movement within the company feels as well as how focused on the bottom line virtually everything appears to ride on. I enjoy the people I work with and I enjoy being able to be creative on occasion when I can write an informational email or blog for my team. I can be myself most of the time.
Fun workplace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2016
A nice place to work at if you have a knack for sales and customer service. emphasis is placed on building good relationship with the clients.
Headquarters