Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Good pay, ever changing workplace culture
In Home Technician (Current Employee) –  Alberta19 August 2017
This company is always changing which is not a surprise since its a communications company and needs to evolve with the changing demands of society and technology. However, employee expectations can change on a dime without you even knowing and can be surprising used against you during a performance evaluation. Witnessed many good employees, better than myself, that were let go for no apparent reason except maybe for speculative reasons. The culture has changed. Used to be Company-Employee-Customer had to all benefit in a situation. It appears recently that only Company-Customer need to benefit. Employee is just a number for their numbers. Company used to have employees backs...
Pros
Pay
Cons
Employee Support
Flexible and enjoyable place to work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2017
Management leaves you to complete work in your own way - we are a thriving vibrant community who relect the richness of our communities and celebrate our diversities.

Our team at Shaw, believes that an inclusive workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective. Through our diversity we create better solutions.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Short hours
Great wage, Good hours, stress inducing deadlines
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 August 2017
A Typical day of work started with arrival at the office warehouse, job lists are emailed late the night before. You would pick up the equipment and tools necessary to complete your calls for the day. You then call all your customers for the day to confirm the appointments and to let them know about any circumstances involving potential appointment shifts. You then go to each call, consult with the customer as to what they needed where and get to work. Usually, you are left alone. Once all your calls for the day are finished you have the possibility to pick up other unassigned calls for the day. You are paid per job and can go home whenever you have finished the assigned jobs for the day.
Pros
Excellent Wages, Good hours
Cons
Bad management, Stressful meeting deadlines
High energy sales driven company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2017
I absolutely loved working with shaw. I was a outbound sales representative. You made more money the harder you worked. The more calls you made and your perfect pitch lead the company and myself lots of money. I was always one of the top sales charts of the month. Workplace culture was very high energy, positive culture
Pros
High commission
Cons
Tight targets
Fun company with excellent benefits
Technical Service Representative, Tier II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 August 2017
Fun to work for with excellent benefits, lots of employee/family activities and excellent management. Enjoyed job immensely and was sad to leave.

Forced to leave due to family requirements.
fun
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 August 2017
the shaw tower is an amazing place to work. people are generally kind and understanding to work with. leadership team is approchable and very transparent. some particular roles require odd working hours which can interfere with work-life balance.
Pros
good environment
Cons
schedule, minimal work life balance
Sucks
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan5 August 2017
Not a good environment at all. Staff is underappreciated and treated poorly. Pay sucks for the level of knowledge required. I would not recommend this employer to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Great Work Friends, Horrible Work Environment
CUSTOMER SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2017
horrible management
very cut throat work
not alot of support for those who struggle with the job
"shape up or ship out" kind of atmosphere
all commission based so alot of the incentives are at the cost of the customers
amazing
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC1 August 2017
shaw was an absolutely amazing company to work for I was extremely sad the day ,y temp position ended but would take it again in a heart beat even though the pay is considerably less than I am used to
Phenonmial company
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 July 2017
This company is phenomenal in so many ways. They are always willing to do everything they can to help there employees and amazing benefits for there staff
Professionally Managed , plenty of perks
In-home, Business and System Technician (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON27 July 2017
This is a professional corporation that looks forward to the future and evolution. There is room to grow if you apply yourself and ask management for direction. They encourage change.There is fair benefits and rewards for your work.
You either get the culture or you don't
Marketing Advisor, Brand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2017
The Shaw Culture is strong, using the words "I" and "me" or "my" is not opening accepted. Always "We" or "Our". There are a lot of people who have been there happily for a long time, but there is a big gap between employees who have been there 2-5 years.

The management on my team was not great, and the work expectation and hours were unreasonable.

The upper management, particularly on the marketing side have a great, strong vision and were very inspirational people.
Pros
Great employee pricing, beautiful offices and art
Cons
Long hours, tough culture
Best
Planner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 July 2017
Great atmosphere to work, with an open office concept. Management are courteous and friendly, the organization values family and team bonding. You are in charge of your own success.
Pros
gets a life!
Cons
If you miss high school, this is the job for you!
CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS EXPERT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 July 2017
Spend my days calling my life away as a telemarketer. On my team I feel english was not the primary language. Cold calling signing up customers for internet/cable. Reached my targets for the most part. underperformers will get yelled at and talked to at weekly/monthly reviews. Stressful job for the most part but could be fun. People can be master of their domains. Lots of sugar and food to be passed around.
Pros
GREAT BENEFITS! Everyone is pretty close knit
Cons
favoritism amongst the staff. bunch of kids not acting their age. much to do about nothing
Best Place to Work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 July 2017
Shaw is one of the best employer in Canada. People in Shaw are very friendly, it's culture truly represents diversity. Wage is very competitive according to industry standards and it has lots of opportunities to grow inside the organization.
Pros
Career opportunities, friendly environment, Good wage
great training and software programs
Team Leader Internet Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 July 2017
It is a typical big corporation environment. You are monitored by the second for every phone call you take, regardless of the department you work in and graded and assessed by your manager based on each recorded phone call. I would not recommend.
Pros
some benefits for f/t employees
Cons
managers are not supportive
Average company
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2017
Less than industry average salary
Poor management and planning skills
No career path for growth
Hiring and talent recognition and retaining is appalling
Pros
Diversity
Great work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC13 July 2017
This is another great work place, wonderful and loving staffs to work with. Very kind and considerate managers to work under. Love working for them but the company sold to Roger's Cable, so must move on.
awesome place to work
Door to door sales (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 July 2017
working here since 2 years and still love it , can,t imagine of working at any other place after this one , different depts have different perks depends on you
Good company
Coordinator Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2017
-regular business hours
-Learned new technical and soft skills
-Worked in technical, customer service, telephony and provisioning and TV repair departments
-worked in scheduling department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval