Shaw Communications

Shaw Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

A great working environment with continuous learning opportunities
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 16, 2016
Shaw provides an excellent working environment with a very rare balance between fun and work. I always feel like I am learning new things on a daily basis. The management actively encourages making the company a culturally diverse one, and delegates substantial authority to each employee to contribute with their own knowledge and strengths in their individual roles. One of the best things I recognize within Shaw is that there is substantial growth opportunity within the organization.
Great Collaberative Team Environment
SPECIALIST SPONSORSHIPS AND EVENTS (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2016
I thouroughly enjoyed working with my team within the Corporate office of Calgary. I had the best of both worlds and while I was located in Vancouver, I worked with the Corporate team out of Calgary. Everybody I worked with worked very hard and were passionate about their role within Shaw. It made me work that much harder knowing that my team was working as hard as I was for a common goal. I will very much miss my colleagues at Shaw and know that it will be hard to replace such a fantastic working environment.
Pros
Flexibility. Management valued your ideas and opinions.
Cons
Too many layoffs. (I was one of the people downsized after three rounds of cutbacks).
work review
Customer Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 11, 2016
Fast-paced, required multi-tasking, which I had no problem with>learned what it required to speak with so many different types of people, and that it helped to adapt to them, relate to them.
Co-workers were kind, it was a joy to see them everyday.
the hardest part was probably getting reviewed by a customer in surveys, & really not knowing what was going to be said, they could give a bad review on your call if they were upset about the company in general, or an interaction with someone else entirely, that had nothing to do with you.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to speak with different/new customers everyday.
Pros
great benefits, co-workers were kind, loved the job
Cons
schedule fluctuated spontaneously/affected my health
Certainly not the best job I ever had.
Bandwidth Management Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2016
Although we were promised lots of internal promotion opportunities, it was definitely a "who you know" environment. I was stuck in the call center, regardless of the past experience I possess in many different areas of leadership and dispatch, in spite of applying for new positions on a regular basis. If you aren't a butt kisser, you won't get anywhere.
Great learning experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 1, 2016
Working at Shaw was a great learning experience as the environment is fast paced, results oriented and very competitive. However, the company likes to present itself as one that focuses on Work/Life balance but makes you work on any 5 days of the week and can schedule you for any 8 working hours between 7am-10pm in for a week.

Supervisors treatment of the agents reminds you that there is a hierarchal gap in between. However, working with other agents was competitive but fun.
Pros
Great ways to earn commissions in sales
Cons
No fixed schedule and bad management
Fun atmosphere, stressful evironment
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 5, 2016
A typical day at Shaw as a CSE is pretty stressful. Targets aren't attainable unless you're making sales the wrong way and if you're not reaching targets your hours are cut and you're at risk of being fired, BUT if you're making sales the WRONG way you get in trouble/written up too. It's really hard to do well.
A company full of opportunities
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Sky is the limit at Shaw Communications. We know of many individuals that started from the bottom and worked themselves all the way to the top positions in the company. Hard work will be able to get you any where in the company. The environment is diverse and full of talented people. A great place to work and a promising industry.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Can't think of any
Fun place to work and good job/work life balance
Intermediate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
Overall Shaw Communication is a good place to work.

As an Accounting professional you must learn to stay current with new technologies.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the good team environment and comprehensive benefits that Shaw provides such as stock options and employee share plan.
Pros
7.5 working hours and earned day per quarter
Cons
Accounting software need updating
fun workplace
bandwidth management team (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Love the job and the company. I would of stayed at my job and not given a choice to relocate but I have a girlfriend and all of my family is here and that means more to me. I did appreciate everything Shaw has done for me and they did offer me my job to relocate which i respected. I hope i can grow within the company as i did with them.
Pros
great work place
Cons
some negative employees
A great work environment
Technical Support Representative (TSR) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
People are friendly and the supervisors/management are supportive. You are given stock options and other monetary benefits that can grow several thousands in a couple of years. You also enjoy multi-level health and medical benefits. There is also an annual wellness program that entitles you to as much as extra $1,000 that you can use to buy a new laptop or any gadget, enroll in any fitness program, or use for your kids' sports training program.
Pros
more benefits
Cons
can be very demanding at times
Amazing
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 20, 2016
The people and the environment at Shaw Communications was an amazing place to work. If you live nearby or can handle the commute into Vancouver every day then I would recommend it to anyone that can. Working with everyone there it feels like a family. The hardest part of the job is talking to your customer but when you hear the smile in the customers voice after you have done your best to resolve their issues, it makes it all worth it.
Pros
Pot lucks!!!
Cons
it can be stressful
enjoyable and interesting job with a great atmosphere
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMay 4, 2016
overall Shaw TSR was a great job with a rewarding future, but the corporate way is very much something to get used to as the positions are always subject to "reorganization".
Pros
70% of customer interaction, fun incentives and people to work with
Cons
Never feeling as though you have job security, regardless of time with company.
Productive environment with friendly co-workers.
Technical support representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2016
-Handled over 100 calls per day
-Gained knowledge about Internet, cable and phone servises
-Fixed all technical issues
-Made sales
-Relaxed environment
-Good Mangement
-Had to deal with rude costumers over the phones
-Best part of the job reqires helping costumers
Pros
free snacks, bonus
productive and very ethical work culture with reasonable salary benefits.
In-home sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 30, 2016
a typical day starts with prioritizing daily task managing people and planning followups for the business.
Making sure that all the deliverable are on time.
Pros
personal benefits, parties, flexible schedule
Cons
strict follow ups, micro management
Poor Management
field (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 20, 2016
Managers have meetings all the time but they sure don't have a clue what each other are doing. If you kiss a---, you'll get ahead in this company but if you work, nobody will notice you because managers don't do their jobs.
Pros
A great place to work if you don't like working. Easy to hide out from work
Cons
Poor managers
good place to work at
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 20, 2016
i starts my day taking billing,sales calls helping customer.
have lunch at my desk.
attend training sessions and if any changes in the company.

working in a team of 15 members however Shaw has 21 floors of different team .

Hardest part when customer comes with homework of companis and services comparison between telus and shaw, and then make them understand and convince them for Shaw.

enjoyable part is the tower we r working at awesome view 8th floor,
doing pizza parties and all.
Management is awesome getting all kind of support from each individual.
Pros
commission
good salary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 17, 2016
The job was great, as I enjoy dealing with customers, but management were actually a detriment to productivity. Most of the day was spent solving customers inquiries such as adding or removing service, solving billing issues.
Pros
salary was great
Cons
scheduling
Comfortable
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
It was a very comfortable work environment; well air conditioned with flat screen tvs mounted throughout the office. You'd think that your back would hurt after sitting for 7 hours, but the chairs shaw had were excellent.
Pros
Decent salary plus commission
Cons
Hectic work schedule.
Best Company to work with
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 9, 2016
Shaw is one of the best company to work with, they takes care of the employe plus the benefits are so good. Co- Workers are very good, always ready to help each other.
Pros
Good Work environment, Amazing Benefits, Scope for growth
Cons
Can't find any
Horrible corperate culture
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCAugust 23, 2016
just a horrible place to work.

Friends get promoted, while hard working employees hitting their goals get bypassed.

Run away as fast you can
benefits
Cons
hours, environment, pay, management, only 30 cents in raises in 3 years