Shaw Communications

Shaw Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
A company full of opportunities
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Pros: Great people
Cons: Can't think of any
Sky is the limit at Shaw Communications. We know of many individuals that started from the bottom and worked themselves all the way to the top positions in the company. Hard work will be able to get you any where in the company. The environment is diverse and full of talented people. A great place to work and a promising industry.
fun workplace
bandwidth management team (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Pros: great work place
Cons: some negative employees
Love the job and the company. I would of stayed at my job and not given a choice to relocate but I have a girlfriend and all of my family is here and that means more to me. I did appreciate everything Shaw has done for me and they did offer me my job to relocate which i respected. I hope i can grow within the company as i did with them.
Productive environment with friendly co-workers.
Technical support representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 13, 2016
Pros: free snacks, bonus
-Handled over 100 calls per day
-Gained knowledge about Internet, cable and phone servises
-Fixed all technical issues
-Made sales
-Relaxed environment
-Good Mangement
-Had to deal with rude costumers over the phones
-Best part of the job reqires helping costumers
enjoyable and interesting job with a great atmosphere
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCMay 4, 2016
Pros: 70% of customer interaction, fun incentives and people to work with
Cons: Never feeling as though you have job security, regardless of time with company.
overall Shaw TSR was a great job with a rewarding future, but the corporate way is very much something to get used to as the positions are always subject to "reorganization".
Passionate work environment
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 3, 2016
Pros: Amazing Benefits
Cons: late shifts
A typical day at Shaw is always full of energy and passion, every day is a great day to work at Shaw because you learn so much. In this job, you get to talk to so many different people resulting in a wider knowledge of people and the psychology behind people, selling and relationships. That is one of the best parts of the job because this kind of knowledge can help you a lot in your outside life at work and future opportunities. The management is very good also, they are always 100 percent transparent to the employees, they always give feedback which makes employees grow as a person. My co-workers are always great and full of energy, they are very supportive and they are there for me 100 percent of the time, whenever i need help, we all help each other grow as a team. The hardest part of the job was getting over the objections by customers but at the same time it is also the most enjoyable and my favorite part of the game because when you get over the objection, it is the best feeling ever, it is like a mental chess game.
Fun place to work and good job/work life balance
Intermediate Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
Pros: 7.5 working hours and earned day per quarter
Cons: Accounting software need updating
Overall Shaw Communication is a good place to work.

As an Accounting professional you must learn to stay current with new technologies.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the good team environment and comprehensive benefits that Shaw provides such as stock options and employee share plan.
The best wok environment
Executive Assistant to the Vice President (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Working at Shaw is like working in a family business, you feel that everyone cares for each other and teamwork can be observed everywhere. The office is very conducive and makes employees productive.
a good and productive place to work
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 25, 2016
i really liked my time working here. the workers are very good and friendly, the management staff were incredible as they always wanted to help an employee become better.
A great work environment
Technical Support Representative (TSR) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
Pros: more benefits
Cons: can be very demanding at times
People are friendly and the supervisors/management are supportive. You are given stock options and other monetary benefits that can grow several thousands in a couple of years. You also enjoy multi-level health and medical benefits. There is also an annual wellness program that entitles you to as much as extra $1,000 that you can use to buy a new laptop or any gadget, enroll in any fitness program, or use for your kids' sports training program.
free hot chocolate
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 22, 2016
nice place to work ,my position as a customer service representative,was to provide a good service to shaw customers,help them to make a payment arrangement if they are late with theire bills.also making changes to the program they may have.
Amazing
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 20, 2016
Pros: Pot lucks!!!
Cons: it can be stressful
The people and the environment at Shaw Communications was an amazing place to work. If you live nearby or can handle the commute into Vancouver every day then I would recommend it to anyone that can. Working with everyone there it feels like a family. The hardest part of the job is talking to your customer but when you hear the smile in the customers voice after you have done your best to resolve their issues, it makes it all worth it.
Great work life Balance
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
Fun working environment with great work-life balance.
Great daily support and development.
Great benefits and employee perks.
Dedicated agent support.
Working at Shaw
Product Specialist (Former Employee), VancouverApril 17, 2016
Great fast paced environment. Lots of learning. You are told there is lots of opportunity to grow, but it is in fact very limited.
Awesome place to work, great cafeteria, great views of surroundings.
Customer Service/Sales/Dispatch (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 8, 2016
My most favorite place to work. The environment is very friendly and professional. Our cubicles were very warm feeling. We had our two screens at the computer as long as tvs to keep us from falling asleep. Food for breaks are everywhere around the building.
not really a great job
Outbound sales representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2016
the company has no regards for there employees, the hours are horrible and most supervisors are power hungry. not really a great place to work at.
very repetitive job
Customer Advisor-Customer Care-Billing (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 1, 2016
Pros: great people
Cons: long days
like almost every call center you are doing the same thing every day. however they do not make it clear when you are first hired your targets and goals.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Usually busy days with calls coming in regarding queries for products and services and other aspects related to shaw services. Handling customers problems and resolving in an efficient way
Technical operation representitive (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Very organized, good future planning
Cons: not that I know of.
It was a pleasure working in an environment that encourage you to learn more in order to have a better career. With friendly staff and rich culture.
good place to work at
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 20, 2016
Pros: commission
Cons: long hours
i starts my day taking billing,sales calls helping customer.
have lunch at my desk.
attend training sessions and if any changes in the company.

working in a team of 15 members however Shaw has 21 floors of different team .

Hardest part when customer comes with homework of companis and services comparison between telus and shaw, and then make them understand and convince them for Shaw.

enjoyable part is the tower we r working at awesome view 8th floor,
doing pizza parties and all.
Management is awesome getting all kind of support from each individual.
Grind it out
Business Sales Consultant, Wifi Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Compensation not quite high enough
Multiple departments compete for internet sales in a company that seems to be continually evolving. People there are incredibly loyal and hard working. Management plays favourites to those who perform well of course.
Headquarters