Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Exciting fast paced environment with a fun atmosphere
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Was accountable for answering calls from new and existing customers, with a focus on technical support and promoting the features at shaw.
Management rewarded hard work and engagement
Productive Place to work with lots of Incentives & Tools for motivation
In Home Solutions Consultant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 26, 2016
Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 14,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.

At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.

Career Opportunity: Technical Service Representative (Multicultural - Cantonese Speaking)

We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Representative working in our inbound call center in our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Supervisor, Technical Support, the successful candidate will be accountable for answering calls from new and existing customers with a focus on technical support and promoting the features, benefits and advantages of Shaw products and services to our customers.
Technical Suport Representative
TECHNIAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Great technology to work with, ergonomics were good.
Cons: Parking, Shaw Kelowna does not have enough employee parking, space and there is limited space along the road, so sometimes you had to park a long ways away. :(
Inbound call centre providing technical support and customer service, so a typical workday involved taking calls from people needing assistance with internet, cable and home phone issues. Secondarily, we also assisted with billing and other customer service inquiries and there was some selling involved as well.
I learned a great deal about computers, modems and routers and so forth and that was probably the toughest part of the job.
The management was great, I always had very good relationships with my managers. Co-workers were great, too. I really didn't have any problems with anyone.
I was an Assistant Trainer for about 8 months and enjoyed imparting my customer service, sales and technical support know-how to new hires. Some of them had never worked in a call centre so they had a lot of questions and it was good to have a small part in their growth.
The most enjoyable part of the job was probably the satisfaction of solving a customer's technical or billing problem, especially in cases where they had already called in before and it never got resolved to their satisfaction before. It was gratifying to solve their problem.
Overall impression
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 25, 2015
Pros: Occasional events, parties and seasonal gatherings
Cons: Repetitive pattern of calls and problems makes the job monotonous
The company nurtures a sense of family and unity. Supervisors, managers and representatives collaborate the most possible to the benefit of the reputation of the company.
Great for honing in on special areas which are fcused on a daily basis
CSR Billing Rep (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 19, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
Great for honing in on special areas which are focused on a daily basis.
The people make going to work a pleasant experience and the supervisors are supportive and involved in the progression of the staff.
Fun environment, but stiff management.
Technical Support Representative. (Current Employee), 14 Fultz Boulevard, Winnipeg Manitoba, CanadaNovember 24, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, good pay, promote from inside the company.
Cons: No definitive values, training is sloppy.
Great work environment. Everyone was very welcoming, and was able to answer any question I could throw at them. Although, when it came down to brass tacks, it seemed like they didn't know how to manage anything, especially when it came down to supervisors. For example, Supervisor A will say that you get three write-ups, then you're done. Supervisor B, will say you get one verbal warning, one write-up, then you're done. All supervisors are completely different and some are a LOT more strict than others.
The work/life balance has been declining recently.
eCare Technical Service Representative (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCNovember 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits, the Staff, wage, vacation and stat days
Cons: Scheduling. It should be performance based, or even lifestyle based. I am a mother of 2 kids under age 9, when I get scheduling 2:30pm-10:30pm - I literally never see them awake.
We recently went through some scheduling changes and there have been very large meetings about Work.Life balance and what would work best for scheduling. We just got introduced to a new schedule system and it is even worse for Work/Life Balance :( It's almost impossible to plan for anything.
Poor Training
sales representative (Former Employee), British ColumbiaNovember 11, 2015
Pros: Good commission, hours
Cons: Poor communication when it came to training.
When I started as a sales rep, the company couldn't provide me the proper training to do my job. I had to learn as I went on with my shifts. I had to call other Shaw locations, or email them back and forth on how to do certain things which embarrassed me. I think I could've gotten more sales if I had started from A to Z with the training, instead of it being given to me as I struggled by myself.
Fun work environment, with many career opportunities.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 21, 2015
Great place to work, and all the staff are nice and friendly. Great location to work downtown at the Shaw Tower. Good company to work for.
Teamwork, Leader, Communicator
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2015
Fun workplace, like to keep busy, enjoy team work and challenging work environment.
Different type of experience gained.
An outstanding and very successful family run Company
CLEC Services Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2015
Pros: The most wonderful people, An outstanding company that truly values outstanding customer service, Hard work and dedication goes a long way
Cons: Very difficult to obtain a position in Calgary with most work now being done in Victoria
I truly loved every day that I was employed with Shaw Communications and could not say one negative thing about the company. Now that I have my child though I am unable to work a full-time position and excited about a new part-time opportunity that can keep me busy and feeling fulfilled.
nothing to say
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2015
That’s an interesting question. I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the product(s), updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our global teams. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option
Easy going relaxed environment, great place to work.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), VancouverSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Great Management that are very approachable
I would recommed this employer for any one that wishes to further their career. They have great benefits and always have your best interests in mind.
Family Owned and Operated.. Employees treated like family as well!
Customer Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Rewards when exceeding company goals, free Coffee, heathy snacks
Cons: Long hours if requested
Family owned and operated and employees would feel like family as well. Shaw would always take the time to acknowledge its employees throughout the year with BBQs, out of office events and training and outstanding Christmas events for employees and their children.
Lots of incentive to improve skills, advancement opportunities with supportive colleagues and management.
Competitive wages and bonus opportunities!
Free tea, coffee and Healthy snacks everyday.. what more could you ask for..
The only reason I left this company was due to a move from the West part of Canada back to my home town on the East Coast ..
Enjoyable work play, with much more to offer
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 20, 2015
Call Center environment, fun, friendly, loved coming to work and seeing long time co workers and staff. There were many sales incentives that made the job more enjoyable.The hardest part of that job was last few months of working at Shaw, know our last few months were coming to an end.
IT
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 8, 2015
Great Company. Fun place to work at. Very supportive management.
Every day its a new challenge. Very friendly envoirnment.
lots to learn
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), albertaJuly 29, 2015
it was long time ago but i can remember working and going through training program and learning new things everyday.how to deal with different situations and keeping a good relation between customer and business.
Productive and fun place to work
Service Call Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Lots of free lunches and great benefits
Cons: A lot of the tools would stop working
I enjoyed coming to work because of my fellow employees.
We very much became a family while working there. It made me really sad that there was a decision to close down customer service and tech support in our area. I am really happy that Shaw had given the opportunity to move a lot of the employees, who could, to another location.
A typical work day started with quick socialization with my co-workers before checking my emails and starting my work. With what I did I had a lot of flexibility with how I completed my tasks.
I learned a lot about the infrastructure, and how to fix the devices.
The management was great, from with who I had the opportunity to be under. Although there were a few that my co-workers had worked with that had a complained about their managers unfairness.
The hardest part of my job was when I couldn't fix a customer's issue and had to book for a service tech, or not cancel the tech from going. But the most frustrating part was when I found area issues and it took a long time for the back end team to verify the issue, and it would go on for weeks.
The most enjoyable part of my job was when I met my goals and being with my co-works.
Family run organization, dynamic company, interesting industry
Manager Billing & Enterprise Applications (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 10, 2015
Definitely a company still heavily influenced by the Shaw family and their culture. This is neither a good nor a bad thing but something to be aware of. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the work I did.
Great and ever growing company
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Chances for career advancement, excellent management training.
Cons: Long commute from suburbs
Shaw promote's from within, so if you're willing to understand your role and work hard, great chances for advancement. They also have an excellent management training program

Only con for me - main head office/call center is located in downtown Vancouver so makes for quite the daily trek.