Shaw Communications

Shaw Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 20, 2016
The people and the environment at Shaw Communications was an amazing place to work. If you live nearby or can handle the commute into Vancouver every day then I would recommend it to anyone that can. Working with everyone there it feels like a family. The hardest part of the job is talking to your customer but when you hear the smile in the customers voice after you have done your best to resolve their issues, it makes it all worth it.
Pros
Pot lucks!!!
Cons
it can be stressful
A great work environment
Technical Support Representative (TSR) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
People are friendly and the supervisors/management are supportive. You are given stock options and other monetary benefits that can grow several thousands in a couple of years. You also enjoy multi-level health and medical benefits. There is also an annual wellness program that entitles you to as much as extra $1,000 that you can use to buy a new laptop or any gadget, enroll in any fitness program, or use for your kids' sports training program.
Pros
more benefits
Cons
can be very demanding at times
good place to work at
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 20, 2016
i starts my day taking billing,sales calls helping customer.
have lunch at my desk.
attend training sessions and if any changes in the company.

working in a team of 15 members however Shaw has 21 floors of different team .

Hardest part when customer comes with homework of companis and services comparison between telus and shaw, and then make them understand and convince them for Shaw.

enjoyable part is the tower we r working at awesome view 8th floor,
doing pizza parties and all.
Management is awesome getting all kind of support from each individual.
Pros
commission
Cons
fun to talk to people on the phone and made awesome commission top ups!
Customer Service Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
A typical day at work varies, however the nature of job is repetitive. I learned plenty of effective communication skills, working independently and with a team. The higher management was not so great, but some of my supervisors were just amazing! they always provided me with great feedbacks and future learning opportunities. My co-workers were mostly students, I get along with almost everyone. Hardest part of the job was to know detailed process of the CBS system. We often had fun activities on the weekends. work life balance was not so great. we all got laid off!!
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
no work life balance and higher management
Productive and fun place to work in.
Cust Solutions Expert. (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 20, 2016
Very long commute from my place to work. Work environment is very good and people are very friendly. You will learn to work in sync with other people as a team. Hardest part of the job is sometimes, sales are very hard come by. Other than that, if you manage to hit your target, the reward will be worth it.
Pros
Very good commissions.
Cons
Sales quota sometimes can be hard to achieve.
Awesome place to work, great cafeteria, great views of surroundings.
Customer Service/Sales/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 8, 2016
My most favorite place to work. The environment is very friendly and professional. Our cubicles were very warm feeling. We had our two screens at the computer as long as tvs to keep us from falling asleep. Food for breaks are everywhere around the building.
overall great place to work, and start a career for a young person out of school
technical support rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 21, 2015
this is a great company to work for. they are very focussed on the clients and giving the best overall customer services.

employees share in the success of the company aswell by getting a bonus if performance is good for the year.

benefits are great and rival some of the top companies in canada.

work enviroment changes due to management or new procedures however usually its very fun and lite hearted .
Grind it out
Business Sales Consultant, Wifi Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Multiple departments compete for internet sales in a company that seems to be continually evolving. People there are incredibly loyal and hard working. Management plays favourites to those who perform well of course.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Compensation not quite high enough
Fun environment, but stiff management.
Technical Support Representative. (Current Employee) –  14 Fultz Boulevard, Winnipeg Manitoba, CanadaNovember 24, 2015
Great work environment. Everyone was very welcoming, and was able to answer any question I could throw at them. Although, when it came down to brass tacks, it seemed like they didn't know how to manage anything, especially when it came down to supervisors. For example, Supervisor A will say that you get three write-ups, then you're done. Supervisor B, will say you get one verbal warning, one write-up, then you're done. All supervisors are completely different and some are a LOT more strict than others.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay, promote from inside the company.
Cons
No definitive values, training is sloppy.
Not ideal place to grow as an ethical professional
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
If ethics are important to you and want to strive to do what's best, this might not be the best place to work at.

It is however a good place to learn how to be resourceful and learn to deal with people who have worked there for ages and love status quo.
The work/life balance has been declining recently.
eCare Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCNovember 14, 2015
We recently went through some scheduling changes and there have been very large meetings about Work.Life balance and what would work best for scheduling. We just got introduced to a new schedule system and it is even worse for Work/Life Balance :( It's almost impossible to plan for anything.
Pros
Benefits, the Staff, wage, vacation and stat days
Cons
Scheduling. It should be performance based, or even lifestyle based. I am a mother of 2 kids under age 9, when I get scheduling 2:30pm-10:30pm - I literally never see them awake.
Overall impression
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 25, 2015
The company nurtures a sense of family and unity. Supervisors, managers and representatives collaborate the most possible to the benefit of the reputation of the company.
Pros
Occasional events, parties and seasonal gatherings
Cons
Repetitive pattern of calls and problems makes the job monotonous
Poor Training
sales representative (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaNovember 11, 2015
When I started as a sales rep, the company couldn't provide me the proper training to do my job. I had to learn as I went on with my shifts. I had to call other Shaw locations, or email them back and forth on how to do certain things which embarrassed me. I think I could've gotten more sales if I had started from A to Z with the training, instead of it being given to me as I struggled by myself.
Pros
Good commission, hours
Cons
Poor communication when it came to training.
free hot chocolate
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 22, 2016
nice place to work ,my position as a customer service representative,was to provide a good service to shaw customers,help them to make a payment arrangement if they are late with theire bills.also making changes to the program they may have.
Exciting fast paced environment with a fun atmosphere
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Was accountable for answering calls from new and existing customers, with a focus on technical support and promoting the features at shaw.
Management rewarded hard work and engagement
Open enviroment to grow your carrer
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Develop the sales and service skills of a team of representatives dedicated to the delivery of World Class Customer Service
Oversee performance management process for team (i.e.. coaching, performance reviews, disciplinary actions)
Provide ongoing support to direct report team members including: coaching, performance reviews, schedule and vacation requests, compensation/ incentive conversations, and performance management
Coaching includes regular observations and feedback on behaviors, results, and career development. Performance management includes providing clarity around exceptions and timely appropriate follow up on consequences both positive and corrective in nature
Achieve monthly team sales and upgrade targets
Develop, deploy and manage sales and service incentive programs
Prepare detailed reports on various key performance indicators and recommends strategies to close gaps
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Job stability
Technical operation representitive (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCMarch 31, 2016
It was a pleasure working in an environment that encourage you to learn more in order to have a better career. With friendly staff and rich culture.
Pros
Very organized, good future planning
Cons
not that I know of.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Usually busy days with calls coming in regarding queries for products and services and other aspects related to shaw services. Handling customers problems and resolving in an efficient way
Great for honing in on special areas which are fcused on a daily basis
CSR Billing Rep (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 19, 2015
Great for honing in on special areas which are focused on a daily basis.
The people make going to work a pleasant experience and the supervisors are supportive and involved in the progression of the staff.
Cons
An outstanding and very successful family run Company
CLEC Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2015
I truly loved every day that I was employed with Shaw Communications and could not say one negative thing about the company. Now that I have my child though I am unable to work a full-time position and excited about a new part-time opportunity that can keep me busy and feeling fulfilled.
Pros
The most wonderful people, An outstanding company that truly values outstanding customer service, Hard work and dedication goes a long way
Cons
Very difficult to obtain a position in Calgary with most work now being done in Victoria