Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Shaw Cable
Service technician (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC23 June 2017
Shaw offers a lot of in house training to employees to help them deal with customer complaints, dealing with escalated customers, empathizing and difussing challenging situations, working well with a team and numerous other programs.

Their benefit package is amazing and one of the best in the industry.
Amazing place to work
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 June 2017
Shaw is a quality company that provides competitive wages and full medical coverage for all workers (part-time and full-time). Their work community is also very welcoming.
Pros
Great benefits, flexiable hours
good for a call centre
Customer Service Sales and Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2017
It was my first call centre job and it was actually quite nice. There was a lot of team building and good times for the employees. Something changed a year into the job where management restructured and the vibe was different. It might have changed now but we wouldn't know as they closed down the alberta call centres.
no sense of loyalty
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC15 June 2017
One of Shaw Communications' key values is Loyalty, but that only seems to go 1 way. Shaw feels no loyalty to long term staff. I was let go after 16 years with no explanation.
Benefits and pay was good, but job and work life balance was an issue.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 June 2017
Shaw was a very good place to work, but it was very difficult to get scheduled for a time that will accommodate personal life. Working in technical support is basic phone call customer service, but focusing on best value best experience, you will learn most of the job through hands-on and not so much in training class. Workplace culture goal is to be fun and engaged but it's hard to recognize that for there are very little times you can have off phones. The hardest part of the job is trying to balance your KPI in all aspect but the most enjoyable part is meeting the people there.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No time for personal life
Good company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 June 2017
I worked at Shaw Cable for 10 years, in multiple departments. There is room for growth and development. Great benefits package, work hours and co-workers.
Would go back in a heart beat
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2017
This company appreciates hard work, are open and the best people I've had the pleasure of working with. I would go back in a heartbeat if given the opportunity
A perfect environment to work.
Customer Solution Expert (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 June 2017
The management is very positive and supportive. It's a great place to work when you have a family. Fun place to work and plenty of opportunity for those willing to learn and put in the time.
Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 June 2017
This is a job I would highly recommend, everyone is very supportive and there to help. Benefits are awesome, better then the ones I've seen from other jobs. Highly recommend!
Cons
no cons
poor pay, poor training, poor management
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2017
under paid for work required, training was terrible at best. Management was clueless and there was no room for advancement.
Employee turnover was extremely high.
Got out as soon as I had a better opportunity.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Fast-paced industry, fun workplace and great culture
eCare Customer Advisor - Sales & Billing (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 June 2017
As a Customer Advisor for more than 5 years of experience, I have consistently offered the highest level of customer service working at the Call Centre. My daily routines consist of responding to emails, chats and taking calls when resolving a customer's inquiry while promoting our products in a professional manner.

As a fast-paced industry, one of the hardest thing of the job is trying to keep up with the on-going changes. Staff are trained to ensure that we are up-to-date with our products to ensure that we are comfortable with offering services that caters to our customer's needs.

The workplace culture is great here at the call centre as you get to interact with a variety of people with different strengths that they have to offer. The best thing about working here is that you build relationships with great people who genuinely wish to see you succeed.

The management team are supportive and they really do wish to see progress in the company. My career development has definitely improved over the years where my work ethics have allowed me to succeed in my role.
Pros
Great culture, good benefits, prize incentives, potluck, annual Christmas parties
Cons
Shift work
good benefits, bad managers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 June 2017
managers approving strange behaviour, the turnover rate was ridiculous. not one person I had known had been there more than 1 year. no one really cares about how good with customer service you are, the most abrasive and pushy individuals were praised.
Great Upper Management
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2017
Upper management is always communicating with the employees to let them know a high level overview of the company's direction. Excellent learning opportunities.
Pros
Great Benefits.
Large Company but cares about the individuals
Senior Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC1 June 2017
Shaw cares a lot about you and your family, great place to work. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement, lots of help with any aspects of the job, good benefits.
Large group fired before benefits kick in
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 May 2017
Had friends fired right before their benefits kick in, still in training time. Pay is below min. wage, and they try to sell you tons of products to sign up for, for "employee discount" only to resume full charges after terminating you.

Shaw tech warned me before I started, the job is a revolving door of employees.
Balanced Work Environment
Workplace Strategy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB - DT Head Office30 May 2017
Very nice building in Calgary, the wages are competitive. There are advancement opportunities, at least in corporate positions. Very good benefits and management is wonderful. Highly recommend working at Shaw in any one of there beautiful facilities.
Pros
Cafe in house
Cons
N/a
Friendly and helpful peers and management, great incentives, great view and location.
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 May 2017
Great pay and fantastic work environment.
Supportive staff and always willing to help.
Very structured but sometimes the management can be a little strict. Fair compensation as compared to similar other companies. Everyone is given the chance to succeed;even if performance is not adequate your leader will let you know what needs to be improved on.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, happy Tuesday meals
Cons
No fixed schedule
Not a great place to work
Installer Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 May 2017
Very low employee morale and supervisors and managers seem to change like the wind.Very two faced working environment lots of backtalk.High employee turn arround.
great place to work. watch out though...
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2017
best place ive ever worked so far in my life. great policy's meant to protect you, great culture, great workplaces. they have kitchens and higher ups regularly supply donuts, coffe, all kinds of food ect. however in winter of 2015 over 1500 of us were informed that the company wanted to restructure and we were all laid off. i got fired for a bad call that happened. 2 days after being told we were being laid off. sure enough within a week i was fired for doing my job. conveniently before my severance was due. alot of people lost their jobs for what would have been no big deal reasons. alot of people got fired for "company policy infringement" no explanation. alot of us got together and talked about suing but it never happened. the thing that really makes it a bad situation is that for years shaw had maintained the position within the company that we didnt want to get into the mobile market due to costs. and sure enough after the dust is settled and we all are out of a job shaw miraculously buys wind mobile. make of all this whatever you want. im just saying an unusually high amount of us got fired before the severance was due. i stand by my position that this was a great place to work. but i wouldn't trust them in any future endeavors.
Pros
great workplace, great leadership, work culture is the best, great starting wages
Cons
suddenly get informed of being laid off, then fired shortly after in extremely sketchy circumstances, or just fired with no real explanation given, as many cowerkers claimed
good benefits
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 May 2017
the company provides a good benefits plan for its employees (including dental). there is the ability to modify the plan for each person's needs ( to a point ).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval