Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Great Benefits
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 March 2017
Great pay and benefits, no room for growth - unless you're best friends with a supervisor. Shift work hours which alternate weekly; meaning 7 am start one week, when the week before you are working 3 pm to 11 pm
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Overwhelming work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2017
It was a good place to work. There are sales targets that are expected of you and you are required to hit them. they do make training and help available to you if you are struggling with it. The commission is a nice way to top up your wage.
Great Employer
National SOHO Sales Support Shaw Business (Current Employee) –  Vancouver BC, Canada22 March 2017
My day involves many different things, no day is the same. I provide support to 30 sales reps, this includes but not limited to training, coaching's and questions (for Salesforce, products, process). Also, I work on side projects on how we can improve process to help our sales reps day to day life here, so they can focus on sales. I need to make sure that I stay up to date with current promos, products and processes as well. The most enjoyable part of the job, is being able to help people and be part of their success. The hardest part would be to find sponsors for project approvals.
Pros
Helping others, mentoring reps
Cons
Nothing that I can think of, off the top of my head
Free Coffee, Table tennis, commissions
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 March 2017
-Answer calls
-Help customer with services and products
-Nice people to work with
Hardest part of the job:not being able to leave desk and walk around
Pros
Great training program and free coffee, tea
Cons
Long hours, constant fast pressure paced work
Be careful
Costumer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Uptown13 March 2017
I got a job for them and the last day of my probation period they let me go. i was back from a surgery and i had complications. They kicked me out without any notice.
it was way better 10 years ago or before jr handed over the reigns.
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC3 March 2017
shaw has no problem in mistreating its employees but they do have an excellent pay rate/ pay raises and benefits. The customers are great, just the management leaves a bit to be desired. the work itself is easy.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2017
I enjoyed working there. The staff is really friendly easy to get along with. I loved that there were lots of room for growth within in the company, you can make your way up.
very bad scheduling
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 February 2017
Very poor work life balance due to very bad scheduling. No job secirity due to weekly sometimes daily firings. Extreme employee turnover rate. They hired supervisors from outside the company no on th job experience.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor salary and scheduling
Working in dynamic environment
Governance Analyst - Information Management (ECM) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
My company has a lot of great opportunities for carrier advancement and learning. Flexible working hours are great for employees with families. The company is dynamically growing which creates a lot of space for employees' personal development.
Goodplace to work
Sr. QA Analyst/ Mobile QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2017
I learnt a lot while working for Shaw and they were very innovative at the same time very fun company to work at. I would totally recommend anyone to work a SHAW Communications
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
cant think of any
Politics is a major issue
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
Managers pretend to listen to you without actually actioning your concerns. Environment is highly political, and generally accountability is pushed down the chain instead of up.
Pros
Federal Holidays
Cons
Too many managers
One of the best Companies to work
Sales Consultant ( Telecom, Business and Consumer) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2017
It is one of the best place to work in Western Canada. Shaw takes care of its employees. Great work culture and family atmosphere. .
There isn't much room to progress there
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2017
It is an acceptable work place in overall but if you want to progress most of the ways are block.

balance between job and life is acceptable.

Salary and benefits are not bad.

Job Security is same as other companies in Canada but maybe above of average, it depends.

Management is different, department by department.

Job culture isn't acceptable. your efficiency and your skill doesn't have any role in your success. you should only know how to present and exaggerate about yourself
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 February 2017
a typical day you would come in for your shift 10-15 mintes early and log in and set up all your tools for the day. Next you would start taking calls. Calls would always put customer needs first and look at what you can do to solve their problems and suggest improvements and opportunity to upgrade their account if applicable. There was always help if you needed right around the corner, we would also have bbq's and some random things going on to create incentive. the most enjoyable part of the job would be finding that right package for the customer and informing them on things they didn't even know they existed. The hardest part of the job would be de-escalating customers that were irate. Overall a great place to work!
Large corporation run like a family owned business
Learning Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
Working with Shaw was great. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. They care about their employees. There were a few times, near the end of my tenure there, that they were starting to make changes that would impact they way Shaw was run and not necessarily for the better
Sad to leave
Field Support Administration, (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2017
Shaw was the best company I ever worked for. In the future, I hope to get a similarly enjoyable position in the future. If not for the company wide restructuring which led me on a new path, I may still be working there!
good company
Programmer Analysist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
Great company to start with, balanced work environment, nice benefits for employees, nice people and reasonable overtime pay
Fun filled enviroment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
This was a job that was fun filled but had alot of pressure to keep up your sales. it was very easy to get down on yourself when you were not keeping your sales up.
Many excellent co-workers.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Technician16 January 2017
Great company. Customer satisfaction is very important. Ongoing learning with addition of new technology. Safety is always an important part of the daily routine.
Great place to work, amazing people. Diverse Culture, awesome atmosphere. very relaxing and enjoyable place.
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2017
Great place to work, amazing people. Diverse Culture, awesome atmosphere. very relaxing work hours and enjoyable place.
Pros
great games area. lots of culture, flexible hours.
Cons
fast pace environment.