Shaw Communications

Shaw Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

A great work environment
Technical Support Representative (TSR) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
People are friendly and the supervisors/management are supportive. You are given stock options and other monetary benefits that can grow several thousands in a couple of years. You also enjoy multi-level health and medical benefits. There is also an annual wellness program that entitles you to as much as extra $1,000 that you can use to buy a new laptop or any gadget, enroll in any fitness program, or use for your kids' sports training program.
Pros
more benefits
Cons
can be very demanding at times
Amazing
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 20, 2016
The people and the environment at Shaw Communications was an amazing place to work. If you live nearby or can handle the commute into Vancouver every day then I would recommend it to anyone that can. Working with everyone there it feels like a family. The hardest part of the job is talking to your customer but when you hear the smile in the customers voice after you have done your best to resolve their issues, it makes it all worth it.
Pros
Pot lucks!!!
Cons
it can be stressful
Fun place to work and good job/work life balance
Intermediate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
Overall Shaw Communication is a good place to work.

As an Accounting professional you must learn to stay current with new technologies.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the good team environment and comprehensive benefits that Shaw provides such as stock options and employee share plan.
Pros
7.5 working hours and earned day per quarter
Cons
Accounting software need updating
good place to work at
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 20, 2016
i starts my day taking billing,sales calls helping customer.
have lunch at my desk.
attend training sessions and if any changes in the company.

working in a team of 15 members however Shaw has 21 floors of different team .

Hardest part when customer comes with homework of companis and services comparison between telus and shaw, and then make them understand and convince them for Shaw.

enjoyable part is the tower we r working at awesome view 8th floor,
doing pizza parties and all.
Management is awesome getting all kind of support from each individual.
Pros
commission
Cons
fun to talk to people on the phone and made awesome commission top ups!
Customer Service Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
A typical day at work varies, however the nature of job is repetitive. I learned plenty of effective communication skills, working independently and with a team. The higher management was not so great, but some of my supervisors were just amazing! they always provided me with great feedbacks and future learning opportunities. My co-workers were mostly students, I get along with almost everyone. Hardest part of the job was to know detailed process of the CBS system. We often had fun activities on the weekends. work life balance was not so great. we all got laid off!!
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
no work life balance and higher management
A company full of opportunities
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Sky is the limit at Shaw Communications. We know of many individuals that started from the bottom and worked themselves all the way to the top positions in the company. Hard work will be able to get you any where in the company. The environment is diverse and full of talented people. A great place to work and a promising industry.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Can't think of any
fun workplace
bandwidth management team (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Love the job and the company. I would of stayed at my job and not given a choice to relocate but I have a girlfriend and all of my family is here and that means more to me. I did appreciate everything Shaw has done for me and they did offer me my job to relocate which i respected. I hope i can grow within the company as i did with them.
Pros
great work place
Cons
some negative employees
enjoyable and interesting job with a great atmosphere
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMay 4, 2016
overall Shaw TSR was a great job with a rewarding future, but the corporate way is very much something to get used to as the positions are always subject to "reorganization".
Pros
70% of customer interaction, fun incentives and people to work with
Cons
Never feeling as though you have job security, regardless of time with company.
Productive and fun place to work in.
Cust Solutions Expert. (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 20, 2016
Very long commute from my place to work. Work environment is very good and people are very friendly. You will learn to work in sync with other people as a team. Hardest part of the job is sometimes, sales are very hard come by. Other than that, if you manage to hit your target, the reward will be worth it.
Pros
Very good commissions.
Cons
Sales quota sometimes can be hard to achieve.
Productive environment with friendly co-workers.
Technical support representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2016
-Handled over 100 calls per day
-Gained knowledge about Internet, cable and phone servises
-Fixed all technical issues
-Made sales
-Relaxed environment
-Good Mangement
-Had to deal with rude costumers over the phones
-Best part of the job reqires helping costumers
Pros
free snacks, bonus
Awesome place to work, great cafeteria, great views of surroundings.
Customer Service/Sales/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 8, 2016
My most favorite place to work. The environment is very friendly and professional. Our cubicles were very warm feeling. We had our two screens at the computer as long as tvs to keep us from falling asleep. Food for breaks are everywhere around the building.
Grind it out
Business Sales Consultant, Wifi Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Multiple departments compete for internet sales in a company that seems to be continually evolving. People there are incredibly loyal and hard working. Management plays favourites to those who perform well of course.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Compensation not quite high enough
overall great place to work, and start a career for a young person out of school
technical support rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 21, 2015
this is a great company to work for. they are very focussed on the clients and giving the best overall customer services.

employees share in the success of the company aswell by getting a bonus if performance is good for the year.

benefits are great and rival some of the top companies in canada.

work enviroment changes due to management or new procedures however usually its very fun and lite hearted .
free hot chocolate
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 22, 2016
nice place to work ,my position as a customer service representative,was to provide a good service to shaw customers,help them to make a payment arrangement if they are late with theire bills.also making changes to the program they may have.
The best wok environment
Executive Assistant to the Vice President (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
Working at Shaw is like working in a family business, you feel that everyone cares for each other and teamwork can be observed everywhere. The office is very conducive and makes employees productive.
benefits
Cons
Not ideal place to grow as an ethical professional
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
If ethics are important to you and want to strive to do what's best, this might not be the best place to work at.

It is however a good place to learn how to be resourceful and learn to deal with people who have worked there for ages and love status quo.
Fun environment, but stiff management.
Technical Support Representative. (Current Employee) –  14 Fultz Boulevard, Winnipeg Manitoba, CanadaNovember 24, 2015
Great work environment. Everyone was very welcoming, and was able to answer any question I could throw at them. Although, when it came down to brass tacks, it seemed like they didn't know how to manage anything, especially when it came down to supervisors. For example, Supervisor A will say that you get three write-ups, then you're done. Supervisor B, will say you get one verbal warning, one write-up, then you're done. All supervisors are completely different and some are a LOT more strict than others.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay, promote from inside the company.
Cons
No definitive values, training is sloppy.
Overall impression
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 25, 2015
The company nurtures a sense of family and unity. Supervisors, managers and representatives collaborate the most possible to the benefit of the reputation of the company.
Pros
Occasional events, parties and seasonal gatherings
Cons
Repetitive pattern of calls and problems makes the job monotonous
The work/life balance has been declining recently.
eCare Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCNovember 14, 2015
We recently went through some scheduling changes and there have been very large meetings about Work.Life balance and what would work best for scheduling. We just got introduced to a new schedule system and it is even worse for Work/Life Balance :( It's almost impossible to plan for anything.
Pros
Benefits, the Staff, wage, vacation and stat days
Cons
Scheduling. It should be performance based, or even lifestyle based. I am a mother of 2 kids under age 9, when I get scheduling 2:30pm-10:30pm - I literally never see them awake.
Poor Training
sales representative (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaNovember 11, 2015
When I started as a sales rep, the company couldn't provide me the proper training to do my job. I had to learn as I went on with my shifts. I had to call other Shaw locations, or email them back and forth on how to do certain things which embarrassed me. I think I could've gotten more sales if I had started from A to Z with the training, instead of it being given to me as I struggled by myself.
Pros
Good commission, hours
Cons
Poor communication when it came to training.