Shaw Communications

Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Terrible
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCSeptember 24, 2016
Cherry picked staff -/ supervisors even say they wouldn't want to do the customer advisor role... better be ready to eat sleep and poo shaw working in a militant environment with management in cliques ,
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Everything else
Great Place to work
In Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKSeptember 21, 2016
I loved this job/career. I was always busy helping customers, paper work, helping other co workers. The team environment is great and the management was even better. I felt proud working for Shaw.
Pros
Commision
Cons
wacky hours
Excellent organization to be associated with.
Customer Service/Technical Support Representitive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 8, 2016
Overall an excellent organization to be with. Good supervisory guidance and support. Co-workers co-operative and concerned with providing client support. They have good training program for new employees as well as training for upgrading your skills as you progress. Company provides a comprehensive benefits package of services, health and medical. They are also is very active in the community and national charities. The management organization is supportive and in very interested in ensuring an excellent service for their clients and investors as well as ensuring employee are knowledgeable of the direction the company is going.
Pros
Excellent trainning and benefits
Cons
Shift hours
Friendly and Fun
SALES / MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Scurfield, WinnipegAugust 29, 2016
Excellent corporation. Good ethnic diversity found within corporate structure.

Replace home phone service with cellular option.

Replace cable service with streaming service.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
Antiquated Services
good
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 24, 2016
good work environment. coworker are nice and manager as well. Most of the managers are supportive and help to grow your career. But pay is way less and company spend more money for their outlook not for employee. Benefit is excellent
Horrible corperate culture
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCAugust 23, 2016
just a horrible place to work.

Friends get promoted, while hard working employees hitting their goals get bypassed.

Run away as fast you can
benefits
Cons
hours, environment, pay, management, only 30 cents in raises in 3 years
good salary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 17, 2016
The job was great, as I enjoy dealing with customers, but management were actually a detriment to productivity. Most of the day was spent solving customers inquiries such as adding or removing service, solving billing issues.
Pros
salary was great
Cons
scheduling
A great working environment with continuous learning opportunities
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 16, 2016
Shaw provides an excellent working environment with a very rare balance between fun and work. I always feel like I am learning new things on a daily basis. The management actively encourages making the company a culturally diverse one, and delegates substantial authority to each employee to contribute with their own knowledge and strengths in their individual roles. One of the best things I recognize within Shaw is that there is substantial growth opportunity within the organization.
Certainly not the best job I ever had.
Bandwidth Management Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2016
Although we were promised lots of internal promotion opportunities, it was definitely a "who you know" environment. I was stuck in the call center, regardless of the past experience I possess in many different areas of leadership and dispatch, in spite of applying for new positions on a regular basis. If you aren't a butt kisser, you won't get anywhere.
Best Company to work with
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 9, 2016
Shaw is one of the best company to work with, they takes care of the employe plus the benefits are so good. Co- Workers are very good, always ready to help each other.
Pros
Good Work environment, Amazing Benefits, Scope for growth
Cons
Can't find any
Fun place to work
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 5, 2016
Fun place to work,call centre has many opportunities to earn more money via commission

Management are approachable
and the co-workers are friendly
Pros
Commissions
Cons
Some Managers play favorites
Great work/lifestyle balance
Business Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2016
Prospecting
Building relationships
Closing deals
Great management
Great group of people to work with, not only in my department, but in all departments, as well.
Great Collaberative Team Environment
SPECIALIST SPONSORSHIPS AND EVENTS (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2016
I thouroughly enjoyed working with my team within the Corporate office of Calgary. I had the best of both worlds and while I was located in Vancouver, I worked with the Corporate team out of Calgary. Everybody I worked with worked very hard and were passionate about their role within Shaw. It made me work that much harder knowing that my team was working as hard as I was for a common goal. I will very much miss my colleagues at Shaw and know that it will be hard to replace such a fantastic working environment.
Pros
Flexibility. Management valued your ideas and opinions.
Cons
Too many layoffs. (I was one of the people downsized after three rounds of cutbacks).
Poor Management
field (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 20, 2016
Managers have meetings all the time but they sure don't have a clue what each other are doing. If you kiss a---, you'll get ahead in this company but if you work, nobody will notice you because managers don't do their jobs.
Pros
A great place to work if you don't like working. Easy to hide out from work
Cons
Poor managers
Productive and fun workplace
In Home Solutions Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  240 Hunter Rd, Kelowna BCJuly 14, 2016
Good company to work for. They look after their employees. Strong sales initiative with a youthful and vibrant culture that is strongly developing.
work review
Customer Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 11, 2016
Fast-paced, required multi-tasking, which I had no problem with>learned what it required to speak with so many different types of people, and that it helped to adapt to them, relate to them.
Co-workers were kind, it was a joy to see them everyday.
the hardest part was probably getting reviewed by a customer in surveys, & really not knowing what was going to be said, they could give a bad review on your call if they were upset about the company in general, or an interaction with someone else entirely, that had nothing to do with you.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to speak with different/new customers everyday.
Pros
great benefits, co-workers were kind, loved the job
Cons
schedule fluctuated spontaneously/affected my health
Fun atmosphere, stressful evironment
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 5, 2016
A typical day at Shaw as a CSE is pretty stressful. Targets aren't attainable unless you're making sales the wrong way and if you're not reaching targets your hours are cut and you're at risk of being fired, BUT if you're making sales the WRONG way you get in trouble/written up too. It's really hard to do well.
trials and tribulations
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 29, 2016
helping customers with their cable related problems-including billing and outtages. Helping other teams out when they needed extra help.
Pros
some good employees
Cons
long hours, not much advancement, no values, no communication
Comfortable
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
It was a very comfortable work environment; well air conditioned with flat screen tvs mounted throughout the office. You'd think that your back would hurt after sitting for 7 hours, but the chairs shaw had were excellent.
Pros
Decent salary plus commission
Cons
Hectic work schedule.
Busy call center with fun incentives and great people
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 9, 2016
A day at Shaw begins with a strict start time, being there early was a must to ensure you were all ready to go when your sign in time started. I will always prepare by opening up all necessary programs and resources before the first call. Check and reply to all unopened emails, review any changes to promotions or products, and make sure all my sales have been properly tracked.

All calls vary from new customer installations, technical issues, billing questions, and overall general questions on the products and services. Necessary transfers did apply.

I learned many different things in regards to the telecommunication industry and broadened my knowledge on how to discover, relate, resolve, and conclude options for customers in a sales environment.

Management is very involved with their employees, with regular call coaching and performance reviews, our supervisors are always encouraging us to find ways to learn or better our skills, Overall management is always there when in need of help.

Co-workers are always very welcoming and kind. All sales consultants when working spend most of their time taking calls as it is an extremely busy call center, and only did socialize during breaks. We merely do not have the time.

Hardest part of the job I find is learning the system, all the products, and especially learning how the services worked.
At the beginning it was a lot of different things to digest, Once comfortable with that, it was explaining it to a customer in a way that they would understand.

As I am a outgoing social butterfly, most enjoyable part for me would
  more... definitely be talking to the different customers on the phone. The pleasurable conversations and stories I have from so many different people always keep things exciting. You never know who your going to get. Its like a box of chocolates.  less