Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Many excellent co-workers.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Technician16 January 2017
Great company. Customer satisfaction is very important. Ongoing learning with addition of new technology. Safety is always an important part of the daily routine.
Great place to work, amazing people. Diverse Culture, awesome atmosphere. very relaxing and enjoyable place.
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2017
Great place to work, amazing people. Diverse Culture, awesome atmosphere. very relaxing work hours and enjoyable place.
Pros
great games area. lots of culture, flexible hours.
Cons
fast pace environment.
Table Tennis in the break room, frequent employee get togethers
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2017
Shaw communications was a company that kept itself deeply rooted into the community as well as the corporate. They allowed for great life work livability.
Good working environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 January 2017
A typical work day would involve helping clients manage their accounts.

I learned data handling skills during my time at this job.

Management was fair and were approachable

The hardest part of the job was being eligible for advancement from within.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the colleagues in the same position.
stay away
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
Rude managers and tattle tale supervisors
Place sucks. stay away from here. They laways expect you to come earlier than your time and your never really paid
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 January 2017
-Answering phone calls and email and sell product and services.

-How to make sales.

-The hardest part was to convince the customer that we have the best service in town and they should consider having it to make their life easy.

-The most enjoyable part was when I make a sales I get price and commission.
Pros
Free Lunch
Shaw
Customer Care / Technical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 January 2017
Currently a leader at Shaw Communications.I love the role and it is quite engaging. I like the team atmosphere and the autonomy I have in creating my day and how I lead my team. There has been great support from management in my role in each location I have been in. I would recommend Shaw for anyone that has a positive outlook and who loves in dealing with people all day.
Pros
People, Environment and Educational Opportunities
Cons
Hard to keep people in entry level due to schedules and pay.
Summary
Loyalty Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 January 2017
A great place to work,
flexible hours
Great environment to work
Amazing Team! Supportive and always willing to help others move on up!
was fun
Camera Operator (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC8 January 2017
worked out of school but assisted in filming school events, filmed rodeos at local town events.was the only camera man for the host/editor. worked as volunteer
Shaw is a mediocre place to work
Technical Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC5 January 2017
At the beginning, they were very kind to their employees. Towards the end, I felt like they really didn't care too much about their employees. They were reluctant to get along with their employees or do anything to increase company morale. This led to a high turnover rate in the call center and general unhappiness in the work place.
Pros
Piece work
Cons
Low Morale
fun work pace with great people
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 January 2017
-get to the office at 8am
-get to my cubicle section and set up my work station.
- i have learned that time management is a huge key in your work schedule.
-co workers were nice but sometimes got me sidetracked with so many questions about what they had to do. I was the more experience rep at Shaw so i had to always help everyone else.
-It was hard to make sales because Shaw footprint in winnipeg for businesses isn't that strong. So you would have to hunt really hard to make sales. I did well and i was the youngest consultant for the company in the country.
-I really enjoyed working from home. i could work from home or the office but then management changed and then i have to come into the office more often.
- i am very self motivated so i do great job working from my home office.
Pros
team lunches
Cons
was very hard to make sales and worked over 15 hours a day
Productive and fun work place
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 January 2017
There is always a room to learn new things. It is never boring. Communication with clients, colleagues and management is key. It has helped in the innovation of new ideas which results to customer satisfaction, the attainment of goals for the company and employees.
fun and pays well but not secure
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 January 2017
fun fast paced place to work however advancement and security is worth being concerned over. sales is very much a "boys club"
with upper management and middle management being a close group of friends. without this in, advancement is ops are slim to nil
Customer focused
CSR, Senior Sales Respresentative/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 December 2016
Gained a wealth of experience and knowledge in Sales and creating an exceptional customer experience. I was happy to have worked here.
Pros
ability to earn commission
Cons
shift rotations (early mornings/late nights) hard for work/life balance
Camera Work
Television Camera Operator (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON23 December 2016
Everybody is up and ready to be on a crew call for a ceratin time and while we are working we are expected to be on top of the important people and what they can do and what they can achieve.

During my volunteer work I've learned how to work with standard quality cameras and learn how to edit what I've produced.

The Co-workers; the people that taught me, are very adequately helpful people, trustworthy, and very inspiring.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that just getting on set and getting ready to do just be creative and try to inspire others that might be in that field of interest.
Pros
Getting to know my community and helping promte it, Volunteer hours that could help lead to an established position, and free lunches.
Cons
Technical difficulties.
Good working environment and friendly co-worker
Test Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 December 2016
You have good opportunities to work with good and friendly people at Shaw which is diversified to many functional teams. Also you can learn new technologies / product as I tested
Get ready to learn a lot
CSR, Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 December 2016
you will learn a lot of skills here and gain some great knowledge and experience. You have uncapped earning potential with commissions and incentives!
Pros
friendly atmosphere and great earning potential
Cons
short lunches and shift work
Incredible.
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 December 2016
After years of searching for employment that not only emotionally charged me but provided me with stability, starting at shaw was a breath of fresh air. The managers are constantly helping you and making sure you're on track, but they're not pushy, they genuinely enjoy you as a person and want to make sure you're performing to the best of your ability. The training was top notch, I left the 4 weeks of dedicated training with all the knowledge I required to do the job well, and monthly refreshers make all the difference. The benefits are amazing, and the pay is off the charts, especially in this economy. I could not have a better thing to say about this company.
Awesome place with play area's
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 December 2016
It was an amazing place to work. Management was friendly and help was always available. Great pay, and the more things you could upsell or change, the greater your pay was.

Only thing they were stringent about was the being late policy, which is understandable but given how Translink sucks and constantly breaks down, they should have been lenient.
my general day
service repair tech (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC9 December 2016
my job was to help customer with there products and repair there services and to sell product,

also to coordinate and over see projects and complete with in time lines