Shaw Communications Employee Reviews

Supportive leadership
Customer care Representative, Shaw Direct / Cable (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2017
Ongoing training on an individual basis , provide materials to complete the task easily, mentorship for personal development. Good benefits. Free parking facility etc.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
low pay
fun people to work with if you like bureaucracy
Technical support representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 December 2017
The people I worked with were amazing people. it seemed as though it didn't matter how good you were at your job if you applied for a promotion. it was all about who you knew. I applied for a supervisor position and did very well in the interview. I was then told by another supervisor that they didn't even bother looking at how well I did my job because the person conducting the interview "didn't know who i was" so I didn't get the job.

the people you work with from day to day are great people. and the experience of working with customers over the phone can be very rewarding and a complete nightmare as even if you are doing exactly what your training tells you, a supervisor will say that you didn't know how to do your job and give the customer whatever they want. while this never happened to me personally many people i worked with reported a similar story to me.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
poor management
Best Job Ever!
Program Services Coordinator – Media Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2017
Though this was only a temporary position, I feel this was one of the best companies I've ever worked for. I enjoyed this position and team immensely!!
Not Much to say
Loyalty Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2017
Working for Shaw loyalty care was great. I appreciated my time there and the people. The culture and benefits was design for the employees to succeed.
great place to work if you are a student
Customer Solutions Expert (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 December 2017
Absolutely loved working for Shaw, The atmosphere was great! Advancing in the company seemed like it was a little difficult due to the fact that new rules were in place. Still i would still work there again.
Pros
never feels like work
Cons
late hours
company has great benefits
Service Technician Level (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2017
This company has great benefits for long term workers. stock options and benefits are ideal for families. can be volatile work loads at certain times of the year, if not salary this can be detrimental.
Pros
stock options
Cons
erratic work
Prominent Canadian Telecommunications Provider
CHANGE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 December 2017
A largely successful telecommunications provider in Canada. Supportive of employee development and advancement. Corporate culture is predominantly positive though lacks some individualism.
Pros
Employee development and advancement.
Cons
Wages are below industry average.
come in, do your job, and work ends after you go home.
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2017
work finishes at work. downside is since the company runs 24/7, the schedule is a challenge since most department is rotating shift based.

company overall is decent to work for.

very limited financial and income potential unless management.
once it was a great place to work........management spoiled that
Customer Service and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2017
management only communicated superficially with staff. We were continually receiving conflicting mandates and there was a culture of surveillance towards the end as they looked to reduce staff before a corporate relocation to Calgary by disciplinary firings.
Good
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC16 November 2017
Many options for work, helps if you are into technology, great perks and great benefits. Customer service is a must and it helps when you know and like the product.
Excellent company from planning to execution providing service for the calgary region
DATA AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 November 2017
Very well run company and great opportunity to advance. Job planning was very well organized and have every aspect of help when needed for ourselves as well as customers
Part time only
TSR Agent (new hire) (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC14 November 2017
Not a lot of direction in this place. Ridiculous expectations. You will get crazy hours and will not be able to keep another job so you can make your bills. No real advancement. Training is sub par.
Pros
cafeteria?
Cons
bad hours
Great company to work for
System Activation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC14 November 2017
Lots of benefits to working for Shaw. Great people, great work atmosphere, great benefit package. Of course Shaw still falls short on employee advancement, however, one could put that on the large corporate structure that involves red tape and tight budgets.
Overall - great company, great people.
Pros
great company, great people.
Shaw
Customer advisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 November 2017
good environment to work in. Company has good benefits and well to their employee's. high pace of work. Felxabile with their employees and good training
Fun environmnet
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 November 2017
Always challenging and fun to work with the collegues
Supervisors are always friendly and willing to help
Every call is a chaellenge. Never know what are you going to get.
Good pay and benefits, terrible scheduling and hours
Technical Support Agent; Tier 2 TSR specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 November 2017
It is a good company to work for. The hours for the call center make it very difficult to have a balance with work, school, and a social life. Other than that, they offer opportunity to advance within the company and in fact encourage this.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor hours
overall a really good company to work with
Business to Business Sales (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 November 2017
I had a really good experience with Shaw and the job was challenging as well as fulfilling to be apart of. The sales division is something that I was excited to be apart of and grow within.
Lots going on, but a very chaotic and disorganized organization
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2017
I enjoyed my time at Shaw and worked with an excellent team, however, I was in a role where I was less affected by the politics of the organization. This is a very demanding and disorganized company or those in a BA or PM role that does not value work life balance.
Pros
Lots of challenges and things to learn, great people
Cons
poor organization, terrible communication and work life balance
Worked in a number of sales capacities
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Shaw Cable Barlow Building1 November 2017
Grew up within this company and to this day still miss the culture. Some sales targets were rather aggressive and lacked research at times but for the most part the best company dynamic I have ever worked in my professional career.
Pros
Culture, products
Cons
Salary not as competative within the industry
Fun Place to Work
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 October 2017
Shaw is a nice to place to work, It gives you vast opportunity to learn and grow. Shaw tries best to keep the work life balance for the employees. Most enjoyable part of the job is success sharing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Communications. Our community is ready to answer.