This candidate will be responsible for the day to day operations of the manufacturing facility which includes hiring, production, staff, scheduling, delivery of raw materials, maintaining and repairing equipment when possible. Good communication skills to work with production staff.
- Oversee all aspects of the operations for 2 production facilities (cookie line and the organic bread production)
- Reduce hydro and gas costs and explain increases in consumption
- Ensure quality of products and compliance with Quality Assurance
- Team player who wants to grow with a company and is focused on ensuring success
- Conducting regular inspection and maintenance of all the machinery in the facility.
- Planning maintenance and service activities in a way that the process of production does not get hampered.
- Ensuring that the machinery and equipments are being used to full capacity and that production is optimum.
- Keeping a record of all service, maintenance and refurbishing works carried out on the machinery.
- Design and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping and orderliness
- Ensure employees are trained and follow the policies and procedures of plant HACCP/GMP program
- Provide performance management counseling and/or progressive discipline in a timely fashion when required.
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems
- Initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments
- To be flexible, capable and willing to be ‘hands on’ to perform any other technical or production-related task as the circumstances require
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of computers (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, etc.);
Superior communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated analytical organizational skills;
- Thorough knowledge of GMP’s, HACCP,OH&S and CFIA
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, possess high degree of initiative, work well under pressure;
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting capabilities
- Experience in food production and maintenance of production equipment
- The successful candidate has a passion for baking and teaching others
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in a Food/Bakery/Organic manufacturing environment;
Post secondary education in Food Sciences, Microbiology, Mechanical Engineering or other related education/experience would be an asset
- Certificate in American Institute of Baking (AIB)
Indeed - 20 months ago
We are Canada’s leading artisan bakery combining ancient techniques with innovative methods to produce nutritious, organic and natural...