SharpShooter Imaging

SharpShooter Imaging Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A churn and burn company
Venue Manager (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: not micromanaged
Cons: long hours, no job security
Should be a fun atmosphere, taking souvenir photographs.
Learned about photography.
HR is horrible.
Base pay is too low, so many co-workers have little to no experience in any type of work.
Company expects salaried employees to work WAY too much.
Can meet some interesting people from around the world.
Fun place to work.
Sales Photographer (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 17, 2015
Fun place to work. Great managers. Minimum wage is holding the workers back from making a decent living. Slow hours during the Winter season so there is little job security.
they had alot of slackers you would have to pick up there slack all the cared about was as long as they had a Bodie there someone will pick up there s
Photographer Shedd Aquarium (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: pressured everyday no insurance no benefits
I worked over 10 years as a photographer for sharpshooters the most I make per hour was ten dollars no benefits.corporate headquarters just looks out for the managers and themselves photographers they don't really care about all they want you to do is take photos and sell photos and that's it they don't want to pay you much I been there over 10 years but I'm glad it's over they lost all there venues in chicago they consider there photographers bottom of the barrel if you know what I mean
Souvenir Photography done right
Venue Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Pigeon Forge, TNJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great people, fun environment.
Cons: seasonal hours.
Sharpshooter Imaging is a company that provides souvenir photos to venues around the country. Your experience could vary depending on where you're hired in. I had a great management team and the company is good to its employees. You get an hourly wage and a commission off sales ( how much depends on where you work.) The job can be repetitive. You have to approach guests and entice them to take a photo. The photography aspect is very specialized so you won't be learning much about photography on the job. You do get to meet people from all over the world though. It can be a lot of fun if you enjoy interacting with people.
Great Start Up Career Company
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee), Wheat Ridge, CODecember 9, 2014
I had a decent experience with SSI. I was able to develop my professional skills and advance with the company. Believe in hiring within.
a great place to work
Licensed Photographer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 29, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: standing up for hours
My review on this was getting to meet people from across the country who came to visit the Hall of Fame
Great place to work!
Photographer/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pigeon Forge, TNOctober 27, 2014
I worked here for an after school job and I loved it. Most of the employees were my age and it was a great place to work at.
Good learning experience
Sales Photographer (Current Employee), Circle Line Pier 83October 10, 2014
A typical day working is getting to work, check my shooting times, then I would either setup a camera or help prepare photo packages or do card runs if my shooting time is not near yet. After preparing a camera I will take test shots to ensure the exposure is right, to deliver the best quality photos I can. We will then make announcements about the cruise to passengers and will photograph guests before boarding. About 10 minutes before the boat departs I go inside get my photos and sell them on board. I was able to learn a lot in this job in terms of adapting to a fast paced work environment, that was one of the best things I was able to learn. Learning how to set a camera quick and shoot quick but still deliver good photos is another thing I cherish because I can take that anywhere I go. The hardest part of the job is definitely finding the customers on the boat to sell photos to. When there is 500 people on the boat it isn't quite easy looking for 2 people, so I usually tackle groups first. The other hard part of the job is maintaining a line and keep it under control. Once a person refuses to take a picture they usually start a trend resulting in a lot more people refusing to take pictures. All in all it was a good experience and I plan on taking this experience with me.
Great company to work for!
Assistant Manager/Supervisor/Lead Photographer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 27, 2014
Pros: great management, room to grow, great atmosphere.
Cons: not the best pay but you can make it work.
I worked for SharpShooter Imaging Inc. for 6 years! It was a great job to have during high school seeing is that during the slow time at the job that was when I was away at school anyway. Then just as school was ending, they were busier and needed the help! I could literally work 14 hour days and be happy. I first worked on Navy Pier and then the Shedd Aquarium. I was outside and/or surrounded by fish. It was great. Everyone around you is having a great time and exploring the city of Chicago. The management was great and professional. My co-workers were also great and found some life long friends among them. I was promoted 3 times in my 6 years there and gained a lot of manager/supervisor experience. There is room to grow! The hardest part of the job was sometimes the customers weren't always happy or willing to take a photo and it was hard to regain control of the line. Once one person said no to taking a photo it was like a domino effect, but you were bound to eventually run into that happy family who stopped the domino effect. The most enjoyable part was just being in the downtown part of Chicago right by the lake. The job was easy, it was at a great place, and you had great views all around. Free boat rides and free Shedd Aquarium tickets for you and your family!
Good work enviroment
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMay 18, 2014
Great place to work. Great management, and friendly co-workers.
A really fun job and great employees to work with.
Site Operations Manager (Former Employee), Mt. Snow, Sunday River, Mystic AquariumFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: working in great tourist environments and working with great people
Cons: no benefits, low pay, lots of travel
A typical day as the manager for a SharpShooter retail photography location was fun. I helped train and manage up to 35 photographers who got to greet guests and make memories. The hardest part of the job was putting in long hours but working with the great staff I brought on made it all worth it.
good job if you're looking for something temporary and fun, not a career though
FanPhoto Photographer for the Boston Red Sox (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 4, 2013
Poor management and sparse training at the Fenway Park site. Fun job though if you're not doing it for your career.
Terrible company to be involved with, poor company culture.
Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 5, 2013
Cons: management, company owners, unrealistic demands, no work-life balance, compensation and benefits, etc, etc.
I do not recommend SharpShooter Imaging to anyone seeking employment. This company does not recognize hard works in it's staff and only focuses on the negative. The demands from the "out-of-touch" owners are completely unrealistic and there is no concept of work-life balance. Upper level managers are expected to work 55-65 hours per week for low compensation, and work weekends and evenings. I would consider a last resort job. I do not recommend this company to anyone.
Great opportunity for advancement. Low pay
VENUE MANAGER (Current Employee), NY, NYJuly 6, 2013
Pros: good people. promotions from within are easy.
Cons: low pay for the amount of responsibility
This company does a great job of promoting from within, but expect long hours and low pay in the management positions.
Fun, Productive atmosphere.
Sales Photographer (Former Employee), National Aquarium BaltimoreJune 24, 2013
Pros: when your not working you get into the venue for free, discounted photos, members discount on food and items purchased at gift shop.
Cons: crowded working space.
I enjoyed my time with Sharp Shooters. Management was very good, they were really on top of things, especially when it came to Customer Service and Productivity. A Typical day at work for me was about 4 hours on Camera, with about a 10 minute break after the first three hours, then my 30 min after the completed 4 hours. After I would go to sales, which was my favorite part of the day. You got to interact with customers more, sharing in that moment of excitement to see there photos and also seeing the reactions. The hardest part of the job I would say, is that its gets a little boring and rhythmic. You do the same thing, you mostly have the same shift schedule so you don't really have a lot of adversity in your work day. My co-workers where a couple of characters. They did make work more enjoyable, as well as making it somewhat harder. Some people didn't pick up on things as well as others, but that's unavoidable.
shedd aquarium
Photographer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 19, 2013
the only good thing about this company is that it was located inside the shedd aquarium
If I had a choice, I'd never started working here
Sales Photographer (Current Employee), Asheville NCApril 9, 2013
Pros: the biltmore house has a lot of nice history
Cons: short breaks, management, pay, almost everything.
I've been working at Sharpshooters at Biltmore for a while now. When I started I was told full time with an average pay of around $10.00 an hour. All Lies. During the christmas season yes you do work full time averaging around 50 hours a week. But as soon as that is over the hours drop and the pay goes to $8.00 an hour working barely 24 hours a week.

The guest of the house are rude! Simply said. The pay might as well be nothing for the amount of stress that you get at that job.

The manager play favorites like crazy. Giving the easier shifts to their favorites as well as doing anything they can as long as they like you.

If you want to be over work, under appreciated and under payed then this job is great for you. I would never recommend this job to anyone. Trust me you don't want to work here. And from what I've read from other venues its the same all over.
It was okay...
Lead Photographer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 28, 2013
Pros: free meals, funny coworkers, fun sometimes
Cons: strict dress code, long hours, rude guests, overbearing boss
I had a really nitpicky boss during the time I was there, and while she gave me a promotion, she then acted like I didn't deserve it the whole time I had it. They wanted to promote me further but corporate wouldn't allow it unless I did a ton of paperwork. What was worse is I was already doing the job, they just didn't want to give me the power/position/salary. Whatever. The customers were usually rude, but my coworkers were great.

The boss is gone now, so I've heard. It might be better today.
Run run, you better run run...away!
Assistant Manager/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: you work at the aquarium
Cons: management and working under someone who is emotionally unstable.
A typical day is being under paid for your efforts. I learned that there is no praise involved in this position that your constantly under attack by management. The management staff are people who will not be able to work anywhere else and are settling. Management is emotionally unstable and take their internal problems out on staff.
Coworkers are great. You work with some who are great workers but others that have no workethic whatsoever. The hardest part of the job is working with the venue manager and most enjoyable part are the patrons and the actual aquarium staff that are very pleasant
Best first job.
Sales Photographer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: free photos, worked at the zoo.
The management was competent and most of my co-workers were super friendly. Salary was excellent