Sharp Bus Lines

Sharp Bus Lines Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
School Bus Driver
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Amherstburg, ONJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Off time in the day and summer
Cons: not enough hours
Fellow employees and management are enjoyable, as so are the student for the most part. Students can be loud and rowdy which makes for some stressful times
sharp bus lines was a great company to work for
school van driver (Former Employee), inerkip ontarioJuly 14, 2015
Pros: learned how to be a proffesional driver
Cons: only part time - all school holidays including summer months were not paid
i had a set schedule time to pick up children and drop off in another city for school.filled out paperwork daily.and if i needed assistance it was always provided..really enjoyed working for this company...it was only a part time job and i required full time.
Great Job, Great company, Not enough hours
Driver (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: Every day was different
Cons: Not enough hours
I worked split shifts. Starting early mornings then had the middle of the day to myself. Started back just before school dismissal for the end of my day.
Drivers worked as a team to make sure all students arrived where they needed to be.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction I had with the students, parents/caregivers & school staff members.
Hot but fun job with enjoyable co workers.
Bus Washer (Former Employee), Amherstburg, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: nice co workers, chose my hours.
Cons: hot days, may busses
I learned how to swiftly clean and work better with people, especially the mechanics who were nice enough to help when we became low on supplies. Every day was hot and started early but over all the job was enjoyable although the cleaning when it was the hottest point the summer was not an easy task.
Flexible position with free training and ability to take your children
Bus Driver, Kitchener (Current Employee), Brantford, ONNovember 26, 2014
Pros: able to take children to work
Cons: seasonal
A typical day starts with safety checking the bus to ensure a vehicle which operates in a safe manner. Staying on schedule with the route provided, and adhering to safety measures while loading and unloading – more... children at bus stops and schools in city and rural areas. Management of children's safety on the bus, and noise level. Obeying traffic laws and speed limits.

Management is organized to keep us up to date on new changes, road conditions, closures and traffic slow-downs.

Training for a 'B' class license is free, and after the individual obtains the license, many are offered a position with the company.

The downfall to the job is the rate of pay, and the break in employment because it's a seasonal position, but this is bittersweet because...
The most enjoyable/benefit of the job is that I am allowed to take my children on the bus with me, which saves in daycare costs, and I am off during the holidays, school breaks and summer to avoid daycare costs. – less
nil
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Brantford, ontSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: nil
Cons: lack of communication
some of the office staff do not know how to work well with others.
seems to be operating well
Special Needs Driver (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 11, 2014
I am a new employee, there fore I am still learning.

typical day is picking up children from there home address and delivering them to desired school location.

management are approachable on all levels.

most enjoyable part of this job is seeing their excitement coming on the bus and hearing about their day at the end of school.
Fun and rewarding
School Bus Operator (Current Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: i enjoy driving
Cons: short hours
I learn everyday about children more and more. The management at work is very nice, I get along very well with everyone when I see them. I get to bring my bus home during the 4 hour break I have in between morning and afternoon runs. The hardest part of the job is not getting enough hours.
Very political company
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 19, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: wages
Continually had to fight for monies owed. Promised one thing given another , end up working for less than minimum wage.
Very political company
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 19, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: wages

January 3, 2013

My experience was very different, never an issue getting answers or response to problems.

School Bus
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 6, 2012
So far Sharp in St Catharines is a really good company to work for, very nice people and very understanding
Friendly staff
Professional School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 11, 2012
Pros: free training
Cons: only the weather mother nature gives us
Helpful friendly people who help you succeed and offer assistance at every step along the way. Great place to work if you only need a part time income !
enjoys driving
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 10, 2012
Cons: limited hours
interacting with people both old and young.
enjoy driving and working with kids.
there is no hard part about the job, very easy and enjoyable.