Sharp Bus Lines Employee Reviews

Such a terrible company to work for
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 April 2017
Sharp is such a terrible company. It would take 15000 characters
to tell what Sharp is like and that would not be enough. I just want to say. Stay away rom Sharp School Bus Company. Go work for Walmart where they treat you much better and even give you a Health Plan.
Sharp does not even close. I recommend there is other part time jobs other then working for Sharp School Bus Company.
Pros
Cons
Way to many to mention
Extremely bad company
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill26 April 2017
I am an ex employee of Sharp School Bus Company. Extremely bad experience. The management constantly lie to the drivers. Make promises and then say I didn't say that. I had a funeral of a brother and I had to take 3 days off under the Law. Sharp management said that I can take the afternoon off to attend the funeral. However I must return the next morning to do the Route. They refused to give me 3 days off which is the law in Ontario to be with my family. I decided to quit. How can a company not have any compassion. Its all about money for the Sharp Family. It is bad enough that they pay us peanuts in compensation. but they have know ethics what so ever. I would never recommend any bus Driver to work for such a un Professional company. Huch.........................
Pros
Cons
are you kidding. So many.
Terrible place to work
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 April 2017
I got out of Sharp School Bus Company and I recommend that don't even try to drive for sharp. There are much better companies to work for. Sharp does not cooperate with the driver even if you are sick or need to attend a important family event. This job is a part time job and have know right to say no. You must drive.. Sharp drivers start and quit shortly after they start They go through so many drivers through a year, you begin to wonder why. The reasons are Lowest pay in the school bus industry. very poor communications with so called management. So many more things that they don't do for their driver. believe me do not work for Sharp School Bus Company unless you want to be abused and abused.
Pros
Cons
To numerous to mention
I am a former Sharp School Bus driver
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 March 2017
As a former school bus driver for Sharp I will give you my experience with Sharp. All school bus company are about the same. However Sharp is well below the other companies. Sharp promises you financial incentives and then they find a reason not to pay you that incentive they promised you. They expect you to do things and not get paid for. If you do charters the pay works out well below minimum wage. I would recommend not to work for Sharp. If you want to be abused work for any other school bus company. At least you will make more money.
Pros
None what so ever
Cons
None what so ever
An incredible place to work. Great support from all levels. Best of all - summers off and two weeks off at Christmas!
Professional School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 October 2016
The best part about being a school bus driver in my opinion is greeting the students. If you love kids, this position is for you. Sharp Bus Lines has an exceptional training program to make you confident with the operation of a large school bus. Management is very helpful and approachable with any issues or concerns you have. This position requires a lot of responsibility but the gratifying returns of working with children, parents and teachers is rewarding. Best of all, you can bring your own children or grandchildren to work with you! Having the same holidays as the schools is also an added bonus.
Great place to work .Office staff and trainers are very laid back .
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON1 July 2016
I only been with Sharp for almost a yr.I work in Simcoe
Driving bus mini bus and also Van .After one season I wish now I had done this year's ago.
Very great place to work Head manager is a very down to earth man and the office ladies are very help full when needing help .Trainers are also ever helpful in anything needing to know and talk the time to tell you how to do things the right way and Sharps way .
Working with the students and schools and parents are also ok .Get a lot of support with saying this are team in office also supports us big time as long as you should have it .And if not then you know it's your doing.
Pros
Support from office work hours pay .And family can ride if needed
Cons
Cant say there is any
Okay, don't rely on it
Commercial Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  Concord3 June 2016
Working here is all right. It's nothing too special. Do not expect to be able to call in sick, and expect constant pay cuts and irregular calls for help.
Pros
Free Training, flexible hours
Cons
No sick days, day off requests require over 2 weeks
great job, poor pay
Driver (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 June 2016
great people, great kids, busy work day, hardest thing is saying goodbye to people. very rewarding job, the pay is poor though, it is not a living wage
self employed
Driver (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 May 2016
Experienced driver with 20+ years of experience, holding a valid class BZ license and a clean abstract
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Able to adapt to numerous environments; team player
school bus driver
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 May 2016
this is a fantastic place to work for! they are organized group in the Kitchener office and treat you very well! unfortunately the pay kinda sucks...
Great company to drive for
Part-Time Long Haul B Class Driver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 February 2016
If I was looking to drive part time to earn some spare cash, I would drive for Sharp Bus Lines again. Their a great transport business that treat their drivers nicely.
Pros
Great company to drive for
Cons
I wished it was full time driving
review
Driver trainer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 February 2016
Enjoyed working for this company unfortunately it just not enough money
Kids on the bus were great but the parent are something else
co-workers were fantastic and again the hardest part of the job was the parents
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Parents
love seeing the kids on my run everyday on time
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 August 2015
Everyday I look forward to seeing the kids on my run
I get them to and from school on time everyday.
The office staff is great if you are willing to work and not ask questions.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough money
School Bus Driver
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON23 July 2015
Fellow employees and management are enjoyable, as so are the student for the most part. Students can be loud and rowdy which makes for some stressful times
Pros
Off time in the day and summer
Cons
not enough hours
sharp bus lines was a great company to work for
school van driver (Former Employee) –  inerkip ontario14 July 2015
i had a set schedule time to pick up children and drop off in another city for school.filled out paperwork daily.and if i needed assistance it was always provided..really enjoyed working for this company...it was only a part time job and i required full time.
Pros
learned how to be a proffesional driver
Cons
only part time - all school holidays including summer months were not paid
Great Job, Great company, Not enough hours
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 April 2015
I worked split shifts. Starting early mornings then had the middle of the day to myself. Started back just before school dismissal for the end of my day.
Drivers worked as a team to make sure all students arrived where they needed to be.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction I had with the students, parents/caregivers & school staff members.
Pros
Every day was different
Cons
Not enough hours
Hot but fun job with enjoyable co workers.
Bus Washer (Former Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON28 January 2015
I learned how to swiftly clean and work better with people, especially the mechanics who were nice enough to help when we became low on supplies. Every day was hot and started early but over all the job was enjoyable although the cleaning when it was the hottest point the summer was not an easy task.
Pros
Nice co workers, chose my hours.
Cons
Hot days, may busses
Flexible position with free training and ability to take your children
Bus Driver, Kitchener (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 November 2014
A typical day starts with safety checking the bus to ensure a vehicle which operates in a safe manner. Staying on schedule with the route provided, and adhering to safety measures while loading and unloading children at bus stops and schools in city and rural areas. Management of children's safety on the bus, and noise level. Obeying traffic laws and speed limits.

Management is organized to keep us up to date on new changes, road conditions, closures and traffic slow-downs.

Training for a 'B' class license is free, and after the individual obtains the license, many are offered a position with the company.

The downfall to the job is the rate of pay, and the break in employment because it's a seasonal position, but this is bittersweet because...
The most enjoyable/benefit of the job is that I am allowed to take my children on the bus with me, which saves in daycare costs, and I am off during the holidays, school breaks and summer to avoid daycare costs.
Pros
Able to take children to work
Cons
Seasonal
nil
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ont29 September 2014
some of the office staff do not know how to work well with others.
Pros
nil
Cons
lack of communication
seems to be operating well
Special Needs Driver (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 July 2014
I am a new employee, there fore I am still learning.

typical day is picking up children from there home address and delivering them to desired school location.

management are approachable on all levels.

most enjoyable part of this job is seeing their excitement coming on the bus and hearing about their day at the end of school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp Bus Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2