Sharp Bus Lines Employee Reviews

Nice People
School Bus Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON12 June 2017
Everyone was friendly to work with. I had no issues while working at Sharp Bus Lines. I enjoyed working in both Midland and Orillia. The apprentice mechanic is very helpful.
Pretty good place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 May 2017
Wasnt a bad place to work i was a salary position no overtime but if you needed a dayoffyou didnt get nailed was steady work i work in the garage upper mangers seemed pretty honestish some times they would bend the the story in thier favor but mangers would have thier fav employes just go to work mind your own business and work
Pros
Steady
Cons
Trust
Some Sharp school Drivers can't speak english. How did they get their drivers licence.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON1 May 2017
Besides Sharp School Bus Company is a company that has no ethics to their drivers. While I was driving for Sharp, Quite often over the Radio one driver had to translate from a foreign language to English. These drivers are driving a school bus. The question is how did they get their B licence when they can't speak English. I am sure if these so called drivers where sent to the Department of Transportation and take their written test. They would fail and not be licensed. but they are so desperate for drivers that they test everyone them selves and pass every driver even if they can't speak english. I find that strange. However Sharp School Bus Company is a very, very strange company and a terrible company to work for.
Pros
non
Cons
They will put anyone behind the week as long he is 21 years old.
I can not believe there is such a TERRIBLE school bus company
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 April 2017
Sharp is such a terrible company. If I was the person that controls the school bus companies I would not allow Sharp to operate. They are that bad towards the Drivers.
Cons
Such a terrible company to work for
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 April 2017
Sharp is such a terrible company. It would take 15000 characters
to tell what Sharp is like and that would not be enough. I just want to say. Stay away rom Sharp School Bus Company. Go work for Walmart where they treat you much better and even give you a Health Plan.
Sharp does not even close. I recommend there is other part time jobs other then working for Sharp School Bus Company.
Pros
Cons
Way to many to mention
Extremely bad company
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill26 April 2017
I am an ex employee of Sharp School Bus Company. Extremely bad experience. The management constantly lie to the drivers. Make promises and then say I didn't say that. I had a funeral of a brother and I had to take 3 days off under the Law. Sharp management said that I can take the afternoon off to attend the funeral. However I must return the next morning to do the Route. They refused to give me 3 days off which is the law in Ontario to be with my family. I decided to quit. How can a company not have any compassion. Its all about money for the Sharp Family. It is bad enough that they pay us peanuts in compensation. but they have know ethics what so ever. I would never recommend any bus Driver to work for such a un Professional company. Huch.........................
Pros
Cons
are you kidding. So many.
Terrible place to work
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 April 2017
I got out of Sharp School Bus Company and I recommend that don't even try to drive for sharp. There are much better companies to work for. Sharp does not cooperate with the driver even if you are sick or need to attend a important family event. This job is a part time job and have know right to say no. You must drive.. Sharp drivers start and quit shortly after they start They go through so many drivers through a year, you begin to wonder why. The reasons are Lowest pay in the school bus industry. very poor communications with so called management. So many more things that they don't do for their driver. believe me do not work for Sharp School Bus Company unless you want to be abused and abused.
Pros
Cons
To numerous to mention
An incredible place to work. Great support from all levels. Best of all - summers off and two weeks off at Christmas!
Professional School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 October 2016
The best part about being a school bus driver in my opinion is greeting the students. If you love kids, this position is for you. Sharp Bus Lines has an exceptional training program to make you confident with the operation of a large school bus. Management is very helpful and approachable with any issues or concerns you have. This position requires a lot of responsibility but the gratifying returns of working with children, parents and teachers is rewarding. Best of all, you can bring your own children or grandchildren to work with you! Having the same holidays as the schools is also an added bonus.
Transporting High School and Public School Students
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 June 2016
Can be very stressful, but in general I good work environment. The main issue with this profession is that the drivers are underpaid and underappreciated by the School Board, transportation Service, the school and the parents of the children..
Pros
good hours
Cons
poorly behaved children
Okay, don't rely on it
Commercial Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  Concord3 June 2016
Working here is all right. It's nothing too special. Do not expect to be able to call in sick, and expect constant pay cuts and irregular calls for help.
Pros
Free Training, flexible hours
Cons
No sick days, day off requests require over 2 weeks
school bus driver
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 May 2016
this is a fantastic place to work for! they are organized group in the Kitchener office and treat you very well! unfortunately the pay kinda sucks...
Great company to drive for
Part-Time Long Haul B Class Driver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 February 2016
If I was looking to drive part time to earn some spare cash, I would drive for Sharp Bus Lines again. Their a great transport business that treat their drivers nicely.
Pros
Great company to drive for
Cons
I wished it was full time driving
review
Driver trainer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 February 2016
Enjoyed working for this company unfortunately it just not enough money
Kids on the bus were great but the parent are something else
co-workers were fantastic and again the hardest part of the job was the parents
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Parents
love seeing the kids on my run everyday on time
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 August 2015
Everyday I look forward to seeing the kids on my run
I get them to and from school on time everyday.
The office staff is great if you are willing to work and not ask questions.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough money
School Bus Driver
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON23 July 2015
Fellow employees and management are enjoyable, as so are the student for the most part. Students can be loud and rowdy which makes for some stressful times
Pros
Off time in the day and summer
Cons
not enough hours
sharp bus lines was a great company to work for
school van driver (Former Employee) –  inerkip ontario14 July 2015
i had a set schedule time to pick up children and drop off in another city for school.filled out paperwork daily.and if i needed assistance it was always provided..really enjoyed working for this company...it was only a part time job and i required full time.
Pros
learned how to be a proffesional driver
Cons
only part time - all school holidays including summer months were not paid
Great Job, Great company, Not enough hours
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 April 2015
I worked split shifts. Starting early mornings then had the middle of the day to myself. Started back just before school dismissal for the end of my day.
Drivers worked as a team to make sure all students arrived where they needed to be.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction I had with the students, parents/caregivers & school staff members.
Pros
Every day was different
Cons
Not enough hours
Hot but fun job with enjoyable co workers.
Bus Washer (Former Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON28 January 2015
I learned how to swiftly clean and work better with people, especially the mechanics who were nice enough to help when we became low on supplies. Every day was hot and started early but over all the job was enjoyable although the cleaning when it was the hottest point the summer was not an easy task.
Pros
Nice co workers, chose my hours.
Cons
Hot days, may busses
Flexible position with free training and ability to take your children
Bus Driver, Kitchener (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 November 2014
A typical day starts with safety checking the bus to ensure a vehicle which operates in a safe manner. Staying on schedule with the route provided, and adhering to safety measures while loading and unloading children at bus stops and schools in city and rural areas. Management of children's safety on the bus, and noise level. Obeying traffic laws and speed limits.

Management is organized to keep us up to date on new changes, road conditions, closures and traffic slow-downs.

Training for a 'B' class license is free, and after the individual obtains the license, many are offered a position with the company.

The downfall to the job is the rate of pay, and the break in employment because it's a seasonal position, but this is bittersweet because...
The most enjoyable/benefit of the job is that I am allowed to take my children on the bus with me, which saves in daycare costs, and I am off during the holidays, school breaks and summer to avoid daycare costs.
Pros
Able to take children to work
Cons
Seasonal
nil
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ont29 September 2014
some of the office staff do not know how to work well with others.
Pros
nil
Cons
lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp Bus Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3