Shark Club Employee Reviews

Amazing workplace
Bar Back (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2018
Great resturant. Over the past 4 years I have seen it go downhill. The staff when the resturant first opened was amazing. Even until 2016 is was great. After the MG left it went downhill fast. New manager Jon sucks
Pros
Had a great staff in 2015!!
Cons
NEW managers suck D- Except Rachel
Very productive work environment, and carring managment.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 September 2017
Shark club has an amazing staff who work together flawlessly. Management is always there to give a helping hand, weather it be with costumers or you just need someone to listen, they are not your typical management. They are kind, carring, and always want to keep their employees close, people are not just numbers at Shark Club, everyone is treated with respect and kindness. This was the best job I ever had, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to move forward in their workplace.
Best Sports Bar
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 September 2017
A very busy sports bar. Taught me how to work in a fast pace environment. Great management team. Always there to help us out. The hours were very long, some days got up to 11 hours which was hard. Having a strong and friendly team made working at Shark Club worth it!
Great kitchen to work in.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 August 2017
Shark club in Saskatoon is a great kitchen to work in. Started out there awhile back, so they are willing to take people with no experience and train. I learned a lot there.
horrible
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC27 July 2017
they love weeding people out by cutting shifts and forcing you to quit, also management very snakey act super nice to you and quick to stab in the back all female cook staff treated badly by the men running the place
Busy work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 July 2017
Shark Club is a fast paced restaurant that helps develop communication skills and the ability to multitask. The clientele are usually people staying in one of the many nearby hotels which allows the staff to interact with many types of people.
Fun
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2017
My team were friendly and helpful. Always there for everyone if they need help. The chef always makes sure that the food have to be served as the way supposed to be
Pros
No evining
Cons
Tips
Just Okay
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
It's a decent place to get your start with serving. It's not for those who can't handle heavy turn over. At times it can be an overwhelming environment. Nothing really stands out as being fantastic or extremely bad. It's just your typical corporately run bar grill.
The people are nice, but i would not recommend it for anyone with experience. if you have never had any cooking training this might be a place for you
Morning line cook (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 February 2017
the management is good but bad. I have had a bad experience but i don't think everyone does. I need a bit more balance and a bit less direction to be happy
Fun, productive atmosphere.
Supervisor/server/bartender (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC18 February 2017
Shark Club was a great place to work, it's a sports bar atmosphere. Usually I would supervise the night shift unless I covered a shift for a server. I would come on shift and count the till, see who I was working the night with. The dinner rush would happen and I would either be bartending, food running, cleaning tables, the works. Management was great (above me and other managers as well). The hardest part of the job would be when a conflict between servers would happen, or silly drama. Other than that everything always usually went pretty well. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the amazing crew, and the feeling of teamwork. Shark Club is a great skill building workplace.
Pros
Great deals on food, happy hour from 3-6
Cons
Crazy dinner rushes sometimes, but thats just like any other restaurant.
Fun Times working at shark club
Supervisor/Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 January 2017
Shark club was an awesome place to work at. Free meals everyday, and got to work with some awesome people. Management was good as well. Just never got along with the chef because he couldn't keep his part of a deal we made.
Pros
free lunches dinner and other things
Cons
late nights, and bad chef!
Solid place
2V8, Head (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 September 2016
Do your work, have fun, make money. deal with interesting people. Lots of socializing, positive, happy, upbeat environment and atmosphere. Hard workers will get rewarded.
Excellent Company to Work for
Bartender/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2016
I have worked for Shark Club since it' s first Ontario location opened in Toronto. Overall it is a great company to work for and has an excellent management team. It's a fun work environment with a lot of opportunities to grow within the company.
good
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2016
it was very good working at Shark Club. Everyone I worked with was great. it was a very collegial atmosphere and the Management staff were kind and accommodating.
Great staff, awful management.
PREP COOK - SHARK CLUB (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2016
I worked at Shark Club Barlow as a prep cook for about a year. The staff are great but the management is atrocious. I'm a veteran cook with management experience myself and I've never seen a location with such great potential be so badly underutilized by management.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Awful management
Fantastic place to work, with a lot of challenges and great rewards
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 December 2015
Dealing with customers can be very rewarding, the variety of people you meet is amazing. Running a lounge every day where people come to unwind and have a good time is it's own reward.
Pros
The people
Cons
Being the the forgotten employ sucks.
Prep Cook and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Victoria BC21 October 2015
Not a lot I can say about the shark club other then they need to get things straight. I was hired on as a line cook but was really a dishwasher/cleaner and often given less shifts then need and not a lot of time to plan in advance. Then after the busy season they seem to forget that I worked there.
Pros
the servers were nice.
Cons
everything else.
Premier sports bar atmosphere
Chef-Designate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 October 2015
Forward moving, well developed and funded company. High expectations for management. Well developed systems, and if adhered to, can provide great results.
Salaries for management are good, wages for employees is average
Fun Workplace
-Learned many drink orders
-Corporate
-Great serving/bartending experience
-Sports bar
Pros
Great People
Cons
Scheduling
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  langley, BC24 September 2015
Great people to work with, lots of fun. Atmosphere is upbeat and fast paced. Customer service was very important. Learned a lot there, ran a very busy Bar and Grill, knew all the positions.
Pros
free lunc
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shark Club. Our community is ready to answer.