Shark Club Employee Reviews

Great kitchen to work in.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 August 2017
Shark club in Saskatoon is a great kitchen to work in. Started out there awhile back, so they are willing to take people with no experience and train. I learned a lot there.
horrible
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC27 July 2017
they love weeding people out by cutting shifts and forcing you to quit, also management very snakey act super nice to you and quick to stab in the back all female cook staff treated badly by the men running the place
Fun
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2017
My team were friendly and helpful. Always there for everyone if they need help. The chef always makes sure that the food have to be served as the way supposed to be
Pros
No evining
Cons
Tips
The people are nice, but i would not recommend it for anyone with experience. if you have never had any cooking training this might be a place for you
Morning line cook (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 February 2017
the management is good but bad. I have had a bad experience but i don't think everyone does. I need a bit more balance and a bit less direction to be happy
Fun, productive atmosphere.
Supervisor/server/bartender (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC18 February 2017
Shark Club was a great place to work, it's a sports bar atmosphere. Usually I would supervise the night shift unless I covered a shift for a server. I would come on shift and count the till, see who I was working the night with. The dinner rush would happen and I would either be bartending, food running, cleaning tables, the works. Management was great (above me and other managers as well). The hardest part of the job would be when a conflict between servers would happen, or silly drama. Other than that everything always usually went pretty well. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the amazing crew, and the feeling of teamwork. Shark Club is a great skill building workplace.
Pros
Great deals on food, happy hour from 3-6
Cons
Crazy dinner rushes sometimes, but thats just like any other restaurant.
good
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2016
it was very good working at Shark Club. Everyone I worked with was great. it was a very collegial atmosphere and the Management staff were kind and accommodating.
Great staff, awful management.
PREP COOK - SHARK CLUB (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2016
I worked at Shark Club Barlow as a prep cook for about a year. The staff are great but the management is atrocious. I'm a veteran cook with management experience myself and I've never seen a location with such great potential be so badly underutilized by management.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Awful management
Being the the forgotten employ sucks.
Prep Cook and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Victoria BC21 October 2015
Not a lot I can say about the shark club other then they need to get things straight. I was hired on as a line cook but was really a dishwasher/cleaner and often given less shifts then need and not a lot of time to plan in advance. Then after the busy season they seem to forget that I worked there.
Pros
the servers were nice.
Cons
everything else.
Fun Workplace
-Learned many drink orders
-Corporate
-Great serving/bartending experience
-Sports bar
Pros
Great People
Cons
Scheduling
Shark Club
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 May 2014
My work schedule is all over the place. I mainly work about 50 hours a week and very late shifts. At least 3 closes a week where you are working till 4am and sometimes later than that. I would describe a typical day at work and babysitting young adults. My current co-workers lack good communication which then prolongs goals and future endeavors. The management is not quick to react even when there is overwhelming evidence. This experience has showed me how to be calm in challenging situations as well how lucky I am that I am a hard worker and others respect my work ethic. The hardest part of my job currently is the late hours and consistently dealing with immature individuals whether another manager or one of my employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is being noticed when I work hard and being thanked.
Pros
Bonuses and Food benefits
Cons
long hours, late nights, consistant complaints from staff
Great Management
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 March 2014
Great Management - Management truly does care about their employees.