TITLE: Senior Lawyer, Part-Time with potential for full time
Reports to: Vice President, Real Estate & Franchise Development
Office: 31 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, Alberta
This position is located in Calgary, Alberta and reports directly to the President and the Vice President of Real Estate and Franchise Development. Moxie’s Restaurants, LP (Moxie’s Chop, Shark Club and Rockford restaurants) requires an experienced lawyer to practice in the areas of general Corporate Commercial Law, Commercial Real Estate Law, and Franchise Law. This role requires an experienced, creative, dynamic and hardworking individual with the ability to develop creative legal solutions to achieve business objectives while minimizing risks.
- Negotiating, reviewing, analyzing, and drafting of a wide range of real estate leases and other commercial contracts.
- Providing interpretation and advice on contracts to the various company departments, senior management, and shareholders.
- Responsible to ensure the company complies with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and contractual obligations.
- Close collaboration with key stakeholders, including officers of the company, outside legal counsel, government departments and regulators.
- Initiating documents of a lease (letters of intent and offers to lease reviewing all ancillary documents in relation to commercial leases.
- Addressing and resolving all lease related issues for existing locations.
- Synthesizing all franchising matters, advising the company on all aspects of the franchise relationship, working closely with franchisees, drafting and reviewing franchise agreements, and enforcing compliance under Franchise Law.
- Assist in proposed major transactions, financing transactions and overseeing corporate governance.
- Proven ability to conduct in-depth analysis and make appropriate legal wording changes.
- Ability to work closely in a group setting or independently when required.
- Personally type and edit track changes to finalize all approved leasing and other legal documents.
- General litigation as pertains to Franchisor related issues.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor of Laws degree from an accredited Canadian university and a minimum of 7 years of experience specifically in commercial Real Estate practice gained with a major law firm or in a corporate in-house environment and have a solid business acumen.
- Knowledge of premium casual restaurant, hotel and bar operations is an asset.
- Fluent spoken and written French language is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills with working/hands knowledge of track changes in Microsoft Word and advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook are a must
- Strong communication and follow-up skills with an impeccable command of the English language, both written and spoken.
OTHER KEY ATTRIBUTES
- High energy, positive personality.
- Diligent work ethic; excels in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Ability to self-motivate, maintain sense of urgency, keep momentum.
- Ability to set and achieve short and long-term business goals.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and ability to learn.
- Strong interpersonal skills; enjoys working as part of a team.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We are unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
*We thank all applications for their interest, however, only those who are selected for our interview process will be contacted. No phone calls please.*
Indeed - 11 months ago
Shark Club is part of a large privately owned restaurant hospitality company in Canada. We have over 80 restaurant in Canada, with Shark...