Shared Services Employee Reviews

Ian Keeve
Group Shared Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Gauteng14 February 2017
expanding on the service offering, implementing controls and improved efficiencies, all forms part of my daily duties. Working with Auditors, both external and internal requires a perfect switch between internal and external control environments. hardest part of the job is to have people understand the complexities of a shared services centre, the moving parts and the dynamics of a shared services centre
Pros
learning curve
Cons
frustrations on decision making
Challenging Role
INFORMATION SPECIALIST Injazat Data Systems (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi28 December 2016
My day as a DBA starts quite challenging with multiple clients to be handled. Learned how to build strong relationship with customer other than offering services to them. Team coordination and always striving for perfection in fulfilling the given assignments.
Pros
Free of Taxes
Cons
24*7 Availability
Poor Morale
ER/Outpatient (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PA26 December 2016
Poor morale and poor management. Need to create a more positive atmosphere to keep good workers from leaving. Always cutting back and never replaces workers to help where is is very important such as outpatient and emergency room.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Poor Morale
No "walk the talk" management style
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CO19 October 2016
Unsubstantiated comments about typical services provided to our distribution centers. Unrealistic metrics. Work required to perform but was never used. Too much of "talk the talk" and no indication of "walk the talk". The most enjoyable part of the job was the direct reports and the hard work they did each day.
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Working with Special needs students
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Winsted, CT16 August 2016
I had the opportunity to work one-on-one with autistic children of varying ages and different levels of the autism spectrum. Very rewarding job helping these kids develop into the best person that they can be.
Staff is wonderful with the kids always being first.
Pros
Mentally rewarding and emotionally satisfying
Cons
Mentally Taxing at times, Physically exhausting
Productive and fun filled place to work at
Junior Associate (Former Employee) –  Kerala, India29 February 2016
Handled back office administrative tasks for RM Education Plc. Located in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, included creating, sending, receiving & processing of purchase orders with the suppliers, planning and scheduling site visits
Supervisor, payroll team of 4
Payroll Section Nursing team supervisor (ASO6) (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT3 November 2015
I managed a team of 4 working closely with other payroll teams.
The hardest part of the job was the responsibility to correctly pay clients salaries.
I have had many years experience in the administration of an office as the payroll officer using CHRIS21 computerised payroll system, general administrative officer working with MYOB bookkeeping computerised system and assisting the Real Estate Agent receipting and managing the Trust account.
I am willing to take on different work as a shop assistant or cleaner and am a quick and conscience worker.
Pros
many years of work experience and dedication to a work place
Great Place
Magnavox Way​ Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  1700 Magnavox Way, Fort Wayne, IN 468082 October 2015
Loved working for this company. Great people and tons of work. They have a great work atmosphere. They allow you to listen to music with headphones as long as you are working diligently. It is a great desk job to have. Good money and decent paced work!
Pros
Pizza Fridays for teams that worked the best, Popcorn Fridays, can listen to music
Cons
Gets super cold in the building!
Nice people to work with is the most important aspect of working.
Linen Worker III (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE18 August 2015
I have been treated very fair by the Manager of Laundry, as well as my immediate supervisor. The Director of Laundry is also a fair man. I have no complaints about working for these fair men.
Pros
Being treated fair is number one priority.
Cons
Expensive health care.
Opportunity to enter education field
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winsted, CT31 July 2015
Loved what I was doing, but decided to enter career in which I had my degree. Wanted to experience working in a school setting when position as para-educator came along.
Decent place to work at depending on your manager
SVP, Sr. Applications Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DE29 July 2015
Very high tech/high scale needs. Decent place at if you're a geek.

Management, work culture need to be updated from stuffy Bank / hard org boundaries, to much more of Agile Manifesto principles. Long way to go culturally and fostering the individual talent and ridding themselves of disabling politics.
Great working with Guardian for long years
Senior Business Objects Developer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NY21 July 2015
It feels great working with Guardian Life Insurance Company of America for long years. It provided me opportunity to hone my skills working closely with other teams.
Not as productive as it could have been.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA6 July 2015
If the nearly incompetent nurse did her job it would make it so much easier for the staff to do their job. I wouldn't want to be in this line of work again because I felt like a slave. They did not respect the job discription and I was constently having to do things that were beyond my job discription.
Shared Services Connected Ltd
Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Rugby23 April 2015
The job involved managing a team of administrative staff who provided e-learning services. The government department I worked in was privatised/taken over by Shared Services Connected Ltd. I only worked for Shared Services Connected Ltd for about 5 months and there wasn't any significant changes to my role or management within that time, so I haven't really got any comments to make about SSCL.
IT Recruiter
HR- Associate (Former Employee) –  Bangalore17 March 2015
• Matching the profiles according to the requirements.
• Monitoring and maintaining of database on the basis for current requirements and building a pipeline for immediate and future requirements.
• Preparation of Daily, weekly & Monthly Reports
• Managing and be in a part of walk-in and Job Fairs organized by the Company
• Taking first HR Round and then lining up for further technical rounds and finally negotiating salary and issue of offer Letter
A great place to work
Master Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NY24 February 2015
I really enjoyed my day to day at work. I got to work with a great team of people and used my interpersonal skills as well as my systems expertise to support our internal clients with numerous issues. The hardest part of the job was not having the ability to solve every issue as fast as the client needed as we sometimes needed to escalate issues to a technical team. The most rewarding part was being able to resolve a user's issue or just hand hold them through a difficult process.
Pros
Great friendships were formed
Cons
fast paced environment at times
x
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY (Gates)23 February 2015
I enjoy the daily challenges of my position at Exelis, Inc. I interface with top executive and shop floor employees. I enjoy the flexibility working at Exelis allows me.
computer maintiance and Auditing
Service Desk Operator & Assets Auditing (Former Employee) –  canberra18 February 2015
▪ Performed off-site assistance to clients so that they were able to use the features and functions of systems optimally.
▪ Updating assets with purchase and/or warranty information; demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail during this process.
Pros
great people
Cons
angry clients
The job was satisfactory.
Postal Accident Claim Reporter (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, Pgh. PA.30 July 2014
I worked for this company for 4 months. I left because of a better opportunity with another company.
Pros
Refreshed my customer service and keynomic skills.
Cons
Evening and weekend hours.
FAIR
Executive - Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KA2 January 2014
VERY GOOD PLACE TO WORK WITH. CO WORKERS ARE CO OPERATIVE. LOVE TO WORK UNDER PRESSURE AND PROVIDE FASTER AND ACCURATE SOLUTIONS
Pros
NIL
Cons
NIL