The Shambhala Sun Foundation, a Halifax-based publisher, has the ideal career opportunity for an ambitious person with experience in magazine circulation or subscription fulfillment. The Assistant Circulation Manager, a key member of our small publishing team, will be part of a supportive work environment and play a key role in the success of three magazines, working with subscription sales, fulfillment, budgeting, and reporting, and with opportunity for advancement.
The ideal candidate will have a passion and aptitude for organizing and managing information, spreadsheets, and schedules. Whether working independently or with others they will be comfortable with prioritizing their own work and communicating with others. The job involves corralling a range of information accurately and reliably and responding to circulation-related requests from co-workers, customers, and external service providers.
The Shambhala Sun Foundation is an independent nonprofit and the leading publisher of Buddhist-inspired periodicals in North America. The job is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Working with the Associate Publisher, Circulation, the Assistant Circulation Manager will:
- Develop and implement subscription sales promotions, both online and in print
- Assist with direct mail marketing campaigns
- Supervise orders for magazine shipping and mailing
- Handle non-routine and priority customer service inquiries
- Manage fulfillment of list rental orders
- Monitor and maintain inventory stock levels
- Build and manage reporting and analysis for all programs
- Manage subscription partnership and agency programs
- Analyze costs and projections for annual budgets
- Prepare periodic management reports
- Manage relations with the US Postal Service and Canada Post
Specific Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements:
- Experience in magazine circulation or subscription fulfillment
- Analytical and creative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office programs
Prior experience working in Circulation and knowledge of subscription fulfillment systems would be ideal, but not essential. HTML and web analytics experience also a plus.
Salary range: $30,000 to $40,000. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter with Assistant Circulation Manager in the subject line. We hope to have the new assistant in place by mid-August 2013. Submission deadline: July 31, 2013.