SGS Employee Review

Bad place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga12 April 2014
Worst ever Management. So many politics and favoritism. They do not value people who work hard. Only concern about the profit.
Poor work environment. Not a place for a long term carrier.
Pros
one shift.
Cons
Do not value people, Low salary

Other SGS Employee Reviews

Toxic work environment!!!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 January 2018
Wages were pathetic. Hours weren't much better. Upper management are clueless and have zero experience or knowledge of the people they manage or the work those people do. HR personnel are there to protect the company's interests... certainly not the employee. Being lied to by managers was a daily occurrence... having HR back up those lies with obviously fake statistics was especially insulting. Grossly reduced wages and benefits to "keep the dept open" turned out to be a company orchestrated cash grab, at the employees expense, that lasted 5 months and ended with with them closing the dept anyway... a month before Christmas.

Don't work for these scumbags. You mean NOTHING to them and as soon as they've used you for all they can squeeze out... they'll throw you in the garbage like everything else that has no value to them.
Pros
I don't have to work there anymore.
Cons
The horrible human beings they call managers.
Walk away
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakefield, ON5 November 2017
Horrible company, I have nothing good to say about this place. Lakefield wet lab is full of rude senior techs and management who degraded and belittled me for every little thing and treated me as a burden. I was told the day I started to be patient because it would take stleast a month or more to be fully trained and comfortable, well I was given about two weeks of poor training, and after my trainer left due to health complications I received no more. I was told by the management and seniors that "you can't ask the senior techs questions, they're too busy to help you"........How do you learn without asking questions?

This place will look for any stupid reason to let you go to not give benefits, don't fall into their traps.
Pros
Bbqs
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SGS. Our community is ready to answer.