SGS Employee Review

welding and painting Superviser in offshore (Current Employee) –  Ahvāz10 May 2013
Execute the field welding inspection, surveillance and Quality Control activities on site. Ensure that all welding operations are executed in accordance with all relevant Codes of Practices and Company procedures/practices.

• Execute the specific inspections on materials, equipment and construction installation activities on site.
• Issue the relevant Quality Records, send non- conformances reports (NCR) to Quality Control Supervisor, ensuring that the inspections and controls are carried out and documented in accordance with the Quality.
• Control welding parameters and consumables during installation/construction activities.
• Control procedures and qualifications of welders.
• Check the availability and suitability of the filler material and of the preheating, welding, heat treatment, the bevels. Check the extent of the repairs made by the various welders and taking any corrective actions.
• Check and record pipe sequence.
• Perform Pipe line up check, ensuring that all installed pipe/fittings are to the correct specification and that the material is in accordance with the specified Material Traceability requirements.
• Carry out visual inspections.
• Verify collaboration/linearity.
• Monitor defect removal, by Magnetic Permeability Inspection (MPI).
• Accept Non Destructive Test-NDT inspection.
• Check readiness of NDT equipment.
• Handle all welding technical queries and investigating
• Ensure that all Welding, Heat Treatment, any hardness testing, Inspection and Non-destructive testing are in compliance with the relevant codes and specifications.
• Collect
  more... and manage/check certification testing, control and inspection documents, ensuring that all welding and testing related records form a complete package.
• Ensure the correct implementation of the approved Inspection Test Plan by Construction Contractor.
• Examine work in progress and effectively supervise repair procedures.
• Review welding requirements for field erected structures.

Other SGS Employee Reviews

Walk away
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakefield, ON5 November 2017
Horrible company, I have nothing good to say about this place. Lakefield wet lab is full of rude senior techs and management who degraded and belittled me for every little thing and treated me as a burden. I was told the day I started to be patient because it would take stleast a month or more to be fully trained and comfortable, well I was given about two weeks of poor training, and after my trainer left due to health complications I received no more. I was told by the management and seniors that "you can't ask the senior techs questions, they're too busy to help you"........How do you learn without asking questions?

This place will look for any stupid reason to let you go to not give benefits, don't fall into their traps.
Pros
Bbqs
Cons
better to avoid
Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2017
better to avoid because:

1) Low salary.

2) Favoritism.

3) A lot of employees and a few lab equipment. I always had stay late in order to have a chance to use any equipment and finish my work.

4) Weekly they force employees to do stupid and useless online training. It is very time consuming! I always had to stay late because of this training.

5) And of course nobody cares about paying of overtime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SGS. Our community is ready to answer.