SGS North America Employee Review

View all SGS North America reviews

Stay the hell away
Former Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 June 2013
Poor and indecisive management led to many layoffs within the department and the cutting of hours for contract employees. If you are permanent full-time they will not cut your hours.

Personally in my case, if the work is slow and the department is not making money, they cut your hours with only one day notice. Got used and bounced around because I was on contract. Attended department meetings only to be told to go back to work 1 minute in. Worst lab I ever worked at and I have been around
Pros
if you like to be treated unfairly
Cons
low wage, constantly shuffled around, cut your hours, no leadership from management

Other SGS North America Employee Reviews

Great place to apply your skills and work with some of the best in the business!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX24 November 2016
Promotes growth! Develops and challenges your mind. Gives you the opportunity to grow in several areas such as problem solving and soft sciences like customer services etc.
Pros
Flexible management and fantastic HR!
Cons
None sighted
On site visitation
SGS Container Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB18 October 2016
Learned the importance of Quality control and inspection - meeting a lot of individuals and how their products were being used in countries like Hati
Pros
Self Managed
Cons
Long drive to sites

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SGS North America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6