Seymour Pacific Developments Employee Reviews

Great place to work but a messed up pay
Assisting Framers (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 February 2016
Great, flexible and friendly management but the pay is way low. Beside the low pay the overall experience for me was a positive one.
The day would begin by the foreman drafting what each worker would be doing for the day. the foreman would also direct the lead hand to assist any work who might need additional assistance. This site was small and thus everyone knew everyone which was somewhat positive for me. another positive aspect was that you got to got your hands on various things happening on site such as carpentry, concrete finishing, myself I got to learn how to build cable houses. but the most enjoyable part of the job was the site superintendent's attitude towards workers, was not a stuck up/ Im your boss kinda attitude. and also getting free pizza on some weekends , whenever the foreman or the site superintendent felt like buying it. the hardest part was digging into frozen soil
Pros
Great management
Cons
Low pay
Fast paced, driven to complete projects
Forman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2016
An excellent Monday to Friday job
with fast paced projects to complete, construction safety was key and well managed. The pay was excellent and all tools needed to do the work was available.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Long days, sometimes very gossipy
Awesome company to work for.
laborer, lead hand, maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB14 January 2016
Worked for Seymour Pacific for 8 months. Started out as a laborer then lead hand and after 8 months was offered the maintenance technician position.
Pros
company cares about employees
Cons
subject to economic situations
Do not recommend.
Construction Labourer / Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB27 August 2015
Not worth my time reviewing. 20 words is far too much to describe the fact that this company should have stayed in British Colombia
It's all about the people you work with...
Shipper & Receiver (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB12 July 2015
If your lucky enough to work with an amazing group of people then your work life is easy.

I'm able to work with the greatest purchasing department.
Great job in terms of culture, until they hired incompetent Controller
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC, Canada16 June 2015
Good place to work in that they want to see you advance and better yourself by putting you through school and other PD programs. However, they do not pay that well and raises were scarce. I have a degree and almost a designation, but turns out I didn't need it for my job there.

The office is beautiful, prestige place to work with a full cafeteria service for the employees. I was able to make work friends and we frequently socialized outside of work. Seymour only hired those who fit the company culture, which made for a fun place to work.

Throughout my employment I learned a lot of accounting and other work skills that made for a great resume. However, work did become routine and was rarely given other projects besides my month-end duties.

Management is great except for delegating certain authority to a single individual. He was able to let me go without reasonable cause instead of warning me to figure out the problem.
Pros
Culture, cafeteria, benefits
Cons
Routine work, slow periods, job security
Ever changing atmosphere
Site Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon and Red Deer19 February 2014
Seymour Pacific is an excellent company to work for. If not for the fact that I can't be 7 hours away from my family anymore, I would still be here.
Typical days varied depending on the stage of build. Some days I'd be bombarded with paperwork other days would find me travelling around getting supplies. It was never boring.
My boss was one of the nicest people ever worked for. He taught me everything I wanted to know about construction from excavation to final clean, and I had a lot of questions. Everything from reading blueprints to different tools and supplies.
We had a crew at all time of approximately 13 people. I never had much issue with anyone. For the most part they were all hard working.
I didn't really find any part of my job hard, if I didn't know something I asked and then would determine the best way for me to do it.
The most enjoyable part was watching the buildings go up and how quickly they progressed at each stage, and knowing that I had a part of bringing it together.
Pros
Salary
Safe and positive work enviroment
Excavation Foreman (Former Employee) –  Western Canada3 January 2014
Direct crew on daily tasks to complete for progress on jobsite. Insure and maintain a safe working environment. Make sure work is been done right and efficiently. Keeping moral of crew positive no matter what situation.
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Wages
Productive & fast paced
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC17 November 2013
Working with this company was great. It was such a fast paced job, which made the day go by quickly. The management there was great, it was a good professional company
Great place to work complete with equipment shop.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC17 July 2013
Awesome place to work unforunatly did not have enought work. Always some thing new, all building code proceders. Management was fun and professonal. Co- workers were talented. Having to leave because of lack of work. Meet new freinds and watching our sites grow.
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
Bad wet weather could not work.

2.9